No GTX 1070 thread?

What does Sup Forums think?

Compared to a GTX 970 (3.5 lel), would it be a major upgrade?

What about the DX12 results, would it still suck vs Polaris?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yRxoWkSDhVc&t=208
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/04/amd-polaris-will-be-a-mainstream-gpu/
bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=91880
tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1968975/gen-intel-930-built-graphics.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's faster than TITAN X/980 Ti so yeah, it's a pretty major upgrade over 970 but have to see the reviews first.

The show didn't really say anything about DX12 if I recall.

I'd say just wait for the benchmarks come in. You're already waiting a month for it, might as well give it a few weeks after that.

too low goym for that m8 r8 8/8

but still, should be big?

btw, what was that about it being faster than a TITAN X, 'cause some retard youtubers keep using it for either 1070 or 1080, which one was it truly for?

Jen-Hsun said it was faster than TITAN X at the launch event

>too low goym for that m8 r8 8/8
don't ever quote me again you brain-dead imbecilic redditor

Wot the fok did ye just say 2 me m8? i dropped out of newcastle primary skool im the sickest bloke ull ever meet & ive nicked ova 300 chocolate globbernaughts frum tha corner shop. im trained in street fitin' & im the strongest foker in tha entire newcastle gym. yer nothin to me but a cheeky lil bellend w/ a fit mum & fakebling. ill waste u and smash a fokin bottle oer yer head bruv, i swer 2 christ. ya think u can fokin run ya gabber at me whilst sittin on yer arse behind a lil screen? think again wanka. im callin me homeboys rite now preparin for a proper scrap. A roomble thatll make ur nan sore jus hearin about it. yer a waste bruv. me crew be all over tha place & ill beat ya to a proper fokin pulp with me fists wanka. if i aint satisfied w/ that ill borrow me m8s cricket paddle & see if that gets u the fok out o' newcastle ya daft kunt. if ye had seen this bloody fokin mess commin ye might a' kept ya gabber from runnin. but it seems yea stupid lil twat, innit? ima ****e fury & ull drown in it m8. ur ina proper mess knob.

youtube.com/watch?v=yRxoWkSDhVc&t=208

Waiting for the MSI & EVGA Ti versions.

ty mate

waiting for the gigabyte g1 edition, pretty happy with the 970 edition of it :D

Not worth it, not even using gddr5x. Wait for Polaris 10 and decide as it will likely be as good if not better at a lower price point. If this is the case buying AMD is the way to go if you don't like continuous proprietary nvidia shits taken into your waiting mouth.

All things being equal performance wise, buying AMD means supporting open standards and open source Linux drivers for new cards, external Thunderbolt drivers and more

linux drivers/thunderbolt/amd ... but I don't need taht shit?

from what I read, AMD openly said they aren't competing with 10xx so why wait?

if waiting, I would, but just for the dx12 benchmarks

Hardware wise i don't think Async Compute is a problem anymore since they were just showing off Doom 4 running at over 100fps on a 1080, so that means DX12/Vulkan should be fine

AMD might still win in DX12 though, their drivers just seem to be better for DX12 funny enough

lol what a massive meme. amd are done.

who /gtx1070sli/ here?

When did they say that mang

ill pasta a based user from the other thread:

"AMD said Polaris is mainstream, because they want to increase the market for VR (supposedly) and that a high-end product wouldn't do that.

>I don't think Nvidia is going to do anything to increase the TAM, because according to everything we've seen around Pascal, it's a high-end part. I don't know what the price is gonna be, but let's say it's as low as £500/$600 and as high as £800/$1000. That price range is not going to expand the TAM for VR. We're going on the record right now to say Polaris will expand the TAM. Full stop.
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/04/amd-polaris-will-be-a-mainstream-gpu/

They didn't specifically say anything about 1070 and 1080, because those weren't announced at that time, but at this point it's essentially certain that they will not compete with the 1080 at least. 1070 maybe since that's $380 and I believe they mentioned a $300-something price point too, but we don't know. It's incredibly disappointing to me, especially since I own a 4K FreeSync monitor."

>open standards and open source Linux drivers
open source they said.
open standards they said.
so I got a 390.
it's been unusable for more than six months: bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=91880

fuck amd. never again.

some math for those wondering fps differences between different performance percentage increase.

example if the 10X0 is X% faster than the 980ti you would get:....
10%:
60 vs 54
65 vs 58
70 vs 63
75 vs 67
80 vs 72
85 vs 76
90 vs 81
95 vs 85
100 vs 90
105 vs 94
110 vs 99
115 vs 103
120 vs 108
125 vs 112
130 vs 117
135 vs 121
140 vs 126
145 vs 130
150 vs 135
155 vs 139
160 vs 144
165 vs 148

15%:
60 vs 51
65 vs 55
70 vs 60
75 vs 64
80 vs 68
85 vs 72
90 vs 77
95 vs 81
100 vs 85
105 vs 89
110 vs 94
115 vs 98
120 vs 102
125 vs 106
130 vs 111
135 vs 115
140 vs 119
145 vs 123
150 vs 128
155 vs 132
160 vs 136
165 vs 140

