Now that the dust settled what went wrong?

Now that the dust settled what went wrong?

Attached: Wolfenstein2-920x518.png (920x518, 375K)

Politics.

Sweden

It was too goofy
I want the next game to have a villain that’s BJ’s mirror, a straight up badass who rips through his crew while being regarded as a hero by nazis. Would be nice to see how he’d fight an equal

They didn't put any effort into the gameplay. Sup Forums or not all Wolfeinstein. games has politics only retards are now angry about it.

So literally just Elite Hans?

I think kind of the point of Wolfenstein is that BJ IS sort of the picture of the Aryan Ubermensch that Nazi Germany idolizes, blonde, blue eyed, brawny, pale, etc. He just happens to also be a jew and fighting against them. For all the black panthers and minorities and other misfits fighting the nazis, their biggest nightmare is an aryan-as-fuck military man who clearly isn't as enthralled with the social justice-y parts of the revolution as much as he is nodding his head and going along with it to kill nazis. He could've been /theirguy./

Goofy bland villain, pointless kill dad section, bland areas, the only memorable area was the court room, no real bosses, and last minute changes to the story due to election. Honestly the first game was better.

The developers attempts at virtue signalling and the lack of gameplay

This

Attached: 1517882010899.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

i think the first game had more direction. This game feels like kind of a stepping stone in comparison. The thing is that Deathshead is BJ's nemesis and they killed him in the last game, so now who's left: Hitler? They've established he's a pathetic, weak old man. I'm just not sure where to go from here.

>, and last minute changes to the story due to election.
tell me more

i think he's pulling it out of his ass

>try to have a liberal agenda
>use stereotypes out the ass

A black dude fucking a fat white girl is the least shocking thing in Wolfenstein

>political shit forced down our throats, far more than the previous games
>can't decide if its being serious or if its being a parody
>upgrades for the suit were lame
>dad scene could've been one about the morals of who is the greater evil where bj's dad talks about how bj abandoned them and that despite the things he said he still loved his wife or something like that
>commie guy didnt get killed
>hitler is now some old fart in a retirement home on venus

So the middle game in triologies in general?

It's not on Switch yet.

That didn’t happen, Timothy.

niggers

>Let's have a cool black woman resistance fighter
>So should we make her a brave, erudite type who stands up for injustice?
>Nah let's make her a blaxploitation stereotype

>yfw hitler is the final boss with demonic powers from the devil and it turns out that the series is a prequel to DOOM 2016

Pandering to lefty twerps while crassly alienating half their consumerbase

the only part where the political shit got a little funky was when BJ calls the nazis white fascist pigs after grace says it but at least it comes off kind of half-hearted and "okay, i guess"

i thought the stilts were funny and when you had an opportunity to use ramshackles they were pretty entertaining

the dad had enough moral ambiguity in the scene where he helps BJ get over his fear of monsters, and honestly, it was expertly done there. The entire game is building him up as this inhuman monster with zero redeeming qualitiies, and JUST before you confront him, you get BJ's one good memory of him and it's a really conflicting moment. At his core Rip just didn't want to believe anything about his life was his fault and his family suffered for it. BJ's mom suffered for him leaving, but it was because Rip was a cowardly, conniving bastard who somehow had the gall to think of himself as a real man. He just didn't have the capacity to consider that what he was doing might be wrong.

commie guy wasn't even a real character, honestly. BJ BTFOs him in the one scene where he's really present.

Hitler COULD be entertaining if they play his madness up and give him focus in the next one. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Hitler in a mech again.

niggers

Attached: images (2).jpg (225x225, 11K)

swedes can't be trusted

This is so true.
>walking around the submarine
>italian member: mama mia
>latino member: hey ese
>french member: merci bocu BJ
>german member looks like a fat singing lady

Yeah, but imagine a black nazi now just ripping through everything in his path.
Also if you think about it, although the nazis are evil they did colonize space so in my book that’s a fair trade, so the questions that were asked in the game are
> what happened to the nazis?
> can I beat the nazis?
Now the obvious step is
> should I be the nazis?
And instead of having a choice at the beginning it’s all the way at the end

Beat*

The game has unlikable characters, BJ sounds like a total fucking whiner in it, muh crippled friend, muh pain, gimme your wings. His dad is a laughable evil white christian man stereotype, those issues are amplified by the huge amount of cutscenes the game has, the gameplay hasn't really progressed much if any, and often it feels like a regression with less enemy types, and the kill the captain segments get old. The game has no bosses and the villain gets killed in a cutscene after the last level being just a walking simulator section. The game ends on a whimper, I have no more interest in games made by those developers.

