Who uses it except Pajeets?

Other urls found in this thread:

oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html
jetbrains.com/idea/download/
docs.oracle.com/javafx/2/events/convenience_methods.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Off yourself.

t. Pajeet Patel

I use it, it's pretty good. I wouldn't choose any other language over it in my projects (except maybe kotlin but they are interoperable so who cares)

I am working for my governments ministry of finance. The whole tax return for millions of people is running on Java. At my previous job, a telecommunication provider, thousands of SIP calls per hour ran over Java.
It's rock-stable and the only thing faster is hand crafted C and it's buffer overflows.
I am making lots of money and there are countless possibilities to improve my job situation further: team lead, architect, manager and consultant positions are the ones that come to mind.
No Pajeet in sight.

The employed. I'll introduce you to them sometime.

Most colleges

enterprise solutions™

Everyone

If you're a recent CS graduate who wants a job, you've got pretty much two choices: Java, C#. Even jobs that don't use these languages may list them as requirements simply because they want you to have had experience in a statically typed, object oriented language.

>this is what they learn in varanishu college of poops and loops

People in the actual world outside of your parents' basement.

Explain to me what is wrong with the language

Or just send a link IDGAF.

Just learn the language and get a job. It's not the easiest language to learn due to its extensive libraries but it'll get your foot in the door. Then after a year or two of real-world work experience, you can move on to another job that uses a more exciting language and you'll never have to touch Java again if you don't want. You'll also feel better about yourself once you're out of the house and earning an income.

Boiler. Plate.

Too verbose

I very much enjoyed reading your thread. With regard to the Javascripts yes I have 13 years experience in enterprise Erp and the software as a service. These javascripts help me very much wiith the Sql andd the Oracle. If you hire me i am Very good for the programming full stack on your computer and no bug. You respond right away!

Retards

No operator overload.

a.add(b.multiply(c)).equals(d)

I'm thinking of learning Java EE to increase my job prospects, maybe uploading to OpenShift (there's a free tier) a couple of web applications as a portfolio. What's the best resource to learn?

I have been thinking about learning software development. I am 32 and fucking bored doing project management. All I do is use Excel and Project.

I did some programming courses at uni and really enjoyed them but never felt I was smart enough to do it professionally. Now having worked with some developers I realised about 80% of them are fucking idiots and I could do better than them with my basic knowledge of C from uni 14 years ago.

Should I do it user? how long would it take me to learn enough basic Java to get a job do you think?

Just grab a book, probably from O'Reilly but there are other good ones, and work through it a few nights a week. You'll figure out if it's right for you, not because you get it 200% immediately, but because you enjoy it.

yeah I enjoy doing VBA in Excel (shit I know but it makes the day go faster). I know I like the whole sit down with a problem and work out how to fix it process.

would you agree that like 80% of programmers are just code monkeys similar to how i am a spreadsheet monkey?

Idk how to clearly identify who's a codemonkey and who's not, but I know that if you like sitting down and solving problems with whatever tools you've got on hand, whether it's Java or Haskell or even humble Excel+VBA, then you can become good at programming, and have fun doing it too.

just learn Spring

cheers user. just install the jdk and intellij. gonna get myself a shitty app made to see how it goes.

Everyone
>2016
>falling for the C++/C# meme

People who want standard sockets and multithreading on a cross platform language.

Have fun with boost!

this

you mean a + (b * c) == d ?
when is this useful again

Not that user, but probably when working with BigInteger or matrix array.
Not a big issue for me anyway, and i can use stream (Java 8) for array.

I can confirm this
also Hibernate

I use Java for my works.
JPA for database, JAX-RS for REST.
The frontend is a javascript and HTML.

I use it.

What's the best Java UI library?

because JavaFX is shit

I've use java on lots of server side applications but i don't think Java is good for desktop application.

Well the standard toolkits are either Swing or JavaFX. What do you hate about JavaFX? I'm starting to get the hang of using it.

For you? JavaFX is as good as it gets.

Quick question here, i want to start progamming in Java. But what even do i download to start the programming?

oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html

TornadoFx

not true lol

That's just the required kit, Eclipse i found is a shit program. Is there anything else?

Wish I knew. Why are guis such a pain in the ass?

IntelliJ IDEA
jetbrains.com/idea/download/

Netbeans
Notepad++ (use dos to compile and execute)

IntelliJ IDEA.
Vim.
Emacs.

They require knowing special pieces of code to get working. That and building GUIs aren't a daily event for me so anything I learn I might forget for the next time I use them.

