What does /g have to say?

Your thoughts on this

Its a cloud....
That you own...

I don't like my files randomly disappearing desu.

its nice

You should disappear desu

this

so, you're the funny guy huh?

it sucks ass and is slow as shit at syncing files...I switched to syncthing instead.

Stop posting 3DPD, it's gross.

Used to use it, but got tired of the upgrade-induced breakage.

Currently looking for another alternative that works similarly.

this

this. it's slow as fuck even on LAN. Android app freezes constantly

I have used it since version 6 and updated manually with every major release and a few small with it only breaking once, which was from 8.1 to 9.

for you

I'm looking for alternative too.

How would you like your security senpai?

cozy, seafile and pydio are similar.

To me, "cloud" was really handy when I didn't want to carry around a storage medium. Now instead I gladly carry around an entire device with multiple means (wired or wireless) for local file transfer. Plus it can handle syncing at home all by itself. Worst case if I forget something, SSH file transfer.

Is there some awesome use for the cloud that I'm missing?

Like it, maybe the update setup is kinda bad but they are working on it at least.

Weeks well enough for me not to complain.

these are unfortunately true. but theres no other cloud out there with as many features

So, what are the features that you only get on ownCloud then? Still, what's the best alternative?

Is ownCloud released under the GNU Public GPL?

Unpolished turd

well, i havent looked into it for a while and didnt know about pydio until just now, but i liked the server side encryption and the webdav functionality of owncloud. plus the web interface made it super easy to add new users, or share files to people who arent users. im going to try pydio though and see how it is

update:
i installed pydio, it seems pretty feature rich. has anybody tried it out? what "features" do i have to look forward to, like owncloud dropping files or getting corrupted for no reason