TOYS R US IS DEAD

David Rogers
David Rogers

What are going to be the best deals to look out for?

Attached: ogxvadc5fj4di8ipfmmr.jpg (75 KB, 800x450)

All urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2018/03/14/toys-r-us-to-close-all-800-of-its-u-s-stores/?utm_term=.18ceb3a39c3d
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulture_capitalist
rollingstone.com/politics/news/why-private-equity-firms-like-bain-really-are-the-worst-of-capitalism-20120523
nymag.com/news/intelligencer/bain-capital-2012-9/
forbes.com/sites/modeledbehavior/2013/05/14/bain-capital-might-be-bad-for-america/#2500ef104996
youtube.com/watch?v=VJJ-ZLdrTwY
nytimes.com/2017/02/03/business/dealbook/trump-congress-financial-regulations.html
youtube.com/watch?v=6vUEKQQm-rY
order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1083361941&ref=list
order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1082137731&ref=list
sevenseasentertainment.com/tag/classic-novels/.
youtube.com/watch?v=JcBRsy2-Rrk
youtube.com/watch?v=I1ofD2jyBcA
nytimes.com/2018/03/14/business/toy-r-us-closing.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur
globalnews.ca/news/4083991/bid-submitted-for-toys-r-us-canada/

Kevin Smith
Kevin Smith

I was thinking of checking for 3ds games

I want clearance price on
Persona Q
Strange Journey Redux
Monster Hunter Stories
Radiant Historia Re

Blake Gonzalez
Blake Gonzalez

Ebay

Owen Murphy
Owen Murphy

Kids dont like toys anymore
Kids only play with tablets and phones nowdays
Everything is digital
Digital children

Attached: 1212121212.gif (442 KB, 400x239)

Jayden Harris
Jayden Harris

When the fuck are we going to repeal the stupid law that requires cars to be sold from a dealership instead of directly from the manufacturer?

Attached: 1510496201329.jpg (130 KB, 600x620)

Joseph Carter
Joseph Carter

Digital children
We Digimon now

Oliver Martinez
Oliver Martinez

When manufacturers start opening up dealerships.
There's a lot of overhead that they don't have to worry about with the current situation.
Sucks for the consumer, but fuck the consumer.

Anthony Ramirez
Anthony Ramirez

its not EVERY store and even THEN, check your areas, its probably a lot of fucking baby r us that are getting shut down.

the closest TRU getting closed near me is fucking 2 hours 30 mins ONE FUCKING WAY.

Cameron Phillips
Cameron Phillips

If we were digimon we'd have better children

Attached: 8066977.png (282 KB, 464x470)

Ian Hall
Ian Hall

Manufacturers can't open up dealerships because it's illegal in basically every state. Even if you order a car online, you still need to go through a dealership and give them a cut of a few thousand dollars.

Fucking scam

Jordan Myers
Jordan Myers

paying for 3ds games in 2018
uhhhhh

Jonathan Nguyen
Jonathan Nguyen

its all stores now. going out of business

Dominic Ward
Dominic Ward

washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2018/03/14/toys-r-us-to-close-all-800-of-its-u-s-stores/?utm_term=.18ceb3a39c3d

Levi Sanchez
Levi Sanchez

Why would they do that?

Attached: E28019E3-EF7B-4AB9-8153-D6C79CCF7F88.jpg (1.04 MB, 3000x3670)

Cooper Reyes
Cooper Reyes

Never, because yay capitalism!

Ryder Edwards
Ryder Edwards

The website is literally selling all its stock user, they are shutting down.

Also WHY THE FUCK ARE GAMES STUFF STILL NOT REDUCES THIS IS A CANCER CLEARANCE

Lincoln Clark
Lincoln Clark

Sorry I don't have moral deficiencies like you.

Caleb Jones
Caleb Jones

tfw the canadian stores will still be open

Sebastian Perry
Sebastian Perry

good goy

Zachary Kelly
Zachary Kelly

Sad. I have great memories of going to the Times Square location and my local one.

Dominic Foster
Dominic Foster

buying 3ds games

Joshua Brown
Joshua Brown

I'm not sorry.
Probably because of those moral deficiencies.

Elijah Butler
Elijah Butler

it has nothing to do with that you retard. the new owners took on this gigantic loan they couldnt pay off so they have to shut down the company

Daniel Murphy
Daniel Murphy

i checked, its so far only X amount of stores not EVERYTHING

probably by the end of the year or next year, they will. but not right now.

i also wonder how much of a discount. if its not a high amount i won't care. if its the bullshit of, everyone buys all the good shit at 30% off and there is shit left at 50% off, i don't think i will care.

Landon Morris
Landon Morris

No its ok user, you dont need to defend the kids. Its their fault, this is why they are weak.

Levi Flores
Levi Flores

wonder why they couldnt pay back that loan
hmm

Austin Jackson
Austin Jackson

tfw Toys R Us Canada won't close down and I won't be getting cheap games

Attached: 1519074781598.jpg (33 KB, 466x349)

Benjamin Sullivan
Benjamin Sullivan

you'll never show up 15 minutes before opening so you can rush in and play the display games for a few hours because your parents are cheap fucks

I sorta miss it and sorta don't.

Attached: tru.jpg (42 KB, 500x362)

Aaron Ward
Aaron Ward

malls are dying in america
doing just fine in canada
feels so fucking good

Attached: torontoblue.jpg (149 KB, 1402x935)

Nicholas Martin
Nicholas Martin

buy lego sets you fucking retard

Colton Barnes
Colton Barnes

Best Buy with the GCU is the best deal senpai, 20% off any new vidya and if you know you’re gonna get it for sure, you get a $10 rewards coupon to use on anything if you preorder on top off the 20% off.

Kayden Powell
Kayden Powell

Toyworld was always better

Attached: IMG-1427.jpg (36 KB, 574x256)

Nathan Richardson
Nathan Richardson

me on the left

Oliver Diaz
Oliver Diaz

This but unironically desu

Angel Phillips
Angel Phillips

Should I apply to Target now that I'm gonna lose this job in a few months?

Jeremiah Martin
Jeremiah Martin

best buy GCU here in canada sucks ass. no 20% off of new games you gotta spend like $200 just to get a $5 coupon off of any game.

Aiden Sanchez
Aiden Sanchez

Is there any way of keeping track of a certain toys r us locale? The only one near me is 2 hours away so I'd like an online way of keeping track of it.

John Gonzalez
John Gonzalez

What do you think?

Kevin Carter
Kevin Carter

anything good will be sent back to their vendors
everything remaining will be shit

Wyatt Turner
Wyatt Turner

You should steal as much as you can
And let me know what you nick

Blake Hughes
Blake Hughes

Yeah, I heard Target is actually a really nice place to work as far as retail goes. A couple of my biz major friends graduated and got into their management training program, sounded like a good experience while they were at the stores.

Jackson Harris
Jackson Harris

Amazon has good deals too. However, I bought a few new releases from them, they ship me the physical disk, I open it, put the disc in and it just takes me to fucking Steam to download it.

I mean why the fuck can't they be bothered to put it on the disc? If not, then at least send me the fucking code at purchase so I can preload it. Having to wait an extra day to download 50 gigs is annoying

Jose Wright
Jose Wright

hustle ass until closing, and then use the recs to get a better job when it finally closes

Samuel Myers
Samuel Myers

not buying lego sets on soon-to-be-dead toysrus

Hunter Williams
Hunter Williams

Why the fuck would you want to work retail?

Chase Bailey
Chase Bailey

Attached: 1520557164304.gif (2.99 MB, 270x333)

Ryan Hughes
Ryan Hughes

I haven't built a Lego set in over 15 years. If they had Darth Vader's Tie Fighter I'd buy it though.

Matthew Sullivan
Matthew Sullivan

You should get a real job instead.

Hudson Lewis
Hudson Lewis

jews?

Juan Long
Juan Long

That's cute

Anthony Bennett
Anthony Bennett

Oh god my heart

Matthew Ross
Matthew Ross

Too hard, familia

Ryan Perry
Ryan Perry

Probably.

When my wife had her son she started working there and she loves it. She has to work real late hours though so I'm always stuck babysitting and she comes back sweaty sometimes when it's restocking night. Other than that though its great, I loaded up on star wars figures when TLJ came out and also stocked up on the Nintendo cereal a few months ago.

Michael Torres
Michael Torres

Because he likes working a job he hates because its easier than working a manual labor job. But in reality it isnt and retail fucking sucks. Dumbasses at my work get paid $26/hr to hold a stop sign all day

Jaxon Howard
Jaxon Howard

government regulation
yay capitalism

???

James Green
James Green

Does Toys r Us even still sell videogames?

Daniel Lee
Daniel Lee

Do this, stores going out of business usually bail on having any sort of AP so you can pretty much do whatever.
Don't listen to this guy. Retail jobs are so easy to get that word of mouth is pointless.

Nathaniel Wright
Nathaniel Wright

Retail is fucking easy peasy. Hearing people who worked at TRU with me bitching about the job just made me laugh.
I'll take being bitched out by retarded customers over being bitched out by my retarded boss while I wash dishes until 2 AM any day of the fucking week

Angel Hernandez
Angel Hernandez

Hope all the amiibos go down to like $5

Anthony Lopez
Anthony Lopez

kek

Michael Diaz
Michael Diaz

there are people who go to college to work retail

Good God so glad I fell for the HVAC meme.

Levi Long
Levi Long

Fuck construction

Matthew Sanchez
Matthew Sanchez

Yes. They have a huge selection with all the newest Switch and PS4 games

Benjamin Harris
Benjamin Harris

I don't think the manufacturers want to do the financing and customer service that dealerships do.

Nolan Morales
Nolan Morales

If you had to pick one retail place to work, where would you go?

Jordan Collins
Jordan Collins

Listen to this man. Washing dishes was my first job and retail paid more and is a lot less work.

Jaxson Allen
Jaxson Allen

In all my years this is the worst b8 I've ever seen.

Attached: 1520967522785.gif (948 KB, 200x200)

Lucas Roberts
Lucas Roberts

wow what an idiot

Xavier Murphy
Xavier Murphy

its funny seeing her try to work the caveman toy!

Ethan Gutierrez
Ethan Gutierrez

You just work the stores for a bit so you know what's going on, then you get a management position in the district or whatever.

Benjamin Sullivan
Benjamin Sullivan

All the major manufacturers have their own financing arm. Ford's finance arm makes a larger profit than the actual manufacturing arm.

Juan Watson
Juan Watson

Well, I do have good memories of the place from back when I was a kid but it's been well over fifteen years since I last went. So it's sort of sad, I guess.

Carson Thomas
Carson Thomas

so what is she playing with?

Logan Cook
Logan Cook

Washed dishes and then worked in the same kitchen on weekends. Fucking sucked dude. Retail is really chill after you work anywhere else as long as you can deal with the people

Jaxson Long
Jaxson Long

you should go back to mexico then

Jaxon Cox
Jaxon Cox

Ya blew it. But you'll get replies for the effort, most of them telling you "ya blew it."

Ryan Collins
Ryan Collins

I worked for Toys R Us during the holiday season of 2012. My job was a sales floor associate. I would just walk around the store and help people find things, or recommend products.

I sold a lot of Wii Us.

Leo White
Leo White

Looked like a mutant baby eating an ass at first.

