>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>Shit on Touchwizz
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

Go!

Other urls found in this thread:

extremetech.com/mobile/228077-verizons-latest-samsung-galaxy-s7-update-adds-even-more-bloatware
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm afraid the next Moto's could suck :(

how do i fuck my mobile phone

I just bought my first smartphone, an LG G4.
What's the point of shit like Nova Launcher over stock?
I've already installed Adguard since I didn't want to root before warranty is up.

>marshmallow or better
>not too big
>good storage plus expandable
>less than £150
Ty

REDMEME
NOTE

Will redmi 3 pro prices drop now that the latest piece of shit is out?

no because baka gaijin buy them

Fuck.

Aud is shit enough, was hoping for a small break

So I'm stuck with this brick piece of shit until I get paid. I'm a poorfag so I'm probably not going to get anything fancy.

What's a good bare-bones Android right now?

> verizon can now upload bloatware directly into Samsung Galaxy S7s disguised as updates...

extremetech.com/mobile/228077-verizons-latest-samsung-galaxy-s7-update-adds-even-more-bloatware

Verizon is now officially Comcast of mobile phone data plans.

>land of the free

should i use towelroot or cyanogen to root my samsung s5? wanting a fresh install already have the data i need backed up

twrp

already requires a rooted device

>What's a good bare-bones Android right now?
ebay shit
aliexpress shit

not using the bootloader install method
get a usb cable

are there any dual-sim dual-active phones out?

Plenty

>cyanogen to root
Wat

>recently get a Moto G3, first android phone I had
>Android 6.0.1 rolls in
>battery life suddenly reduced from 5-6 days to 1,5 (at best)
Thanks Google! Thanks a fucking lot.
Is it possible to go back?

try a factory reset first

I have the Moto G2 and it was the same for me, it's better after the hard reset tho.

Today, I went to shop to see some phones for real, isntead of looking at pics. My main direction was Xperia devices, but I stumbled upon HTC M9. And oh God was it amazing. Literally blew my mind.
>Solid metal build quality
>Beautiful, premium design
>Amazing fit in one hand
>Beautiful sharp, crisp, colorful screen
>Blazingly fast UI and windows animations
>Beautiful, clean looking UI
>Fast focusing camera
>Quite beautiful camera shots (seen better for this price, but I'm not a pro-photographer)
>Quite fast in app opening

Too bad it's still a 5' and the battery could be better.

xiaomi
check out /csg/ thread for help

the htc phones look nice, but the m8 and m9 are so gigantic, I'd prefer a smaller phone tbqh. I'll probably go for the z5c on xda they are already working on a cm rom.

>z3c gets update
>apps playing no longer appear on lock screen
how do you fuck up these things?

6.0.1 OTA? what do you mean by apps playing?

Get the m8 I say. It has better battery life and more rom development.

Too bad it's using housefire SoC.

Sony Xperia Z5 seems like the best option atm. It has everything 6P and Note 5 have, but its just better design. Maybe I'm wrong.

Yeah, I mean when playing music/podcast or casting something there used to be a mini-player on the lock screen so you didn't need to enter said app to pause or play. Now it just isn't there half the time.

Would you recommend M8 or M8s?

It's honestly a good phone, too bad the hatewagon shat on it.

Also, Its camera shits the bed in conditions with less-than-ideal lighting.

Regular m8,

#1 rule of android: never get a "spin-off" phone if you're into custom roms. Get nexuses or mainline flagships.

What if I want to have it stock? I feel like M8s is better because it's more fresh and up-to-date.

>Huawei Honor 7
Paid it 280€, coming from a galaxy s5 that was really starting to piss me off for how much I hated touchwiz

Pros:
>phone looks solid and build quality is really nice unlike the S5
>fingerprint sensor is rear placed and insanely fast
>UI is nice, currently on miui 4.0 (Android 6.01), they even reduced the navbar
>has an additional button you can bind to any action, you can even do different actions by double pressing, long press, single press
>RAM usage is actually really good, I never filled more than 2/3 gigs
>expandable storage

Cons:
>camera takes good detailed photos but colors are washed up
>battery life not as good as it was in 5.0
>auto brightness values are too low and I find myself using manual brightness often
>difficult to root
>no roms except for stock

Honestly it's a really good phone for the price

Nova tends to be faster and easier on system resources, as well as allowing you to customize the grid size and icons. Just don't get caught in the 'ricing' shit as it's completely pointless.

