Windows 10 Free Upgrade Ending Soon

So the Windows 10 free upgrade is ending in LESS THAN 3 MONTHS. Now I know this board is full of paranoid idiots who think Windows 10 'spies on them', but you guys should still go through the upgrade before it carries a $119 price tag for many reasons.

The first reason is, it is completely 100% no strings attached free, and no one wants to hear you bitch about it costing when you decide you want it later. So get it now, roll back to 7, and then you'll always be able to upgrade it later when you finally decide to join the rest of the modern world and have the best of both worlds.

The second reason is if you ever decide to sell your computer you can upgrade it to 10 and advertise it as such. Windows 10 is much better for most people than an ancient outdated system running Windows 7 or 8. Windows 10 is also supported for life. No one is going to want to buy a Windows 7 machine years from now. Windows 10 is essentially prolonging the livelihood of your old computer for many more years, and all for FREE. Yes, lifetime support for free, and you ungrateful idiots will still find something completely meaningless whine about.

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/g/thread/S53868920
rbt.asia/g/thread/S54340478
rbt.asia/g/thread/S53281155
reddit.com/user/inteller
reddit.com/r/windows/comments/4i7ztl/a_couple_of_reasons_luddites_need_to_grab_their/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)
archive.is/OBGB1
archive.is/tW6fu
archive.is/2XIvX
archive.is/qLRZx
archive.is/thsGd
archive.is/sz1nt
archive.is/g3QdQ
archive.is/ko469
archive.is/l6pmO
archive.is/zK93U
archive.is/CEvKh
archive.is/vhjwm
archive.is/2jehd
archive.is/KQsBh
archive.is/MB0Yy
youtube.com/watch?v=W8_Kfjo3VjU&list=PLUoLVDw98mFldkXExiD54Fwm0vITfE_fG
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I agree with you, people should just get it over with. Windows 10 is a lot better than 7. How can someone hate something they never even tried?

I'm still using vista

Stay strong, friend!

>Windows 10 is also supported for life
Windows XP was supported for life.

Read carefully what you check when you upgrade. After a time of use you have to pay in order to keep using the OS, I think it was a year.
>Hey JewSoft take my computer and block it so that I pay to you to be able to use it
The constant shill is really disturbing.

It's not free you fucktard. You're essentially handing your system to microsoft.

Nope. Windows 7 is perfectly fine. Try again.

This was already disproven before the OS was launched

My W10 has an expiration date for some reason.

Or I can just continue to use my installation of Linux and not even give a shit.

Yeah, but you're handing it to them for free. :-)

if you put it in the freezer it will last longer

Whoops!

rbt.asia/g/thread/S53868920
rbt.asia/g/thread/S54340478

Or get anything productive done ;^)

rbt.asia/g/thread/S53281155

Where is your referral link, rajeet? So you actually get your $$$?

;^)

First thing in an indian shills life every day: The windows 10 post on Sup Forums

windows loader nigga. use it. who the hell pays for windows?or any OS. i cant speak for macs fags because i would never touch a mac

Windows 10 is half finished and looks like shit. Everything went to shit when Gates' involvement stopped.

Written like a true salesman

>windows loader

Enjoy that free keylogger that comes with it.

>lazy illiterate codemonkey street-shitting pajeets
>working on saturday mornings

Why is Windows 7 so perfect ?
My last few last attemps with W10 always ended up in failure, crash and non working driver. Why I am supposed to 'upgrade' again when I never had issue with W7 ?

>you guys should still go through the upgrade before it carries a $119 price tag for many reasons.
>The first reason is, it is free
>The second reason is it is free

lel
there's a good reason it's free and still nobody installs it.

If you aren't upgrading you're part of the problem. If computers were kept updated and secure, there wouldn't be any viruses on the internet.

Gotta earn that money for the new toilet

hello OP aka Rajeehshi

Why do you care? What difference does this make in your life?

Why are you spending your time shilling for a company that doesn't give one shit about you?

>Why is Windows 7 so perfect ?

The last Windows that didn't have the "I want to have buttsecks with Steve Jobs" app store bullshit.

>The first reason is, it is completely 100% no strings attached free, and no one wants to hear you bitch about it costing when you decide you want it later. So get it now, roll back to 7, and then you'll always be able to upgrade it later when you finally decide to join the rest of the modern world and have the best of both worlds.

The fuck are you talking about OP, windows 10 is not free. You don't get a free upgrade you get a license conversion from whatever you had to 10, you can't go back to what you had after you update even if you do a fresh install because you now don't have a license.

>The second reason is if you ever decide to sell your computer you can upgrade it to 10 and advertise it as such.

