Microsoft make DX12 Windows 10 only

>Microsoft make DX12 Windows 10 only
>Microsoft stops AMD users to get more out of their hardware, if they don't use win10
>My 290X will never see fabolous DX12 performance
I don't want to downgrade to win 10 and not everyone has mantle

Wat do?

Other urls found in this thread:

ocbase.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm also in the predicament, was going to cave and buy better but is there now any need to do so?

Install gentoo and tell devs if they don't port the game to linux you won't buy it.

Well it seems you will have to install w10. Considering you play with closed source electronic toys I dont think privacy is or should be a concern to you.

I recently bought a XFX 290X for 400$, was it a better decision than going with a R9 390?
>inb4 price is too high
I bought a 280X in that Shop when I was younger, Which was faulty after some time, so I had 300$ i only could spent at their Shop.

>implying they give a fuck about 1 Single (1) sale

Just Dual Boot, fuck.

>i shouldn't have to!!!!

Well that's like your choice man.

So just upgrade to Windows 10? it's [spoiler]FREE[/spoiler] for only a little while longer. I think it is just as good/better than 7.

Its not even about the privacy (any Windows is fucked, but I mainly use it for games, Linux for the Rest) it just looks fucking ugly. Also, when I tried it out, my overclocked wasn't stable on it and I got a lot of Bluescreens

I have the exact same card and recently went to Windows 10, it seems to give me weird display glitches especially in Firefox.

Every game I play however is solid @ 1080p

install xubuntu

If you want it, get win 10 or just don't, what kind of fucking retarded question is this? What do you expect to hear?

>recently bought a 290X for 400$
you can't be serious

myself here
i'm a fucking idiot
sorry

It's not even a downgrade un less your autistic for UI consistency.

The schedular and resource allocation is way better.

The biggest downside is the adware but any competent person from Sup Forums should know how to easily block it

>what is vulkan?

Besides being about a year behind DX12 of course. The magic of vulkan is - in theory - it lets devs ditch DX11 entirely.

write to devs
ask for vulkan games
let them know you're disappointed in their use of dx12

>I don't want to downgrade to win 10

but w10 is better in every way retard

Well, is it so much worse than a 390?

How bad did I fuck up with a 290X instead of a 390?

Until you run out of vram a 290x is always faster than a 390 due to having more compute units.

Will the 390 be fast enough to benefit from its 8Gb? (In 1080p)

no it's better, it's just that you could have nearly got a 390X, with more ram, at that price.
but hey, if you went with the 290X Vapor-X, you've got the best card on the market!

That fucking Shop is overpriced as hell, but the only 390X they had was the Sapphire one and that has a fucking 375W Power consumption.
Sucks that I had could only use the 300$ from the 280X in that shop

There is no real answer to that due to how DX11 works. Namely memory management is a case of "gibe moar plox" so a game will cache what it can, even if some of the assets are never used.

At resolutions and settings where 8gb vram really is needed then you don't have the raw gpu grunt to get playable framerates. Really the 390/x have 8gb memory simply because AMD could do so (see also: how only sapphire had 8gb 290x models for a looooong time until AMD lifted the restriction).

>vapor-x
>best

Move aside pleb.

Are you retarded? Windows 10 is just faster 7 with a shittier start menu that can be fixed with classic shell.

>Vapor x
Its the XFX double dissipation
>75C with 1120mhz Core and 1420mhz on the memory

I wanted to get this lightning, my nearby belgian store didn't have it and it was too late to get a brand new one.
went with a 780ti.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Does this mean i can overclock it further to 105 C?
Isnt the 290X made for toasty temps?

Don't use OCC to stress test - its a power virus. Pick the most stressful game you own (preferably one with a built in benchmark for consistent results) or something like firestrike or unigine valley.

Set your overclock and see if it will complete 3-4 benchmark runs. If it does, crank it up further.

Bonus option: set resolution to 3200x1800 to really pummel your gpu.

Pic related, running at 3200x1800 AND with ssaa turned on.

Literally install gentoo and KVM, only run windows 7 for games

>OOC
??

OCC*

Or furmark, whatever. Both do the same thing so I get them confused. Point is don't use either of them to stress test.

(that and the screenshot is labelled occ)

ocbase.com/

Vulkan, faggot
both Nvidia and AMD will use it

I've been running 10 since July and I really don't get what your problem is.

Have you thought about not being a fucking retard? Grow up.

There is no reason to use Windows 7 over Windows 10 besides Memes.

>ugly

Use classic shell

Prove it.