PENTIUM III INSIDE

What os can i put on this 17 year old laptop?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.thewindowsclub.com/windows-hardware-devices/28053-windows-7-dinosaur.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Windows XP
Windows 2000
Windows NT 4.0
Windows ME
Windows 98SE
BSD
Some lightweight GNU/Linux that ships with a DE/WM that looks like total ass like Lubuntu

XP
Linux
???

Windows 10

>>Some lightweight GNU/Linux that ships with a DE/WM that looks like total ass like Lubuntu
that's not how you do that
if you're running Linux on a shitbox you don't use a DE, you use i3 or something. Or make do without X at all

>pentium III can't run X

I'm just echoing what people usually line up to tell these kinds of posters to squander their hardware on, I never run a DE on old shit either.

Xp

>get anything ressembling flash memory
>put it inside
>install arch
>install i3
>???
>dicks

Any minimal distro with Openbox. Or skip a GUI altogether and just use commandline/ncurses programs.

I have a Compaq Evo N600 that's a dedicated music machine with moc for the garage.

Crabby OS

>install this meme and this meme on this meme with this meme installed

Gentoo

id prefer a gui because im too stupid to remember commands. im not even sure the ethernet works. no drivers help on xp and ubuntu didnt connect at all.

is there any modern os's that can run on a pos?

just put windows 2000 on it nigger
if it's a dell you'll have drivers out the ass on their site

they dont work on xp so why would they for 2000? I downloaded a copy just for kicks but i think its just broke.

because 2000 is probably what that hardware was built to run? are you sure you even downloaded the right drivers? it's OS-dependent you know

yep. i download xp drivers. whenever i get a chance i'll do the same for 2000.
they also have drivers for windows 3 to xp, os2 and red hat.

actually yes, but embedded gentoo on a USB drive.

or maybe puppy linux

OpenBSD is your only answer.

Fag with a slightly older laptop here. Can advise Win98SE or Win2K if you want Windows. If yours isn't as temperamental as mine, you could do XP no problem, too.

Otherwise, there's always Damn Small Linux.

Believe in yourself.

>tfw the laptop you used to use is now 17 years old...
Time is reckless...

>RARE PEPE, DO NOT SAVE

PuppyOS

Tfw your rare peepee gets stolen

I actually kek'd when I noticed its a tumbnail

get on my level

Thanks for reminding me that I have one almost the same as your pic.
Gonna try and revive it.
That box on the left was over the keyboard which is why it doesn't have dust on that part.

tomshardwareguide

Please advise, I would like a challenge.

Working with P2@233MHz, 320MB RAM, only CD and floppy available. Never been able to get it to properly boot from USB.

Thanks.

forum.thewindowsclub.com/windows-hardware-devices/28053-windows-7-dinosaur.html

The motherfucker doesn't say how he did it. And I'm too shit to get any more creative than more google searches.

I remember reading somewhere else that he whitelisted the CPU on an installation ISO while using the developer preview version.
It would be cool if a Sup Forumsentooman could achieve that t.b.h.

id rather have an older version or open source

damn, just damn.

I used to have Thinkpad 380XD (P-233MMX/96MB Ram) and it kinda struggled with XP.
But this? Goddamn.