Tfw too poor for a good cpu

>tfw too poor for a good cpu
Also pc thread

Attached: IMG_20180314_161105.jpg (3120x4160, 1.24M)

Other urls found in this thread:

logicalincrements.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You got a quad core you're doing fine.

this is true suffering

Attached: g3220.jpg (601x700, 102K)

>tfw didn't get my gpu before the crypto craze
>tfw my friend impulse bought a 1080ti right before it happened
>tfw stuck with a 1060 6gb unless I want to play 1.5k for a pre built
I just want to game in 4k or at frames higher than 60.

>just wait bro :)

Well, yes? If "wait" has ever been true, it's now. Why would you buy a GPU from a 20 month old line at 250% of its price?

tfw got my 1080ti before the cryptomining shite

tfw can make profit rn

Attached: darth-vader-2.jpg (1920x1200, 225K)

does this mean you'll have to snatch one of the new cards immediately on release, or will the prices also be fucked up?

WHEN WILL THE BITCOIN MEME DIE AHHHHHHHHHHHH

there's always an excuse to "just wait" no matter how lame
sometimes, however, you're more screwed for doing so
that poster got rekt, for instance

>bought an i3 instead of a ryzen apu
my goy i...

>new cards release
>prices go automatically up to 200000 gorillion dollar

Attached: 1500765802022.png (447x330, 119K)

If the future is even more screwed than today, then high end PC gaming is genuinely dead. If it's not, you'll do well waiting for it rather than overpaying now.

>amd

>he doesn't run an FX9590
baka ass nigga

Attached: 1520278589427.jpg (338x305, 35K)

i3s are unironically not worth buying

Should I buy a new PC or incrementally upgrade?

I have:

AMD Phenom II x4 ~3.2Ghz
AMD 5850 1024gb vram
12gb DDR2 ram

>there's always an excuse to "just wait"
Not really. People usually only say that if prices are fucked, or a new release is around the corner. If you aren't a retard and are even slightly tapped in to PC hardware news, you can easily decide when good times to buy components are.

Get fucked pcfaggots
3ds masterrace

Just buy a new PC, that shit is a lost cause.

There probably isn't a single part in your PC that would be compatible with a modern build besides your hard drive and case. I'd sell it and build a new one when prices come down or get a prebuilt

It will NEVER die. Do you understand? The crypto future is now, and the future for gamers is consoles and prebuilts, unless you're willing to pay the prices the crypto monkeys are paying. PC gaming will never be close to affordable again, and PC gamers will be laughed at for spending $5000 for 4k 144 fps when a $300 playswitchboxtion one x advance will play games at 4k 120 fps.

Throw it in the trash.

Pray tell what CPU should he have gotten instead?

Meltdown and Spectre included?

>And I base that on speculation and /biz/ memes

The i3 isn't bad tho

I base it on the fact that people have been saying "the crypto meme will die any second now" since last May.

all that is complete fucking trash bro, wasn't even that good in 2008

So speculation and /biz/ memes?

Thanks I had suspicion that was the case. When I bought it was maybe 75% of what was considered top of the line (excluding x2 graphic cards) and that was around £500. Now it seems the same amount of money will net me 50%.

How much do I need to spend for 1080p 60fps?
logicalincrements.com/

waitfags cucked again

> crypto future
But it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Neither technical, nor economical, it is 100% scam perpetrated but morons who have no idea what they are doing. It's like MLM, only viable as long as you have new wave of morons to buy out the previous wave.

Well that's still on par with a previous generation non-k i5.

Guys how the fuck do I make sure I get a Founders Edition or whatever of the next Turing card.

>replying before you even finish reading one full sentence

>he fell for the intel meme

Attached: 1520787019747.jpg (310x310, 18K)

>4k meme
you dont even have a 4k monitor you cuck

Intel is way better than poormd

>AMD
oh no no no pffffffffAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

Intel is still competing with Haswell IPC

Attached: 4634623737.png (478x504, 19K)

no him but that would have been pretty solid in 2008

My friend rubs that shit in my face every time we talk about building pcs. I can afford everything but the damn gpu. Fuck everything.

Attached: 1517732811955.jpg (583x616, 27K)

Both 4K and 60+ FPS are premium level gaming. If you can't afford a 1070/Ti even at the jacked up prices, 4k/120/144fps is out of your price bracket. Just be satisfied with 60 fps/1080p which is doable.

I watched john oliver last sunday too user! He's so funny (:

isn't VR ready

It really is. i3's are on the wrong side of the price-performance balance, pretty much the embodiment of false economy.

kek if you pay the thrice of the price yes

The i3 is on par with 7400 i5 retard

Thread is dead, AMD shills are here in full force.

So are GPUs the only component with inflated prices or are RAM and CPUS effected also?

Intel is so nervous about Ryzen 2 reveal that they doubled down on viral.

>>"tfw too poor for a good cpu"
>Buys an overpriced i3 and not a Raven Ridge APU
Man, maybe you're poor for a reason.