Jonathan Evans
Jonathan Evans

I guess I'll still have fond memories of it, as I do/did with Blockbuster.
Every time my grandpa would come back to the country, he would take me to go do fun things around the city
One of the last times I can recall when I was younger, was him taking me to Toys R Us
Walking through the game section, he says I can pick out any one game I want
Pick out Mischief Makers
I should play MM again, seems fitting.

Nathan Rodriguez
Nathan Rodriguez

Whatever one pays the most. They're all the shit in a different color, just pick the one that nets the most money. I work at BJs and the managers there have worked at other stores for years and years, then rode the waves hopping from store to store. They say its all shit, its always been shit, and it always will be shit. Just treat it as a disposable job, don't make friends and don't tie yourself down. Always be ready to bail for a better paying job.

Jaxon Williams
Jaxon Williams

you monster

Owen Reyes
Owen Reyes

The end of an era

Attached: e0552d57919dd849c899e9584be8aff2--discovery-zone-s-nostalgia[1].jpg (39 KB, 485x387)

Angel Roberts
Angel Roberts

its so far only X amount of stores not EVERYTHING
That's how it starts, you fucking idiot.
I've seen 5 major chains close down in my country the past 5 years and they always say at first they're only closing down a few locations.

Ian Moore
Ian Moore

The Last Jedi is so bad that it killed one of America's biggest retail chains.

Attached: rose-crash.webm (703 KB, 1920x808)

James Price
James Price

How did the Royals cock taste in 2015?

Adrian Howard
Adrian Howard

jesus Christ that chink is so fucking ugly

Levi Green
Levi Green

I miss Teavana already, I wish them all being closed meant Starbucks was close behind.

Bentley Hughes
Bentley Hughes

TRU is dead, meanwhile my childhood, over-priced local toy store is still in business, though it actually feels like a toy store unlike TRU these days. Maybe being over priced is what keeps them in business somehow though.

Actually, last time I went into this store they had a bunch of series 1 lego minifigures, like a year or so after they launched so they were rare by then, and I bought all of them.

I got good memories from TRU too though, one time I was able to get a hold of about 50 of these Chrome stormtroopers which I sold for ~$40 each.

Attached: Screen-Shot-2016-11-11-at-9.12.56-AM-700x589.png (320 KB, 700x589)

Jaxson Scott
Jaxson Scott

Of course, wouldn't want those poor Nintendo executives and publishers to go hungry. They're just barely scraping by you know!

Attached: 1385854051677.png (11 KB, 560x407)

Isaac Rodriguez
Isaac Rodriguez

Toys R Us is overpriced though, compared to other retailers.

Ryan Gomez
Ryan Gomez

TLJ was great, though.

Henry Brooks
Henry Brooks

What, you no ruv Vietnamese sweet potato?

Attached: rose-crash-face.jpg (186 KB, 1920x808)

Juan Barnes
Juan Barnes

Too hard, familia
You're fucking pathetic, no one over the age of 17 should be working retail.
With a days worth of education you could double your pay driving a forklift.
With a weeks you could triple it welding.
If you actually got your shit together for 6 months to 3 years the skies the limit.
In 5 years 90% of all retail positions will no longer exist and you'll suddenly find yourself with zero relevant experience in an ever shrinking job market.
Enjoy spending the rest of your life on wellfare because you couldn't even take a day to get your shit together.

Adrian Garcia
Adrian Garcia

This meme
It was killed by corporate greed and venture capitalism. Killed by Bain Capital, the same company that killed KG Toys. Toys r Us was seeing sales rebounding from the holidays but because the vulture capitalists already planned on gutting the company, it was a dead man walking. They walked off with all the money and fucked over the workers, investors and everyone else.

Ayden Russell
Ayden Russell

I bet you think that Black Panther is the first movie with black lead actors.

Jonathan Ortiz
Jonathan Ortiz

Society is dead

Parker Butler
Parker Butler

it bombed in china, because it was social justice pandering. everybody who isn't a soyboy libtard can see that too. it's a shitty movie with bad story direction and too much muh wymen.

Chase Edwards
Chase Edwards

Starbucks buys Teavana, propping up new stores all over expecting tea to push as much sales as coffee, with very unrealistic sales goals
It doesn't meet said goals, because the US is obsessed with coffee, not tea
To the surprise of no one, they close down all the stores they opened because they lost money
I'm thankful that there's a nice local chain that sells high quality loose leaf tea in my area, so I don't find myself missing Teavana.

Chase Martinez
Chase Martinez

You expect kids to know how a rotary phone works too?

Gavin Watson
Gavin Watson

Kids aren't kids anymore. I miss my childhood.

Zachary Hughes
Zachary Hughes

Too soon

Ian Lewis
Ian Lewis

What is that?

Jose Hill
Jose Hill

Explain the mountains of Star Wars toys that no-one was buying.

That is not a "venture capitalist" issue. That is a terrible management and foresight issue. Toys R Us would still be alive if they just stopped selling Disney toys if the choice was between that and having to stock tons of Star Wars tat that kids had no interest in. All of Disney's toys to life shit was a disaster too, and TRU would have been on much better footing without it.

Isaac Morris
Isaac Morris

it's the first WE WUZ KANGZ movie.

Dylan Gomez
Dylan Gomez

I'm going to see if they have any power ranger deals

Gabriel Evans
Gabriel Evans

Nah man, iIn January they closed 182 stores, now it's everything.

Toy store chain Toys R Us is planning to sell or close all 800 of its U.S. stores, affecting as many as 33,000 jobs as the company winds down its operations after six decades

Logan Stewart
Logan Stewart

Right in the feels

Austin Perez
Austin Perez

I was pissed when teavana was forced to standardize their by the cup menu. I enjoyed going there and ordering off menu tea by the cup.

Adam Thomas
Adam Thomas

I learned how to use rotary dials because of Shenmue
I'm not proud of this

Connor Bennett
Connor Bennett

Fuck...

Adrian Jackson
Adrian Jackson

it's not a big deal, it was cumbersome and slow. numbers with lots of 7s, 8s, and 9s, had to do full rotations. imagine having to redial manually every time.

Aaron Ortiz
Aaron Ortiz

Does this apply to Canadian TRUs?

Matthew Gonzalez
Matthew Gonzalez

I want to build a time machine and go back.

Lincoln Davis
Lincoln Davis

Mom died
Grandmother died
Billy Herrington died
Now TRU closing stores
Only March
Fuck. This. Year.

Blake Phillips
Blake Phillips

Bái Zuô!

Brayden Foster
Brayden Foster

/pol/ logic with conformation bias and association fallacy.
Educate yourself on the type of company Bain Capital is before you try and pretend all this is not their fault.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulture_capitalist
rollingstone.com/politics/news/why-private-equity-firms-like-bain-really-are-the-worst-of-capitalism-20120523
nymag.com/news/intelligencer/bain-capital-2012-9/
forbes.com/sites/modeledbehavior/2013/05/14/bain-capital-might-be-bad-for-america/#2500ef104996

Adam Flores
Adam Flores

Why? Why are they killing my childhood?

Adrian Diaz
Adrian Diaz

Does this apply to Canadian TRUs?
It applies to all TRUs worldwide, although it's likely someone competent like like MGA Entertainment will come along and buy them all super fucking cheap and make a killing in the process.

Only a slobbering retard of a company couldn't turn a profit with TRU.

Anthony Wilson
Anthony Wilson

Sorry to hear about your mom and grandma user

Jacob Ramirez
Jacob Ramirez

Because predatory capitalists don't give a shit about your childhood, only about the amount of money they can make. Fun fact Bain capital (The ones who bought and ran TRU into the ground) was the same group that bought and destroyed KB Toys.

Lucas Lee
Lucas Lee

Holy shit I think that is the one close to me that I used to go to. I know they all look the same but I have a good memory when it comes to tiny random autistic details.

tyrone?

Attached: 374-n.jpg (75 KB, 640x640)

Andrew Green
Andrew Green

My memory of Toys R Us was going inside and seeing video trailers on the Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and playing the game on an N64 along with playing Super Mario 64.

Jaxon Morris
Jaxon Morris

Fuck!

Evan Peterson
Evan Peterson

Why would any large company think "Yeah man I could be making way more money but I just don't wanna put the effort into it"
You just hire people to do it, who cares if it takes effort

Sebastian Powell
Sebastian Powell

/pol/boogeyman because he disagreed with you
You're fucking pathetic

Austin Foster
Austin Foster

stephen hawkings too

Jacob Adams
Jacob Adams

How do we stop Bain Capital?

Bentley Flores
Bentley Flores

Cheap Star Wars figures.

Jose Baker
Jose Baker

sorry to hear about Billy Herrington and Toys r us user.

Dominic Ramirez
Dominic Ramirez

muh mary sue boogeyman
muh feminism boogeyman
If you don't go into the movies with an agenda it's a decent 8/10

Colton Scott
Colton Scott

By not running companies into the ground?
Vulture Capitalists are a necessary evil.

Kevin Hernandez
Kevin Hernandez

youtube.com/watch?v=VJJ-ZLdrTwY

the 80's are looking more like the 50's every day

Attached: 1493832281577.jpg (1.04 MB, 3264x2448)

Jaxon Murphy
Jaxon Murphy

Just like ghostbusters(2016) was decent too right?

Benjamin Thompson
Benjamin Thompson

Hand retarded kid gameboy
"It's a touchscreen!"
Retarded kid not knowing any better tries to use it like a phone
Record it and post it on reddit for instant karma

wow

Andrew Brooks
Andrew Brooks

Digital children
electronic old men
A NEW AGE

Attached: 1519357046719.png (282 KB, 466x515)

Asher Rivera
Asher Rivera

Creed?

Attached: 86df9a7c6a507a4d02106cd5247bfd5693e21f5a24168702d2e525ebfa868af5.gif (997 KB, 500x248)

Jose Morales
Jose Morales

Can't refute ANYTHING
LOL

Make their practices illegal, but as long as Republicans or corporate Democrats are in control, that won't happen. And if you think that's bad, Trump just repealed a law that said a Financial Advisers must act in the best interest of their client. Meaning it's now legal for them to screw you out of your money, again.
nytimes.com/2017/02/03/business/dealbook/trump-congress-financial-regulations.html

Have fun!

Gavin Cooper
Gavin Cooper

Don't get your hopes up. Closing sales for stores owned by large corporations are never great.

They'll probably start at 10% off, then go to 20%, then 30%, etc. but the thing is, everyone always buys the good shit when it's 20-30% off which isn't even a great deal anyway. And this is ignoring the option of Toys R US liquidating their most valuable stock to a third party which seems to always happen. Mark my words: Nothing of value will make it to 60% off or higher.

Jaxson Fisher
Jaxson Fisher

I would kill myself if I had to work retail as an adult. Stay at one place for ages and then get a job in an office with the momentum that gives you, something simple answering phones or whatever. Soon enough to can be running an office which is way better than wearing a faggy red vest.

Mason Baker
Mason Baker

Probably no chance of a good deal on a Switch, aye lads?

Attached: 1332393111169.jpg (23 KB, 232x197)

Landon Turner
Landon Turner

Small child doesn't understand technology and thinks everything handheld has a touchscreen like every phone or tablet she's ever known
Yeah we're all definitely fucked

Landon Reyes
Landon Reyes

Never. The lobbying that took place in order for the current situation to happen was too strong.

