Hi Sup Forums, is Spotify worth it?

Hi Sup Forums, is Spotify worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

gmusicproxy.net/
onhax.net/spotify-music-v2-6-0-813-mod-apk-is-here-latest
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes

If you can't afford decent headphones and HDD's then sure it is.

But what about mobile?

Spotify is a necessity for me, not necessarily for saving music but for discovering music. I though Daft Punk was shit just from streaming their videos on YouTube, then I listened to them on Spotify and then I realized why I though that. The streaming quality on Spotify is actually good and it's one of the best ways to discover and stream music. If you torrent all of your music, then there are no links to related artists or public playlists and you have to wait until your music has finished downloading just to listen.

If you consume more than $10 of new music every month - yes,
if you don't - no.

tidal is better and actually sports musicians

Google Music is better than Spotify.

t. Jay Z

Thats not a thing

Install EZ blocker
No ads in free mode ever

>paying for a streaming service that provides everything for free
>literally 2016

>patched android app, with extreme quality pref edit
>web player for desktop, with adblock
>if you're a burger and want to have the music locally, downloader was just made a while ago

Literally free, high quality music.
>hurr durr i'll pay for it

I've literally never paid for a single thing related to technology, except for internet, mobile, and hardware. All these sheep buying
>muh games
>muh music
>muh movies

You make me sick.

Try Kanye.

nice bait m8

Are people actually this cheap haha?

It's 10$ a month, that's basically nothing, I'll happily pay that for the service it provides.

The mobile app is kind of shit. If you download the music to your phone or computer, there is eventually a download cap. I can't say that its not convenient for music, but I'm honestly searching for a better alternative. If you're a student its $5 a month, which is really all that its worth.

Word. If it was like 100 bucks a month maybe, but how broke are you that you can't afford 10 dollars a month? I'm a poorfag and even I don't give a fuck about a monthly bill that cheap

I wish I could have Spotify's app with Apple Music's selection.

also , only 5$/€ per month if you're a student

Is there a difference in audio quality in free and premium? I can easily hear the difference in YouTube and Spotify free, but no difference when upgrading to premium.

You cannot download the files from spotify in decent quality, therefore I must assume that spotify is a piece of shit, a waste of money, and that the people that made it can lick my unwashed testicles and swallow my autistic semen.

My mom pays for google music, she has the family plan so I also get it for free. I can use gmusicproxy.net/ to download the original 320k mp3s from it. They use lame to encode them which means the quality is good.

Fuck Spotify it's brand name apple tier normie shit

People like you are the reason legal sources other than CDs and DVDs are not even available in my shithole country.

Buy services from other countries then. I used to live in the Philippines and I used various US based streaming services.

>you cannot download the files from spotify in decent quality

>160k
>good quality

That's fucking KaZaA tier man

There's also a student discount which brings it down to 5 bucks. Been using it for two years now at that price

What quality is this?

>$10 a month
>$120 a year
>$600 in 5 years

>basically nothing
Your phone was "free" too, right?

>>$600 in 5 years
That IS nothing

>audiophiles
I literally can't tell the difference between 160kbps and 320kbps in a double blind ABX text, and I'll bet you can't either.
This is good enough for me.

You cant handle money.

If you have a cuck phone with only 16gb of storage
I can bring around my entire library on a sd card and not waste bandwidth streaming music

You can't earn money.

I probably could. I even used to be able to tell FhG encodes apart from the Lame ones that cut at 20khz without checking them.

Besides, what would the point of stealing music from subscription services be if the torrent sites I want to upload them to rejected them due to being shit quality?

>sharing your things with others
what are you, a cunt?

That's how you get other people's things. That's how it's always been, you pay, you share, or you bottom feed.

>giving your money away for useless trash

>Being poor

>waste bandwidth
>living in a third world country

You wont get rich by giving your money away, m8

Not saying that

Been using it for almost 4 years. I also pay for the mobile. Never had any problems.

Link to a modded apk? Its gone from xda.

This would be great. There were some songs I was able to listen to on Apple Music but their app is terrible.

>I wonder why my meme band isn't making anymore music?
>I wonder why that director isn't making movies anymore?
>what happened to those good game devs that didn't make dlc and mirco transactions?

Yes, especially if you are using the free version and just blocking their ads.

Wouldn't pay for it though

Simply edit the hosts file in Android

I think there's better options, and spotify's database is kind of lacking in a lot of regards, but they do have a lot of recordings/versions of songs that aren't as well known which is kind of weird I think.

I'd personally just set up some kind of cloud server (take your pick of ones available, or set your own up, its basically all the same shit), upload your music, then just go to that to listen to it on your phone. There's tons of music apps that sync well with cloud servers and have a decent interface, for example I use beatbox (dont know if thats the best, its the first one I found that worked properly), and you can cache songs so you arent using data all the time

It's shit because they have the latest compressed ear bleeding remasters of old albums.

Same thing with every streaming service.

I download the best masterings of albums from rutracker.

Hi guys, OP here.
Im asking this cause I have alot of Spotify premium snubs in my school
>"u can like hear the quality increase"
>"I can't listen to your phones music quality cause once you go Spotify you don't come back"
>"MUH SPOTIFY PREMIUM"
I agree on alot of points, like its your money who gives a shit what you do with it but that one guy who posted before, it's kinda redundant in some way paying for something to listen on that I could literally torrent or download on the internet in a minute give or take.
Lmao, oh well.

