SOUND... the retreat

SOUND... the retreat...

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/dragonageinquisition/mods/1183
nexusmods.com/dragonageinquisition/mods/668/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He was a traitor and did everything wrong.

He read the script and realized the game would be too easy if he didn't make this key choice

If he sent his reinforcing army into the battle, The king would still be alive.

Why does he look Jewish?

Loghain?
More like Logpain!

Hooked nose were desired by Romans, idiot. Do you really think those types of noses only Jews have them?

Looks like the typical beady anglo to me

Everything else was retardation. But abandoning Cailan was 100% the right move.

I'm almost convinced it's become a retarded ironic meme to aggressively insist Loghain did EVERYTHING wrong.

What, no mug of ale for a weary general from distant Gwaren!?

>implying Loghain did anything right in his entire life

I feel the dude was right that the battle was lost and if he had backed them up all he might have done is bought time to retreat.

The king had a fucking wall and charged out from it, he didn't have the mages or rogues set fuckloads of traps or reinforce the fortifications, the king wanted a battle, and sadly, if Loghain had come in and said "Okay, we all need to retreat" the king would have probably shouted to belay the order, you know, even if Duncan and Loghain are both shouting in his ear.

But framing the Grey Wardens felt kind of pointless. Was there really any reason to do that?

just finished origins (enjoyed it) and just bought Dragon Age 2. What am I in for?

disappointment

I did this too, da2 is not as fun

Hurf durf

hurf durf feggtz git off mai vidyer

Don't, skip straight to Inquisition.

railroading

It was to set up the plot user

I have a friend who loved DA:O and was super psyched to hear about DA, so I preordered the delux edition for their birthday as a gift.

After DA2 came out, they refused to speak to me anymore.

I don't blame them.

THREADLY REMINDER
If you didn't
>recruit Loghain
>tell Morrigan to fuck off with her demon child idea
>kill the Archdemon yourself
you played the game wrong

Something interesting. A few things you're going to want to keep in mind.
>Its not as good a game as Origins, go in accepting that
>Pay close attention, there are a ton of subtle details
>The entire game is told by an unreliable narrator reciting a story, pay attention to thematic elements that may conflict
>one of the better relationship systems in any game; high loyalty OR rivalry will make your companions fight better/open up to you more
>Male Snarky-Hawke is the best thing ever
>you cannot lewd your sister

>they refused to speak to me anymore

Worse husbandos, ok waifus, better dwarf and daddy/mommy hawke,

Also
>Varric exaggerates your sister's tits in the intro

Don’t play Inquisition. It’s is complete garbage in all levels. A huge waste of time. Do yourself a favor and don’t play any other than origins.

>their
>they
>them
Did he got so upset that he turned into a tranny?

>he doesn't want more flemeth in inquisition
how wrong can you be my dear user?

>playing inquisition
That's where you made a mistake

Inquisition > Origins > Awakening > Dragon Age 2

I can agree with this. A guy with Logain's connections and fame could've had him assassinated, but you can argue it's better for Logain's plan to have the king be killed in battle against demons

>inquisition above DAO and Awakening

he actually did nothing wrong

>Male Snarky-Hawke is the best thing ever
my nigga

he thought the blights were a thing of the past so he didn't need them around

>>Male Snarky-Hawke is the best thing ever
my brethren. I don't know why, but playing a snarky twit who refuses to take anyone seriously was pretty entertaining.

>you cannot lewd your sister
One of the saddest things about the game.

This asshole gave arl howe like 5 titles after he massacred a ton of people. The best 2nd in command he could find was a psycho.

>allowing a past-his-prime war hero gone power mad by fear of the Orlesians to live after he killed his king, hired a fucking bloodmage to poison a political rival, let his weasely little lackey man destroy another noble house, and sell elves who could otherwise be used as workers for the army into slavery to another country
This is such a shit opinion. Logain's daughter was the reigning monarch and he was a beloved war hero, if he'd have just made a feint at the pincer attack at Ostagar and paid someone to put an arrow in Cailain just in case, he'd still have an incredibly strong position politically

I wonder how they'll handle the warden seeking a cure for the calling plot if the warden killed themself
If morrigans kid is anything to go by either it just won't come up or Warden Billie Joe Bob will just do it instead

dubs

But being wrong was part of my Warden's personal arc. He was an angry, edgy, City elf rogue who ended up realizing how scared, powerless, and different things were outside of the alienage and spent the whole game blindly stumbling through decisions and questioning them and possibly regretting them later.