Thoughts on Oukitelel K10000?

Galaxy S5
CM 12.1
TWRP 3.0.2-1

How do I go about figuring out why this little cunt is in a bootloop?

Hi anons, I want to get a top tier android with a great battery life, what do you recommend?.
I actually have an iPhone and I'm done with it. Money is no problem

I just rekt a friends Huawei P8 Lite and I want to buy him a new phone, he just uses it for music, texting, etc. No Gaming or anything. What would you guys recommend ?

Hey /spg/, i want to buy a new cellphone and I have around 200 dolars
What I should buy?

M3 note

>always been prejudiced towards chinkshit
>order a xiaomi last month
>mfw its fucking glorious
I want to thank the Chinese god, Mao or something for this shit.

RN3P.

Hmm... Just buy him a new p8. How much is your budget btw?

Get the m8 anyway. The snapdragon 615 in the m8s barely keeps up with basic tasks. The m8 may be dated but it's rocking a snapdragon 801, still a perfectly viable soc today.

s7 edge or regular s7.

Note 6 if you can wait for 4 months.

>Sup Forums shilling all these shitty 720p $100-$200 Chinese phones
>Mean while used LG G3's and S5s are around the same price or lower

*2 months for the Note 6. Rumor has it that it'll release in mid-July.

Thanks. What makes the note 6 so special in comparison with the s7?.
My knowledge of the android world is limited

There are about 10 different variants of the S5. I'd recommend figuring out which one you have and going to device specific forums and asking there.

Convince me to buy a redmeme note 3 pro for $200 when my replacement is up and I can get an S7/S7 Edge for ~$200.

It'll have all the features samsung has to offer (i.e. s-pen) except edge features. It will also be a beast with android N, 6gb ram and up to 256gb rom

S7 is better. redmeme is for poorfags. MiUi is 10x more cancerous than touchwizz.

You're comparing a $700 phone with a $200 phone. If you can get the Samsung at that price, by all means go for it.

Any free sim unlock codes available that work?

Well in that case is there any phone better than the S7/edge or verizon and even then between the regular and edge.

HTC 10 is decent alternative. edge if you prefer bigger screens, otherwise it's just a gimmick.

Not interested in a big screen or phablet really, I just want whatever has the best battery life and has the wireless charging so I can quit breaking shitty micro usb charging ports.

The edge just seemed good since it was waterproof, had wireless charging and good battery life. Something I could put cyanogen on now or in the future would be a plus too.

Go for it, it's a great phone.

I bought a second hand S4 and it's great, but it asked me for my google account and now it doesn't ask for my password when I want to access gmail. How can I make it ask for the password instead of automatically logging in?

Does iOS still have the modulable vibration? On stock android I'm stuck with this fuckin noisy vibration, and there's no way to make it not sound like a damn MIG is flying over my house

Yes it still does.

Thank god.

>being able to regulate your vibration without having to lose warranty

Not pro-Android very much.

So the new Android security update is out and I'm seizing the opportunity to completely wipe my phone and set it up again.

I flashed the factory image and encrypted it. Now, can I flash a custom recovery (TWRP 3.0.2 to be precise) without fucking up the encryption? Or do I flash the custom recovery (and maybe root tool) BEFORE encrypting? Sorry, I'm new to this.

Help me decide what chinkphone to get sempais. I'm torn between the redmi 3 pro or the redmi 3 note pro 16/2gb version. I can get either for about the same price. The note 3 abviously has a better screen and processor, but one gb ram less and probably a bit worse battery life. It's also slightly larger, but not overly so compared to the regular redmi. I'm mostly concerned that 2gb might not be enough, though I have to say that I'm not into mobile 3d gaming or anything. Mostly just browsing and watching vietnamese basket weaving videos. Wat do?

R3 Is enough for casual use. only get the note if you want bigger screen and 1080p.

Does the regular redmi 3 get about the same level of ipdate/rom support? I don't need any speshul pajeet roms, probably just going to stick to MIUI since I'm a huge casual when it comes to smartphones.

You can flash the global ROM or xiaomi.eu ROM after you get bootloader unlock code.

