So /g today I got my case for my new computer...

So /g today I got my case for my new computer, I was super excited and and put all the parts together even though I don't have the sshd yet. I get everything in the case and setup and then this shit happens.
(youtu.be/c-S2_-XSMBE)
I tried everything, taking the CPU out and reseating it, CMOS reset, disconnected all parts and power then reconnected the power. Now it's just the board CPU ran and PSU.
All the parts are brand new and I thing one of them might be bad can you tell in the vid if it's my PSU, CPU, or board that's shot or if there's a fix?

Other urls found in this thread:

evga.com/support/manuals/files/140-SS-E177.pdf
playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Your mobo comes with a manual that tells you the debug codes.

Yeah and it says CPU isn't getting power

the internet is a good resource for the information you're looking for

duckduckgo.com

It looks like there's liquid leaking from out the bottom of your cooler. How much paste did you apply?

I couldn't find my good paste so I used the stuff that came with the cup fan, that shit was runny as fuck it ALMOST got in the CPU socket but it didn't

Connect the fucking PSU to the mobo. It's not only one connector, there are two or even three.

There are 2 connections and I plugged them both in

So, have you connected all the power cables on your motherboard? There was a thread like a week or two ago with user not connecting the CPU power cable. I don't see a shit. If you are taking photos you should consider making them informative and not taken from the most retarded angle you can.

+1
>>Using CuckCuckGo instead of superior Searx.Me

Maybe the flashing LEDs draw all the power and there is nothing left of the CPU.

Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

so op did you realize you fan is on backwards unless you took the mounts of and turned it around

muh hacker search engine

might as well use altavista.

what mobo is that

This isn't the CPU power connector.

I posted that too

EVGA Z170 FTW

Check the socket pins. RMA both CPU and mobo.

Ram or BIOS.

None of them are bent, is it common boards and CPUs are shot?

lmoa what are you doing

Idk what am I doing

that pcie plug is there to provide the motherboard with more power in case youre running sli, not needed at all.

Idk I had the no CPU power thing so I just plugged every slot in

Way to go retard not you killed the motherboard.

You only need and and the CPU-Fan header.

After all that shit you're gonna nigver out on $6 thermal paste? Shit man you stupid

Are you sure the CPU cooler is tight?

That's all I had but after 10 tries it wouldn't work so I plugged in the other

could be too tight.
Place mobo on cardboard or something, might be shorting out somehow.

I had thermal paste and couldn't find it so I used stuff that came with it

On a wooden desk, idiot?

beep codes?

Thank you

that's why i said somehow. dust. varnish, case screw you didn't realize was there. But you are telling me you didn't rule out a short yet?

No beeps, this is why I ask if it's just shot

plug in a speaker.

It has one on the mobo but no beeps

Turn on your power supply.

try different psu

Did you watch the vid???

Also one or your rams isn't seated properly

Try with just 1 ram stick on a different slot.

I can tomorrow when my friend is free but this is my only one

Not until after I posted.

I did

this. in the video even one of the ram sticks isnt plugged in all the way.

fix it op

This

For CPUs it is like 1 in a 1000. For motherboards way more common. The only thing you can also check is your power supply if you have any spare one. If you don't have a spare one or you can't test this one with another mobo, then just RMA your parts.

I'll try the psu tomorrow, I really wanted to avoid RMA =( I have to wait for parts again. I figured it was the board since it was bent a bit in the package.

SEAT YOUR FUCKING RAM YOU IDIOT

A fried one

>those LEDs
oh wow

Yeah but honestly they are uneeded and might be fucking with a connection, I can't help it they put them on this board

I'm I fixed it and it still didn't work

maybe because you fried it by trying to boot with one half plugged in

Is that even possible?

If your CPU isnt geting power, take it out of the mobo and check the Pins.
If you got just one pin off, you can JUST the whole thing.

evga.com/support/manuals/files/140-SS-E177.pdf

JUST the whole thing?

If one pin is slightly bent or alot, then Mobo can actually start, even to a desktop. However It can also get completly fucked.
Fucking pins man.
If you indeed fucked up a pin, forget about returning the mobo under a warranty, they will fuck you out.
Protip: Take it to a watchmaker...

I have it senpai

Then read and understand it
Especially pic related

Everyone keeps saying bent pin show me the bent pin

Your ram is in the wrong slots, retard

I did

>You need to take the CPU out, and then look at the pins on the motherboard. How the fuck should I show you, if you dont have any pics of your pins.
If you see a "dark spot"on your mobo pin, but cant see it being bent... its fucking bent.

What the fuck is this
The printed one makes no sense

I posted the pic but it didn't upload with that comment

OP, show us your socket photo. Without the CPU, obviously. And to me that 24-pin looks definitely not properly connected. Again, check you god damn connections and push them hard until they line up perfectly for fucks sake.

Try a sharper picture and under better light.

I did all the directions and it was still wrong

I pushed them as hard as I could till it clicked and it's as far as it will go

Is the CPU cooler even mounted? Or did you just put it on top of the fucking CPU

Those pins are fine user.
Just RMA the fucker, DOA motherboards are more common than you think.

Ok the only last two things I can think of:
a] you need to reset your cmos. This can be the case that the mobo is set up for a different cpu, and the cmos cant deal with your fucking new cpu
b] This is almost impossible, but maybe there is a factory issue that your mobo cant handle your cpu or ram, even tho they should fit. This happend with the fuckingcocksuckingass MSI Z170A, where the fucking mobo didnt work ONLY WITH ONE MODEL OF GPU. It didnt work with gtx 980ti G1.
Msi response: fucking return it and buy a different one. Holy shit was i mad when it happened to me

I think I'm gonna have to, I feel bad for not being able to fix this myself but I can't see the problem and either way it takes teams of people to design a mobo or cpu, I guess if I could it on my own I would have a job =/

I really hope that you haven't swapped the GPU and CPU power cables
If you did, the board is toasted

Well thats even worse.
But ye, those pins look fine.
Ok you need to make sure that when you install the cpu cooler, make sure all 4 fucking screws are in the mobo. Some will fuck you until you screw them all in.

What does this display on your board

They were harder to take off because they used 2 sets of screws and bolts and when you started to loosen it it would just spin

Flashing c the ppl on evga phone support said this meant the CPU wasn't getting power

Try to reset cmos. Dont forget to take out the fucking battery.
If this doesnt help, your mobo is fucked.
You need to exchange it. Without visable damage, they shoudl do it without a hassle, even if you did permanently short it.

Just a C?Or a C with a number?

It's fucked, I'll keep taking pics and responding but thanks guys it was worth a shot

Just c

Happened to my brother man. Happened to one of my trash laptops as well.

They're both 12V with similar pinout - nothing would happen. I tried it.

I don't see that 24-pin to be pushed all the way to the end. I see a gap there which need to be fixed. If it "clicks" it doesn't mean it is properly connected. Take out and fix this connection, use your palm under 24-pin connection slot to not brake the board.

There's a gap on one side of this RAM because there's only one of those lock switched on one side of the RAM slots

They seem to be the opposite to me

I'm not talking about the RAM. I'm still talking about this Forget the RAM, you would get a proper post-code and beeping from the speaker if there was a problem with RAM.

Regarding EPS12v vs PCIE - playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html

OP shouldn't be able to plug the wrong connector in in theory.