>Consumes products
>Calls them trash
>Make fun of people who is actually contributing to the products he enjoys

You are the useless trash.

I do the same with what.cd

If you listen to old music the original master is usually the correct one. When I make compilation CDs for my mom to listen to in the car I use the new masters though so the old music stands up better alongside new songs.

Do you torrent movies as well for your movie nights with your gf? Fucking autist

Google all access is better desu

>product that is used
>useless
Are you dumb? If you're willing to pirate it, it obviously has some use to you.

under-rated post.

Anyone who unironically says sheep is under 18

Or the kind of guy who reads infowars.com

u can sneak spotify premium on ur mom's sprint phone bill. thats what i did :^)

No.

can you point me to a legit patched apk?
i dont trust pajeets and kat

so you are basically paying them to recommend you music

netflix serves the same purpose, people actually PAY to get a curated list.

i'm sure there are free ways to get that, like soundcloud, or youtube recommendations?

Can you test the sound quality of Spotify free and premium? Currently using the premium trial and I don't notice a huge difference.

I use premium
>lol 160kb quality
Go to settings > change the bitrate

> paying for music
It's a streaming service, like the cable tv. Also I buy only physical albums

> not using netease
Enjoy your poorly ripped/shitty encodes from 128kb

>not using free + adblocker
The only true reason to get premium is for listening offline and sync all your devices

>gpm is better
It's good but no desktop client and dat awfull interface. Still keep both on my phone for stuff that isnt on spotify

>no desktop client
You can use it in your browser, their browser client is far better than Spotify's which is locked to 160k. Also there's great unofficial support from this:

gmusicproxy.net/

I just leave it running on my ramnode vps and it's there whenever I need it.

How is discovering new artists trash? It takes way too much time to try finding new music myself. My time is worth $30/hr so that $10/month is worth it

Yes, i do. So thats muy solution

What's gucci my nigga?

>paying for spotify
user it's free...

I never use browser clients unless I have no choice. And selecting clients with spotify is so easy my mom can do it and is 100% cross platform

>the fact that premium comes with my phone carrier plan also helps

i don't believe that

they either steal your data and sell it or use it, or bombard you with ads

Latest version killed the app on my phone, also. It was. Draining the fuck out of my battery.

Obviously I uninstalled it. So no it's not worth it to me. If you care about supporting artists, spotify stick it up their asses worse than the record companies ever have. Just pirate it/use Pandora there's enough resources out there to not pay unless you want to.

I tried free Spotify once. It wouldn't let me play specific tracks, only the whole albums. Also couldn't repeat songs. Once in a while there was some random song forced upon me, and ads, obviously.

Did I use it wrong?

personally I love discovering new music on bandcamp and supporting great people who haven't made it big yet

True, but I partially solved it disabling the "normalize" option, and leaving it in offline mode when using it on the street.

Yes

why? so you can one-up your friends when you tell them you knew of band X months ago?

did it ever cross your mind that maybe some people just enjoy listening to the music that pops up in their bandcamp feeds?

The difference between high and extreme is q5 and q9 vorbis. It's very likely to be transparent at q5 and practically guaranteed at q9. So not audibly, no

How do you get on there these days?

Yes it is

No. YouTube + Background Player = all the streaming you'll ever need.

Not everyone is a first worlder whose parents paid a top uni for him bby

Google play music, YouTube Music, and YouTube Red all for 10$ month. Google play music has podcasts where Spotify doesn't.

I personally use soulseek to download music instead of streaming it.

>no new music releases
>if bootlegged music is uploaded, pitch is construed to compensate for copyright
>if there's a new music video, listen to minutes of introductory bullshit
Nigga forreal

> that cancerous quality

Listen to this man.

>not having the acutal files
gross

Worse than DRM

>needing to pay to discover new music

weak

>wait until your music has finished downloading

do you still use dial up?

Don't use the actual application on your computer, since it sucks ass.

If you have an Android phone, use the patched copy of Spotify, as it allows you to pick and play any song you want without the shuffle bullshit, and it has no ads.

If you must stream and have a shit phone with no storage, use Google Play Music, as it allows you to upload any song and play it without restrictions. Even better if you have TMobile which has free Spotify and Google Music streaming.

Don't pay for Spotify as it's a crock of shit, just use patched Spotify and/or Google Music.

If you're a normie :^)

onhax.net/spotify-music-v2-6-0-813-mod-apk-is-here-latest

I can differentiate between 320 and lossless. It's not hard with classical and a somewhat decent setup.

Must suck have a terrible sound system.

It does you goober

Yeah it could also be $12000 per century
Or you know, 30 minutes of work
(this requires you to have a job instead of spending all your time on what.cd and /hpg/)

$5 a month for students and its so much fucking easier than torrenting. And even though it may be like 1/10th pennies, you are slightly supporting an artist.

The data thing should be a non issue, if you are like what you are listening too, then download the album on the spotify app, and boom no more streaming for that album/song/artist. Also their weekly recommend playlist is nice