Deus Ex Thread

I'm about to play Deus Ex 1 for the first time, it's been sitting on my library for a long time now.

I bought all 3 games in a sale last year, played human revolution and it sucked ass, the controls were cluncky, the story didn't go anywhere, however I liked the characters and the interactions, but in the end, I didn't enjoyed it.

So, Sup Forums, is there any mods I should install as a first time player? Build/skill recommendation? Is this game purely stealth or you can actually go out guns blazing?

Attached: JCDenton2.png (432x454, 268K)

take the GEP gun
use kenties launcher

invest all skill points into heavy weapons and swimming

Attached: 1518456451982.jpg (1920x1080, 340K)

A BOMB

No mods, kentie's launcher.
Any build is good, stealth and combat are both viable, stick with the prod.

the GEP gun can do anything
Locked door? GEP gun
Tough safe? GEP gun
Swarm of enemies? GEP gun
Big obstacle? GEP gun
Robots and turrets? GEP gun

>is there any mods I should install as a first time player?
holy shit, nu-Sup Forums in full effect

NUMBAH ONE

Attached: deus_ex.gif (320x180, 3.06M)

drop the tooth before you leave Hong Kong
it's OP

No ammo? GEP gun

I don't really know how broken the game can actually be, saints row 2 is an example of a PC game that can't be played without modding it.

Why? The heavy weapons are all usable without any skill points and rifles have ammo, silent kills, and the sniper rifle can take out cameras at max skill.

the only mods you should ever be getting for good games are ones that fix bugs or are just an improved launcher with fov or resolution. don't get GDX

Dont listen to that faggot, install GMDX

>playing games in a balanced way
boring

Attached: 1492285991275.jpg (207x253, 17K)

theres nothing like sprinting at full speeds with maxed out speed augs and a gep gun

dont forget swimming

Regardless of who you intend to play as, in the first dialogue pick GEP gun (rocket laucher), the other two can be found on the first level.
I also recommend getting pistol skill to 3 at the char generation, since the default pistol is actually good as sniper rifle substitute (sniper rounds are actually rare in the first half of the game) and the silenced pistol you get a bit later would basically render an assault rifle useless if not for burning through pistol ammo like through butter, and if not for assault rifle's grenade launcher.

Also play on Realistic only. Also, I really don't advise pure stealth. Also, a LOT of secrets, keep your eyes constantly open, look in every nook and cranny. Also, first two missions are sort of eh, real shit starts from Hell's Kitchen onwards (the roof level is one of my favorite ever).

Also keep in mind, that the only things that heighten any gun/ammotype's base damage are the corresponding skill level and the Telescopic Vision augmentation (remember this, it's important). I'm telling you this since other than DX's wiki, it isn't stated anywhere in the game. There are no weapon upgrades for damage too.

Why realistic only? It seems I'll need to go pure stealth if I want to play in a high difficulty

realistic only is recommended because easier difficulties just turn you and enemies into bullet sponges

dont get swimming it's a meme