Is this worth getting...

Is this worth getting? i'm thinking maybe i'll wait for the PC version when it can be ran at 60FPS but I wanted to play this as I never played the originals much growing up. Are they good compared to the originals? I heard it has some issue with the physics or something.

Attached: crash.jpg (300x168, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/joshmancell/sets/music-for-video-games-crash
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The "problems" with the physics will only be noticed by those who played the original and can't adjust to it being slightly different. It's only significantly noticeable in the bridge levels in Crash 1.

Attached: 762394876923746.jpg (743x743, 282K)

>will only be noticed by those who played the original and can't adjust to it being slightly different

Except they didn't adjust the level design at all so a lot of jumps that used to be trivial are now a pain. The whole "Dark Souls of platformers" meme may be hyperbole but it didn't come from nowhere, the remaster fucked up a lot of jumps. It's most noticeable in the bridge levels but it's everywhere.

Hopefully the PC version gets a decent fan patch that fixes it.

Was it true this was made with the unity engine? I heard that was the issue the physics have pill box hit boxes so you can slide off shit easily. I also heard the turtles on the bridge are a pain in the ass.

I haven't played the remake, but I can tell you that the first Crash is actually shit, so skip it if you can. There are only two good games in the series.

yes, the hitbox in the ps1 games were cubes/squares but in the remaster it uses the default pill-shaped hitbox which is why youve been slipping and falling to your death
pc version might be fun if you can mod the hi-jump in

It's not Unity. I don't remember the name of the engine, but the problem with slipping off shit is present in pretty much all games now, I guess because it suits realistic action adventure and FPS games being like that. It's a bad solution for platformers, though.

Does this game let you use the classic sound track or graphics? more games need to do shit like that, Dragon's Trap did and it was great.

I hope the hitbox is something a mod can fix. I'll probably get this and deal with it just for the QoL stuff, but it's a shame when a remake does something worse like this.

It's actually way more noticeable in Crash 2 and 3

You couldn't have the original graphics, because it's made from the ground up with none of the original assets and a new physics engine, so it would be extremely dodgy at best. Expect a shitty mod for that.

Original music, however, that's something I've wanted for a decade now. It's got to be the uncompressed versions, though, like these right here.

soundcloud.com/joshmancell/sets/music-for-video-games-crash

Then there's this faggot

Is the PC version even confirmed for 60 fps? I know it's pretty obvious considering it's pc, but it's strange that they never gave the option for console users with a lower resolution.

Attached: ackchyually-actually-meme[1].png (320x306, 30K)

no, cresh is shit

If it isn't, it is within 24 hours after release.

It was made in the Alchemy engine, which is Vicarious Vision's in-house engine.

Crash was never good (ok, maybe CTR). People of a certain age have a blind nostalgia for that awkward growing pains era of 3D games. Mario 64 later Spyro did a better job at 3D platforming. Crash deserves to stay in the 90s 'tude mascot bin along with Sonic, Bubsy and Cool Spot.

I agree Crash Bandicoot never really had good platforming to begin with. Everything is really easy and 3-D platformers just don't really work that well or offer the same kind of challenge.

Keep telling yourself that, weirdo.

Attached: Eeey.gif (294x384, 2.99M)

I doubt it would happen since I imagine the bulk of the fans already got it on the PS4 when it was first released.
But I wonder what the reaction would be if it somehow sold more on the Switch than on PS4. Even if many months later and in competition with PC.

It'd be pretty funny I imagine.

How so? I thought it was built around the physics of Crash 3 and used equally among all 3 games.

It's already 60fps on ps4.

No

Why the fuck do people say Crash had attitude, the covers give him a cheeky grin and shit but in game he's basically a dumb cartoon character.

All they know about Crash is that someone dressed up in a shitty costume and yelled at Nintendo from a parking lot.

I got it yesterday and got to the first credits roll of Warped. It's nice and all but honestly there's no reason why you wouldn't just play the originals which are pretty timeless.

The broken hitboxes suck the fun right out of the game for me. Couldnt bring myself to finish 1 & 2 and I'm considering trading it in and replaying the originals instead.

That being said everything apart from the gameplay issues is great,

I tried to play 1 on PS1 a few years ago, and I've no nostalgia for it. The game really doesn't work out most of the time, and completionist requirements are far more wild than they should be.

You don't play games for nostalgia. I have plenty of games I have somewhat fond memories of, which are complete shit today, and Crash Bandicoot just isn't one of those that aged poorly.

I just meant that I don't have any rose-tinted glasses that make it look better than it is. I appreciate what they were trying to do, but Crash 1 just doesn't work out most of the time, especially when the camera is behind his back, which can fuck with depth perception a lot. It's a very janky game, but it's solid enough if you can look past that. I can't, though.

All you have to do is adapt to the new physics/hitbox. If you're not an idiot, you can play the game just as well as the originals. If you get frustrated immediately and refuse to learn, well then you suck more than the child version of yourself that did his best to get good at the old Crash games. What I'm saying is, it played fine, it's a good remake. It looks good, sounds good (with the exception of a few botched songs, but it's a trade off since some songs sound way better too), and feels good to play. The trilogy does come with the danger of burnout though. Playing all three quickly after one another will kill your enthusiasm/enjoyment.

>it can be ran at 60FPS
it might be locked at 30 though

These are kids platformers... god damn only people like polygon journalists would complain when you have to do more than just push one button
I shit you not there are people who whine that they need to do shit like collect all boxes to get a gem, woah! You actually have to do something? I want my QTE filled key jiggling movie game

Mario 64 was never good

The trailers etc are all 60 fps ran on pc.

not necessarily, you can simply render a video at 60FPS

Literally fuck off

Not entirely true. Trying to get the gems on some of the temple levels or on cortex power is a pain in the balls. I can't imagine how many broken controllers it takes to get the platinum ankhs

Attached: 1399423928665.jpg (500x362, 30K)

>60FPS
>everything happens twice as fast like Kingdom Hearts emulated
lmao

there has been a fix for that for years

yeah, its called 30FPS.