Cooper Nelson
Cooper Nelson

youtube.com/watch?v=6vUEKQQm-rY

Xavier Foster
Xavier Foster

I just went to a Toys R Us that was having a closing sale, it didn't apply to systems or their top sellers/recent releases.
Everything else was cleaned out except for shit tier games like Troll.

Jace Martin
Jace Martin

tfw 80's kid
I can't watch this shit, I hate nostalgia.

Ryan Scott
Ryan Scott

Not video games themselves, it's gonna be a bloodbath so get moving to lockdown things like displays, brand signs, brochures, kiosks, anything that says "For Display Only" as far as video game related things go. That shit goes for a ton second hand.

After that aim for not video game related things like non branded display cases, furniture or other misc things since liquidations they're dirt cheap compared to what you'd have to pay and resellers are gonna be out for them since a glass case here for a hundred can be flipped for a few hundred to a thousand.

Then finally after those things aim for cheap games, toys or accessories.

Ethan Bailey
Ethan Bailey

Toys R Us pretty much had everything going against it
the Saturday Morning cartoon is dead, and cartoons are barely even allowed to advertise the toys they have
birth rates among families with money are lowering every year
tablets take the space of toys
amazon, among every other store selling toys, including gamestop
and star wars not selling cause the sjw shit

Adam Bailey
Adam Bailey

Fuck this country

Sebastian Barnes
Sebastian Barnes

Toys r Us is going under because they tried to SELL video games. They would be always be bought elsewhere and it just bled them. It's not because kids don't buy or play with toys.

But go ahead and push your meme that lets you shit on the new generation. It lets you feel superior, after all. Just like how the generation before you pushed a meme to feel superior to you. You fucking sheep.

Cameron Nguyen
Cameron Nguyen

who /nostalgia/ here?

Attached: berp.png (1010 KB, 826x600)

John Brooks
John Brooks

I fucking grew up.

Jonathan Barnes
Jonathan Barnes

I feel like crying

John Morgan
John Morgan

wall of wii games
nostalgia

Bentley Garcia
Bentley Garcia

which is fine, but WHEN are they doing it?
like, holy shit, i want to start TOMORROW going to stores so i can buy the exclusive shit

Daniel Edwards
Daniel Edwards

That hurt my heart

Parker Jones
Parker Jones

No surprise there. Any assets that are actually valuable is going to get sold off to other retailers in the liquidation process.

Meanwhile, the Star Wars tat is going to be the last to go, and will probably end up at Job Lot stores and dollar stores. Those stupid exclusive interactive figures that had $100 price tags and never got marked down are going to end up going for $5 a pop at your local bargain basement store.

This is going to have a bad effect on the other retailers, too. Toys R Us was literal warehouses full of Star Wars toys that no-one was buying. Wal-Mart and Target are already struggling to clear out 2 year old Star Wars stock, and the market is about to be flooded with all of TRU's liquidation priced Star Wars toys. If for some reason anyone wanted any of that shit they will be able to pick it up for pennies on the dollar, making it impossible for the other retailers to compete.

Star Wars killed Toys R Us and Toys R Us is going to kill the Star Wars toyline. It all works out in the end. By the time we get to Episode IX Disney will be lucky to get a single end cap for their shit at Wal-Mart and Target, because it's only a matter of time before Wal-Mart and Target take drastic measures to clear out their Star Wars inventory and make room for something that kids actually want.

Attached: MLTEPeV.jpg (44 KB, 661x399)

Jacob Wilson
Jacob Wilson

sure

but like 80s and 90-s TRU
fuck you, 2010 faggotbabby

Chase Torres
Chase Torres

The last time I was in a Toys R Us, N64 games were new. A bunch of Wii games has no nostalgia for me.

Jose Price
Jose Price

I'm stupid, I can't do better than retail. I tried.

Aiden Lee
Aiden Lee

Kids dont like toys anymore
They absolutely love toys.
Kids only play with tablets and phones nowdays
The most watched videos by kids on youtube are toy unboxxing/playing videos. Kids go to the toy store on youtube, and tell their parents what they want, because...
Everything is digital
Shopping is digital, can't beat the convenience of cheap shipping and Amazon's loss leader warehousing/distribution
Digital children
Naw, spend some time around children, if you're not court ordered to stay away from them yet.

Christian James
Christian James

I remember getting this carbon scored beauty from Toys R Us. Me and my brothers all wanted Star Wars vehicles for Christmas and we went to the store to pick them out, since my parents knew they'd screw up if we just gave them a list. I really miss those days. I wish I could go back to the mindset of a child where a huge chunk of ABS shaped like a space ship and some overly muscled Star Wars heroes was it took to spawn endless hours of adventures from my little mind.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (294 KB, 1600x1200)

Jaxson Hernandez
Jaxson Hernandez

My brother brought in a 1st gen Ipod into an apple store once a year ago. The first the employee did was touch the screen. Then he showed it to all the other apple employees

Jordan Brown
Jordan Brown

See

Adrian Cox
Adrian Cox

muh mary sue boogeyman
A character having no legitimate flaws and managing to master the Force and Lightsaber combat within two days is horseshit. She beat Luke even if he was disconnected from the Force, her family is literally whos, she nearly falls to the Dark Side and even communes with it but nothing bad happens to her, she's still a perfect shot and a perfect pilot. Exactly how is it a boogeyman? Ezra Bridger from Rebels is her character done right, he fucked up for nearly two seasons while training under an experienced Jedi and nearly fell to the Dark Side multiple times. Not to mention he couldn't even use the Force or a Lightsaber properly for the entire first season and it took until the middle of the second before he got mildly proficient.

Joseph Hughes
Joseph Hughes

Disney dindu nuffin wrong

Jace Gutierrez
Jace Gutierrez

Rebels is made by Star Wars fans whereas The Last Jedi was made by people who hate what Star Wars represents and want to re-make it into something else.

John Gutierrez
John Gutierrez

they watch other kids PLAY with toys?

fuck me and people say letsplays and twitch are bad, at the least those can be watched.

this is like being locked in a cage and watching someone else have all the fun while you IMAGINE what the fun might be like.

Easton Richardson
Easton Richardson

Yeh youre two years of shitposting really prepared you for this newfag

Wyatt Smith
Wyatt Smith

you underages best be joking

Christopher Perry
Christopher Perry

i remember toys r us being the place to buy legos and me hating i didn't have the 70 bucks for a lego Tie Interceptor

Jackson King
Jackson King

Kids still love toys. They just don't give a shit about the Star Wars ones.

William Jenkins
William Jenkins

Consoles are third-party, they don't actually own them.

Carter Cox
Carter Cox

See
If you want to complain about Disney, look at the skylander bubble, that did a lot more damage. Also TRU posted a profit for this holiday season.

Isaiah Hill
Isaiah Hill

Wow really? At her age, I was already in the 5th grade about the pass out and she can't even figure out how to use a gameboy? Pathetic

Btw, the voted for Trump

Grayson Johnson
Grayson Johnson

When I was a kid I used to look through Lego catalogs think "being an adult is gonna be great. I will have a job and I'll be able to buy all the lego sets I want!" I even thought I was gonna have a whole room for lego.

I have been an adult for over a decade now and still can't afford Lego. I haven't bought a Lego set in like 15 years.

Attached: 1393260444000-Ferrell-lego-3.jpg (46 KB, 540x405)

Luke Hernandez
Luke Hernandez

You mean like Tesla does right now

Grayson Lewis
Grayson Lewis

Most of the shit at Toys R Us that isn't selling has Disney's name on it.

Christopher Powell
Christopher Powell

Those animal crossing amiibo cards
I can't wait for them to be fucking nothing. I Need to finish the sets

Ryder Brown
Ryder Brown

are they clearing their stuff right now? any luck picking something up?

Brody Kelly
Brody Kelly

Toys R US doesn't hurt me. This still does. Damn you.

Nathan Martinez
Nathan Martinez

Is that zany brainy next to it too

Joshua Stewart
Joshua Stewart

Not an argument that is valid with the given facts.

And then user became the true villain of a kids movie.

Connor Bailey
Connor Bailey

Achieve your dreams faggot

Cameron Edwards
Cameron Edwards

Bain Capital
guess it was too big of debt for them

Oliver Reed
Oliver Reed

All the good game related stuff is still full price

Zachary Brown
Zachary Brown

WHAT PREVENTS PEOPLE BUYING TOTS DIRECTLY FROM THE MANUFACTURER??

Jackson Collins
Jackson Collins

So when will the discounts be announced? Will the games get discounted? I sort of want Gundam Versus/

Asher Green
Asher Green

TOTS
In some countries is illegal to import that stuff from Japan.

Elijah Ortiz
Elijah Ortiz

take off their masks

Jacob Murphy
Jacob Murphy

There's no "the law" dipshit. Each state has their own.

Anthony Bailey
Anthony Bailey

I am the villain in Lego Movie 2.

Isaiah Allen
Isaiah Allen

I ended up with like 3 of these by the time we moved. Only one of them was one my mom actually bought, the other was given to me by a friend and the other I scored at a local thrift shop for 5 bucks
I still don't know why I bought the third one.

Kevin Barnes
Kevin Barnes

went 2 weeks ago and saw the same thing, even when they were struggling financially. I guess the only way now to get something good will be there almost 24/7 until they close

Chase Adams
Chase Adams

I remember crying when my Zany Brainy closed down when they went bankrupt

it's been 15 years since they closed down

Attached: zany-brainy.jpg (275 KB, 1280x720)

Thomas Allen
Thomas Allen

Zany Brainy
Holy shit I forgot that existed. My family used to go there for Bionicle events where we'd drawn our OCs and get figures before they came out while also getting unique stuff for a $10 entry fee. It was great.

Carter Reed
Carter Reed

Young user knew a bargain when he saw one, even if he didn't need it.

I recently saw the Legacy Collection millennium falcon at a thrift store but it was missing a lot of pieces and they were charging a lot more for it than I deemed it to be worth. I figured if I ever really wanted the bigger falcon I'd be better off looking on eBay.

Attached: star-wars-legacy-collection-millennium-falcon-1514640355-f9df9bc7.jpg (42 KB, 640x640)

Chase Wilson
Chase Wilson

Every time I see posts like this I feel better about myself because I'm petty.

Attached: 1520089041408.png (77 KB, 299x237)

Bentley Bennett
Bentley Bennett

goddamn that is way better than the old POTF one

and yeah, it's hard to find good deals on anything good at thrift stores, just like flea markets the shitty ones pricecheck on ebay or the like for anything of any value

Evan Price
Evan Price

the best part is that the only black sounding names in the credits were from the music company total blacksploitation

Easton King
Easton King

razor stockist

wat

Attached: 1520879773308.gif (1.84 MB, 400x225)

Benjamin Martin
Benjamin Martin

moral deficiencies
the fuck? sounds like you need to take vitamins or some shit to get your morals higher.

Xavier Brooks
Xavier Brooks

I had that shit, fucking loved that toy. Had the X-wing and an AT-ST and a whole slew of figures. Even the sandspeeder toy was rad.I too miss those simple, naive times when I would lay in bed dreaming about hunks of plastic.