No, dude. This is like every dystopian sci-fi story out there. This is every Bioshock game. Scientific advances aren't worth horrible mistreatment of underclasses. Columbia was a fucking Utopia- for straight white people, everyone else was treated unimaginably terribly, and then it comes full circle when said underclass rises up and becomes arguably worse than their oppressors, albeit you can understand how they ended up that way.

I'm not sure I would mind if Wolfenstein took that route of some of the rebels taking things way too far and BJ having to kill them too, but "but what if the nazis were right???" is something that's never going to fucking happen and is asinine to even consider. Like, there's "but considering the progress the world has made, was the treatment of the replicants worth it?" and then there's "considering the progress the world has made, was the treatment of literally everyone who isn't a straight white male who's nazi-friendly worth it?"

Not to mention the nazi ideology isn't even fucking responsible for shit being hyper advanced, that's all Deathshead. He's literally the sole reason the Nazis are so advanced in TNO, Nazi RnD is described as being decapitated after you kill him.

Same exact shit as the last game. Right down to a going to get the thing in space and coming back to earth to try and beat an enemy that’s already won.

Also. Stop forcing stealth into a shooter if that’s clearly not what the game is about.

Yeah I guess
But the idea of BJ meeting his antithesis or the rebels acting to violent is pretty interesting. ( the rival doesn’t have to be black just opposite of BJ, hell he could even be of Jewish decent)
But with deathshed gone how are we going to get robot hitler?

Attached: 4BD3F245-F7B7-4C27-BB3E-3D60C9E565E9.jpg (195x259, 23K)

BJ being utterly shellshocked but fighting through the pain is exactly the same as TNO was. He's been through so much and taken so much damage and head-trauma that he's a little crazy.

I don't think Rip is literally ever explicitly referred to as Christian, his whole thing is that he's a "man's man" when in actuality he's a complete coward who can't accept that any of his failings in life are actually his fault. He's convinced he can do no wrong, that's all he is. He never tries to beat god into BJ. Hell, the only overtly Christian character I can think of is Horton, the commie.

I'll readily admit that
>gameplay hasn't progressed that much, the weapon wheel has actually gotten worse in the PC version because it's obviously intended for consoles here
>less enemy types, why are there so few robots, why are panzerhunds so slow and unaggressive, why are shotgunners regular soldiers, etc
>the "kill the oberkommander" sidequests were awful and only murdered the game's pacing, something TNO nailed
>next to no bosses (it throws the BFG robot pair at you at the very end, but they don't really feel boss-worthy because most of the damn danger is the random mooks shooting you in the back as you're trying to deal with them)
>level design isn't quite as tight or memorable, feels like there's a lot more "shit throw a lot of mooks at him" moments

I really hated Speshi at first but I gradually grew okay with him, Horton was barely a character, Grace was weird because the few times she gets called out for acting like an asshole she literally acts like she was MERELY PRETENDING and it was all a secret test and I'm not sure if the writers want me to take it seriously.

It sounds more likely to me that they'd do something like
>BJ is confronted by Elite Hans, Terror-Billy's Bane!
>BJ kills him next to effortlessly after he's been groomed relentlessly specifically to kill BJ and he's gotten loads of buildup throughout the level

Hitler in a robot is actually given a nod in a note, Hitler's congratulating Engel for killing Hitler and halfway through deludes himself into thinking that he killed hitler singlehandedly "with his bare hands" in "one of the robots strasse made for me"

Maybe we'll get it, but it seemed like it was just a gag.

also why would the nazis ever allow a jew in their ranks

yeah, they need to fucking stop the stealth gameplay and focus on making the mayhem as good as possible

>*congratulating Engel for killing BJ

Nah that would be horrible
If the game tracked what type of kills you got it could make your rival have the opposite play style. ( if you’re guns blazing he sneaks up on you in wide spaces with cover or a fight in labyrinth like maps, if you’re stealth he fights you in confined spaces or places with no cover). It would force you to adapt and him doing it randomly on different maps would make it so you’re always anxious about him

His father literally says nazis are right because you "gotta keep the US white, gotta keep it christian"
He whines a whole lot more than in TNO, there are also other issues with its world setting, they make nazis so retarded that it undermines their threat. How am I supposed to feel threatened by the enemies when they dash into traps like retards, when Hitler looks like a crazy hobo, and BJ can survive being decapitated? Talk about pulling the rug from under your own game, there's zero tension when your enemies' squad can be easily decimated by a preggers lady and while they look like morons all the time.

