What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/1703567677/icontrolpad-2-the-open-source-controller
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

overpriced
bulky

Literally all they did was put linux in a x86 box - pricks couldn't be arsed to use mobiletier ARM

-Price
-Timing

arm processor

As thick as a fucking brick
Weak as fuck
Overpriced

And like said, poorly timed, the GPD-Win blows this thing out.

Everything.

Is the ultra-chink version even competitive with winblows 10?

>Texas Instruments OMAP 5 SoC
>2x ARM Cortex-A15 @ 1.5Ghz with NEON SIMD
>2x ARM Cortex-M4
>PowerVRâ„¢ SGX544-MP2

What year is this?

What would have ARM changed?

So is it on ARM or x86?

It's ARM

Oh wow I forgot about this, well it looks like shit, it's thick, and I'm pretty sure at the time the PSP played pretty much all emulators except N64 well for way less.

Any modern cellphone plays any emulator.

There's literally no reason to buy the Pyra over this kickstarter.com/projects/1703567677/icontrolpad-2-the-open-source-controller and using your cellphone.

But the icontrolpad2 flopped. I backed it and only got 2/3 of my money back

Oh, I didn't know that. Why if flopped?

Meanwhile, the chinks that made the GPD XD are making this.

And it cost less than the Pyra.

This cost 299 with 4GB of ram

The 2GB, none mobile edition of the Pyra is 376 dollars

They said if they hit some funding goal they would add backlighting and this ended up making it fail. They underestimated how much they had to redesign and that adding the translucent material and LEDs were more expensive than anticipated.

Maybe some internal stuff too. The uk guy dropped the company and sold his house to give back money to refunds

Just get a cellphone mount like the gameklip and add in a PS3 controller with an OTG cable you dumb niggers.

It's stupid to buy this device for emulation if you already have a cellphone.

The worst part is the PowerVR SGX544. Thing is ancient and super hostile to open source, so the blob is all you'll ever get. Meanwhile, the Pi is running desktop OpenGL.

What are the M4s for?

Fucking look at it

Price

what is this and where do i get one

I've been using my cellphone for emulation for a while and I'm actually tempted by this. Higher specs, has a lot more battery power, can run the very extensive suite of free emulators for Windows, not having to deal with connecting your controller via bluetooth even though it's literally holding the cellphone, etc.

I often play in the bus and it drains a lot of my battery for the rest of the day.

It's nice having a dedicated machine with s big battery so you don't drain your phones

>What went wrong?
Just look at that piece of shit

>atom
Nope

Thats just what unriced Debian looks like

>What went wrong? - Asked his dad
>Just look at that piece of shit - Answered his mom, looking at OP while he was making this thread

GPD Win

Too expensive and weak specs
As mentioned timing was also bad, with gpd win being more powerful, cheaper and likely to release first.

>What went wrong?
nothing, pissdora fagboys autism prevailed

Actually that's just the down payment.
Standard 2gb ram pyra costs about 677 dollars.

Atoms are pretty good these days.

maybe wouldve been impressive in 2008 when the pandora was first announced. They couldn't manufacture them fast enough to keep up with the times

lmao the icontrolpad 2 was made by the same guys that made the open pandora

Coincidence?

Bay trail and cherry trail are a huge step up from the older atoms.
Unfortunately Intel seem to be discontinuing the atom line.

How can you find that surprising since it is literally the same design as the open Pandora. The name they chose is both surprising and shameful

no, i was laughing at the guy saying that the open pandora was trash while claiming that the icp2 was all he needed. also craig rothwell is why the pandora almost completely failed and was why the icp2 failed.

>bluetooth
I mentioned in my post that you can use a cable.
Battery isn't an issue, I got 3 extra batteries for my s3, each one gives me about 2-3 hours of emulation without an issue.

Arm+ ancient cpu