/wdg/

/Wdg/ someone will post the sticky.

didn't see one so i made it. how does pic related look been working on it for a few days.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ideceddy/js_slides
nginx-win.ecsds.eu/download/
rizon.net/chat
codecademy.com/
bento.io/
programming-motherfucker.com/
github.com/vhf/free-programming-books/blob/master/free-programming-books.md
theodinproject.com/
github.com/dypsilon/frontend-dev-bookmarks
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_application_frameworks
pastebin.com/q5nB1Npt/
libraries.io/
pastebin.com/4YeJAUbT/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you've been working on that for few days then kill yourself. Also

Q_Q well like 3 days maybe spent like 1-2 hr a day.

>Also
Isn't this web-dev general? room 213 right? oh god I'm in the right place right.

wut

>web dev
>dev

Design is a mile away from actual dev

Frontend designers trying to write servers in fucking javascript have only desecrated the meaning

Wait hold up nigga. So whats the difference between a font end guy and a back end guy?

It's self-implied. Frontend developers focus on the *front end* of a website. There's also another important distinction here; unless there is a decent amount of programming involved, you're only designing. Markup languages (HTML/CSS) is not programming.

The title of frontend developer exists because complex interactive frontends exist; essentially views that basically act like a client interfacing with a RESTful backend. A simple HTML page doesn't do that.

ok so if im following you. The only front end WEB-DEVS that matter are the ones that work solely in JS and are working on complex UIs?

dont listen to this tard. Css/html is annoying and hard as fuck to work on, its a skill. I appreciate all developers including front and backend

I mean I like to work on both front and back. but I kinda have to choose witch one I want to do at one time. I think this pick looks better.

Developer has always been synonymous with programmer, even at the bottom of the barrel that is webdev. Sorry friendo.

You can validate how (relatively) hard CSS/HTML is all you like, but you might as well be calling Word users proficient enough to use styles developers too.

Unless programming is involved, anything you do on the frontend is design-related.

Okay, so I need to write something that triggers actions on specific events for my smarthome, let it be a specific time or a specific value.
I thought about providing basic events such as time and values, and based on that a user can create new events that are composed of other events. An example would be "didn't wake up already" which would trigger when the light (a value in my database) is still off at 8am. That event would then trigger the actions "turn light on" and "start coffeemachine".

Is there a better way to inplement this? I'm not too sure about my approach.

i dont understand your point? How can you say html/css programming is not webdev?

I built something for this site but ended up not using it because I couldn't make it look good.

I was thinking about making the top nav-bar to have a hide button, but desu i don't think it needs it.

github.com/ideceddy/js_slides

hey guys, a few days ago (maybe?) i came in looking for windows nginx binaries that had the http2 module included because i didnt feel like setting up a build environment. somehow i managed to stumble upon some, so i thought as a proper forum user id give the answer that i found myself to my "problem." found them here:
nginx-win.ecsds.eu/download/

Okay, since this asshole didn't save the OP, maybe we should take the opportunity to make a new one with less outdated shit in it.

All I could find is this old version from september:

>IRC Channel
#Sup Forumswdg @ irc.rizon.net
Web client: rizon.net/chat

>Learning material
codecademy.com/
bento.io/
programming-motherfucker.com/
github.com/vhf/free-programming-books/blob/master/free-programming-books.md
theodinproject.com/

>Frontend development
github.com/dypsilon/frontend-dev-bookmarks

>Backend development
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_application_frameworks
[Gist] [Gist] backendDevelopmentBookmarks.md (embed) or [Gist] backendDevelopmentBookmarks.md (embed)

>Useful tools
pastebin.com/q5nB1Npt/
libraries.io/ - Discover new open source libraries, modules and frameworks and keep track of ones you depend upon.

>NEET guide to web dev employment
pastebin.com/4YeJAUbT/

Aside from the obvious broken gist links, what should we get rid of? And what if any new shit should we add to it? I don't have the discord link, but let's be honest, no one was using that anyway.

Learning material
w3schools
freecodecamp

Added those and also MDN and crockford js lectures. Anything else?

Wow, OP, that looks terrible. Sounds like you're selling snake oil as well.

anybody on a linux desktop while doing front end webdev?
What works, what is better in other OS?

New thread with OP info here