It's time to the discuss the best coded game of the year

It's time to the discuss the best coded game of the year.

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/k1-8cHnLX_QYqHd3gvfg8Q/
youtube.com/watch?v=0etenwnI1wo
github.com/NoelFB/Celeste
youtube.com/watch?v=b_oEDGONSc4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's such a work of art. Literally makes me happy seeing it so sucessful, and that indie games are really making their mark on the industry. I love how the creator is a total hottie too.

>Game is about MY BODY MY CHOICE

Was that ever actually explicitly stated or was it just people shitposting? Game's fun, either way, although I stopped playing when the game told me to collect 18 billion crystal hearts to unlock more b-tracks.

Fuck you, I'm not rubbing my face over every wall to find your bullshit.

it wasn't even implied, just a very successful shitpost

playing it right now. had to redownload it because for whatever reason (maybe cause i paused the download) the sound and gameplay went all laggy in the celestial resort. when i got to the parts with the floors with that turn to red ghost feels when you walk on them, all the sound went GRRRGGGGZZZKZKZZZZKKZZ and madeline was glitching out. fine now, but pain in the ass. had a 370 death count by the end of the level

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/k1-8cHnLX_QYqHd3gvfg8Q/

this game is beautiful

Nah, get some YouTubers to carry your game for you.
Either that or accept the nicheness and become a chill fanbase like the Gunvolt one.

and that ost. fuuuck. i'm such a sucker for piano
youtube.com/watch?v=0etenwnI1wo

I love how the cover art is the only image linked to these posts since it shows that this game has so little fanart compared to other indie games.

>HURRR DURRRR MUH MEME BUZZ WORDS!! AM I FITTING IN YET GUYZ!!!

Retard, would you just fuck off back to your containment board

this isn't me, you epic edgelord you.
wowwww, caps and everything, eh? you sure got me

you first. don't forget to cut those words into your chest before you do it with all that edge you have

>best coded
I like the game a lot and all user but what are you on about?

I think he's just got a bot going now to shitpost people in Celeste threads, don't give bots (you)s

that looks really ugly

see

best shot i could get with that background

>I like the game a lot and all user but what are you on about?
github.com/NoelFB/Celeste
Matt released the player movement system.

I'd like to see what would happen if a mod swooped in, but this kind of rage definitely had proxies behind it. Is it a pain to reroute bots to use your proxies?

Anyway, tell me, will you attempt the golden strawberries, Sup Forums? Also how bullshit are C-sides?

Oh wow, that's pretty neat

"Multiple script files for code? What's that?"

Kino?

>Platformer
>tumblr artstyle for official art
>Plot about mental health or social issues
>Pixel-shit graphics
>muh deep psychological references featured extensivles as motifs
>evil version of protagonist
>paranormal characters/enemies
>takes place in PNW/Cascadia
>protagonist has mental issues
More like "It's time to discuss the most generic game of the year."

SAMEFAG TRANNY KIKE GO DIE

No, Golden strawberries terrify me. C-sides really aren't all that bad. I had way less deaths doing them than for some of the b-sides.

The year's a bit early for that title isn't it?
I can see why you see what you do though, I don't think I'd have played it if a friend hadn't asked me to give it a go.
Some of the dialogue felt hamfisted, I'd say the worst was after the mirror temple, but I really like the way they handled the evil side. Sure it wasn't the most mindblowing thing in the world but it was a pleasant surprise that sort of set it apart from what I usually see.
Overall I liked the platforming the best, it felt very smooth to go through stages and here was enough wiggle room through the base levels were I felt like I was doing things my way and it just worked out

They're only about three screens right?
Do they use all the bits and bobs from the stages still? Or do some go unused?

Yeah, they're much shorter than the other ones. I believe they incorporated elements from each level, but I haven't played it for about a month, so my memory's a little bad.

Seems fair enough then.
This game reminds me a little of Wings of Vi. Just a little bit, maybe after clearing the C-sides here I'll finally sit down and beat that

Is there some kinda console glitch that they haven't fixed? I bought this on PS4 and some stages make the game (along with its audio) lag like all hell to the point where it's unplayable. I like the game, but I just gave up playing it because that glitch keeps happening.

>It's time to the discuss the most shilled game of the year.

it's literally IWBTG meets Depression Quest

Do I play this game with a controller or keyboard for the best experience?