Event handlers can suck in Java but at least I know what type of event handlers exist:

docs.oracle.com/javafx/2/events/convenience_methods.htm

Button B = new Button("Don't press me");
B.setOnAction(new EventHandler(){
public void handle(ActionEvent Event){
System.out.println("Don't press me you scrub");
}
});

Should I learn Java or C++ if I want a job?

Literally everyone except people that exclusively develop for Windows or iOS/OSx.

Most of what you do on 'big internet' is powered by Java:

Banking, Google, Amazon, Twitter, eBay, etc etc etc.

Industry wise it's everywhere: Finance (all major banks), aerospace (DnD, NASA, Boeing, Raytheon, Bombardier), embedded systems (phones, smart cards, DVD / blue ray, appliances).

Java is pretty much everywhere, and it's also pretty awesome.

Depends on what type of job you want. If you are looking for some type of back end server job then learn Java. Learn C++ if you are interested in lower level coding like making drivers or desktop applications.

My suggestion is to learn Java first because it is easy. Then learn C++ because every programmer should know at least a little bit.

This guy gets it.

I'm a certified OCP and surprisingly not a Pajeet. I'm a white guy so yes I'm going hella far with Donald Trump as president... besides the point.

For me, Java is very much the sleeper now in terms of perf. It got bad reps with it's initial release and it seems people never got over that hump (you know the saying with first impressions). Everytime there's a rudimentary benchmark thread on Sup Forums with your favorite web app framework, the results with Java and Spring Framework blow everyone out of the water. There's a reason why Twitter migrated from Ruby to the JVM

it's really lacking in power

the most you'll ever do is make some basic office applications/forms

are there any good 2D graphics libraries for java?
trying to make a small game

>it's really lacking in power
in what for example?

What is ocp? And why surprisengly not a pajeet?

>No unsigned integer type
>Schizophrenic Wrapper/Primitive duality that leads to non-sensical casting hell
>no operator overload
>Too verbose, SuckedTooManyDicksInABackAlleyException is self-explanatory, but a pain in the ass to write and reference without using autocompleting IDEs
>deprecated features (RMI, Applets)
>abuse of Decorator pattern
>throwing exceptions fucking everywhere

>I am working for my governments ministry of finance.
t. Rajesh Dickshit
>It's rock-stable and the only thing faster is hand crafted C and it's buffer overflows.
LOL trusting Oracle with your entire government.
>I am making lots of money
A THOUSAND RUPEES a day!
>there are countless possibilities to improve my job situation further
>No Pajeet in sight.
Look outside, with a billion Indians you should see another somewhere nearby.

Oracle Cuck Prepper

Jagex

>It's rock-stable and the only thing faster is hand crafted C and it's buffer overflows.
>LOL trusting Oracle with your entire government.
LOL wanting to segfault your entire government
>Look outside, with a billion Indians you should see another somewhere nearby.
LOL is this what America looks like now? how many streets per American town are designated?

Button B = new Button("Don't press me");
B.setOnAction(e -> System.out.println("Don't press me you scrub"));

Just use lambda expressions

why not just use fxml with SceneBuilder?
@FXML
private void handle() {
System.out.println("Don't press me you scrub");
}

only millenials say bad about java and continue using their shitty scripting languages
good luck with your node4millenials shit

learn vulkan by using the java bindings through lwjgl, you need the sonatype snapshot since the stable release has no vulkan yet

isn't Java2D/java.awt enough for small 2D games though?

i'm assuming Oracle Certified Professional

i've heard about those certs being worthless and a waste of money though

No wonder Pajeets are taking your jobs, if you refuse to use the languages and technologies that are actually useful.

>replying to a NEET basement dweller about how he's not gonna get a job in his memelanguage of choice

Why even bother?

All """people""" like him will ever achieve is getting their dick sucked in the tryhard circlejerk that is /dpt/, making epic fizzbuzzes and other useless shit all day and night long

I use Java, i dont give a fuck if you call me a pajeet. If you wanna get a job, you learn java. Its easy to pick up too

>making epic fizzbuzzes
I could never understand this. for people who think they write clever code and consider themselves better than professional programmers, why didn't they choose something that's even remotely challenging for their main meme, instead of just spamming Hello World 1.01 all over Sup Forums.

because they're not very smart

How do I get a job without a degree? All I do is program for fun and contribute to some open source projects.

I have family money so I can be useless but I feel like a job would be fun.

how much money are we talking? Millionaire status? I need to know