Where are all the 40+ year old people in tech?

Where are all the 40+ year old people in tech?

42. I'm a Unix sysadmin and Oracle DBA for the world's biggest Pharma company. Been with them 17 years.

they grew out of tech.
it's only fun when it's not your job
it's only good when you're the one whipping

hmu
kik: skylakehaswell

Can you post a picture of yourself? You can cover your face if you want, but please no tricky angles

They finally scummed to the botnet.

Will be 40 later this year. Work as a technology architect. Some fun, lots of boring. Build some neat things sometimes.

I don't know why, but the made me hard.

they got tired of it
i'm only 8 years deep in this shit and i'm already thinking of going back to school to become an architect, lawyear or whatever else as long as its not IT

and into what?

wtf happened to her?

they didn't put her face on yet

women age like milk

Fired.

They would have all cashed out before the dot com crash. Look for them in their large homes and gated communities.

Companies like HP, IBM, Oracle, Cisco.

yes goy they're all affluent that's why only young people work in IT

why?

Working with government owned mainframe, just like i did in '85 already.

40+ year olds either get promoted to management or get fired because they didnt make it to management.
After that, nobody wants to hire you because
>oh we cant hire him he's from the 80s and skills are probably outdated
>he has 30 years experience we cant afford that, go apply for some more H1Bs pls

>40+ year olds either get promoted to management or get fired because they didnt make it to management.
Naw. They try like hell to promote you to management though.

this is how vegans age

I didn't trust you so I reverse image searched your image
>jessica chastain
ok
>reverse image search this
>"jessica chastain vegan"
makes sense

Is that Julia Roberts?

This so much. On the other hand there are still those hardcore engineers who try to float on the surface. I am a TL and have 50+ junior developer in my team.
He is lazy, stinks and has attitude problems.

There was this like 75-year-old geezer that works at my uni, he does all the computer stuff and runs the server, etc.

Approaching 40 here.
Freelancer working from home to avoid braindead "bro" culture that has been spreading in companies over the decade.

Shut up stupid

They live in the school computer labs.

Ded after dotcom bubble

RIP

They're in the broadcasting industry.
The world would be a much better place if they all retired.

Well my dad got a computer science degree in the 80s, did some UNIX stuff in the 90s, but he's been in management for the past 20+ years... works from home now so no one will ever see him outside his cave.

So they're probably in management, working from home, or they've retired already.

Don't you like team building? Doing cool shit with coworkers like room puzzles and sushi and paintball?

48 here... first computer I built was a Heathkit/DEC PDP-11

48 and can't even reply to OPs question

36 here, on my way to 40. Have remote devops job with big name cloud company. Probably going to stay here for another 10 years. Hard to say where the market will be then. I'll definitely have to reinvent myself again by then. I caught the devops gravy train at just the right time, but it won't last forever.

They're all sitting inside working in all but complete darkness like vampires or Morlocks.

No. I just want to be productive and get money in return.

In management positions at large established companies/financing startups through VC.

When you're 40 and have a family you no longer want to roll the dice on some 20 year old's "big idea about revolutionizing hand soap dispensers"

Men age like milk.

I've met a geezer sysadmin before.

He told me a story during his early working day. All of the clerks in the office boycott the computer because it's too hard to use.
From the clerks word, "Typewriter are much easier".

Great job outing yourself on this site full of aids!

No they don't faggot. Men age like wine. Women still want to sleep with bill clinton. No one, not even bill clinton, has wanted to sleep with hillary clinton for at least 45 years.

They're working for better companies that you.

woah she's actually cute

nothing it's the camera angles/lighting

business owner llc

hell yeah

business owner

aint she form some csi tv show?

hell yeah

ah sales and marketing too :)

correct live stream broadcasting. hyk?

da mancave :)

invest in property; real or vw.

shhh blackarch

risk invest

i failed my first typing course :)

>Pharma company
>outing yourself
>on this site full of aids!
I'm sure his clients already know him.

I am part of a sys admin team for the e-commerce side of a fortune 50 company. My group is made up of 7 people. 5 of them are over 40. 3 of those 5 are over 50. 1 of those 3 is over 60.
Myself and one other guy are in our early 30s.

33 pharm coder
can confirm that clients know us

wat is account manager? just send call to coder they can SURELY explain it better than us

- yea, but why doesnt it blank
>did you pay for that feature?

pretty much replied.

reading comprehension, figure it out.

I'd call you an asshole, but I'm too old to give a shit.

RICH, DEAD OR IRRELEVANT

44, have done in-house IT, then consulting, in-house IT again, management for 10 years, back to consulting. Work from home a lot, travel sometimes. Money was good, then became very good when I moved to the financial industry. Still hands-on enough to find shit the in-house teams miss.

If you like it and you're good at it, stick with it.