Gabriel Hill
Gabriel Hill

sad, but my local t'r'u closed down with the mall it was across the street from almost 10 years ago. even with the mall open the location was shitty, essentially "behind" the mall in a parking lot sea between a home depot and a grocery store with miscellaneous other shitty small shops and light industrial businesses

Nolan Price
Nolan Price

Malls are dead in my area. Why? Because their prices have always been unrealistic, and their inventory was sold out. Not to mention some of the absolute worst customer service I have ever seen.

Nolan Peterson
Nolan Peterson

$26/hr to hold a stop sign
Sign me the fuck up.

William Lewis
William Lewis

this doesn't hurt
Blockbuster? now that was a grenade right in the feels

Jacob Barnes
Jacob Barnes

There is hope for the future

Aaron Turner
Aaron Turner

Mormons, actually.

Joseph Hall
Joseph Hall

hope you like OSHA violations :^)

Nathan Flores
Nathan Flores

Are you sure they aren't just crypto-jews
they are pretty crafty and find novel ways to hide their true nature

Jaxson Carter
Jaxson Carter

You can violate my ass for that much an hour

Joseph Stewart
Joseph Stewart

What happens to exclusives, especially ones that haven't even hit most of the nation yet?

Attached: IMG-20180314-202117.jpg (535 KB, 2048x2048)

Asher Young
Asher Young

Looks ok for a kids toy.

Thomas Harris
Thomas Harris

That went right over your head.

Brody White
Brody White

My condolences user, I hope you get through this

Nicholas Watson
Nicholas Watson

Very kid friendly toys

Attached: Mark-Henry-Sexual-Chocolate-02.jpg (34 KB, 615x429)

Cooper Brown
Cooper Brown

What? You can definitely buy a tesla at a dealership.

Bentley Hernandez
Bentley Hernandez

WTF? I'M A BOOMER NOW

Jordan Parker
Jordan Parker

Ugh white people

Brody James
Brody James

Well, I was talking about the quality. SHFiguarts also look nice but they are more expensive
order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1083361941&ref=list
order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1082137731&ref=list

Nicholas Kelly
Nicholas Kelly

Uh i dont know. Call them maybe?

Andrew Torres
Andrew Torres

milk truk just arive

Attached: US38prB.gif (1.29 MB, 270x180)

Nathaniel Cook
Nathaniel Cook

Digital children
I view my woomy character in Splatoon as my digital child

Attached: Special-Woomy.png (370 KB, 340x540)

Jonathan Jackson
Jonathan Jackson

If they have Katamari for the Vita, I'll get it.

Noah Reed
Noah Reed

Ah OK. It depends , with Mattel, the quality ranges from good to disastrous upon close inspection (good old american quality control).$20 if you can find one with good paint app.

Had my eye on the figuarts, they have great articulation.

Samuel Wright
Samuel Wright

I was hoping to snag some Legos on the cheap and maybe a few steam cash cards.

Lucas Jenkins
Lucas Jenkins

Tesla had to fight so many dealer ships who were trying too literally bribe lawmakers to stop them

Chase Reed
Chase Reed

Steam cards aren't going to go on sale you fucking stupid fuck.

Matthew Ward
Matthew Ward

At least I don't have a testosterone deficiency like you

Julian Watson
Julian Watson

Big debt for you

Zachary Rogers
Zachary Rogers

Soon

Attached: MatWWEToycon13.jpg (144 KB, 800x600)

Austin Price
Austin Price

YOU are the reason why there's so many [Don't mind me, I'm just pirating X] threads. FUCK YOU.

Camden Clark
Camden Clark

Speaking of Mattel, how good are the Super7 He-Man figures? Watched that toys documentary on Netflix and looked good but their actual webpage is kinda weird, I couldn't find the He-Man or Skeletor the showed on the documentary.

Ethan Reyes
Ethan Reyes

Wal-Mart and Target are already struggling to clear out 2 year old Star Wars stock, and the market is about to be flooded with all of TRU's liquidation priced Star Wars toys. If for some reason anyone wanted any of that shit they will be able to pick it up for pennies on the dollar, making it impossible for the other retailers to compete.
One retailer I can think of that buys up this shit in bulk is Ross. I used to work in one and we did get an assload of Star Wars toys, bunch of wave 1 stuff from TFA. It actually sold. I wouldn't be surprised if they took in more leftover Star Wars toy stock, apparently a lot of Mexicans and immigrant families just buy whatever at Ross and the kids deal with it.0

Kayden Bailey
Kayden Bailey

Didn't mean to imply that they were m8. I was just going to grab one or two while getting the Legos. Chill.

David Peterson
David Peterson

They have the full range of articulation, upsized updated versions of the old figs, and sturdy. Mattel figs can take a drop, the paint quality should be adequate.

Aaron Wright
Aaron Wright

Where can I buy them? Amazon? Thanks in advance user.

Dominic Miller
Dominic Miller

tfw Toys R Us about 15 min away
I wonder if it's too late to check out their vidya stuff, last time I was in one was to buy a SNES Classic on release day, before that, I haven't been in one in nearly a decade. I really wanted them to hang on just a bit more for that second release of the NES Classic. They were the only retailer that did not do preorders, first come first serve, and limited one per customer. I'm going to miss that. If I gave a shit about Amiibo, I'd probably go there more often.

Gabriel Sanders
Gabriel Sanders

I'll buy up whatever Star Wars and Marvel shit interests me, and maybe a few LEGO sets I've been wanting. If I can get The Evil Within 2 or South Park: FBW for like $10-$15 a piece or Doom on Switch for less than $30, I'll grab them too.

Jason Robinson
Jason Robinson

Same here, but I'll just buy some Switch and Xbone games. What I really want is another set of joy cons, fuck Nintendo for not releasing a green set, have to buy Japan and US versions (they are reversed) of Splatoon joy cons just to get both greens.

I could always do colorware but I'm very particular about "official" colors

Asher Jackson
Asher Jackson

NUH UH CAUSE YOU WERE ALL LIKE "I HOPE I CAN GET SOME STEAM CARDZ ON SALE" AND I WAS LIKE AHAHAHA FAGGOT YOU CAN'T EVEN GET THOSE ON SALE AAAAHAHAHAHA

Lucas Lewis
Lucas Lewis

I don't think you can find those anymore, they may have been did continued or sell for high prices on eBay

Asher Lopez
Asher Lopez

Oh yeah, that reminds me, I'd also grab a new PS4 controller if they go cheap enough. I think mine might be starting to get a bit worn out.

Logan Davis
Logan Davis

lmao ypipo so stupid

Landon Morales
Landon Morales

I can't stand shopping online. Having to wait for your stuff to arrive sucks. I really enjoy searching and browsing for things I want. When i buy stuff online i almost always order exactly what i want. It's so unsatisfying to buy stuff online.

Thomas Gomez
Thomas Gomez

Well, thanks anyway. He-Man is probably the only non-weeb buyfag shit I'm actually insterested.

Ethan Walker
Ethan Walker

I totally agree. I like going out to stores and the mall and just looking.

Brandon Garcia
Brandon Garcia

Fuck, this hurts.

Asher Kelly
Asher Kelly

Try buying stuff in japanese online stores like mandarake or amiami, I actually have fun looking for stuff there.

Aaron Ward
Aaron Ward

Hell yes gonna scoop up that legacy shit

William Baker
William Baker

It does suck but in this day and age I can never find what I'm looking for at brick and mortar stores. And with things like clothes there's no decent stores or even stores that carry my sizes (i'm thin) within like 100 miles. You get used to waiting, it's fun when packages arrive.

Robert Flores
Robert Flores

They do.

It's illegal in most states because dealerships make a lot of money and lobbied to have laws like that passed. That's why Tesla had such a big problem initially, since they didn't want to have dealerships, just sell direct.

Lucas Turner
Lucas Turner

cartoons are barely even allowed to advertise the toys they have

How are cartoon companies restricted from advertising toys?

Anthony Jackson
Anthony Jackson

there are grown adults sad that a national chain, which put hundreds if not thousands of local stores out of business, is now going out of business itself
I don't get it.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (107 KB, 1280x720)

Robert Smith
Robert Smith

Nostalgia outweighs common sense

Jordan Ortiz
Jordan Ortiz

everyone in the world lives in the shitnited states

Lucas Rivera
Lucas Rivera

I collect Star Wars and Marvel toys. This is now one less place I have available to me when I'm out looking for what I want, which is likely only going to make the scalper situation that much worse. It's an inconvenience, and kind of a bummer because I enjoy the hunt as much as actually getting the ones I want so now I have one less stop to make on each trip.

Ryder Hall
Ryder Hall

living in almost-canada near a mall

Attached: 1318730024781.jpg (12 KB, 295x396)

Benjamin Lewis
Benjamin Lewis

What are going to be the best deals to look out for?
Nothing Sup Forums; it'll get bought by Ebay autists before anything reaches a decent price.
What you REALLY should be looking for is, completely serious, are models (airplanes, cars, I've even seen outright GUNPLA on some store shelves), figurines (toys'r'us did start carrying some weab shit a few years back), toys (go figure, right?), and /tg/ shit. Seriously, now is the time to get yourself some Catan, or any other of those niche boardgames. Most of that is just fine for neets, while the /tg/ shit I only recommend if you have IRL friends.

Leo Brown
Leo Brown

I'm talking about adults. Not manchildren.

Dylan Allen
Dylan Allen

I collect lego and amiibos. I live near a lego store and target and walmart have pretty good selections. But with toys r us gone amiibo collecting is gonna suck. I have around 120 and I probably bought 100 of them at toys r us. All the other stores have really bad selections and amazon is all scalpers

Owen Powell
Owen Powell

there are grown adults sad that a chain they have fond childhood memories of will no longer exist in a few months

ftfy fag

Attached: 5ac4ea8b6f991f09816fd607b56a4fb8.jpg (110 KB, 848x942)

Henry Taylor
Henry Taylor

Literally the best moment Kurt Angle ever did.

Sebastian Myers
Sebastian Myers

Fuck you for reminding me about this.

Attached: 1520986602217s.jpg (4 KB, 206x250)

Jaxson Thomas
Jaxson Thomas

having fond memories of a commercial establishment designed to fleece money from unsuspecting adults and which put hundreds of local toy stores out of business
Your conception was a mistake.

Elijah Sanchez
Elijah Sanchez

Nice projection.

Robert Taylor
Robert Taylor

The girl that plays her is cute but they went out of their way to make her unattractive

Jace Ramirez
Jace Ramirez

If you're an adult and collect toys, you are a manchild.

David Wilson
David Wilson

Who gives a shit about local toy stores? Did your family own one and you're butthurt about it or something? They wouldn't be any more viable today than TRU is, so you're just pissing into the wind for no reason.

Austin Hill
Austin Hill

I collect Star Wars and Marvel toys
I collect lego and amiibos

Attached: .gif (143 KB, 800x600)

Austin Richardson
Austin Richardson

National chains still employ local people. I will never understand this argument.

Matthew Edwards
Matthew Edwards

white children

Anthony Cooper
Anthony Cooper

This image will never not make me mad
even the time capsule was violated
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Joshua Evans
Joshua Evans

It's more of the thrill of waiting and the anticipation.
Once the item arrives, theres a burst of endorphins then I place the figure away.
On to the next one.

Jose Wilson
Jose Wilson

She really is deliciously thicc irl and way prettier than in the movie. The hairstyle she has in it sucks.