>ASUS Ze fone 2 Laser
Paid 172$ shipped
Using Ting network (locally Sprint i think)
Overall i am very happy with it, but i do have a couple complaints
>"Home" button is super close to the spacebar on he keyboard. Easy misclick
>Sometimes the keyboard stays up while the screen ia locked. Not sure if this is an Android problem or ASUS's custom ZenUI problem
9/10, would consider the product line again in the future

So it does have a global/eu ROM, that's nice. I tried looking over the forums but half the posts were in horrible broken english and the other half couldn't seem to agree if there was one or not. Anything specific I need to write when requesting the unlock?

Great, I'm gonna wait then.

Say your'e a developer in need of an unlocked bootloader and that should do it.

allright, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for your help, sempai.

Selling Nexus 5 because its battery is shit.
the performance on it is superb though.

What's a good phone that'll last me at least a year that is similar or better in performance and price???

>Budget
$400 outright
>Preferred Locale
Canadia
>RAM
minimum 2, prefer 3 if possible
>What I do
Snapchat, Text/Call at a minimum, lots of music streaming and video streaming via WiFi. That's it.

OnePlus 2.

Guys I need help rooting my Note 4, it's a n910H model, and there doesn't seem to be any way to do it.

Could you guys help me out here?

what's a nice midrange phone with removable storage for T-mobile
bonus points if offscreen home and back buttons

So my employer is buying me a phone of my choosing for work, and I wanted to know what is recommended as far as Android goes. Right now I have a Moto X and it's alright, but the battery life is killing me. Last phone I had was an S3. Everything I read is "Galaxy S7/S7 Edge!" But I don't know how good they actually ARE.

What for?

Galaxy S7/E is top dog in Samsung's line-up. And probably the best out there at the moment.

Roger that. Is the Edge "better" than the 7, or is it just the gimmicky sidebar thing?

To cut my story short, does the mozilla for firefox have some kind of pop-up/ad blocker. I'm sick of those YOUR PHONE HAS BEEN INFECTED pop ups and crap like that.
Related to that, should I ever worry about that stuff? I don't see it often, but does it pose any real danger?

the edge sidebar is a little gimmicky, I barely use it on my s6+, but if your work is paying for it, FUCK IT!

Mozilla for android*

>HTC One M8
>Was a massive improvement over my Galaxy S3
>Battery still lasting a fair amount of time but getting hot as fuck after over a year of using it
>Starting to run slower

Not sure if I should go with an M9 when I can upgrade my contract or something else entirely. After the piece of shit that was the Galaxy S3 I don't think I wanna touch another Samsung phone. Anyone got recommendations?

My company just gave me this one. Is it good? It's my first smartphone.

Edge is a meme, it adds mostly "dem aesthetics", but not much more. Added Edge functionality in Touchwizz allows some more multitasking, but I don't know if that is really that useful. Nevertheless, if I was getting it for free, of course I'd get Edge. It looks glorious.

Please see
M9 is really a fucking great phone. I'd get it nonetheless, especially considering the dropped price.

The root access?

Manly to use Xposed to remap some keys, uninstall all that Samsung bloatware and some IApps.

Follow-up: will it be hard to find a case for an S7 Edge that protects it well without killing the Edge functionality? If I'm gonna slap it in a case, should I just get a regular 7?

>If it's the 8GB version it's shit because you only have 1GB free to use

It's good if it's free. But absolute shit if you were to pay money for it. It's premium brand phone with very low value, expect a fucking chaos in it. Heared on forums from Indians that their M4 Aquas overheat like shit (I doubt it uses Snapdragon 810). Also back and front are all made of glass that is glued to the inner frame of a phone. Constant heating up will loosen up the glue and glass probably end up falling apart which breaks easily on contact with concrete. And M4 Aqua is overall shit, M5 is better option just for a bit more shekels.

>Will it be hard to find a case for an S7 Edge that protects it well without killing the Edge functionality?
No idea. Chinks may think of some magic and may manufacture one. Look up on Samsung's official site what they're offering as extra accessories for Edge.

>If I'm gonna slap it in a case, should I just get a regular 7?
Yes, especially if you're so paranoid of breaking your phone get basic 7, because I guess the screen replacement might be quite expensive in Edge.

Some user said that his gf or whoever the fuck, couldn't even put screen protector because it doesnt stick to the sides.

I have the option of getting either the S7 Edge or the Z5 for $400 each. Any of you anons prefer one over the over?

It's $160

Root phone, install AdAway.