I just can't imagine how they would do a nazi rival character in the narrative. BJ has a metric shitload of experience, he's fucking LITERALLY the first FPS hero. Throwing in some random nazi who's equal to him for the sake of the mirror boss thing would feel weird.

So whatever happened to these guys?

Attached: 4th_Reich_Wolf2009_GN.jpg (630x274, 38K)

You play Wolf 2009? There's a rival battle with Hans Grosse at the very end.

They would have to give him a back story with parental problems, like with BJ. It could show what he could have been vs what he currently is. Also maybe he could do something with BJ’s kid.

>How am I supposed to feel threatened by enemies when they jump into traps like retards
well on death incarnate they kill you stupid fast, the problem with them is their AI only has one setting "run at where you are and shoot." they're not intelligent enough to be well and truly spooky, you can literally hide in a corner and they'll run up to you single file to kill.

I think you're right that Rip said that but it still doesn't make him a "white christian father" stereotype because his religion is sort of secondary to what he is, a man who thinks that his shitty life situation is literally everyone's but his own fault. There's never a scene where he's like "you have to accept the lord jesus christ," he just screams that BJ has to be a man while preaching that everyone who isn't like him is secretly working against him because he can't handle the fact that his problems are his own fault.

MAYBE you could do a "BJ could've ended up like this" character sort of, a dude that responded to abuse and bullying by becoming a bully- but it'd still feel weird and kind of trivialize BJ's character arc in 2 by giving him a "I'm you, but evil" mirror, I think.

I just don't think it works, sorry. Modern Wolfenstein's gameplay also doesn't really lend itself to a mirror boss either, it's more about killing as many fragile enemies as possible (or a few big, lumbering, tanky enemies) in a short timespan while being fragile yourself.

Not him, I played Wolf 2009 recently and was surprised by it, I enjoyed the quasi open world but with different enemy encounters at different steps of the game.

Attached: Wolfenstein2009.png (1600x900, 1.84M)

And you say that the dust has settled when you are obviously trying to kick it back up.

Also the first game had a nazi suck out a guy's brain, put it in a jar, and then use it to power a robot 10 years later, so there's that. Anya was a serial killer hunting nazis for years before she and BJ officially joined the kreisau in the first game. In the first missions BJ literally beats nazis to death with his wheelchair while crippled. I thought Anya fighting while pregnant was funny and weird, but I think it was kind of supposed to be.

the look and base gameplay are just too damn call of duty for me.

My man. Wolfenstein 2009 is a pretty underrated game, frankly.

Who actually cares about cringe stories in any video game? If it's remotely interesting that's a plus but Wolfenstein is not where to go to watch cut scenes.

so basically he's mgr raiden? the guy who lives as an example of their ideology while simultaneously trying to destroy it?

But portraying the nazis as stupid as they are in TNC makes the whole thing look retarded. Am I supposed to believe those halfwits took over the world when they're this dumb? It's not just having tons of cutscenes but they help to undermine the game even further with retardation.

Also I don't know how you can ignore how he's clearly portrayed as the evil white christian man, he may not have been preachy but they willingly made that pretty clear that he is through dialogue. Also any scene where his father is in just so incredibly lame how far they want to portray him as some mustache twirling sadistic villain. There's just some incredibly ridiculous thing to it, it oozes left wing mindset stereotypes really. It's like I'm playing something made by a college teacher.

The marketing

Worse gameplay, only 3 fucking hours of actual vidya game, and cringeworthy political garbage shoehorned by Sweden, fag capital of the west.

With the dad at the very start of the game. Right off the bat they let you know that you're in for a SJW power fantasy.

It's weird because in the first one the jimmi hendrix character was pretty cool. I look at that one and it just looks too tryhard.

I think I hated the fat bisexual traitor more.
It felt like the game expected me to find her endearing.

>cant get RTCW to work above 800x600 or with any other graphics in GOG version
>pirating wolf 09
>played a bit of TNO before it got too fucking boring and just dropped it as i spent more time doing useless shit than actually shooting bad goys and being a terrorist

Nothing really. I mean honestly the only thing that actually triggered me in this game was how they had a fucking massive submarine emerge from lake pontchartrain into New Orleans and then re-submerge.