Jonathan Perez
Jonathan Perez

eat my ass, I liked TRU a lot when I was like 7 years old and didn't understand the economic ramifications of its existence

the local toy stores couldn't compete, they deserved to go bankrupt then just like TRU does today

if you don't like "muh local businesses" getting cucked, start opposing free-market capitalism

Attached: 1478737462995.png (216 KB, 624x352)

Brandon Ward
Brandon Ward

go to friends kids party
they're all on the tablet, playing minecwaft
This is how you get autism.

Aiden Walker
Aiden Walker

Fuck dealerships. Thank God for Carvana and Tesla.

Christopher Collins
Christopher Collins

Employees at the stores make up a small portion of the revenue generated, most of which is funneled outside the community.

It's no different than how people hate Walmart.

No I have no connection with a toy store. My point is that chain stores are destructive to communities and local economies and the fact that retards like you were taught that buying things = happiness is just plain sad and pathetic.

David Mitchell
David Mitchell

By Star Wars and Marvel toys you mean SHFiguarts, figmas and Revoltech, right?
Nothing wrong with that. Same for Lego. Amiibos are shit.

Juan Evans
Juan Evans

whining about MUH EVIL CAPITALISM doing its job and killing off weak small businesses that couldn't compete with a large store
calling anyone else a soyboy
The irony

Gavin Jones
Gavin Jones

Slow closings of every store nigga.

Parker Taylor
Parker Taylor

Canadian TRU still fine

GET FUCKED AMERIKEKS

Blake Richardson
Blake Richardson

tfw remembering getting pic related there with my dad and sister years ago
tfw checking out all their magazines in the mail for hours and seeing all the N64 and gamecube games I really wanted
tfw just realizing my local one near work is a part of my life dying out
I'll have to visit one last time when they start selling their inventory for old times' sake, it's a damn shame seeing both local and chain toy stores closing down.

Attached: fort-legoredo.jpg (119 KB, 690x488)

Ryan Reed
Ryan Reed

visit Universal Studios for the first time in December 2005
Nickelodeon Studios apparently closed earlier that year
I will never not be mad

Elijah Jackson
Elijah Jackson

You will never know the joy of having an amiibo ssb trophy display

Leo Scott
Leo Scott

What do kids even do these days?

I remember when I was young there were all sorts of niche stores and stuff. A store for toys, a store for masks that was always loaded and packed for halloween, a hobby shop, a video store, etc

I'm only fucking 22, and it already feels like every single one of those things are long gone.

Grayson Young
Grayson Young

Based. People love praising capitalism but then do their damnedest to circumvent it.

Tyler Morgan
Tyler Morgan

Black Series and Marvel Legends are frequently better than that overpriced Japshit.

Mason Smith
Mason Smith

I stopped reading two sentences in when I realized you were actually serious. Good job writing a paragraph trying to put someone down who was most likely trolling.

Protip fellow anons: never take career advice from someone who posts on Sup Forums.

Cooper Long
Cooper Long

nah fuck all that we need more big box stores like TRU and Walmart so I can get my special edition blacked.com Amiibos

Lincoln Lopez
Lincoln Lopez

Holy shit

Asher Butler
Asher Butler

No

Attached: 1512450963581.png (243 KB, 404x360)

Gabriel Powell
Gabriel Powell

buying things = happiness is just plain sad and pathetic.

Not nearly as sad and pathetic as you are for trying to bully people for things they enjoy like the miserable cuck you are. It takes a weak man to try and tear down other people's enjoyment.

Dominic Scott
Dominic Scott

It's no different than how people hate Walmart.

There are reasons to hate Wal-Mart other than just "It's a chain" or "It puts smaller stores out of business." Those reasons are still dumb even in Wal-Mart's case.

Andrew Phillips
Andrew Phillips

DIGITAL DANCING

Charles Turner
Charles Turner

It was actually a leveraged buyout. Basically among the most jewish things private equity firms do.

It wasn't Toys R Us that took out a loan at all. A PE firm basically bought out all the investors by taking a huge loan then stripping Toys R Us of assets

Gabriel Parker
Gabriel Parker

Childhood memories with your toys and family.
The part about local stores killed by bigger chains is always sad but that is happening right now, Amazon, Walmart and other online services/stores are killing the 90s and early 00s chains. Also, suppose TRU didn't exist, there are only two scenarios:
1. A local store becomes a big chain and kills the rest of local stores.
2. Somehow, most local stores survive until this day, amazon would kill everything.

Economy is a bitch.

Jaxson Smith
Jaxson Smith

Wow this is the most accurate piece of info I've seen in awhile on here. This guy gets it. If you bitch and moan about finding a real job is too hard, then just wait until you're older and still working that same job. Now you're working in your gay work vest alongside kids old enough to be your own kids.

Just learn a skill or find a job in an office where there is some potential to move up. I worked retail for almost a decade and it was miserable. I went back to school, graduated and now have a comfy desk job at a tech company. Sure it's nothing fancy but I get benefits, room to move up in the company beyond being a manager, co workers aren't literal niggers or teens, and it pays much more. Also, I work 9 to 5 and off on the weekends. When I worked at a grocery store, id close at 11 pm and open when the truck came at 4 am. I hated my life looking back.

Josiah Wilson
Josiah Wilson

a human child

Jaxson Lewis
Jaxson Lewis

Leveraged buyouts rustle me so much. How are they not illegal? Every time you hear about one happening it's really obvious that the company of going to be purposely run into the ground and then ripped apart

Jason Cruz
Jason Cruz

I remember this.

These guys, however, were the best.

Attached: 6075-12.jpg (103 KB, 612x490)

Lucas Miller
Lucas Miller

tfw the local bank shut down and now all the farmers need to travel 40minutes away to do their banking

Kevin Gray
Kevin Gray

Literally just smart phone/tablet games and watching YouTube and Twitch. I'm not joking. My ten year old step niece spends all of her time watching video game streamers or playing Minecraft on her mom's iPad. My 9 year old cousin on the other hand isn't allowed to play games or watch tv at all and is miserable and angry all the time because he has no freedom to do anything and his dumbass parents are basically hovering around him at all times. He told me he likes going to his friends houses more than being at home because they have Xbox and Nintendo.

Ethan Gomez
Ethan Gomez

Switch games on sale when?
Also if they still have them I'd like to catch a Fit Meter on sale. I stopped my diet and exercise when I lost mine and I'd like to lose some more weight.

Alexander Ortiz
Alexander Ortiz

shame about the canada part

Henry Cox
Henry Cox

evolution is the enemy.

Aaron Miller
Aaron Miller

<_< where do you live man?

Dylan Bennett
Dylan Bennett

I'm only fucking 22,
You barely experienced it.

Chase Campbell
Chase Campbell

Can confirm. My 4 year old cousin watched videos on her own tablet during the funeral for her grandmother. That's literally all she did during the entire funeral.

Gabriel Perez
Gabriel Perez

Tell me this wasn't the absolute shit

Attached: BOTH.jpg (284 KB, 1344x481)

Chase Powell
Chase Powell

Most of the other reasons are things most people can't relate to. Their friend/neighbor's store going out of business is a huge one and is why a lot of towns fight to not have Walmart come to their area

grown adult who collects toys made for children aged 7-9
calls other people cucks
wew

Not necessarily true. Amazon is killing off chains with no personality and a corporate environment but many local bookstores have been doing alright.

I just find it amusing how many so-called adults in this thread are lamenting the demise of a fundamentally predatory corporation.

But then again I feel the same way about Disney kids and blame it on their parents' terrible job raising them.

Robert Wilson
Robert Wilson

tfw Zany Brainy no longer exists

i wish for death

Attached: Zany-Brainy-whatever-happened-to-30602043-500-295.jpg (36 KB, 500x295)

Angel Thompson
Angel Thompson

bruh, you probably grew up with a smartphone and a pc.

Henry Hall
Henry Hall

I really don't think kids that young should be using smartphones and shit like that. Makes me feel odd.

Joseph Rodriguez
Joseph Rodriguez

I can't condemn that because I'm almost 30 and would probably be shitposting on Sup Forums the whole time if I had to attend a funeral.

Henry Bell
Henry Bell

Fondest memory of Toys R us was picking up my preorder of Majora's Mask.

Attached: feel.jpg (206 KB, 656x788)

Levi Bell
Levi Bell

buying lego sets
What's it like to have zero (0) imagination and have to follow an instruction manual to have fun?

Ryan Scott
Ryan Scott

I played on my gameboy was i was 5 during

Cameron Barnes
Cameron Barnes

Rural Australia

Jace White
Jace White

tfw get the occasional sensation to buy legos and play with them

I don't think my dignity could take such a blow if I really did it

Attached: mama-mia-daze.png (340 KB, 704x528)

Isaiah Adams
Isaiah Adams

Were we born during the perfect childhood time just so we could suffer and watch everything we love die as adults?

Oh god I didn't need to be reminded of Zany Brainy, KB Toys and FAO Schwarz dying out.
There's no spirit to business anymore these days.

being too autistic to understand the point of legos
m8 we deconstructed them after a while and made our own shit

Attached: tony-crying.jpg (17 KB, 370x370)

Matthew Bennett
Matthew Bennett

I just wanted specific pieces and minifigures that didn't come in the buckets. I bought sets and might still have my big LEGO bucket somewhere.

Gavin Gutierrez
Gavin Gutierrez

It's really sad and bizarre to think that kids nowadays probably don't relate to the Toy Story movies all that much. The characters go to places in those movies that basically have no real world counterparts anymore (an arcade and a toy store). And Andy doesn't own any video games or a smart phone. Do they even still sell things like Lincoln Logs and buckets of plastic army men?

Carson Williams
Carson Williams

If your parents bought specific sets instead of just the buckets to build your own shit, then they were brainlets

Carson Kelly
Carson Kelly

Yes and yes.

Do people buy them? No.

Joshua Edwards
Joshua Edwards

I work at a Walmart and can easily say yes. The army men sell well the Lincoln logs are maybe two sold a week

Isaac Morris
Isaac Morris

Neither do I, I didn't get my first cellphone until my freshman year in high school.
Seeing my younger cousins with them is bizarre but at least they still collect pokemon cards.

Alexander Walker
Alexander Walker

Well, if I ever have kids, you better believe I'm buying them stuff like that. I loved toys like those as a kid. I'd set up huge forts full of army men and then shoot at them with nerf guns from across the room all day.

Jordan Powell
Jordan Powell

I wish they had casted her sister instead, the one who died in the bombing run?

Jackson Nelson
Jackson Nelson

ITT:
I hate all these soulless digital games and shit. kids have no imagination anymore!
wants to buy their own kids mass produced retail garbage created by child slaves in china
really gets the ol bunson burner going

Luis Thompson
Luis Thompson

kids will play with toys if you limit their time on phone/tablets whatever else. start it early and you wont have so much trouble later on

Dominic Allen
Dominic Allen

Probably not. I was a cruel kid then, I would take my green Army men outside and pretend they were fighting a "dragon" meaning some poor lizard that I managed to catch and contain in an arena made of jumbo sized lego-like blocks. Sometimes I took a magnifying glass and tried to melt a few of my Army men. Or I would put them in a container full of water and freeze them overnight then take the magnifying glass to melt the ice.

Kids these days just don't play like that.

Jordan Evans
Jordan Evans

Good luck. I imagine a lot of parents take a knee to it because it's a lot easier to hand your kid your ipad for 30 minutes then buy them new legos they're constantly begging for.

