Sony Xperia z5

What does Sup Forums thinks of Sony xperia Z5?

>sony

into the trash it goes

search the catalog new

I already have a mirror, thanks.

I have one and it's pretty good imo. It has this annoying thing that if the internal storage is 75% full then it nags you with notifications to transfer shit to the SD card, even if there is no SD card in the phone. It can't be turned off in settings, but luckily you can turn it off using a single ADB command (ADB is part of the android SDK).
The camera is pretty good obviously, it can record 4K/30 FPS and FHD/60 FPS, the only thing it's lacking is support for the camera 2 API in the stock ROM (you can't take raw photos, for example).

I forgot to mention that the fingerprint sensor is pretty convenient and it works well in my experience. It is in the power button, not in some retarded place like the back of the phone.

I swapped my Z3 Compact for the Z5 Compact. Whilst it feels a lot better in the hand and the power button is the best power button I have ever used, it fails on battery life and performance vs the Z3C. Z5C feels more stuttery and the battery life was subpar compared to its predecessor.

If you want a Z phone, get the Z3. It's basically the perfect phone.

I have a Xperia Z3V (Verizon version)

I love the feel of it, but the flaps are made of shit and always break off. Android feels laggy as fuck still, even after the update that took 2 years to receive and the camera is dog shit in anything other than sunlight.

If I switch carriers, I'll probably get the iPhone 7 or the Z5 Premium.

Their phone is great
but customer service is shit but nevertheless all tech customer service is shit

I had a Z1 and the flaps didn't fail for me. Now I have a Z5, and the Z5 doesn't have a flap on the USB port (it still has the same IP rating for water resistance though), so charging is more convenient, and you don't use the flap as much.
The only problem related to the flaps with the Z5 is that the SD card and the SIM card are in the same plastic tray, which means that you have to remove both if you want to remove the SD card, and removing the SIM card reboots the phone, so you can't remove the SD card without rebooting the phone, something you could do with the Z1. Also, pulling out two tiny cards at the same time means you have a higher chance of losing one.

isnt the xperia x performance coming out soon with better specs?

>z5 Premium
>Chrome

What an expensive mirror.

Jokes aside, I think it's very beautiful. Reminds me of my 2nd gen iPod back in mid 00's.

Too bad I use iPhone.

Too thin and glossy. Looks like shit, and thats just based on the back.

>into the trash

is this what happens when pajeet tries into english?

Too expensive, I'm more of a Moto G man

You cant post a better looking phone than the z5p

Iphone 5 comes close but

tell me about that volume rocker.

to me it seems like its in a pretty stupid positions, especially since the jack is on the top.

>all that wasted real estate at the bottom face
>power button in the middle
>volume rocker on near the bottom
Ehhh, good looking, questionable design choices

to be honest when i first got it it fet weird but once you get used to it, like everything it isnt a problem

I have a dual sim variant of the Z4 (Z3+), and I like it a lot. It's such an overlooked phone, since it wasn't even released in North America. Same internal specs as the Z5, and with the MM update, it has fixed the overheating issues which was one of it's only flaws. Has better volume rocker placement than the Z5 as well, IMO

The dev community has really picked up as well. You can now fully backup and restore DRM keys with an unlocked bootloader. TWRP, and Xposed are fully working now as well.

Simply inferior compared to other Apple iPhone 6S Plus.

The one I have has a matte finish on its back. The one in the OP is the premium version.