Foobar mobile has been released for android

Foobar mobile has been released for android.
mobile.foobar2000.com/

What do you think?

One step forward, two backwards.

I wish I could simply get a decent MP3 player at any nearby store instead of having to order on aliexpress the one in a million model that's above garbage, or having to rely on old rockboxed models which go for >$200 used with a cracked screen and broken jack.

It looks and works like shit

Looks cool, I'll give it a spin.

Somehow looks even clunkier than the desktop version.

Going to monitor memory and see if it's more efficient at playing the average flac file.

In terms of memory usage its about twice as efficient as Black Player. Not sure RAM is really significant these days on phones. Still useful for low end hardware like a raspberry pi for flac playback.

It's a shame it's a mess of menus and ugly.

Worlds ugliest music player.
Only upside is that it supports multiple artist tags properly.

Pretty gud. Once it gets material design/ user themes and plugin support it'll be nice.

The menus are clunky, but it's very fast. I also like that the album artwork is high resolution and not the blurry thumbnails that some players display.

When it gets themes, plugin support it will be great.

dam icons looks like they are for froyo
no repeat or any other functions on now playing
on "browse" no came back to the song
Mine is 60MB on RAM
Is fast.. like the other players.. with more options

no parametric eq

Poweramp alpha even has built in visualiser using milk. Why would I use this?

I rarely listen to music on my phone nowadays, I'll give it a try though.

They teally have alot to catch up compared to botnet AIMP

>autism

Nice. Kraftwerk.
Good taste user

ebin meme

Thx for the post. Listening to that song now aswell.

>Fell for the zenfone meme

looks like a shittier version of poweramp

>uses non-aosp rom
>cares about ram

>material design
Oh fuck right off

I wish the lockscreen buttons were bigger
Also the settings are rather scarce

what the fuck are you on about
holy shit

I bet you dress well and don't have a hideous neck beard.

wow
sounds really gay and shit

congrats on your shitty hipster tastes, you faggots

Fuck off you cunt.
This is pure electronic music at it's finest. These are the people you should thank for your shitty dubstep cancer and IDM. FUCK YOU

>Hi, I just discovered Sup Forums and now have a superiority complex about things I was told to like

I think he was on about the different portable means to listen music.

Foobar on Android is a step forward because most players on phone are dogshit, but then MP3 players are slowly vanishing from existence, and it won't be long before we need to shell out a small fortune for any sort of device that can play music at a decent quality.

UI is a shit

Still going to be a while before it replaces my 2 Clip Zips for music
I'm glad the audio circuits on phones is improving leaps and bounds now though

For (You)

Just use black player, fags.

>visualizer
>for a portable music player
what is the need for that?

you can get a small, cheap as shit yet with decent music quality smartphone
only a hipster fag will search for a stand alone mp3 player

>physical buttons
>over 30 hours battery life

Suddenly not even middle range smartphones fit the bill.

>physical buttons
Key remapping. Volume keys can also function as Prev/Next. Cam key (cheap phones still have one) can function as Play/Pause.
>over 30h battery life
Disable anything else (especially cell usage) besides the player and suddenly you've got double the battery.

I don't know why I was expecting Foobar Mobile to be identical to the Windows version. I feel so foolish.

I was expecting to be able to use existing component add-ons and I thought the interface would be the same as the Windows version with the ability to drag songs/albums around to make playlists on-the-fly. It doesn't and it doesn't look like the desktop client.

One good thing though is that it does support a few video game formats like PSF out of the box, but it doesn't support all of them (which I need the vgmstream component to achieve). A gay thing about the PSF format though is that there is no option settings to make these songs loop infinitely. They're preset to play for 3 minutes and there's nothing I can do to change it.

Bleh... It's a mediocre music player right now.

Probably dumb as fuck question, but can it view downloaded google play music? I can't be fucked manually converting my music to fit on the 20gb my nexus 5 has left.

It's the only way he can tell mp3 and flac apart.

>25MB
WHY

is it open source?

that's the only thing important

Nope. It is pretty sad that despite being completely free and easily the best music player available, it is closed-source.

>scanned both internal and external storage for 1700 tracks in 10 seconds
>music starts faster than on other players
>network music playing
>it's free
I'm in love already
but still won't use it until it can let me play webms without pausing music

I think I will stay with Win32 version

Sony NWZ-A15

Any theme for foobar2000 android?

Is there a android player that allows lastfm scrobble?

>full network access
Is it infected with A(I)DS?

I'm actually pretty satisfied with the default player that came with my phone. I also gave Pulsar a try on the suggestion of an user on Sup Forums, and it seems good. I don't think there is anything any player could offer that I'd be willing to put up with A(I)DS.

Stock AOSP player > Shitty proprietary player