David Diaz
David Diaz

fails to see the value in obtaining unique items not available in the mass-variety SKU
calls others brainlets

Levi Reyes
Levi Reyes

What do you mean?

Lego wasn't available by the piece where I lived if that's what you were thinking of.

Landon Peterson
Landon Peterson

I honestly bought legos to play out grand war stories and such, never cared that much about building.

Parker Robinson
Parker Robinson

Well, local bookstores started to change their business model some years ago. My local ones now sell manga, movies you don't find in streaming services on DVD/BD, jigzaws with famous paintings, book bundles and stuff like this sevenseasentertainment.com/tag/classic-novels/.

I just find it amusing how many so-called adults in this thread are lamenting the demise of a fundamentally predatory corporation.
Again, is about childhood or even teenager memories with your family and toys. People already miss early Youtube years you know.

Hudson Campbell
Hudson Campbell

The PE firms that engage in leverage buyouts all own the ass of ever senator and representative in Congress. Not to mention they are daddy Trump's bffs.

Matthew Richardson
Matthew Richardson

What's it like to have zero (0) imagination and have to follow an instruction manual to have fun?

What's it like having so little imagination you can't make super awesome stuff from the giant pile of lego you get from all the sets you bought over the years.

Leo Morales
Leo Morales

mercedes benz of manhattan is manufacturer owned and operated

Eli Wood
Eli Wood

Buckets lack the super cool pieces that come in the specific sets though.

Dylan Nguyen
Dylan Nguyen

Beverly appears for 2 seconds
LMAO so fucking racist back then

Gavin Peterson
Gavin Peterson

A PE firm basically bought out all the investors by taking a huge loan then stripping Toys R Us of assets
How the hell do they make money doing this? Do the investors just undervalue their shares compared to the assets of the company?

Jackson Hernandez
Jackson Hernandez

That's what being an adult is all about. Build by instruction and keep it that way.

The younger audience builds whatever

Ethan Young
Ethan Young

Never went on a digital adventure as a child.
Still hurts a bit.

Wyatt Diaz
Wyatt Diaz

he didn't go on digital adventures discovering porn through dial-up
shiggity diggity doo

James Brown
James Brown

Can't blame a child who has grown up in an era of touchscreen to know how a Game Boy works.
That being said parents really shouldn't be giving children their own phone below the age of 12 imo.

Matthew Martinez
Matthew Martinez

Build by instruction and keep it that way.
I know a bunch of adults who can't follow instructions to assemble simple furniture. Also, as an adult you actually have more or less the same creativity as a kid, the difference is that a kid is pretty satisfied building simple things over and over again, an adult wants to build something big to be satisfied but they don't have the patience to do it. In other hand, I also know adults who love build by instruction, is relaxing for them.

Parker Nguyen
Parker Nguyen

Not an argument that is valid with the given facts.
Sorry, I don't understand how it isn't related or important. Even if "sales were rebounding", considering the massive amount of unmoved product, it's hard to see it all just being "lol those capitalists!".

Grayson Green
Grayson Green

I never expected a toy movie to go as meta as The Lego movie did.

Xavier Edwards
Xavier Edwards

I know this is supposed to be cute....but this absolutely disgusts me.

Attached: 1464931573546.jpg (15 KB, 400x309)

Ian Murphy
Ian Murphy

I remember the day I bought my N64 at Toys R Us. I bought Donkey Kong 64 when the employee was telling me to pick up Mario Tennis. I bought it soon after used at Blockbuster.
I ended up working there years later. I worked there for three years and made friends I still hang out with today. I got fired for a bullshit reason in a witch hunt.

I also remember getting pissed some asshole kid was hogging the gamecube demo kiosk because I wanted to play Luigi's Mansion.

Ian Myers
Ian Myers

youtube.com/watch?v=JcBRsy2-Rrk

Noah Morgan
Noah Morgan

m-muh small businesses

If they want to succeed, they have to incentivize the customer better than the big dogs.

Brandon Scott
Brandon Scott

What's with the wrist motion

Thomas Rodriguez
Thomas Rodriguez

Not making your own Toa with Bionicles.

William James
William James

why isn't this working expression. if i understand what you're referring to

Parker Thompson
Parker Thompson

You could say the same thing about Toys R Us and yet people ITT are still crying about it.

Jordan Clark
Jordan Clark

Not him but read the thread. Local stores have/had their ways to incentivize the costumer but big chains always pull some bullshit, one example are exclusives, small stores and customers doesn't like this practice because is a bullshit way to compete and is anti-consumer.

Liam Long
Liam Long

Yes they watch kids play with other toys to see what they want. Then tell their parents what they want. My niece got all her christmas ideas from youtube videos off the ipad. Then she got the toys, and played with them.

Nathan Brooks
Nathan Brooks

...do they not own a television?

Anthony Murphy
Anthony Murphy

Thanks.

Lucas Rodriguez
Lucas Rodriguez

A guy in front of me in line at the coffee shop this morning told me that he lives next to a Sam's Club that closed down last year, and that the National Guard has it blocked off and walled up. He also said that there's strange, loud machinery sounds coming from it at random points in the day. He thinks they're up to something really bad, and that he's gonna leave the country, and said some other stuff but I kinda tuned him out after a while.

I'd heard of this whole BLARG FEMA DEATH CAMPS!!! theory before and, admittedly, I never was much a conspiracy person, but- hypothetically speaking- if some kind of sudden climate/geopolitical turmoil came about and made the federal government decide to round up and eliminate millions of citizens, I can't really think of anywhere better than closed up big box stores. Lots of space, high ceilings, backup generators, a huge square parking lot for organizing and sorting people, huge freezer units... and best of all, no one can see what's going on inside. Converting a big box store into a concentration/extermination camp would be (again, HYPOTHETICALLY) pretty easy without raising too much suspicion.

Anyways, I don't really believe that this is happening, but it's an interesting thing to ponder. I guess it's kinda weird that all these big chain stores are shuttering all at once after all these years of competing against online retail. It's also weird that the original architects for most big box chains designed prisons too.

Attached: 1519705688807.png (135 KB, 325x282)

Cameron Brown
Cameron Brown

Ironically kids are smarter than they seem. She probably learned that larger screens are for watching and smaller handheld ones are touch sensitive

Aaron Sullivan
Aaron Sullivan

I got some Dragon Ball Super Hit Funko Pops. No faggot I don't collect the fucking things I just want to resell them. I DID however get a Launch stylish figure for myself.

Chase Ortiz
Chase Ortiz

I MISS ZANY BRAINY! My grandparents used to take me, and I'd always buy new packs of Crazy Bones there....

Brayden Butler
Brayden Butler

FUCKING SHIT

I just walked into one yesterday looking for this, but instead was met with the "Walmart/Target" setup, so fucking boring

Carter Howard
Carter Howard

That's really sad actually. Their big stores are always cool

Alexander Hernandez
Alexander Hernandez

people still think TRU is going out of business because kids stopped liking toys and not because of private equity executives bleeding them dry

Attached: That+was+damn+good+take+all+my+thumbs+.jpg (10 KB, 299x200)

Ethan Diaz
Ethan Diaz

Is target really good now? I used to work at walmart and that was a complete shitshow.

Xavier Rodriguez
Xavier Rodriguez

Activist groups, like the PTA, were on a rampage in the late 80's-early 90's. Cartoons were frequently hammered for being "30 minute toy commercials", with parents giving speeches like "There's nothing on TV for my kids to watch without being sold something!" Thus, TV toy tie-ins got axed, and in their place now are those federally mandated "Educational/Informative" safari adventures or whatever you see on the weekends.

Same thing happened to the McDonaldland characters, and why there are no more toys in Happy Meals.

Jace Ross
Jace Ross

Is target really good now?
It's always been decent and even longer been better than walmart.

Eli Moore
Eli Moore

true answer: it's illegal to show the product your show has tie-ins with during the airing
this includes in the show itself (hence why power rangers morphers generally look different, and why yu-gi-oh cards in the show don't look like the actual ones) and not airing the commercials for the show's products during the show itself (after and before is just fine)

Eli Clark
Eli Clark

user.

The Wii released twelve years ago.

Someone could have gotten a Wii for their seventh birthday and currently be a functioning adult.

Attached: 1511090530958.jpg (247 KB, 800x1000)

Jack Cooper
Jack Cooper

I tried working at Teavana for a month. Though being owned by Starbucks, a common misconception was that they were "the Starbucks of tea", which they weren't.

They were a mall boutique store, a high pressure sales gig. Some of the guys stood outside the door, badgering customers and trying to drag them in. Once inside, the other guys would push the tea onto them. Smell this, smell that. Oh would you like a sample? Why don't you take an ounce home today? How about five? We're having a special. Of course you're going to need some tea accessories to go with that.

Then they were sent on their way with their cute little $150 Teavana bag.

Wait, isn't this like Starbucks? Can't I just get a cup of tea? Can't I sit anywhere and drink while I read something? Uh-huh. Needless to say, it didn't jive with many, and was doomed.

Joshua Bailey
Joshua Bailey

This makes me sad, but they really have nothing I want or need; I'm PC guy.

Attached: 1516126784714.jpg (207 KB, 687x613)

Nathan Roberts
Nathan Roberts

Zany Brainy
The 187 stores in 34 states were stocked with over 20,000 high quality, non-violent, safe, gender-neutral, and educational toys
non-violent, safe, gender-neutral, and educational toys

Attached: Facebook-·-87c8f7.png (179 KB, 500x636)

Julian Perry
Julian Perry

18 year old here. Godamn you old men are pathetic.

Henry Lewis
Henry Lewis

30+ here, raise your T; you're embarrassing your gender.

Attached: 1520195807279.jpg (80 KB, 440x292)

Andrew Scott
Andrew Scott

Toys r Us is going under because they tried to SELL video games.
They always sold video games. They've been doing that for over 30 years. I bought an Atari game there when I was a kid. The fuck are you talking about?

Robert Long
Robert Long

Fuck, years ago one store was moving. I got a bunch of strategy guides. The last few days there were at least a hundred copies of Umbrella Chronicles for $1 each. I only got one, but should have got at dozen. But who knows if I would have made the effort to flip them.
Years earlier when 7th gen was coming out they had 1,000 block GC memory cards for $5. I only got one.

Nicholas Wilson
Nicholas Wilson

Seriously, good for Tesla.
If the taxi monopoly can nearly be killed, I'm sure dealerships can be brought down as well.

Evan Bennett
Evan Bennett

It's a commercial about materialism with no shame. Relax.

Jayden Jackson
Jayden Jackson

TFW you now how to grow up

Hunter Russell
Hunter Russell

hard to say if this was a bad or good thing to happen

Nolan Gray
Nolan Gray

doing just fine in canada
Malls might be doing just fine, but brick and mortar videogame stores certainly aren't.
plus who would buy games at TRU anyway, they fucking ruin them with their shitty anti theft devices that crush the boxes and shit.

Yeah I mad that leaf TRU's ain't closing down so I can get cheap shit.

