Is windows 10 really as good as they say it is?

Is windows 10 really as good as they say it is?

Other urls found in this thread:

archlinux.org/news/data-corruption-on-software-raid-0-when-discard-is-used/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes. It really is that bad.

Well this was a good thread. Glad it's over

But Windows 10 Enterprise LTSb is so clean and non bloated. it's pretty much an Gentoo install for Windows

FIRST POST
BEST POST

Just read, the update will cost $119 from july 30.

Suck on that lemon....

Is it possible to "create installation media" install on another pc then downgrade to windows 7 equivalent?

And pirating it, as always, won't cost a thing.

How much did you pay for your entrepreneurial freedom?
My cleanux was free

>OneDrive
>Updates can be be delayed but still forced

Sage, report and hide

Sage goes in all fields

>tfw considering installing 10 because I dual boot and use linux for everything but muh gaymz and I don't have a windows 7 iso and my internets slow.

Op here. Also on dual boot with 7 and lunix. Starting to wonder why not?

I'm about to find out. I have no idea wtf happened to my Win7 iso but I don't feel like waiting all night for it to download.

Nobody says that.

So you download the win10 iso instead in 5 minutes, right?

So what can you do to make windows 10 bearable?
Besides tossing any device with it on in a fire

Install win7 or gen2

Windows 10 is so awful that I've switched to Linux; an operating system known to destroy itself by simply installing video drivers.

Fuck that it's not worth it. Pirating anything after Windows 7 is an absolute pain in the ass.

You need to run a VM acting as a KMS every 90 days. If you forget to do that at any point MS panics and starts a background service scanning their (now incredibly bloated) system directories to check for consistency for some stupid fucking reason.

Then it completely cucks your machine until you crack it again. I miss the SLIC/SLP loader. I can't believe it, but it's literally not worth my time to pirate Windows anymore.

So you installed arch?

Oh please, 'Arch breaks everything' is the stupidest fucking meme.

Your choice is between Debian/Ubuntu/Fedora which breaks everything every 6 months and you're completely screwed; or Arch/Gentoo which breaks everything precisely when upstream breaks it, and then explains exactly how to fix it in their newsletter / mailing list.

As long as you didn't fall for the SSD meme while using soft-RAID0[1] you'll be fine.

[1]: archlinux.org/news/data-corruption-on-software-raid-0-when-discard-is-used/

It's the closest to Linux that MS has ever been; it's like unfinished software, but with better hardware support.

That's a cool story, but ubuntu doesn't break if you install video drivers or upgrade to a newer release

Every time I did a dist-upgrade / do-release-upgrade / yum distro-sync / dnf upgrade / etc. was always an absolute nightmare.

The only reason nothing breaks in minor upgrades is because they freeze packages at ridiculously old versions; you can accomplish the exact same thing in Arch w/ an IgnorePkg directive.

Though I'm not sure why you'd want to, I have an Arch install that's ~7 years old now. It's survived a handful of WM/DE changes, a completely different init system, an inplace migration from ext3 to ext4.

I don't even remember the last time I had to reconfigure Xorg, but if you want to think that's what I spend all my time doing, you go right ahead.

>uses arch
>complains about drivers breaking
>except they don't break arch at all
>but debian/ubuntu/fedora sux!!!!!!11111
ok

wut?

all you do is click on window slodader which everyone ou use.

ssd meme? really?

Sup Forums has gotten weird

where are you guys getting these enterprise isos?

How terrible exactly is the enterprise version of Windows 10? Is it possible to disable all telemetry, like in 7? I'm currently on 7 but sometimes I start to worry that I'm getting memed.

>Is it possible to disable all telemetry, like in 7?
you can do this with any edition of 10 now, since ~6 months ago, using third-party tools

No.

1) Read, just breaks graphics, and if you don't update for half a year, sometimes ssh and some other shit.
2) You do realize we aren't talking about integrated graphics? I hope you do.
3) Also, I have been running Ubango 14.04 since release.
I do upgrades really whenever sometimes for half a year at a time, and nothing breaks. Nothing.
4) Your full of shit unless you aren't using LTS. And in the case you are:
Still better than Arch.

Also Anime is gay

Nah. It's alright and it's got some neat features, but it really still feels like a beta. It's pretty solid for like a laptop, or even a gaming machine (especially for DirectX 12), but for getting work done I'd rather be on 7.

I'd say if you're on 8, upgrade now, if you're on 7, reserve your copy and wait for 10.1 at least.

1. Run Microsoft toolkit
2. ???
3. Profit

>Is it possible to disable all telemetry, like in 7?
No.
And don't listen to any fool that would say otherwise.
It's too embedded in the entire system so you can't get rid of it.