20%:
60 vs 48
65 vs 52
70 vs 56
75 vs 60
80 vs 64
85 vs 68
90 vs 72
95 vs 76
100 vs 80
105 vs 84
110 vs 88
115 vs 92
120 vs 96
125 vs 100
130 vs 104
135 vs 108
140 vs 112
145 vs 116
150 vs 120
155 vs 124
160 vs 128
165 vs 132

25%:
60 vs 45
65 vs 48
70 vs 52
75 vs 56
80 vs 60
85 vs 64
90 vs 68
95 vs 71
100 vs 75
105 vs 79
110 vs 83
115 vs 86
120 vs 90
125 vs 94
130 vs 98
135 vs 101
140 vs 105
145 vs 109
150 vs 113
155 vs 116
160 vs 120
165 vs 124

using anything other than intel integrated gpu in linux

because my cpu doesn't have that.

tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1968975/gen-intel-930-built-graphics.html

Too bad Nvidia just exactly did that, AMD once again showing bad hindsight.

If you want VR the 1080 is the perfect card for you, and for budget the incoming 1060 is going to work too, all the VR goodies from Pascal will also be available for budget cards.

i915 isn't flawless either.

never forget

the 390 is trash

a mate got the 380 and is pretty happy with it

then again he's kinda poor and doesn't have high expectations from his hardware :/

makes me sad. I really wish amd didn't suck so bad, because nvidia is a bunch of assholes.

>tfw AMD is so shit that you're even willing to buy into the 3.5 memevidya

>tfw got a 390 NITRO super cheap and it runs smooth as butter

>Wait for Polaris 10 and decide as it will likely be as good if not better at a lower price point
Do people really believe this?

the price point makes it worth it desu
rip AMD

>tfw 970 cuck

So like many others I have a 970 and a 1080p screen

Would it be way overkill to get a 1070 and keep my old monitor?

why the fuck are you even bothering with a gpu on linux?

in the same boat..

tho thinking about a 1080p 144Hz Gsync monitor

yes. Unless you sell your 970 and keep a good chunk of the price you paid.

I'm either thinking of going 144hz or 1440p

Still think Gsync is too pricey

there's a cheap AOC model that's getting good reviews, look it up..

yes, unknown company, but it only makes monitors and has a good rate so far

what about SLI with 970x2 or 980x2?
Is the microstutter still occurring?

goddamn

SLI support is trash, if you can have equal performance with a single card don't bother with SLI.

If the 1070 benches nearly as well as the 980Ti, I'm getting the latter on the cheap for 1080p/144Hz. So yeah, /waitfag/ here.

Are you trying to make it a meme? You posted screenshot of someone else`s speccy and that`s it. You think you fooling anyone, kid? Stop spamming this shit, no one is going to believe you.

Pascal is just Maxwell + FP64.

Polaris is a new architecture and in 14nm, which is smaller than the 16nm in Pascal.

>implying Pascal isn't a new architecture

user pls

He posted a speccy with the time and date specifically for someone calling him a bullshitter in the original thread. I was following the whole thing.

You have been awarded 2 AMD good boy points!
kys fucking retards.
I was in that thread, doesn't matter - AMD is dead again this year anyway.

You can change date in paint, proves nothing. Shoulda make screenshot or photo with Sup Forums in the background. Also his taskbar had shitload of crappy apps in it. He could actually get some stuttering in games though but only because his OS is bloated with shit and ruined.

Why do you care so much if AMD is dead or not? Just buy your shitvidia card and shut your mouth.

Its a good holdover card till the 1080ti or Vega comes out.

Im considering selling my 980ti, buying the 1070 with no drop in performance and then selling the 1070 to get the true flagship.

Theoretically I could do this and end up spending very little for consistent upgrades.

If you're going to upgrade, fucking upgrade

No sense in going to all that effort to move sideways with very little gain. A 980ti will still be plenty powerful for years to come

When will the Maxwell cards drop price.
>nvidia keeps price tag on Titan X

Its as much about upgrading as it is about saving money.

If i wait too long, the 980ti will drop most its value.

Jen-Hsun said that both the 1070 and 1080 are faster than the Titan X, he also said that 1080 was faster than 980 SLI which itself is faster than Titan X by a decent amount.

>meme
>who sli

>people actually want AMD to go bankrupt so nvidia and intel are the only people making computer shit anymore
enjoy your 2000 dollar cpus and GPUs that underperform when that happens.

>TITAN X
Its a fucking meme. If Jen-Hsun said that 1080 is 20% faster than 980Ti no one would give a shit. BUT ITS FASTER THAN TITAN! TITAN IS MOST POWERFULL VIDEOCARD EVAR.

Seems like a good time to ask, what vender makes the best version of cards? Planning to buy a 1070 this summer if it's as good as I hope it is.

I have an MSI right now, not sure if I should stick with them or get something else.

true dat mayne, most likely will happen

but amd really sucks tho

Those are mostly shitposters and retards from Sup Forums. Do not pay attention to them.

anyone made the joke of AMD's fuck ups due to female CEO?