Yeah, that happened to me a few times. Quitting out and jumping back in usually did the trick for me.

I feel like there is, there are random crashes on Switch too.
The pc version seems to be the way to go for this one because I'm still waiting for them to finally fix it. Luckily it's only happened on the map, after it's saved

depends on how you played Meatboy or Boshy, really. It's up to you.

literally happened to me today. i just redownloaded it and everything's smooth now

Can someone explain me whats the issue is with his code being garbage?

I havent noticed any bugs nor I have seen any reports, game seems pretty consistent.

who's the creator

Who said his code was garbage?

> frame drops right off the bat on first level
> best coded
What a world I live in

Everyone, he publiced Madeline character code and people said calling it amateruish and awful would be a praise.

It seems like the epitome of, "it's a pile of shit but it works"

>several minute long dialogs between characters in a 2D puzzle platformer
>dialog is about instagram, the power of friendship, and overcoming your personal demons
what
why
who thought this was necessary

im not too far but i wanna fuck evil Madeline

>EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME IS LE bot BOOGEYMANG BECAUSE I SAID SO XDDDD
DIE IN A BUS FIRE, YOU KIKE

UNDERTALE IS KIKE PROPAGANDA

卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐 CHARA DID NOTHING WRONG 卍卐

UNDERTALE IS KIKE PROPAGANDA

You should never listen to politics tards. They are always lying.

>>several minute long dialogs between characters in a 2D puzzle platformer
Just skip them...

He's been in KC:D threads spamming similar shit at anyone who dares say the game isn't the GOAT

Putting so much text in 1 mf file is sloppy.
There should be multiple .cs files for moves since there's only 1 character.

don't taint taint the game with your waifufaging

This. All games need to be depressing, talk about the futility of life and the shittiness of the world. Everyone needs to be a nihilist like me

games need no dialog or story

I got bored of that scene and skipped through it.
The rest of the scenes are short enough or optional, why did that one have to be so long?
I guess it was to set the stage a bit better for the next chapter but it was weird. At least it wasn't super "life is pain" emo

Not to turn the entire thread to politics now that it's going along, but if some people hate Celeste because of the creators' politics and like :C:D for it's creators' politics, what does it mean if I like both games?

b ut t's cool when they have it

It means you aren't a fucking hypocrite like every other faggot here

Prove it. Post the code.

is celeste worth pirating?

>the code is really long and way more detailed than it needs to be so it's good

scroll on up user to about Matt made the character code public and it's kind of a mess

Your game is pixel art shit.

Stop spamming the boards.

That's how much code you need to make a complex and polished platformer movement system user.

I just finished the fourth chapter and wow, that whole level was just awful. Surprisingly because the first 3 were so good. Is it all downhill after chapter 3 or does it pick up again?

sure, If you like platformers

I think gets better but some people don't like chapter 5, it has fun red bubbles.
Annoying wind is gone.

As opposed to, non-coded game?

tfw no one on Sup Forums even knows this games roots.

>playing game for the first time
>this track starts

youtube.com/watch?v=b_oEDGONSc4

I wanna keep playing it but it just doesn't feel rewarding enough to keep me playing. Does anyone else feel this way? I did the B-side for the first chapter and was expecting to at least unlock a palette swap for her outfit or hair colors or just fucking something but these kinds of games that have tons of optional content that exists just for self-fulfillment never keep me interested.

I feel ya, the game gives zero incentives to collect strawberries or b-sides.

>Was that ever actually explicitly stated or was it just people shitposting?
Shitposting. Just like people used the photo of Madeline and Theo to say the game was promoting interracial couples and retards actually believed them.

Should you need a specific incentive like an achievement or unlockable in a game like this? The whole reward is finally completing it after improving.

Should probably self-reflect a little on why you need such a blatant feedback loop.

I mean I beat Metal Gear Rising on the hardest difficulty with no damage taken just because it felt good to overcome a self-set challenge, not because of any reward. All you get is an "S Rank" when you do well but something about it at least drove me. Here it's just kinda "oh. I did it."

C-Sides would be brutal if you didn't have to do the B-Sides first. Fuck the golden strawberries tho lol

This game is so fucking fun and the music is so good. I will probably never get all the golden strawberries tho, fuck that