Oh now you're really being a faggot, if you ever sell the laptop and you're not an autistic cunt you just format the drive install W10 and one of those activators floating around the net, if six months later it craps out who gives a shit.

> 28 replies
>5 IP addresses

Computers running Windows 10 get infected all the time lol. The whole 'windows 10 is secure' thing is just a meme the shills like to spread. Yeah Windows 10 is more secure against your average shitty xxxvideo.avi.exe malware, but anything half-sophisticated easily gets past the shitty Windows Defender and smartscreen filter.

Ok you got a reply

Says 17 to me, nigga.

>Windows Defender and smartscreen filter.

People actually use those?

Pajeet is shilling on reddit too...
reddit.com/user/inteller
reddit.com/r/windows/comments/4i7ztl/a_couple_of_reasons_luddites_need_to_grab_their/

If I want it for free, I'll get it for free.

Any retard with less than half a brain can pirate an OS.

Who cares as if i didn't pirate all my windows versions anyway a price tag won't change anything

Who wouldn't want to upgrade to this masterpiece?

>Pajeet now lieing about win7, saying that it's now "buggy and insecure"
lel, even vista will get updates for another fucking year.

Microsoft is part of NSA's mass surveillance program "PRISM":
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)

Microsoft informs the NSA about bugs before fixing them:
archive.is/OBGB1

Microsoft openly offeres cloud data to support PRISM:
archive.is/tW6fu

Microsoft has backdoored its disk encryption:
archive.is/2XIvX
archive.is/qLRZx

Windows snoops on the users' files, text input, voice input,
location, contacts, calendar records and web browsing history,
even after related settings are turned off:
archive.is/thsGd
archive.is/sz1nt
archive.is/g3QdQ
archive.is/ko469
archive.is/l6pmO
archive.is/zK93U

Micrcrosoft automatically downloads Windows 10 on PCs running
Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 (between 3.5GB and 6GB), even if
users have not opted-in:
archive.is/CEvKh

Windows 10 scans for illegal/pirated software:
archive.is/vhjwm
archive.is/2jehd
archive.is/KQsBh

Microsoft proudly presents surveillance statistics:
archive.is/MB0Yy

> Over 82 billion photos viewed.
> Gamers spent over 4 billion hours playing PC games.
> 44.5 billion minutes/month spent in Microsoft Edge.
> Over 2.5 billion questions asked of Cortana since launch.
> Windows 10 now active on over 200 million devices.

>Get 10 now so we can claim more people are using it even though they were tricked or went back to 7
Pajeet pls

youtube.com/watch?v=W8_Kfjo3VjU&list=PLUoLVDw98mFldkXExiD54Fwm0vITfE_fG

You can turn all that off jesus Christ

If for whatever reason I ever need to get Win10 later, I'll just pirate it. Big deal.

:^)

I was going to get Forza 6 apex, but it's only obtainable through the Windows store.
My problem is that I used the get-appxpackage | remove-appxpackage command in powershell to delete everything. I have no idea how to get it back and Ive tried everything.
How fucked am I?

>you can uninstall all thiese 100 ads every week when you get a new build
>why are you complaining :^)

Will it still have the ads after July? Who would pay for something with ads in it? That's like paying for cable or satellite tv.

>One botnet

They recently even started preinstalling trash like candy crush

This is a technology board, get your winshit out of here.

That and suddenly needing to pay for solitaire. Fucking bullshit.

The fuck are you cunts talking about, I dont have a single fucking ad

see

Fucking normie

Unpinning the tiles doesn't do anything. You still have all that shit running in the background wasting resources.

>msi

What's it like to be that poor?

Msi 980 ti
Yeah im so fucking poor

Once you go mac you never go back

at least for laptops

>wasting resources

not 9901 but who the fuck cares when it still performs better on my hardware than 7 or 8? if it wants to use resources for bullshit while still being faster than fucking let it

>thinking they're actually turned off.

>at least for laptops
I did. Well I didn't go back to anything but I did leave OSX and MacBooks

Huh, well I guess to each his own

I used to use windows but I just fucking love the OS and trackpad on this laptop

I did. To windows 10. And it's amazing dies everything better and more efficiently. It's so much more beautiful and and modern looking

I love the OS and their trackpads, that's why I've got an iMac and a Magic Trackpad. Their laptops don't meet my requirements though, and I refuse to run OS X on non-Apple hardware, so I use OpenBSD

>Windows 10 is a lot better than 7
Yeah but what about 8.1?

Sage this bullshit instead of bumping the thread. Fuck Windows 10, and fuck you, Rajesh.