I don't like that I have to get a new motherboard, RAM and OS license if I upgrade my 4690k

>buys a modern quadcore and not AMD: Totally Faster Than Haswell Guys We Swear Ryzen

Its 100 bucks its cheap

>upgraded to a 780ti 5 years ago
>still runs new shit at 1080p60fps with mostly high settings

Attached: 1431654544024.jpg (456x453, 53K)

Unless your application is single threaded and needs to have very high clockrates, in almost all price brackets Ryzen chips are a way better value.

At least you have 4 cores

>single threaded and needs to have very high clockrates
In other words, most video games.

>OS license
What system are you running? If W10, did you upgrade from 7/8.1?

>tfw bought a 8700k and 1080Ti just before the price hike
>bought 2x8 GB DDR4 in 2016 for ~87€

Attached: speccy_newest.png (833x597, 41K)

>Coffy lake

So is the Raven Ridge chips, but they're also SMT so they're 8 threads unlike the i3 and the built in GPU is around 2-3 times faster.

Its not 2007 user. Most engines have FAR more benefit for more cores anymore. Case in point, anything using the Unreal4 engine. The clock rate thing is more splitting hairs since we're talking like 0.3 ghz difference.

W10, I upgraded from 8.1 OEM

but RAM and mobo alone are enough to keep me from upgrading

Bruh maybe he wants a good single thread CPU

what are you talking about?

i3s are great for low budget builds, hell slap 1050ti and you have an amazing 1080p machine

Attached: 1335913494001.jpg (989x742, 483K)

Only really matters if you're going for 144Hz. For casual gaming, Ryzen is a much better value. You can call people shills but I'm sure AMD employees have much better things to do with their day. You're really just talking to anons trying to save you some money, especially with how GPU prices. You should be trying to spend as little on processors as possible so you can put as much as you can toward a GTX.

I have a 970 4gb oc

I have both a 8700k and R5 1600.
The R5 was good value, but in terms of performance it's not very impressive, the only thing that's good about it is the amount of cores.
RAM compatibility is still awful, at 3.8/1.32V (it needs 1.39V for 3.9) it's single core perf is below what my old 4670k (4.2/1.2) was capable of, multicore is ~250 over my old 6700k (in Cinebench R15).
It games like Fallout 4 it drops more than the old i5 for example.

I have an 8 year old i5-650 3.2ghz processor. Can't even change it because my motherboard is just as old and need a new mother board as well.

>tfw, too stupid to know how to replace a motherboard even after watching several videos about it
>tfw I'd have to reinstall windows 10, all my anti-virus programs and ever other program

>not leaning flat and giving the people watching fives as you pass by

You don't need to buy a new license then, you can just reinstall and reactivate.

2200g has no smt, the 2400g does

>How much do I need to spend
how about you read the very site you linked?? excellent tier or above

it's part of the OEM license that it's tied to a single machine which microsoft defines as the motherboard most of the time

>For casual gaming, Ryzen is a much better value
Not really.
i5 8400 is faster than 1600x @ 4.0 and costs less.

It's great.

>tfw returned my 980 and bought a 1060 instead

Attached: 1520610183838.png (1920x1200, 2.98M)

I'm broke as fuck but want to save up for a good PC instead of the laptop I'm using currently.

Too bad the fucking prices of GPUs are skyrocketing just when I'm getting even the tiniest bit of income.

Is there even a difference in performance?

I meant 980 ti, though I don't notice anything since I barely play AAA.

So you downgraded? Why?

I realized there's literally no functional difference for my usage, so I stopped caring about chasing the newest hot shit

That doesn't make any sense.
You already had a better card, why even go through the hassle? Did you at least turn a profit on it?

Rate my specs:
>asrock h77 pro4/mvp motherboard
>gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 ti
>i7-3770 3,4ghz
>16gb DDR3 RAM

Attached: c5a55929644c1047fd9442f12eb85411--muscle-builder-bodybuilding-motivation.jpg (612x612, 84K)

>want to buy a new PC because current one cannot play games at good settings
>see current PC parts prices
>fuckthishit.jpg
>buy xbox one x
>play at very good graphics quality at really good price

Anybody else bought a console instead of new PC?

I'm not going to make fun of or belittle your choices.

it's only going to get worse, ram will keep rising, miners aren't going away so gpu will still be inflated for probably years to come

zog please delete bitcoin

Attached: ad58ed3e6858f69b47eb56ef7df664f8.jpg (736x552, 63K)

>i3 8k
That's not THE MOST OPTIMAL SHIT but it's perfectly fine, user

Anything more that i need i am new to pc gaming

Attached: IMG_20180314_173834.jpg (3120x4160, 1.42M)

Attached: speccy.jpg (864x581, 85K)

as an AMD user for 10 years straight i said i fell for the AMD meme, next time (if there is one) i will get intel for sure.

Attached: 5 years old.jpg (660x525, 77K)

>MSI 970
I have one and it runs fine, but be ready for it to run at absolutely fucking ridiculous temps. The built in cooler is trash

Well a motherboard for starters, and you're probably better off with a case to put it in.

>FX 6300
My condolences.

>i3 8100
you fucked up boyo, the i3 8350k is a 2x better chip and nearly the same price and is overclockable to 4.3ghz with an AIO liquid cooler

I have a case can you recommend me a motherboard

>i3 8350k
The choice of a true retard.