Attached: ebPOP.png (1.44 MB, 1200x900)

Josiah Hill
Josiah Hill

Shame, their marketing campaigns were pretty good. Sorta instilled me with a sense of childlike wonder.
apply to the 3 stores that the target carreers website will let me
pick out the 3 positions the site will let me
get turned down for all applications within a day
have to wait 60 days before I can apply to any of the other, like, 60 something jobs they have
Yeah fuck Target.
19 year old here, you're a fucking idiot. Nostalgia escapes no-one.

Attached: 1498022551079.png (578 KB, 720x576)

Oliver Ramirez
Oliver Ramirez

Bought MGS3 and JAK 3 from Toys R Us. Two of my favorite games of all time. It was always fun to Christmas shop there. Will be missed.

Elijah Parker
Elijah Parker

Your applications didn't even get seen by a human if you got turned down that fast, the software filtered you out.

That's the unfortunate reality with most retail work, the chance that a human ever reads your resume/application is infinitesimal, so much so you need to resort to search engine optimization tier tactics and put a shit ton of buzzwords and keywords to spice it up and pray that whatever 'applicant management' software they use isn't configured to suss out that you're trying to game it.

Angel Parker
Angel Parker

tfw you'll never be a kid again buying Sock Em Boppers and those stupid bounce shoes at Toys R Us ever again

Brandon Gonzalez
Brandon Gonzalez

I work at toys r us. Ask me anything.

Jason Flores
Jason Flores

apply to a Macys once in ancient times
apply during seasonal hiring like seven years later
"our studies say people's personalities never change so no assessment for you"

Ryder Reyes
Ryder Reyes

You got pieces that you didn't get common in other sets, like the 90 degree angle glass wall and the orange transparent chainsaw.

Jonathan Torres
Jonathan Torres

I have a lot of questions.

How often do you want to kill yourself?
What went wrong in our lives?
What happened to that giraffe?
Will Chuck E Cheese go out of business?
What happened to all the cool shit at Chuck E Cheese?
Ever feel disgusted with yourself after watching porn?
Do you think the giraffe will be in the new Smash Bros?

Zachary Williams
Zachary Williams

Do you have battletoads?

Benjamin Richardson
Benjamin Richardson

Did you ever meet Clint Stevens?

Christian Peterson
Christian Peterson

God, fuck this post-web 2.0 corporate-norm bullshit. I just want to wageslave long enough to get an apartment so I can fuck off to college and get on with my career. Put a fucking human in front of me, not these fucking cold soulless webpages.

Attached: 1504836045520.png (15 KB, 426x407)

Carson Stewart
Carson Stewart

1. Daily
2. In my life my dad was never home and my mom drank and forced me to drop out
3. He's child molester
4. Chuck e cheese is safe for now
5. I went to one last year. Had lots of cool arcade games still.
6. No
7. Tbh the kids think he's scary

Zachary Brown
Zachary Brown

That's the unfortunate reality with most retail work, the chance that a human ever reads your resume/application is infinitesimal, so much so you need to resort to search engine optimization tier tactics and put a shit ton of buzzwords and keywords to spice it up and pray that whatever 'applicant management' software they use isn't configured to suss out that you're trying to game it.
Why not just go to the store in question and give them the application?

Ryder Price
Ryder Price

DIGITAL STYLE

Jackson Jenkins
Jackson Jenkins

Once when I was rearranging the area where we store games in a special room for overstock I found a copy and took it home. My store was made in the 70s and found all kinds of hidden stuff.
I have not.

Mason Jones
Mason Jones

I forgot they even fucking existed. I haven't been to TRU in forever. I think the last time I set foot in one I bought Phantasy Star Online for Dreamcast.

Attached: 1521002222232.png (109 KB, 640x480)

Luis Rodriguez
Luis Rodriguez

They will literally hand you a card with a URL on it, American retail is a fucking joke.

Jaxon Gutierrez
Jaxon Gutierrez

What happened to the ball pit, mazes and all that at Chuck E Cheese? I don't want to sound like a 90's nostalgiafag, but it was far superior in our day.

Jordan Peterson
Jordan Peterson

They got rid of the ball pits because of sanitation issues. I miss them to.

Kevin Lee
Kevin Lee

The largest lender gets paid back first. So when the company is being liquidated they make back what they lent and get the interest as profit. This only works if the company gets run into the ground. Which is why they do that. It' a jewish scam and should be illegal

Dylan King
Dylan King

I got my N64 from Toys R Us
Them selling vidya is nothing new. Kids these days have grown up without any parenting whatsoever, just smartphones, tablets and adderall from dumbass ill prepared for children they didn't even want.

Dylan Johnson
Dylan Johnson

I think the last time I set foot in one I bought Phantasy Star Online for Dreamcast.
The last games I bought there were FF7 and Gran Turismo after thinking the box art was cool. I came back the next day to get a memory card..I just got a PS1..

Kayden White
Kayden White

Chuck E Cheeses is still around.

Attached: FNAF.webm (293 KB, 540x360)

Robert Hall
Robert Hall

Most don't even have paper applications anymore and they will always tell you to apply online, specifically so their software can make the decision, not a person. If a person makes the decision to give you an interview, that's a gamble. If it's software making the choice, it has done careful analysis and run the numbers to determine whether you are worth the risk before you even get a callback. No emotions or personal biases involved, just statistics and behavioral analysis.

Benjamin Gutierrez
Benjamin Gutierrez

My kids love watching Ryan and stuff on YouTube. It makes Christmas shopping hella easy because they can see what they actually like and think critically about what a toy does before asking for it

Austin Sanchez
Austin Sanchez

You didn't miss much. Trust me here: that place is a fate worse than death.
what filthy business is going on in the restroom this time
Is it a drug deal?
Is it a sex ring?
Is it a seemingly harmless old lady getting ready for her retirement heist?
And if they're in there, where are the people shitting? (screams from changing room)
Find out on tomorrow's episode!

Samuel Ortiz
Samuel Ortiz

Holy shit. It's been over a decade since I've done that, so I had no idea.

Brody Lopez
Brody Lopez

No. It was from their prices on toys. Why pay $1.09 for a hot wheel when I can go to Walmart and get for .94 cents? Their prices were consistently higher than other retailers. Only ever did good around Christmas time.

Juan Wright
Juan Wright

I only give money to the ancaps, not the globalist caps.

Juan Nelson
Juan Nelson

What is the source of this picture?

Tyler Butler
Tyler Butler

I will never forgive Chuck E Cheese.
Damn that fucking rat.

Parker Jackson
Parker Jackson

I worked at a small video game store a long time ago. Easiest job I've ever had in my life. Basically after tasks, etc. we were allowed to do whatever. If the store was empty our manager let us play vidya. It was such a slow store I was basically getting paid to take shits and play snes.

Bigger retail is soul crushing though. Did that for a bit as well and wanted to kill most of my coworkers.

Evan Reyes
Evan Reyes

I did the same thing when first getting a PS1 and Dreamcast. Memory cards would always slip my mind.

Benjamin Gomez
Benjamin Gomez

I want to go back.

Attached: FAOBionicle.jpg (156 KB, 450x337)

Joshua Allen
Joshua Allen

When I worked at toys r us and the store got busy I would sit in the back room or take a shit and it would be over an hour before someone needed my help. They just assumed I was doing back of house work.

Hudson Rivera
Hudson Rivera

being a faggot

Jordan Scott
Jordan Scott

Bobby Heenan dead
Big Show retiring
Mark Henry retired
Triple H looks like a roided up freak who only wrestles once a year
where has time gone...

Daniel Rodriguez
Daniel Rodriguez

Fuck, my switch replacement plan is useless now. inb4 my launch switch dies the day after they shut down all the stores.

Blake Turner
Blake Turner

I miss FAO Schwarz
they were overpriced, but just going there and seeing all the cool stuff they had was an experience. They had a much bigger selection than TRU.

Ian Edwards
Ian Edwards

Go SWITCH it now before it closes

Nathaniel Sanders
Nathaniel Sanders

what have they done to you Chuck

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (177 KB, 1280x720)

Jack Scott
Jack Scott

Is it actually possible to run Citra without dumping the files off a legit 3ds now?
If so, how? I have a 3ds but it's bricked.

Christopher Cox
Christopher Cox

I don't really keep up with wrestling shit and haven't seen any of it since the 90s.
Is that Stone Cold Steve Austin in a WCW shirt? What the fuck?

Jonathan Hall
Jonathan Hall

before he was "Stone Cold" Steve Austin in WWF he was "Stunning" Steve Austin in WCW

Attached: tumblr-n06syj3JBM1sg99p0o1-r1-1280.png (2.91 MB, 1089x1438)

Nathaniel Scott
Nathaniel Scott

I'm probably whiter than you.

Wyatt Nelson
Wyatt Nelson

hair
What.

Zachary Torres
Zachary Torres

tfw you were the sole dude who worked in receiving

it was a good job at the time

Aaron Howard
Aaron Howard

I would take my kid there once every weekend for doing good in school. I'm gonna miss it. It's much more fun being in a toy store than shopping online or Walmart even if you do pay a few bucks more.

Liam Taylor
Liam Taylor

Government regulation paid for by capitalist entities is indeed capitalism, yes.
Unless you think the laws preventing manufacturers from direct selling were somehow NOT lobbied for.

Jack Rivera
Jack Rivera

youtube.com/watch?v=I1ofD2jyBcA

he looks better without it imo

Nicholas Cox
Nicholas Cox

my dude

Attached: 15679578574.jpg (2.45 MB, 2500x2000)

Noah Price
Noah Price

last time I tried that, the hiring manager literally took my application and threw it in the trash in front of me.
Then this cunt said, "The instructions on our website say online applications only. If you can't even follow that you definitely can't work here."

Jackson Scott
Jackson Scott

I raped someone in toys r us back room way back in the day. Back when women were afraid to speak up. She quit the same day.

Ryder Davis
Ryder Davis

Sounds like you dodged a bullet.

Nicholas Hughes
Nicholas Hughes

Man I remember going there when I was 11, bought Conker's Bad Fur Day for the N64 and the fuckers didn't even ID me. It was great.

Attached: 1458608316548.png (60 KB, 171x219)

Alexander Brooks
Alexander Brooks

just reading that triggered me and now i'm going to the police for visual rape #timesup #metoo

Caleb Rivera
Caleb Rivera

I remember hearing two guys killing each other on Black Friday, unrelated to the sales.

Lincoln Ramirez
Lincoln Ramirez

Kinda sad. Toys R Us was the first job I ever had. Easiest interview I ever had, it was a group interview, we were separated into two tables. We had to work together as a team to build things with legos and tinker toys. Then they made us go out to the floor and pick any toy we wanted. We had to come back and "sell" it to the interviewer, list off good points about the product and what it does and stuff. It was really cool. It was super nice for a first "interview".

Attached: 1393209422363.jpg (122 KB, 599x605)

Owen Roberts
Owen Roberts

What toy did you pick?

Jace Jenkins
Jace Jenkins

It's been so long I don't even remember. I think it was something from the science area, with all the cool experiment/educational toys.

Nathan Gonzalez
Nathan Gonzalez

Bain?

Attached: 1506876188984.jpg (100 KB, 640x960)

Ryder Smith
Ryder Smith

they'll still exist, there just wont be any stores in the us

Oliver Carter
Oliver Carter

That's not what happened, venture capitalists bought the company and then loaded it up with debt so they could then short the company by selling off all of its real estate holdings it has fuck all to do with toys.

Luke Collins
Luke Collins

Yeah, but I live in the US, so it's basically gone and dead to me.

