Based Samsung

Based Samsung.

Never again.

Other urls found in this thread:

samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/SSD/global/html/support/downloads.html
samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/SSD/downloads/software/Samsung_SSD_840_EVO_EXT0DB6Q.iso
samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/SSD/downloads/software/Samsung_SSD_840_EVO_EXT0DB6Q_Mac.iso
ec.europa.eu/justice/newsroom/data-protection/news/120125_en.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nice shop

Someone check if this is legit
If it is then holy kek

We gotta update the firmware on hard drives now? Fuck sake...

My 830 still works wonders even after 4 years of continuous usage, although after seeing what was happening with 840 evos I told myself I'll never buy samsung's SSD.

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

>[...] doesn't have this problem.

User choice? :^)

you can update it yourself manually

>collecting personal data because of and ssd

Holy shit mate this botnet thing is going nuts

RMS warned you, but you didn't want to listen

now all you can do is kill yourself
serves yall right

BOTNET
O
T
N
E
T

Because the concept of having a choice in a MacBook is laughable.

>He fell for the Samsung meme

H O L Y S H I T

C U C K
U
C
K

Is this legit, can someone confirm?

Nigger its a big difference when its the motherfucking hardware what tries to fuck you in the ass, you literally have no option.

Not everyone has access to a 100% free lemote pc like his and even then let me remind you there are no fully free hard drives, whatever stallman uses for storage is equally unfree as what you'll find in a macbook.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

confirmed

#REKT
#SICKBURN

TOPLELELELE

Bye Samsung and thanks for all the shit

shits real. fucking jewsung

>update implements collection of data
>I don't want my data collected
>ok firmware won't be installed
>OMG WTF SAMSHIT REEEEEE

This, you could probably burn the iso or update from msdos or some shit like that.

Since when is that "firmware" allowed in the first place?

it's not the hardware preventing the user from updating the firmware, it's the non-free software

>trusting the oriental jew at all

>samsung
good goys

>Trusting Koreans

Linux doesn't have this problem

here's the iso. get it before you have to sign in with facebook to dl
>samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/SSD/global/html/support/downloads.html
>samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/SSD/downloads/software/Samsung_SSD_840_EVO_EXT0DB6Q.iso
>samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/SSD/downloads/software/Samsung_SSD_840_EVO_EXT0DB6Q_Mac.iso

>to activate your new ram, please complete the survey at our webpage and log in with your facebook credentials to receive the activation email

delet this

really, you're only giving them ideas

>after seeing what was happening with 840 evos
??

I honestly don't get you guys.

>MUH BOTNET
>IT'S ALL A CONSPIRACY!
>THEY'RE TRACKING US!

Your phone calls are monitored, Google knows literally single thing about you, you're watched in supermarkets but any time there's any kind of data collection for any kind of software out there, you fucking retards lose your minds.

Seriously, what's wrong with all of you?

I seriously doubt most of you even work in the technology sector or have ever had a job period. I would be willing to bet over 3/4 of the people who come here are literally just underage or NEET losers who sit in a basement all day on some pre-built computer their parents bought them and talk about how great Linux is, how much they know about programming and continuing the botnet data collection meme.

Coming here is fun. It's like going to WalMart at 12 and just taking pride in knowing you'll never be as pathetic as those people.

You forgot banks.

And anyways, My phone doesn't have google apps so google really doesn't know everything about me

They only collect the serial number and installed disk drivers to properly update the firmware

> You're force fed shit for breakfast, so you might as well eat it voluntarily for lunch and supper too

Nice argument asslord. Got any more of those?

NSA also only tracks terrorists, why would the lie?

here is your (you)
in exchange, please post your phone number, email and your home address
thanks in advance :)

What are you exactly force fed, fuckface?

> they're already tracking you, so you shouldn't care - embrace it :^)

Answer the fucking question.

APPLE WINS AGAIN

>not using the smoker with a carat nose :^)

>Google knows literally single thing about you
Google doesn't know which sex toys I own.`

Samsung bricked the 840 via a firmware update that they didn't test. Gave everyone affected a refurbished replacement. ...

I did. We're being "force fed" tracking. That you cannot understand a simple analogy is not surprising.

What type of tracking he mentioned are you force fed? Is someone holding a gun to your head making you fill out the google captchas right now?

Or so you think.

