How do I get stronger in this game...

How do I get stronger in this game? I just beat the marionette (3rd boss) but I had to cheese it by throwing fireballs at it from in between the tables.

Please don't tell me I'm going to have to grind forge/crafting levels by spamming Cheap Hoes and then chug down Weapon Bread. Making them isn't the problem, it's getting rid of them afterwards that's annoying as fuck.

Attached: Rune_Factory_4.jpg (640x569, 113K)

you level up just by doing stuff. everything you do in the game is a skill that levels up as you do it. there's also items that give you more exp.

Is there a faster way of getting rid of unwanted items/equipment than slowly selecting them from the L menu, hold, throw into shipping bin?

There is a shortcut to grinding, involving enhancement of gear, weapons and armor. You basically are sticking items inside your gear to raise its item level which in turn makes it much, much stronger, but it is a bit convoluted and needs some research on what objects you have access to. It does make a world of difference.

Attached: 1521933840892.jpg (1024x768, 94K)

yes

not that OP but you can just select "look into box" and then you can drag and drop everything you want
usually I just loot everything and keep it until my inventory says it's full, then I dump everything into chests all at once

You just made my life easier, thanks. I had no idea you could take items out of the shipping bin. Is this new?

you can open up the bin just like your storage box and then move and press y to move things between the two inventories.
Three things to keep in mind, you'll need to know this if you want to tackle the third story arc and will help even now.
1) Shoes and Accesories can hold 3 passives. So for example if you put water walking shoes, wind resistant shoes, and fast walking shoes into say silver boots provided the games RNG doesn't fuck you you'll have silver shoes with all 3 of the inserted shoes effects. Asking Barret to appraise the shoes. If They aren't all there soft reset (L+R+Select+Start) and load to try again. Resistances don't transfer, so you can't transfer elemental brooches into one another.
2) Item level affects overall stats. An item crafted and upgraded with all level 10 items will have 200 bonus attack//68 def/mdef. Also including extra raw materials like a Diamond in the recipe will transfer its effects to the item but let you upgrade with that same material without the "duplicate penalty"
3) More importantly, item rarity affects you overall stats too. Want to know why those certain items are so difficult to upgrade with? It's not just their big bonuses like +50 str, int, and 160 vit it's because an item made and upgraded with only the rarest materials will get upwards of a bonus of 2000 attack// 800 def/mdef.

P.S. Don't go through rune Prana on hard unless you're a masochist.

If you are just starting the game, I highly recommend anyone playing to try your best to get first place in all the events, as the later npcs make the 2nd+ year events much harder to get 1st place in. The horse dude and fishing tournament come to mind.

>>I highly recommend anyone playing to try your best to get first place in all the events
>very first bean throwing contest
>got second place with 4k points
>first one 11k
ayy lmao
alsocraft invi sword

The buddy battle contest is the worst of them all imo after year one. You have to feed each monster an item every day, good ones, and that are level 10 to get the best bonus from it.
Year three (effectively my year 2) buddy battle. I enter my 160 Thunderbolt boss and Terribal Clone boss.
First battle is against Lumi's plants. They destroyed my guys effortlessly likely because the NPC doesn't need to care about the when/how to getting good feeding items.

Glad I won first year with my over powered tortoise and less so bird.

alright lads is Venti romanceable? the other girls didn't interest me that much so I honestly don't know who to go for

bean competition is hard but its entirely doable, u just have to hit every one of the good beans and no bad plates.

I had finished stage 2 of the campaign by year 1 and had a load of mid-end game monsters as pets, I absolutely destroyed everyone in the buddy battle. Is the scaling really that bad in further years?

you can scoot around with double tap run thing for speed boost.

nope, game is bullshit

Ive played this game for like 90 hours and did not know a lot of these

Yeah it's get's nuts. I tried year 9(game skips 5 years when you have a kid)
Was even worse. They got wrecked more than Ragnarok or even the True Elemental Dragons did to them. Glad I'm not a total completionist because with event scaling and random town events I dunno how you'd do it sanely, least while still actually enjoying your time in RF4.

I didn't my first playthrough but my second one i went in on hard mode and decided I'd complete all of Rune Prana and sharance maze. Ended up only doing the first 4 mazes as after that it just repeats basically. You will not complete this shit without max crafting/smithing as you need every piece of your gear to be loaded in bonus stats both from the items themselves and from the rarity bonus.

Guess I'll have to go for the chinese inn girl then. Forte and sleepy maid are cute. Illuminata is a cunt and I don't care about generic musician elf girl. Can you go after Amber? No pedo.

yes, you can't date lumi but you can totally make amber your baby mama.

Capture monsters around your level or at a higher level. If you want to cheese a good portion of the game you can capture a re knife goblin at the tower place and ride it, it'll decimate everything until the end of act 2.

If you want to power up your character, just grow plants and collect the spirit ball things each time a crop grows, they'll significantly boost your stats early in the game. Grow plants that regrow like strawberries to get the most.

However, at some point you will need to improve your gear, if you want to grind crafting skills cheaply, just upgrade items with junk materials/items over and over again (Like for example the hoes you're talking about). It's a bit tedious but you'll level up very quickly for very cheap.

Don't forget to equip a heart locket or w.e it's called prior. It looks like a silver heart. While it doesn't blatantly list "Gives +40% more exp to all skills" the flavor text will mention it increases exp gain.

The only way to get stronger is to grind smithing/crafting and chug bread to unlock better recipes
You can, alternatively, exploit the system and get extremely OP weapons with what said but that kills the fun

awesome mode is awesome

Attached: awesome level 1.jpg (640x480, 123K)

just like said, get that sword
I think it needs silver, I managed to get some ore from chests
if not, make bronze weapons leveling your crafting skill
I just beat marionette and crafting up to date equipment makes a huge difference (I couldn't even reach the boss)

also, press Y to make the items go straigth to the bin in that screen

Which girls is best? Usually i have trouble picking because theyre all good but here none of them really stand out to me.
Might just go with the inn because her mom is banging

Forte, she's the most stable imo
also cutie trying to be toughie

Forte is a qt, i like how shes scared of ghosts and likes desserts.
I guess its cool how theyve got a couple options for boys and girls but really who plays as a girl in !harvest moon

It does attract alot of girls into its fanbase, user.

Really? I guess that shouldnt surprise me but it still does.

>Also playing RF4 right now, on a second playthrough
>Look up how to forge good weapons
>mfw
Forging sure seems complicated. I really wasn't expecting this game to have any depth at all when I first picked it up.

To level up crafting and forging, the best option is probably just to make a bunch of basic hoes or shields and upgrade them with iron. Upgrading gives consistent exp and can be used to get a handful of crafting/forging levels a day, provided you have enough iron, which isn't very hard to get.
Also probably best to level up forging first to get a better hammer, sickle, and weapon then leveling yourself up to raise your RP cap significantly.

Attached: 48827502_p0.png (564x560, 167K)

>Forging is the most in-depth system in the game
>can't send monsters into mines to get materials for you
>the forged items are rarely worth much in comparison to the cost and effort to make them
Wasted potential

Don't forget to raise "chickens" and "cows" to make good food that also restores a shit load of energy. It's good money too. Just feed their own produce to them for awhile since it skyrockets their affection for you, getting you higher quality produce and therefore better food that's worth more.

>ignore fists for most of the game
>reach a reasonable level and try fists
>it instantly clicks with throws

Attached: 1520321819396.jpg (1280x720, 53K)