Did the robot run on Gentoo?

Did the robot run on Gentoo?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wVEfFHzUby0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes.

See the pure joy in Cooper's face while he's fixing it? Only Gentoo can do that.

TARS was better than Linux m8

Looks more like some proprietary OS like Cisco IOS or something. Doesn't look like MS-DOS or Linux.

Robot OS only supported on ubuntu afaik

he was a gentoolmen so yes

I can't even decide if the design of it is genius or the stupidest fucking thing I've ever seen.

I think the idea was to make it look old and clunky since it was supposed to be obsolete.

To make it actually walk though, I think you'd need more than just a pair of hinges. OP's walk animation is pretty stupid.

You're mom is pretty stupid.

If by then we still have the same operating systems we use today I'm fucking killing myself

≥>Cisco iOS
Wat

it's just using screen to have two terminals at once. definitely gentoo because the first time it was mentioned to mm he talked about how buggy it was.

COMPILAN COMPILAN COMPILAN

Why not both?

Cisco operating system it's called IOS you fuckin fucktard.

The scene whete it transformed to a wheel like thing was cool though

HAHAHAHHAHA

It's fucking elegant.
Easy to store and can fill the functionality of a bunch of different movement types without adding much in terms of complexity.

Imagine wars with these things as infantry. Store them as slabs in a warehouse. Let them out. They turn into wheels and roll to the target, then exterminate everything.

this, the robots were to only good thing about this disaster

No weapons

Nothing prevents them from getting some.

I wish I could collect the fictional tech from all of those shitty sci-fi movies to make an awesome setting.
Elysium also had some interesting stuff.

>Imagine wars with these things as infantry
you remember that part of The Phantom Menace where the frog niggers start tipping over the droids? Yeah. That's why. These things look like dominos

>Yeah. That's why. These things look like dominos
You haven't watched the movie, have you?

I realize they don't look at all similar. I'm saying the general point is that these things could be tipped easily, and they have no way of getting back up

watch the movie first nigger

>and they have no way of getting back up

get out of this post

And that's why I'm assuming you haven't watched the movie.

Those things are pretty fucking agile. They have a bunch of hidden hinges (maybe some nano bullshit or something) that allow them a ton of degrees of freedom that are not immediately apparent from the slab-like design.

youtube.com/watch?v=wVEfFHzUby0

At least post nonshit robots

Please leave Sup Forums forever.

>run
no. then he's stand still.
>compiling tiem!!1

This made me cringe so fucking hard.

>le cringe
fuck off

It was TARS not a robot.

The only way I could really see this working if that internally in each segment there were magnets that could move up and down within the segment allowing it to change the positioning of it's joints.

Alternatively some kind of snap-in hinges that can be connected and disconnected.

I'm pretty sure Interstellar is supposed to take place only a couple hundred years later than current day, or so. Actually, more likely, only one generation, so about a century, given the comments Cooper's dad makes about his generation.

>le cringe cringe

> disaster
The movie or the scene in which the "wheel thing" occured?

cisco uses linux kernel you dumb nigger

>you are mom is

no they can't.. watch the fucking movie
it's a god damn transformer, it can't be fucking tipped over.

lack of hands

C'MON TARS

The faces of gentoo

That shitty, impractical FAGBOT was clearly designed by Apple, and runs that shitty iOS. 'Nuff said.

You run iOS! faget!

marvin minsky wrote about a similar machine/device - kind of a "Leatherman"
robot AI

they installed into the ship, as a console

Donald: (to Cooper) When I was a kid, it seemed like they made something new every day. Some, gadget or idea, like every day was Christmas. But six billion people, just imagine that. And every last one of them trying to have it all. This world isn't so bad. You're the one who doesn't belong. Born forty years too late, or forty years too early... My daughter knew it, God bless her. And your kids know it. Especially Murph.

Posting best robot

>Minecraft lookin', shitty iOS runnin' Applel fagbot lovin' faggot detected.