I just attempted to build my first computer, and failed completely

I just attempted to build my first computer, and failed completely.

I'm probably going to kill myself. Ask me anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/g/thread/48770891
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How did you fail? Others might learn from your mistakes.

Define "failed completely"

Should've bought cheap shit so if you fucked up you aren't turbofucked.

How are you going to kill yourself and what is the link to the livestream?

Probably didn't ground yourself, dumbass. It's not hard at all to build a PC. My eleven-year-old wife's son can do it.

How in hell did you fuck up with legos?

Post pics

Josh?

no i am kevimn

An 8 year old nigger girl could build a PC.

This is the only reason why I havent built a PC yet
Getting told things arent compatible and knowing nothing about parts just stops me in my tracks
I wanna get one for 1200-1500 but still, I dont want to waste money

>This is the only reason why I havent built a PC yet
>Getting told things arent compatible and knowing nothing about parts just stops me in my tracks
>I wanna get one for 1200-1500 but still, I dont want to waste money
It's literally adult legos.

Do it faggot. And live stream it. Don't fuck up like that Sup Forums attention whore.

You can't even put together a modern desktop?

You're useless.

bruh just go to logical increments, look at their list of builds, find a build in your price range, buy all parts as told and assemble it

If you don't give a shit about manchild videogames just buy the GPU from a lower tier.

Not question, but advice. Buy some power and sata extention cables when you order your parts. I always forget so my cable management looks like shit.

>adult legos
Stop this meme. I've personally build 3 pcs in the past and it is NOT just legos.
Extensive research needs to go into each component to ensure compatibility, performance, reliability and affordability, not to mention the many many methods that go into cable management, lighting, airflow, etc during the actual construction.

if you made them YEARS ago i might understand but ive been building and rebuilding pc's since i was in the single digits.

and that was the early 90s.

I/O conflicts
Jumper settings wrong
No documentation apart from Oh that works

Holy shit if i had the resources we have now back then like i dunno THE FUCKING INTERNET WITH LONGASS DETAILED AND EASY TUTORIALS to follow i might understand

OP is a wolly

post what went wrong though

99% of the time when I have to deal with needing extension cables is the fucking 4+4 pin CPU connector where the power supply can't reach all the way to the top on a bottom mounted power supply

That's why I have 3 spare extensions just for that.

Yeah, Legos that cost a fortnight of work that could catch fire
Yeah its mostly for gaming and some Blender work but that doesnt take much processing
I was just shown pcpartpicker.com and just slapped this together, how bad did I fuck up?
Does logical increments have like people upload their builds and have a rating feature?
That would be pretty convenient

This is a decent build.
I would go for a cheaper CPU fan in normal colors.

Also you do not need 850W, get 500 instead.

Also, where is your SSD?

Also, why a cd drive?

Addition to this: The motherboard is way too expensive, you do not need the 40 step voltage regulators. Get another z170 with and m.2 slot for futureproofing instead.

Wait isnt a SSD a Hard Drive? Do they do different things?
I actually forgot Blu-Rays were a thing actually, because who buys them.
What exactly do I lose when sacrificing the motherboards?
Also thank you for helping me

Can we compare your build to this OP?

Now I dont know much about assumbling things but, what the fuck was he doing when he put it together?
How do you tangle things
And shit just looks wonky
AND IS THAT JUST A DICE TO LEVEL SHIT OUT

Here is a link
rbt.asia/g/thread/48770891

I feel it

SSDs are stupid fast in comparison. You'll be glad you got one. Get one with the savings from a cheaper motherboard.

Also I'd suggest you look at a different GPU, or wait for the next generation ones, but a 970 will probably serve you just fine.

Well I must have been lucky all my life assembling my PCs with the picture books inluded with the cases

I have had harder times putting ikea furniture together

>1TB is 400 dollars
Faster load/instal times do sound nice, but fuck, man thats pricey

Also whats wrong with the 970? Its the one Ive heard nothing but good things from it
Im not going to be going crazy and installing crazy ass mods where every drop of water has reflection on it
Im the kind of guy who would like it on Settings 4 when it ranges from 1-5 as long as I get a solid 60FPS

You get a 250/500 gig one for $150-200 (can't go wrong with a samsung 850 evo) + 1tb regular hard drive, put windows and all your software and vidya on the ssd and use the hdd for your typical storage

3,5gb, outdated so gimped, performs worse than 390

the 970 is pretty outdated now and only has 3.5 gigs vram

if you want something comparable I'd suggest an r9 390

the 1070 was announced recently too, so you should check that out

This

Cuck detected

Ahhh good times man, I remember this thread :^)

Wait for Pascal this month, then see its shit and get Vega in october

it gets rekt by my 770 that has almost the same clocks and specs and 512mb more ram

The dice and hdd is holding up the entire mobo, bro

I see, I'll do that then
And since its still in directly into the Motherboard then it wouldnt slow down the reg HD like it does with say a portable HD going into say a USB 3.0?
So you would recomend the MSI R9 390 GAMING 8G?
I did see this new 1070 but thats coming out in like 3 weeks or something and I would like it before Overwatch comes out, has there been any prices/ would I have to snipe for one once its released?
This bulid is only 1100 in what Im assuming is USD not including shipping to AUS

>knowing nothing about parts just stops me in my tracks
maybe learn???

pc part picker, it does the whole compatability thing for you.

i did by first build and i barely knew jack shit. it's really simple m8.

If you want to buy a gpu right now you accept that you're throwing away $100+ that could be saved by waiting a few weeks

If you're fine with that - get the 390 right now, but radeon 4xx series gpus that beat the performance at the same/lower price will come out real, real soon

Honestly just use the intergrated or crap a used card for like $100 and limp along until June-October when all the good shit comes out

AMD is going to have Polaris 10 for the poorfags and Vega10 for the gamerz

>get mad. Fuck up my parts
this destroys my sides every time i read it

Oh god my sides. My fucking SIDES.

>my eleven year old wife's son
>my eleven year old wife's
>my eleven year old wife

Muhammed?

He can't his computer doesn't work

>Extensive research needs to go into each component to ensure buzzword, buzzword, buzzword and buzzword

Dude, just watch a few videos on YouTube on how to build a computer.
How the fuck do you want to know how to do it when you didn't do shit to learn about the topic?
Are you just underage or really this retarded?

This post is comedy gold.

Slapping modern ATX PC components together is one of the most basic technical tasks there is. Checking specs pages on the internet is not "extensive research".