Convince me to sell my 6700k and upgrade to a amd 8350

convince me to sell my 6700k and upgrade to a amd 8350

those 8 cores look beefy and i really want amd

It's not what everyone describes it to be on this board. But hey you go right ahead...

That's a downgrade.

Only a 12 core Zen would be anything of an upgrade to 6700k, IF it comes out as well as they say.
I want AMD to succeed, I do, but I'm not going to be delusional and say the current FX series can compete with an i7 processor.
If you're going i7, price isn't a factor to you anyway (within limits).

the FX series is comparable to i5 ivy bridge.

Around that. Sometimes weaker, but other times stronger. Depends on the task. Not saying that its the worst ever, it definitely gets shat on by people who just want to shit on AMD - but it also gets love where it isn't truly justified.
If Zen comes out to be as strong as they expect, it should match Skylake or at least Haswell by some peoples calculations.
The big question will be the pricing - if it IS as strong as Intel, will they make the prices close but slightly under-cutting to compensate for the lack of marketshare? Or would they charge 1:1? Who knows.
Personally, I'm banking on something like a 8:6 ratio of Intel:AMD on a performance1:1, but we'll see.

stay mad

Yes goy! You need to buy more! MORE!
Buy more, eat more, think less, but different!
AMERICA!
M
E
R
I
C
A

>convince me to sell my 6700k and upgrade to a amd 8350
Would you like to be a part of a meme?

If you can't find a logical reason to upgrade (like you need more computing power to do your job) then what's the purpose of wasting money on stupid numbers for good goys?
Getting a new CPU just to shitpost more efficiently is not a valid reason.

What's your cpu?

> i really want amd
>I really want to be eating shit right off a plate and slurping up the stains

Go for it, user.

Not OP, but I'd love to hear of any good current AMD cpu's that compete well against the 4690(k).

newfag can't read image filename

Fx9590 is the only one and that's a 200w housefire.

Fx 9370 is the much better choice, or just buy an 8320/e and oc it.

Thanks for the tip.

no real reason to go amd if thats your cpu, if its a decision between the two... thats different.

right now we are in a "wait for zen" time due the potential.

if an 8 core zen came out at sandybrige power (what its at worst going to be) then that would be a valid reason to upgrade.

if single core is mission critical, i would say a 4790 or something and oc it may have been better then the 6700.

with amd i dont think it will be an "is this an upgrade?" question for anyone on a cpu less then 6 real cores, it will be, the question is will the upgrade be worth it.

and how much 8 cores has to offer, even if its just as a buffer so when shit demands more power you don't have programs lock up momentarily, that's valuable, its something an 8350 has, and 6 and 8 core intel, over an i5 and an i7, that does not show up in normal benchmarks, makes it worth upgradeing on that alone, however cost is the other factor that we just dont know.

because they are replacing an original msrp of 350$ sku with the 8 core, its reasonable to believe that will be the price or around there, its also reasonable to think that the "compete neck and neck with intel" price is also valid and very well could be. but keep in mind, the cpu is half the size of a 8350, they could go as low as 120$ and still not be in the red per cpu sold just to fuck with intel. because i honestly doubt intel can sustain its company with those margins.

personally, if i was amd, i would be out for blood, and i would make damn sure my cpu was the best, and the cheapest, to the point people ask why intel, i would force the price dynamic to forever shift, just as a gigantic middle finger to intel, and at 350$ it would bring in more profit per unit sold than the 8350 ever did.

any of the 8 "core" cpus beat it multithreading hands down, but it gets spanked single core.

its why for a long time an i5 was the go to for gaming, but with dx12 and vulcan, that may have changed.

> convince me to sell my 6700k and upgrade to a amd 8350
You can buy another one, you wealthy faggot.

You have to be trolling, if not see

I won't shill amd because I have an 8350 it is dog shit compared to anything past ivy bridge i5s and the 9590 is a joke. But i bought it cause i was on a tight budget and it has preformed fine at least for what i wanna do. I picked up a 3570k off a friend for cheap with a mobo and it preforms as good and sometimes better in some cases. With that being said I don't mind buying amd products, don't want a Intel and nvidia monopoly.(ik me buying there products wont help)