EVO SHILLS ON SUICIDE WATCH

did you order them online?

>mfw this firmware that people can't get also bricks devices

No, I bought them from a sex store like a normal person...

>application/legal corporation tracking how many clicks it took you to click Cancel is equivalent to posting personal information on a neckbeard forum
Great argument, retardo.

>normal person
>sex toys
right

OT, but wtf

great story
great serve
would probably read again, 4/5

Most women and a decent proportion of men I know would own sex toys. It's pretty normal and mainstream.

Glad I bought an OCZ Vertex 4 SSD.

>muh secret club

People aren't asexual

ec.europa.eu/justice/newsroom/data-protection/news/120125_en.htm

reminder that this shit won't be allowed in the eu once they reformed the laws regarding the issue. only the rest of the world is fucked. i would suggest not updating your firmware until the new laws are in place

with a credit card?

My most recent purchases were cash, dunno about before that. But even still, the only electronic record is just how much I spent at the store, not what I bought.

>Samsung bricked the 840 via a firmware update
850 pro.

>he thought falling for the meme was a joke

>korean technology
never trust them

>implying Pro line isn't some of the best drives on the market

how do you know that? also nice quads

Wow I just checked mine and got the same message for my 850 pro

This is actually fucked.

I was considering going to m.2 soon. Do intel or any of the others pull this shit? im assuming intel would be just as bad

Why the fuck do you have to update firmwares for a fucking storage device?

to iron out kinks in powersaving, or TRIM, or the other hundreds of possible failures.

ordinary spinning-disks-HDs got firmware-updates, too...

But i know those sick as fuck quads. Checked.

To keep it still fast.

If your SSD/HDD needs updates to stay good it's shit.
prove me wrong

Which in the case for some types of SSD's is probably not necessary anyway, or even outright harmful.

Samsung doesn't have the best track record when it comes to "cheating", and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they were to start leveraging firmware updates that slowly reduce the performance of their older model SSD's in favour of promoting their new hotness.

Shit sorry. I guess he really did blow your brains out.

>Google doesn't know about (thing I just said on a google monitored site)
If they didn't before, they do now.
>But even still, the only electronic record is just how much I spent at the store, not what I bought.
That's probably more than enough to come to a very accurate guess.

>the only electronic record is just how much I spent at the store, not what I bought.
unless you can show otherwise, I'm certain that's false. From the corporation's pov, they'd be throwing away money by not *at least* using that data for analytics, let alone data mining.

There's also soon to be bluetooth low-energy "beacons" scattered among stores that track your movements, serve up specialized ads, and correlate that with any and all other information known about you.

And it's not the individual stores doing the tracking and analytics, it's intelligence agencies that further repackage and market this data in a centralized matter hereto never seen.

>it wouldn't surprise me at all if they were to start leveraging firmware updates that slowly reduce the performance of their older model SSD's in favour of promoting their new hotness.

you're a retard

>Which in the case for some types of SSD's is probably not necessary anyway, or even outright harmful.
what? why?

>and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they were to start leveraging firmware updates that slowly reduce the performance of their older model SSD's in favour of promoting their new hotness.
not everybody's nVidia.

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS
IS THIS SHIT REAL

I literally JUST ordered one of these and it's due to arrive in a few hours.
I was so hyped to get everything set it up.
If this is real then I wouldn't even be surprised if it doesn't work with linux for some reason.

Next time remember to buy shit from a non cancerous company (e.g. Plextor).

what software is this?

how do i manual update via iso?

Make bootable image on CD/USB and boot from it

>frogposter
great counter argument :^)

how does it work? is it like some UI that appears instead of the OS? i never really done stuff like this before.

It gives you a DOS-like interface when you boot from the image, you just use your keyboard.

works the same as installing a new operating system pretty much.

thanks

oh wait another question. if i do USB method do i have to format my usb?

Yes.

Nice strawman, the op literally states personal information.

se tuli sun mutsis suusta kun panin sitä pilluun

takas ylilaudalle siitä, hintti

>company is collecting information about installed hardware to avoid any possible scenarios of data loss or components damage during firmware upgrade
>BOTNET MUH BOTNET EVERYWHERE
Guess what? Fucking you, dumb piece of shit.

>Personal information
>installed hardware

Can someone recommend me a good SSD brand ?

o shit waddup