Evan Murphy
Evan Murphy

no it's closing world wide

John Robinson
John Robinson

do milk

Nicholas Cox
Nicholas Cox

nope
nytimes.com/2018/03/14/business/toy-r-us-closing.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Attached: file.png (564 KB, 763x677)

Bentley Hall
Bentley Hall

having 3rd world internet
Must suck huh

Nicholas Davis
Nicholas Davis

You're a dumb fucking cunt, car manufacturerers have dealerships all over the place

Jackson Cox
Jackson Cox

I think I remember doing that. I know the store was understaffed and the six or eight they hired I was the only one to stay on for more than a month.
Worked everywhere and eventually settled in video games.
Was a shitty and boring job though. I think second or third month I found some guy OD'd in the bathroom. The store wasn't even in a bad town.
Few others were working most days and cameras weren't hooked up, so I would go the the stock room and take some Coke and Reese's.

Juan Johnson
Juan Johnson

man i hate niggas
all they do is ask for discounts and buy clearance

Attached: 1518587965855.jpg (16 KB, 236x236)

James Harris
James Harris

This is cute but it hurts me at the same time.

Attached: SfXRLCX.jpg (168 KB, 1920x1080)

Ryder Wood
Ryder Wood

Could have been good but you tried too hard after the sweating part.

Hudson Russell
Hudson Russell

this is a better article it may stay open in Canada but that's it

globalnews.ca/news/4083991/bid-submitted-for-toys-r-us-canada/

Daniel Gomez
Daniel Gomez

Jesus. I used to work at Go Daddy and that place was fucking crazy. We had go carts and a tiny area to play volley ball (with actual sand!) and a free flowing beer tap. There was a group of guys I worked with that would snort Coke in the bathroom all the time. My boss totally knew about it but didn't give a shit because they got their work done.

Attached: 1467081528321.jpg (65 KB, 625x606)

Luke Williams
Luke Williams

getting older
everyone starts having babies
have an excuse to go to TRU because they're all registered at Babies R Us
now that shits fucking gone
might have to go into a real baby store

fuck I hope they just register at Target from now or some shit

Hunter Thompson
Hunter Thompson

Meanwhile, the U.K. branch of Toys “R” Us announced Tuesday it would shutter all 75 locations in the country
That's a lot, but I was surprised to learn how many are in countries other than the US. Japan has over a hundred.

Samuel Collins
Samuel Collins

THESE SYSTEMS ARE FAILLING

Nicholas Price
Nicholas Price

Wasn't nearly that bad at the one I went to, the worst they tried to do was give me a little more on the scale than I asked for to get some extra cents, which just takes not being weak to avoid.

Brandon Perez
Brandon Perez

i don't miss the pinworms.

Cooper Taylor
Cooper Taylor

I forgot how fast these would fly off shelves. Seeing their 2015 release get only a sliver of the lego isle of my local target hurts

Ayden Richardson
Ayden Richardson

yup, it's a pretty shitty situation, can you imagine being so greedy you intentionally put this many people out of work? In the 80's we called this Vulture Capitalism and it looks like it's making a comeback.

Bentley James
Bentley James

Attached: Nickelodeon-Studios-in-Hard-Rock-Cafe.jpg (726 KB, 1632x1232)

Jackson Russell
Jackson Russell

Bain?!

Attached: CIA.jpg (79 KB, 716x768)

Ethan Scott
Ethan Scott

big guy for you DDDDDDD

Nolan Edwards
Nolan Edwards

hell, this could be the old one in orlando. fuckin loved going there as a kid. got a bunch of transformers and even a few pokemon events too.

jesus the captcha is a storefront.

Jose Adams
Jose Adams

Where I live, Toys 'R Us came and went away pretty quickly because they had no chance to compete with everyone else

Mason Johnson
Mason Johnson

go to Toy R Us
prices of shit is inflated
barely anyone in the store. the ones that work there dont give a fuck because they get payed shit
isles and isles of even more expensive toys that are only there to sell to rich people
the affordable stuff is the same shit you can get at the dollar store ffor half the price

Connor Reyes
Connor Reyes

tfw Disney for some reason wanted the Toys R Us brand to die so they sabotaged Star Wars so much that no one would want to go to Toys R Us and by Star Wars toys and this is just a huge conspiracy

Thomas Kelly
Thomas Kelly

TRU died mainly for two reasons.

First:
Amazon

Nobody goes to the store to buys toys anymore. People only order shit online. Why bother going to a store in person when you get order shit with a few clicks? TRU simply failed to jump on the digital train.

Second:
Star Wars

Kids do not like Nu-Wars shit at all so its all rotting in the stores. Hasbro and other companies have deals with Disney and so produce tons of shit for them which later ends up blocking the stores. Hell, even the never failing LEGO Corporation made a loss last year due to disappointing Star Wars Lego sales. And LEGO really never failed before. They even axed their Bionicle Reboot which wasn't doing all that bad in order to shit out those ugly Star Wars figures instead.
Hasbro will survive atleast thanks to great Transformers sales.

Benjamin Phillips
Benjamin Phillips

I live near a Chuck E Cheeses that still has that yellow shirt Chuck E Cheese

Kayden Long
Kayden Long

Why bother going to a store in person when you get order shit with a few clicks?
As an adult, sure. There was nothing better than going there as a kid. Going to a movie and TRU would have been an amazing day for me as kid. I never actually got much there, but it was awesome walking up and down the huge aisles filled with toys.

Attached: 1510711831254.png (1.24 MB, 1280x853)

Wyatt Hernandez
Wyatt Hernandez

And parents don't have the time anymore to go with their kids.

Wages have been declining for a while and many formerly mid-tier income households now struggle to maintain their position with additional jobs.

The traditional family household is dying. The average family now send their kids to a daycare while they work +60h a week.

Austin Nguyen
Austin Nguyen

I don't think they're specifically sad Toys R Us is going out of business, but moreover that physical toys are becoming less prevalent. And they're probably not even sad about that, they're just realizing they're getting old, and what used to be familiar is now a pleasant memory.

Attached: young-carl.jpg (12 KB, 480x360)

Henry Carter
Henry Carter

HEY THIS IS FUN!

Joseph James
Joseph James

Asian drivers

Attached: TERTIARY.png (126 KB, 394x325)

Angel Lewis
Angel Lewis

Play Finding Paradise. Pirate it if you have to. Might help you find a smidgen of closure.

Kayden Cook
Kayden Cook

Fuck that store. My parents never once took me there as a kid and now I'm a bitter 30 year old man and I choose to direct my anger at the store. Fuck em.

Cooper Reyes
Cooper Reyes

Tfw also 22 but feel old as dirt
Acknowledge that the people telling you 22 is nothing are correct, and it's still quite young
Dread how I'll feel when I'm legitimately old

Attached: you-are-forgiven.gif (528 KB, 735x538)

Michael Campbell
Michael Campbell

I mean Coca-Cola

Cameron Perry
Cameron Perry

These things were 10 Canadabucks back in the day
Yet provided a ridiculous amount of entertainment

Carson Cruz
Carson Cruz

well not your fault if you live in america anyway, if you had suddenly been an adult in the 90s then yes you could have had a job and bought a ton of legos and been happy.

Jordan Rogers
Jordan Rogers

Canada likely gets to keep Toys R Us.
Feels good bros. Finally we get to keep one that you dont after Radioshack and that failed attempt at Target.

Cooper Murphy
Cooper Murphy

It's gonna piss me the fuck off when little bastards start smudging up my screens trying to swipe shit.

Andrew Diaz
Andrew Diaz

why the fuck would you buy 3ds games

Owen Nelson
Owen Nelson

You build it once, deconstruct it, and then build your own stuff.

William Butler
William Butler

He would have been in HS when iPhomes became a thing. I remember everyone had BBS in grade 8.

Luis Wright
Luis Wright

welcome to the world
welcome to the world
welcome to the world of toys

Juan Thomas
Juan Thomas

NO IT'S COMING BACK
IT'S GONNA BE STUCK IN MY HEAD FOR DAYS
Y U DO DIS user

Charles Young
Charles Young

I feel bad we can never say "let's hang out at toysrus" in a cyberpunk utopia with heavy rain

Christian Harris
Christian Harris

Shitpost.
Children still play with toys. Kids still go out and ball play hockey till dinnertime.
I'm more baffled trying to think what normalfags of my generation did after dinner when they slowly grew out of toys. None of them seemed to play singleplayer vidya, there was no real online vidya, and they didn't shitpost IRC, BBS services or Sup Forums. Did they just watch TV with commercials and pray something good was on? I've never thought about it before.

Parker Perry
Parker Perry

Choose your character.

Attached: toy-r-us.jpg (30 KB, 404x404)

Oliver Cooper
Oliver Cooper

pray something good was on
The schedule was set. They could all gather around the telly and watching a certain show together at a certain time.
That's what I did with my family. We would all watch Mrs. Bucket together at the end of the day.

Bentley Smith
Bentley Smith

2001 one shit his pants after 9/11

sounds about right

88/99 are the best, reminds me of a banjo kazooie design

Kevin Wood
Kevin Wood

fucking 2001 and 2007 are a joke, right? mine was 1988. i never realized how gay they looked.

Lincoln Sanchez
Lincoln Sanchez

Yeah I know.
There were shows I watched prenetflix. But I meant in the meantime. Like outside of when your show is airing. I used to watch a lot of Letterman but only cause I had the dank EST feeds to watch it early.
Fuck just thinking about trying to watch cable as a kid when I was at home sick gives me ptsd.

Ryan James
Ryan James

That's what I did with my family.
Shit was comfy. I can't think of anything on TV now that had the same chill that 90's shows I'd watch at night with my family had.

Luke Campbell
Luke Campbell

Fuck just thinking about trying to watch cable as a kid when I was at home sick gives me ptsd.
The Price is Right music gives me an instant headache. It reminds me of when I was home with a fever and it was the only shit on TV.

Sebastian Richardson
Sebastian Richardson

Perfectly normal, kids and young teens expect everything to have a touchscreen. I work at a computer store, and we have to daily clean the MacBook screens because of fingerprints

Logan Barnes
Logan Barnes

Seinfeld reruns were the safest bet or hoping a movie was on. But yeah I think that was an all to popular one for me as well.

Isaac Reed
Isaac Reed

TRU is dead because you refused to buy this

Are you happy now?

Attached: DWRBkLoW0AAdJNK.jpg (186 KB, 1200x900)

Cooper Rogers
Cooper Rogers

1988 was the logo of my childhood. I remember every Toys R Us had that huge walk in area with all the shopping carts and the mural, and I would immediately start to get incredibly excited.

Jack Lewis
Jack Lewis

For me it was courtroom television. There was an entire block from like 1-5 where that was the only shit on every network.

Evan Thompson
Evan Thompson

Judge Marilyn Milian from the People's Court was my favorite.

Jaxon Jones
Jaxon Jones

Same. Early to mid 00s Marilyn Milian is literally the reason for my milf fetish. I especially liked when she would get angry and start yelling with a Spanish accent.

Grayson Taylor
Grayson Taylor

look at the skylander bubble,
They did fewer toys this time in the recent games and disney did to many figures that nobody asked like the marvel and star wars line in disney infinity.

Ryder Rogers
Ryder Rogers

Any chances switch will be on sale?

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit