WHAT REALLY MATTERS

Hands down everyone, which system are you more productive on?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)
archive.is/OBGB1
archive.is/tW6fu
archive.is/2XIvX
archive.is/qLRZx
archive.is/thsGd
archive.is/sz1nt
archive.is/g3QdQ
archive.is/ko469
archive.is/l6pmO
archive.is/zK93U
archive.is/CEvKh
archive.is/vhjwm
archive.is/2jehd
archive.is/KQsBh
archive.is/MB0Yy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

OP: Classic mode >>>> .... >>>> everything else

I use my PC for gaming only

OS X > Linux >>> Winblows

Windows 7 basic

The OS I use isn't going to change my productivity.

I'm never using Win10 because it's a privacy nightmare.

OSX > Windows for productivity, idk about linux. For me the office programs are:
Pages >> Word
Excel >> Numbers
Keynote >> PowerPoint.
So I have to have MS office installed for Excel, and I also use their Outlook as I think its more comfy than Apple Mail.

The start menu doesn't change my productivity you autistic faggot.

The one that allows me to use newer programs and APIs while programming.
Linux beats both of them though.

oo much shit gets in the way in anything newer than 7
hell even 7 is stupid as shit sometimes, really miss xp

the search from 7 and i think vista on is just dumb as fuck, you can't search specific types anymore nor decide the exact location of the search either

I was most productive on Vista. Kinda productive on 7. Don't even use 10 as main OS so can't comment.

>Sup Forums
>doing anything productive

top kek m8

Its all these little things Microsoft could improve and certainly have the resources to improve but they just fucking don't. They're too busy dreaming up new ways to piss off their users.

Ms paint hasent been improved in years. They keep dicking around with the games like xp had internet checkers, vista didn't, 7 brought it back, 8 and 10 had no games at all. And how long did windows take to support zip files....

Windows 8 and up.

Win+X is the big one. Not having to move my mouse or type filenames for common system management tasks wins any day.
If you count what's built in, then also Windows 10 for PowerShell version 5. However, that's also installable for Windows 7.

But for the picture provided, OP:
who the fuck cares about the GUI for productivity?
they are so awfully similar it doesn't make a difference. CLI management is where it's at for productivity.

Bottom allows me to glance more information just by looking thanks to live tiles. Besides that, they're mostly the same.

>windows classic theme with fat icons
die

OSX convert here. Took me a little while to like it and I miss a few features, but its better than Windows.

I'd never go to Win 10, all my older machines are on 7 and will never get upgraded.

this

>windows is going to make me become a macfag because of their telemetry bullshit

it hurts Sup Forums. I feel like my long time friend is a bernie supporter now and just called trump a racist.

Windows 10 with Classic shell isn't that bad.

But I miss classic theme.

Windows 8.1

Microsoft is part of NSA's mass surveillance program "PRISM":
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)

Microsoft informs the NSA about bugs before fixing them:
archive.is/OBGB1

Microsoft openly offeres cloud data to support PRISM:
archive.is/tW6fu

Microsoft has backdoored its disk encryption:
archive.is/2XIvX
archive.is/qLRZx

Windows snoops on the users' files, text input, voice input,
location, contacts, calendar records and web browsing history,
even after related settings are turned off:
archive.is/thsGd
archive.is/sz1nt
archive.is/g3QdQ
archive.is/ko469
archive.is/l6pmO
archive.is/zK93U

Micrcrosoft automatically downloads Windows 10 on PCs running
Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 (between 3.5GB and 6GB), even if
users have not opted-in:
archive.is/CEvKh

Windows 10 scans for illegal/pirated software:
archive.is/vhjwm
archive.is/2jehd
archive.is/KQsBh

Microsoft proudly presents surveillance statistics:
archive.is/MB0Yy

> Over 82 billion photos viewed.
> Gamers spent over 4 billion hours playing PC games.
> 44.5 billion minutes/month spent in Microsoft Edge.
> Over 2.5 billion questions asked of Cortana since launch.
> Windows 10 now active on over 200 million devices.

The bottom one, definitely.

OS X with Linux mint cinnamon a close second. I mainly work in lots of terminals, though.

in this thread, after all linux shills got to sleep, we can finally hear what OS does Sup Forums prefer.

Linux > Windows > Temple OS >>> OS X

>2016
>using Windows
Enjoy your viruses

Wow what a complete bullshit post.

If you wanted to rile people up, you should call them software justice warriors.

OSX >>>>>>> Linux (Ubuntu, screw your autistic distros) > Windows 7 > Windows 10 >>>>> Win 8

>Pages >> Word
How comes? I tried different versions and it's utterly horrible, you can't even display couple pages side by side in Pages.

Linux is a kernel, retard. The OS is GNU.

does that make Windows 10 GNU/NT? GNU/kWindows?
Windows 8 is literally 7 without bullshit. There's a bit of bullshit added in form of metro, but easily avoidable.

> without bullshit
Like schizophrenic menus? Preinstalled shit? Store? And while the Metro shit is avoidable, it wastes extra time.

either
but I enjoy the former more than Pajeet's first Deviantart reskin

there's more preinstalled shit on windows 7

Which is easier and faster to delete. Besides, 8 shares the botnet-ness with 10 either way, just looks worse.

8 shares the botnet with 7, know your facts straight.

Windows 95

Definitely windows classic

the new interface has too much mobile-first crap in it. Lack of menus makes it harder, not easier, for me to find operations in programs (or in the OS) that I don't use often. The UI should be simple, consistent, and unchanging, and stay the fuck out of my way when I'm not using it. The Interface Formerly Known as Metro is the exact opposite of that.

my linux laptop

I only use windows [spoiler]7[/spoiler] for muh games

>using metro
nigga what are you thinking

you pick Windows 10 for the keyboard shortcuts. executables don't change names
I havn't touched metro apps ever, I barely use the start menu except for some software that needs to be run with runas. if you feel like you need to use the mouse in Windows 10 for anything, you suck at computers.

>hurr management elitism
The GUI is getting dumbed down for your mother to operate.
If you want to manage your machine, learn the keyboard shortcuts, the mmc commands, PowerShell. Clicking is dead.

if you're willing to do that you might as well use Linux. Everything there supports keyboard-first use a lot better.

I'm more productive on OSX. The UI is close to where I like it out of the box.

I'm also prone to wasting time on customization & configuration on other OS's. The months I've wasted configuring WinXP/Vista/7 and shit like Knoppix, Ubuntu, SuSE to my liking is disgusting.

>he actually cares about the winmenu

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

learn to type faggot

thats probably the thing i find the most interesting with linux. when you master the keyboard, you'lll find windows is a fucking drag.

You realise 8 iso is like half a GB more than 7's, right? There's way more bloat in 8 and 10 (even in LTSB edition) than 7.

This man speaks truth.

.You can't even highlight in pages..

Top, i think I'll install xp jusy for this