Anyone that lives here in New Orleans knows that Lake Pontchartrain is like 60 ft deep MAXIMUM, and on average it's much more shallow throughout, it's not a deep lake, you wouldn't be able to move any submarine through it, including smaller sized ones, much less some comically massive Nazi submarine. Triggered the shit out of me too how New Orleans was depicted in the show, lakeside (where I live) was modeled after the french quarter when in reality it's just a fucking normal suburb with normal suburban houses and shit. All of the "iconic" architecture, the spanish / french stuff is all located by the Mississippi miles away from the lake.

Outside of that, I pretty much enjoyed the game on a whole. I don't understand all the stupid pointless hatred it got, it offended so many people and I just didn't see what was offensive to them after I played through the game. Characters people complained about like the black woman or the commie priest were not that significant or annoying in the game. The commie priest especially, he shows up and basically becomes irrelevant as a character after his speech and he never preaches communism or anything later in the game. So seriously, I don't get all the asshurt about this game, most people that got upset seems like they never played it at all.

That said, the game could have been a bit longer.

You type like a fucking child. Stick to short sentences and greentexting kiddo.

I'm not ignoring it because that's not what the character is. You're completely ignoring how the character is played. He's not just "muh christianity, muh white men!" because you literally have a christian white man on your side in the same game, Rip's supposed to be emblematic of the kind of person that could look at a nazi takeover and go "yeah, I could be down for that." The kind of pathetic son of a bitch who blames his personal failures on "it's because the kikes and niggers are scheming against me!" Rip is not evil because of his race or faith, he's evil because he's a self-obsessed dick. I don't understand what's hard to get about this considering you play as a straight white man from texas.

Keep in mind that the nazis successfully captured and killed BJ and only lost because of jewish space magic technology, they have a lot of wins in the background. They crushed every armed hint of rebellion in america before you show up, if you read the oberkommander bios on the ship it'll regularly say something like "took part in the raid on the arkansas cell, killed 35 terrorists" or something along those lines. People like BJ and Anya are supposed to be an anomaly in this world.

not an argument

It'd be silly to argue with children.

Then they shouldn't have made those cringe cut scenes.

then why even engage?

I like calling people out on their inability to type beyond a third-grade level. It's like they don't realise how dumb they look to everyone else.
Nobody trusts the man who sounds like a teenager.

>but Wolfenstein is not where to go to watch cut scenes
Too bad Machinegames made it so you have to watch tons of them with terrible writing and characters.

are you hard right now

The power of Sup Forums flopped it

Too much running around on the ship

Otherwise it was good

Lol no

was it just me or were the shotguns and ARs the only guns really worth using, 90% of the time

>bocu

Idgaf about politics or niggers or any of that shit. The game was just fucking boring to me. Simple as that.

the first games writing and plot worked because they were extremely simple and direct, which the team totally threw away for the second, and predictably failed at. particularly, their failure to properly integrate the 'war map' infinite side-missions (which hold a wealth of unique content most players will miss, including entirely unique maps) with the main campaign, and the main campaign ending relatively weak/suddenly (no final boss fight!) with a 'the real story begins now!' DLC hook.

Nothing.

It was a decent game with a silly storyline but Sup Forums got their jimmies rustled.

Like pretty much any major title, they should have waited 6 months to QA some more.

>It was a decent game
no it wasn't

Too short.

No multiplayer.

>make a mediocre game
>alienate most of your fanbase

Not good gameplay. Boring enemies. Unlikable main characters. And the main protagonist is incredibly boring and disappointing.

I'm just glad these threads have calmed down and some saner voices have broken through the cacophony of shitposting

>Anya was a serial killer hunting nazis for years before she and BJ officially joined the kreisau in the first game.
Eh?

i do when they transform a supposedly fearsome, intelligent and downright evil antagonist into a laughingstock. its supposed to be evil ubersoldiers led by a cold calculating fuhrer. it went down more the (failed) comical end. also all the good guys where bad characters in general. completly unfit for what they set out to do and lacked any sort of personality. not to mention gameplay was stagnant and felt like a slog at times. it felt completly different from the first game in any way.

There is a special edition with the doll for 60 bucks, is it worth it?