Why do you need a more powerful CPU than i3?

why do you need a more powerful CPU than i3?

for enhanced shitposting abilities

You can buy an 8 core Intel atom with ECC ability for cheaper.

Source?

I5 is completely unnecessary. If you need the performance, buy an i7. If you don't need the performance, buy a Pentium. If you need enough performance to play video games smoothly, buy an i3

why do you need a more powerful CPU than Athlon X4?

>Not getting a sempron 145 and tossing the dice straight into the toilet hoping you can unlock the 2nd core.

I switched from i3 to i5 recently because the i3 was already at 40% with a 1080p twitch stream, and using Visual studio along with a browser was getting it to almost 100%. Not a comfortable experience.

>not using a 18 core 36 thread xeon

>i3 was already at 40% with a 1080p twitch stream

you mean 4%. or you're lying

Unless you were using a downlocked i3 530, you're lying out of your ass.

So I can get all the benefits of extreme under clocking.

i5 comfy

Virtualization
ECC RAM (not all i3's support it)
More PCI lanes
CPU Emulations (i3's shitty cpu's can't emulate certain CPU architectures fast enough)

And this is only the tip of the iceberg

Too much background processes.

are u on linux ? wtf even intel igpu could take over twitch stream

Run my Linux and Windows 7 VMs.
Play gaymes at max FPS.
And what said.

I don't even need anything more powerful than a Core 2 Duo SL9400, yet I own a desktop with an i7-4770K... which I use to watch movies.

This desu

>m-muh VMs

i stream gayman once in a while but actually an i3 4270 or whatever the 3.7ghz haslel i7 is is perfect for it

We're reaching/reached the point where Joe Normalfaggot can no longer noticeably better performance by upgrading

I'm sure the Jewish sales people will find ways to make him spend unnecessary money but even Joe Normalfaggot has a point after which he knows he is being jewed

Its gonna be a few interesting years in tech, I think things are going to be mostly software focused from now and people will tend towards better and more efficient, hardware is dead as fuk
Linux has a better chance to steal wangblows market share than ever

VMs are more ram dependent you faggot, any shit CPU can handle multiple VMs running in parallel

>i3 was already at 40% with a 1080p twitch stream
I hit that much with a shitty mobile celeron N2840. WTF r u doin?

i3*

I want a 6 core i7 so I can run TempleOS in a vm.

Encoding video with x264

he's a lying piece of shit

i3 duel core 3.7 ghz 4th gen + r9 380x = all my games at high to max (not including vertical sync)

Thats because twitch flash player was fucked up for a while.

There's no kill like overkill. I just bought a $200 PC with keyboard/mouse that has better specs than that.

>games requiring more than two cores anyway
Mind you, you can't have shit going on at the same time as gaming because you don't have the spare cores, but for most people that isn't an issue because they don't have other shit going on other than the task at hand.

I used to have an i3. Basic computer operations were just slow. Upgraded to a 3770k for $200 and never looked back. I don't get these threads.

Does Far Cry 4 and other games that require quad core work in i3? Without any mod. Those aren't real cores so I don't know.

For rendering with vray.

Well truth to be told I got that desktop back in 2013 when I was still into vidyagaymes. Last year I started uni and also fell for the Thinkpad meme, and haven't looked back since.

Found the pleb. There is a 22 core 44 thread xeon.

Far cry 4 will work on an i3 because it has 4 threads, but anything less and it will fail to work.

> boku no premium cpu

Because 4 cores doesnt really cut it anymore for me, and since each core is capable of hyperthreading, why not leave it on?

Twitch still hasn't move to html5 yet?