If you have to ask, just kill yourself.

>mfw this thread

dumb
trip
fag
>hitting enter twice
gb2leddit

To have more ram. I have 12gb on my T420

Do I need it? nope. Do I use it? nopers.

But it damn sure feels good I have it

depends what kinda work you do.
for some web browsing and light c/delphi programming (terminal programs and 2D games), my previous laptop with 1.5GB was fine.
at work I'm using a jetbrains = java = memory hog IDE, have two VMs fired (local environment for testing web systems), plus some company-approved IM + mail client + some other stuff; either way, usually I'm somewhere between 5 and 7 GB used. So I can easily imagine if you need more VMs, or do some heavy image/video editing, you will need more.

Because event though I idle at 256MB of ram
certain games like dark souls will eat 7GB of ram

Some people use their computers for purposes other than gaming, web browsing, media consumption or light office tasks. And we are probably not far away from the point when games start to utilize more ram.

Idiot.
You're just as bad as him for replying

this and also compiling android, I know it works with less but swap is shit and compil times are too long

This, I get up to around 6-7 when doing stuff so it's nice to not have to worry about disk thrashing.

Still not as bad as the retards with 32 GB and an SSD who just disable the swap file completely when the OS is designed to have one even if it isn't used much.

>30€ per 8GB stick
>still asking this question

When was the last time you had warm meal OP?

>8GB stick
What is this, 2010?

Ask her if she watches you masturbate.

What the fuck year is it when these bait threads are still working. What the heck

Because compared to all other components, 32 GB of RAM are cheap and mean that I can run bloated IDEs written in Java without pain.

Because both Firefox and chrome have constant memory leaks and I like doing more than one thing at once on my computer.