He realizes that he let his emotions get the better of him with loghain, that while he wanted to have a child with Morrigan anyway and feel horrible for burdening that child with the memories of an old god, and that he ultimately feels her forsook the oaths he made as a Grey Warden.

By the end, he was tired, sad, and felt he was a shitty grey warden and couldn't make it up so he felt trying to raise his son would at least redeem being a shitty father.

I'm playing through DAI for the first time, when is the side quest where I get to tie Sera down and force her to wash her fucking face

nexusmods.com/dragonageinquisition/mods/1183

or look for a deshining mod

nexusmods.com/dragonageinquisition/mods/668/
Has a link to the Sera mod, makes a lot of the NPCs much less irritating to look at.

BEADY

How was it the right move? Leaving meant that they were sacrificing a huge part of the forces, were basically giving the darkspawn free reign of the south, and were killing the only people in the entire country who had any knowledge of how darkspawn work.

Who do I romance, Cassandra or Josephine? Cassandra has the whole tsundere romantic thing going, but Jospehine's antivan accent makes me diamonds too, I can't choose.

>hired a horribly incompetent and fledgling fucking bloodmage to poison a political rival

that's a very important detail. guy didn't even pay for a decent one.

I tried to replay Inquisition a few months back with mods for the first time (didn't make it, uninstalled about 60 hours in), but the fact that 90% of mods are just awkwardly bad cosmetic and clothing mods speaks volumes about who actually plays/mods that game.
Hint: the same people who play the Sims 4

>start up inquisition
>female elf
>wake up in a bed with my hand "resting" hovering above my chest
>knew I was in for a ride

What are you playing as?

Cassandra's romance comes up more often than Josephine's in the main game and DLCs.
Josephine's romance just gets some comments from Leliana, a small quest, and a comment in DLC.
Plus you can take Cassandra on adventures.

it's not like he had more to choose from but he could have setup someone to trick one of his knights to feed the Arl some poison

modding inquisition is difficult. They didn't allow as many hooks to work into the game engine as the devs wanted to take more advantage of selling stuff to players rather than people freely making content. People ran into the same problem in DA2

>you can take Cassandra
too bad templars are fucking useless against everything other than fodder

>Mere female in a noble house, gonna be sold off someday for minor status
>fucking brother is gonna get all the glory and babes
>suddenly entire family dead
>THETIMEHASCOMEANDSOHAVEI.jpg
>become a Warden
>de-facto leader of all fereldan wardens in under a few weeks thanks to shenanigans
>build a loyal harem of followers
>foursome with a spygirl, assassin and pirate booty
>kill a bunch of fucking elves to get an army of werewolves
>put an awesome dictator on a throne knowing he'll owe me mad favors for getting rid of his rival
>magic is cool but too wild, support DEUS VULT
>get to have tantric sex with a literal demon for free (some kid loses his soul or some shit who cares)
>revelation; one of my loyal followers is royalty
>literally heir to the entire fucking throne of this great land
>THOT MODE ENGAGE
>was going to shag the spy who loved me, immediately change targets
>he falls in love with me, I harden him up anyways just so he's not insufferable
>meet the queen-regent, conniving cunt
>out-fucking-play her to get her arrested and her father executed
>my future-hubby goes on the throne
>make him fuck morrigan for the lulz and so he (and more importantly, I) stay alive through the archdemon fight

>End game status; I am now Queen Consort of all Fereldan, to whom the King of Orzammar is personally indebted, who has earned the respect and loyalty of all Templar orders, who is also elected leader of the Grey Wardens, AND I burn the fucker who killed my parent's house to the ground. AND I still get to sleep with Leliana on the side, keeping her as a private fuckbuddy while bangin' the King
WHEN YOU PLAY THE GAME OF THRONES, YOU WIN OR YOU DIE.

She's swordnboard though, so if you just dump all points into that and the tank-tree, she operates basically the same as Blackwall. Her templar abilities are trash but you rarely use Blackwall's special tree either.

You know no one would have asked about someone using they and them to describe a person they don't know and know almost nothing about before this retarded antisjw shit started.

I understand that, but why does every major modder for both games use tumblr as their primary platform?

>Evil looking guy is the evil guy
Woah didn't saw hat one coming

Dragon Age is fucking shit

Male human rogue, not sure if I'm going to stick with bows or go daggers instead though. I wanted to go with full on andrastian for once. I also modeled his face to kinda look like Jedi Jesus from kotor, it seemed fitting.

No it didn't you retard, STAYING, would have sacrificed a huge chunk of their forces. They would have been sacrificing large portions of the denerim army I order to save a handful of grey wardens (by all accounts a pathetically small amount of them) and the king's personal guard.

ebin
What'd you do with the Dalish?

lack of interest from the modding community
game has to be interesting enough for regular modders to get into it.