I want AMD to do well because competition, but they keep fucking up

plenty happy with my Gigabyte G1 Edition 970, coool cooling, clocked as fuck straight out of the box..

people with the MSI version returned their cards the first week.

hearing EVGA is beast as well but I hate the looks of their cards/coolers

Check'd 'n kek'd

>female

Have you seen 'her'?

I really hope Zen is a good competitor to Skylake/Kaby Lake, and pray to God that Polaris/Vega just murder's Pascal, there needs to be competition.

ty bruv much love based user

>tfw I didn't wait for Pascal

Just end my life fampai

Holy fuck she looks like a friend of mine.

Why?

I was too eager to buy my PC so I bought a 390 back in january.
Should have waited for what I can see.

You don`t miss much in terms of performance, m8. 390 is a great card.

>shit drivers
>insane power consumption
>stupidly high temps
>"great card"

I know, I'm quite happy with it, but I'm fairly sure its price is going to drop significantly.

Just get a trip so i can filter you already.

It's not. And that's why Huang didn't even mention any new feature in the Pascal architecture during the presentation.

Because truth is, Pascal is merely a Maxwell die shrink. Just like Ivy Bridge or Broadwell.

Source

They said its going to have real async instead of the predicted emulated one what the Maxwell has

Honestly Im more excited for the 1060 series. If that shit reaches the 980 performance, Im going to be happy

So what makes you think Polaris won't just be a die shrink of Fury?

i have to get ride of my 970 before they announce 1060 otherwise price will drop SOO MUCH if you are right xD

Not him but...
Well, its a completly different architecture since its uses GDDR5(x?)

Here we go again
>>shit drivers
Nvidia has been making shitty drivers all year
>>insane power consumption
300w is not insane
>>stupidly high temps
A few degrees higher than the 970

The x60 series usually released a half year after high end

Is there going to be a 1060? Or anything Pascal for ~$250 or less in the next couple months? Sorry, I've been really out of the loop.

Eventually, but not for a while

nothing official announced yet bruv

here's a shitty chart to give you a guesstimate on the level of performance boost one would expect if "Y" is "%" increase over "X."

so if the memewell 980 ti gets 75 fps in the division then the 1070 would get 86ish if it was 10% faster.

since the 390 and 970 are similar in performance, and the 980 ti was on average ~~~50%~~~ faster than the 970, then the 1080 would be about 70% faster. the 1070 would be about ~~60%~~ faster if it's 10% faster than the 980 ti that many are claiming (nvidia has only stated the performance level of the 1080, not the 1070 yet).

lets say you get 60 fps in the witcher 3 then the 1070 would get ~~96 fps~~ while the 1080 would get ~~102 fps~~ a difference of 36 - 42 fps.

It isn't just a simple die shrink. It's loaded with some new functionality on-die to help it through heavy tessellation workloads, traditionally the achilles heel of AMD GPUs versus Nvidia.

>300w is not insane
It really isn't by enthusiast standards but these newfags probably weren't even around in the 7990/Thermi days.

> then the 1070 would get 86ish if it was 10% faster
>86ish
82ish*

Im new to gaymen, whats the founders edition? Does it make sense to spend extra for a founder's card or should I just get a regular edition?

>mfw I was always AMD cuz muh Perfomance/$
>This blows AMD out of the water

Im sorry AMD, I appricated the effor.... But I waited too long...

>tfw this will prob kill AMD and Nvidia will have no competition... There for no need for effort of innovation

Most likely a better binned chip. We don't know yet

can clock more, custom plate too

So if I'm looking for something in that range Polaris will probably be the better option? I know I could buy a just outdated card for cheaper now, but the better power efficiency and long driver support from the day I buy it make buying mid range cards from the latest generation more attractive to me.

A little boost over previous flagship and a little price reduction will kill AMD? Okey buddy. Bye-bye.

With the Pascal launch we'll probably hear from AMD sooner rather than later, so yeah keep an eye out

He won't even know what that means.

Let's wait until we see what these actually sell for when they hit the shelves. Those currytech shipping manifest rumor mills postulated that Pascal cards will be in such limited supply at first that they might as well be vaporware throughout the summer of 2016 and when a few do turn up, the Neweggs of the world may jack the prices up through the roof. Supply and demand and all that. If Polaris 10 is actually on shelves at $300 delivering "near" 980ti performance while the 1070 and 1080 are just out of stock everywhere, AMD may sell a shitload of them.

I'm being very optimistic about the dates here, but let's say it will take 2 weeks for nonreference cards to show up - how long would it take for them to reach the shithole Philippines?

>The 1080 is fasted than a 980 SLI.
>The 970 faster as a titan X
>AMD 80% new cards are usually rebrands

Okkay buddy bye

Such a great time to be alive.

If all of these turn out to be true tho :D

Dude it was real. Stop defending fucking amd like they're your child. It wasn't edited or anything. I still have the original screenshot of his specs and I'll post it again if you're so desperate to check if it's a fake or not.

Also the email that was emailing him about his game not being redeemable is also real because I've redeemed games via amd and that email was the same one.

What the fuck were you trying to say? That made no sense.