I ordered a Pocket C.H.I.P. , GPD Win, and DragonBox Pyra. How much of a cuck am I? Who hype for UMPC's?

I ordered a Pocket C.H.I.P. , GPD Win, and DragonBox Pyra. How much of a cuck am I? Who hype for UMPC's?

You are desperately trying to fill a hole in your soul with meme technology that doesnt have any real use.

Only the GPD WIN is an UMPC. The other ones are just android phones with a permanent physical keyboard.

If I had the money, I would've too bronon. If you end up hating them, send them to me pls.

I've been trying to program in bed while my wife and I relax and watch shows/movies, but the position has been causing my tons of wrist pain. I'm hoping the GPD Win or the Pyra will make it a little more comfortable.

I was going to just get the Pocket Chip and the Win but I couldn't stop looking at the Pyra and figured it would give me a good excuse to learn how to write kernel modules and that sort of thing since I've been wanting to branch out away from Windows development.

>The other ones are just android phones with a permanent physical keyboard.
>doesn't run android
>no cellular voice functionality

This. The gpd is the only device that can do some things a smartphone can't.

That's even worse, it's a crippled android phone with a shittier mobile OS.

What can it do that a smarthphone and the Pyra can't do? You better come up with something better than "run x86 applications"

In addition it turns out the pyra only has a dual-core ARM cpu and a ~$700 price tag. topkek

To be fair Android will probably be ported to the Pyra and it will likely eventually be able to make calls with the cellular module. is still a retarded shitposter though.

run x86 applications.

Steam in home streaming is probably my most looked forward to feature.

Dual a57 cores. The same ones found on the 2012 Nexus 10.

this desu

>"Anultra-mobile PC[1](ultra-mobile personal computerorUMPC) was asmall form factorversion of apen computer, a class oflaptopwhose specifications were launched byMicrosoftandIntelin spring 2006."

t. UMPC wiki

No, dual A15 cores found on the galaxy S3

Sorry Pahjeet, I can't read cowfuckeraneese

I'm ordering a Pocket Chip before the end of the month myself. I just want to play with it. Little ARM wifi computer with a GBC-esque dev kit seems fun to play with for $50.

The pyra and pocketshit don't have an intel x86 processor and cannot run a desktop widows OS therefore are not UMPCs.

Yeah oops a15. Got my shit messed up.

The s3 had two variants but none are a15. American variants are dual core krait and international versions were quad as I think

>debian
>mobile OS
ok

>arm debian
>"operating" system

The pyra runs the mobile version of debian.

no, it runs the arm version of debian

Same. I already have Pico-8 and it seems like the perfect candidate for on the go code changes.

cool bait

What's up with people calling the Pyra and the pocket chip an "UMPC". Is this a new meme or just pyra/pocket chip shills marketing their products like how 3.5G LTE is marketed as "4G"?

That's what UMPCs are you retard. A small form factor personal computer that fits in your pocket. Running x86 windows is a requirement not something optional.

>pocket chip
>pyra
>umpc
lolwut?

What is x86 a requirement for? Being Ultra mobile or being a pc?

samefag. git out

>angry birds processor
>umpc

Top Cuck bro.

If this is being cucked then count me in. I've already ordered the Pyra and pocketchip

Sell me on the GPD win, keyboard looks shit

x86 / half the price of pyra what more is needed

>Sell me on the GPD win, keyboard looks shit
It's chinkshit of the worst order and has windows 10 that can't be removed.
You should totally buy it.

ITT: Butthurt poorfags who can't afford a Pyra and have to settle for the GPD

Yes because paying $700 for a 2GB ram crippled android phone with dual-core angry bird processor is a totally sound financial decision.

poorfags gonna poor

no need to be salty about your financial situation

>got all this money
>still can't afford to make sound adult decisions
some are hopeless I guess

>implying emulating consoles, watching chinktoons, and listening to mp3s requires a fast processor

>freedom isnt worth a WHOOOOLE $200 more
>complains about acting like a child

You have the mindset of a brainless consumer. Buy the gpd win and talk about how great it is on all the social media stealing your data