Which OS is GOAT?

Which OS is GOAT?

Other urls found in this thread:

hannahmontana.sourceforge.net/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Windows 10

$.02 have been added to your Microsoft account, Praneeth.

Probably Slackware, if we're being honest.

>Gentoo
>FreeBSD
>Slackware
>Debian

Definitely Slackware.

>Mom's stuff

Ummm

Isn't slackware on a really old kernel, like 3.10 or something

Holy shit, someone else that knows Zorin exists

Currently, yeah, but 14.2 is out soon based on 4.4.9

Where do you download the most up to date version? All I see is 14.1 iso images

Well, you can just install it and upgrade, there's an option in the install to upgrade during the process. Easiest to do with a LAN cable, if you don't want to try configuring WiFi on the command line.

Uhh, I think I saw somewhere that AlienBOB also does ISOs of whatever's on current. Maybe check his website.

Alright I'm thinking of ditching Arch and installing Slackware, never used it before. I need to find a new home.

I've never used Arch, so I can't really compare it, but I like Slackware. Been using it for several years, I switched after getting annoyed at systems that just automatically update and break shit.

If you're going to use it, the first two things you'll want to get after you install is slackpkg+ and sbopkg. The first expands the normal package manager to be able to use other repos, and the second is a separate package manager that downloads and compiles stuff from slackbuilds.org.

Once you install slackpkg+, have a look at its config file at /etc/slackpkg/slackpkgplus.conf (I think, off the top of my head) and down the bottom is a list of repos you can use, although I tend to just stick to alienBOBs repos and multilib (for gaymen).

If you want KDE5, look up and install the ktown repo.

Also, if you're vehemently anti-systemd and whatever the hell that guy's name is, you should be able to disable pulseaudio just by doing chmod -x on the relevant rc file in /etc/rc.d and it'll go back to alsa. Never tried though.

Windows 7. Both 8.1 and 10 have the same "yo, here's a tablet interface to do your stuff, but you're better off with the legacy menu, there you can actually do what you are trying to do", and that's also what happens on linux with the terminal.
Otherwise either centOS or debian.

This trend in software is annoying. The irony is that toy oses like osx or android nail it.

This man gets it

Osx 10.8

This.

osx snow leopard

TempleOS

GNU. Distro doesn't matter a lot.

>Distro doesn't matter a lot.
Done!

hannahmontana.sourceforge.net/

I think you misunderstood. I'm saying GNU is the best, and that the rest doesn't matter much. I was trying to avoid discussing distros but instead here you are.

Derivatives are always bad. This means Linux Mint, Ubuntu, Antergos, Manjaro, etc.

Xubuntu

Wallpaper link?