KEK

Muh windows superiority

Btw there's something i never understood about this "upgrade". Not that i care, really. Does it overwrite your existing windows 7 installation or can you install it on another partition and triple-boot linux, win7 and win10?

Basically this, do you use your laptop for gaming?

I put windows 10 on a bootcamp partition on my 15 inch but I just removed it because I couldn't be arsed

Newfag detected. Go back to réddit, shill.

it overwrites it.

This. I have never paid for an OS since the eMachine I bought in 1999 came with 98SE. Been using pirateshit or linux ever since.

8.1 is the new 7
7 is the new XP
10 is the new Vista

>10 is the new Vista
And we're all fucked because no Windows 11. So I guess I'll stick with 8.1 until I get a graphics card that even support DX12.

No, it has nothing to do with their laptops being underpowered. My current laptop has a ULV Core2 Duo and no dGPU. I just won't use a laptop with no Ethernet, no dock, etc.

That's pretty much where I'm at. Going to ride 8.1 til the wheels fall off. I only play old games, and even then I only spend maybe 2% of my time outside of linux anyway.

I'm not sure about docks but

I can see why they removed the ethernet port to make them thinner, on my rMBP 15 I use an ethernet to thunderbolt adapter, works like a charm.

I'd rather not need an Ethernet adapter, FireWire adapter, eSATA adapter (that one I don't use but it's nice to have the option), and I love having a hardware Wi-Fi switch

Understandable for sure, basically normies have ruined macbook connectivity sacrificing functionality for fashionability (not saying fashionability doesn't matter)

Get a new job man.
Whatever they begrudgingly pay you, it's not enough.

Sticking to unupdated seven until support drops and moving to linux as it snowballs support and function.

> The first reason is, it is completely 100% no strings attached free
Pirated version is 100% free too AND I can upgrade anytime!

In order to shill effectively you need to be way less obvious.

That doesn't make too much sense.

People stayed with XP instead of vista because it was shit. Then 7 came and fixed things, was all rounder better and a true successor to XP. How does 8.1 replace 7? It's got nothing /new/ because of the rush for drop 8 for tablets then 2 years later into 10. What improvements are in 8 over 7 that I'd want to go through the hassle of 'fixing' 8 to feel like 7?

I've got 8 on a laptop I rarely use and it's really, really annoying to use.

because the suck that was Vista is coming back around again

What AV should I use?

I scan files when I dl them, or open it in a VM. I just don't want those 'always on' AV's, I don't think I need it to slow my computer by scanning every fucking action. I even changed windows to mimic *nix asking for admin PWD on running certain programs.

My understanding is that win defender is shit, but will still pick up 95% of things (not day 0 stuff).

>What improvements are in 8 over 7 that I'd want to go through the hassle of 'fixing' 8 to feel like 7?
Windows 8 runs noticeably better

Yeah but retards push the "muh keylogger muh malware" with Windows loaders and activators without knowing what a false positive is or just being stupid about where they get their downloads. All you have to do is read torrent comments on public trackers to understand how stupid some people are about this. "HAS A VIRUS DONT DOWNLOAD!!!!" Yet they'll use an OS with an actual keylogger in it because somehow NSA having your info is better than some poorfuck Russian/Chinese which is not a problem if you use common sense, but that is sorely lacking these days.

>$0.50 has been deposited in your account.

Windows 7 a best

If I used my win 7 or 8 key to install win 10, will that same key still be valid for 10 if I have to reinstall in future?

>completely 100% no strings attached free
of course it is. "no strings attached" and "free" is a proven concept with no risks whatsoever. it's not like it's marketing buzzwords or something...

>common sense, but that is sorely lacking these days
Indeed it is. Critical thinking is even lacking in so-called "qualified" IT people.

Honestly, I don't care if the NSA or some random Chinese bureaucrat knows how many minutes I logged on Portal 2 today and knowing my location as "home" during that time. Once or twice a month I boot Windows, I play a few games, I reboot to Linux (which may or may not be bugged depending on your tinfoil level). Point is, I don't do anything of any importance under Windows at all, legitimately activated or not.

Pirating is is a pain. Why not just upgrade so you have a legitimate copy for free.

If I ever need Windows 10 that badly (which I won't), I'm going to fucking pirate it. I encourage all non-faggots to do the same.

As if they're going to suddenly make it not free.
They're practically forcing people to upgrade as it is. You think they're going to make it suddenly cost money, too?

>The first reason is, it is completely 100% no strings attached free
it is not
windows 10 upgrade changes your os version to OEM
so after you upgrade your pc you have to buy new OS

>Pirating is is a pain.
>pirating
>pain

DRM is a pain. Piracy is freedom.