Being a full on andrastian templar is kinda funny. Solas gets all pissy.

This almost makes me want to play DA and actually finish it as a total fucking asshole.

the knight would have been more competent too and finished the job.

I suppose that may depend on who you want to make pope
Cassandra would have been my first choice but I wanted her to reform the seekers

>3 games
>no spears or halberds
why

Evil playthroughs are fun. You can abandon redcliffe and everyone except Teagan turns zombie.

I remember I got the werewolves as allies, but I forget if that means I killed all the Dalish or went for the 'everyone makes up' ending that still gets me werewolves. Fuck elves. Literally fuck elves, I made sure to rock the world of some boy or girl who was trying to seduce another Dalish just for bragging rights and the hilarity of shoving it in the other one's face.

Bhelen seems like the Evil choice, but epilogues and future games actually reveal Harrowmont is an antiquated retard who ruins the entire city. Bhelen is a cunt but every single game and even in the epilogue, unwaveringly supports the Inquisition, the Wardens, and constantly helps make the world a better place from his seat of power. One of the better subversions of archetypes in games I've seen.

Whatever you say m8

Fem Hawke > Male Hawke

>wanting a farming weapon
eurpoors everyone

IIRC the only negative consequences of Bhelen's rule that are actually shown to the player are some snippets about him killing remaining rivals in the ending slides, and in DA2 where Harrowmont house members are fleeing from assassins. Given how Dwarven politics are presented throughout the series though, the only thing that really seems outside the norm is Bhelen's lack of subtlety as opposed to any brutality.

Nice.
Can you reccomend any WRPG's?

>Inquisition

granted, Jowan was in an incredibly vulnerable position so he probably did it for nothing too, and incompetent though he might've proved at everything else, the bottom line is he succeeded in what Logain sent him in there to do.

Doesn't really count when that's more a byproduct of your choice that happens with all of them. Support one side, the other is fucking eradicated.

You dared to rise up against me, Champion. Now you will feel the sting of the Maker's wrath!

He actually failed because of the demon. He was just a useful idiot though Loghain had no intention to hold up his end of the bargain, associating with a blood mage is too politically dangerous.

both girls in the pic are hot
they are girls right

>no option for the dwarven noble to clear his name and implicate bhelen thus becoming king
>no option to then marry what's her face and rule over both the surface and below

I've always been a bit surprised about this not being included, considering what you can achieve as a Human Noble.
Becoming a Paragon is probably better when it comes to benefits though, Paragons don't get assassinated or sit on a stone throne 12 hours a day.

>3 games
>they also took away crossbows from players after the first

I wanted artificers in DA:I to be able to build their own bianca.

>spears and halberds
>farming weapons

Did you mean "farmers' weapons" or are you thinking he meant scythes?

IT'S
NOT
FAIR

Dwarves who even touch the surface are basically considered subhuman to the orzammar ones. You've been out there too long for them to accept you as the king.

>sent to poison the Arl
>successfully poisons the Arl
Jowan did the only thing that mattered, you think Logain gave a fuck what else happened there?

As far as Loghain was concerned, Wardens are Orlesians and are therefore the enemy. Plus, the Wardens don’t make public why they are necessary to fight the Blights.

>I feel the dude was right that the battle was lost
Loghain didn't think the battle was lost. The game is explicit about the fact that he was going to abandon Cailan there long before the battle ever started. Before they were ever anywhere near Ostagar, he'd already begun his betrayal. He'd had the only other Teyrn assassinated, he'd poisoned Arl Eamon, he'd already begun a rebellion with the Circle of Magi (the evil boss is the mage standing next to him at Ostagar that tries to stop the Grey Wardens from lighting the beacon) and had already imprisoned or killed a number of key banns and arls to begin his rebellion.

Him abandoning Cailan had absolutely nothing to do with the battle being winnable or not. The King was never going to leave Ostagar alive.

see what good your artisan-crafted sword does you against a line of stout men with 18 foot polearms, m'lord

Flemeth comes back no matter what. You can't kill her in Origins.

She only comes back because of Hawke. You technically do kill her for a year worth of time while a small part of her is inside an amulet.

All He Did Nothing Wrong claims vanish when you remember he blamed the wardens and called them traitors. Then he actually went full retard and started screaming FERELDAN IS MINE ALONE during the Landsmeet, so he really was just a greedy traitor. Shame, as otherwise he might have had some actual depth, but people always confuse Bioware for Black Isle and Obsidian, who are actually good at storytelling.