How do you want your icon?

>how do you want your icon?
>just fuck my shit up

Try to guess the app
>filename

Why they fuck up an icon that is universally recognized? To look like a Cupertino fag job?

I could tell pretty easily it was insta. They changed the colors but the overall shapes are very familiar.

my guess was it was a camera app with filters like instagram, and i suppose instagram is like instagram; looks kinda shit but you can tell what it is

>glorious old one
for reference

I am not particularly keen about skeumorphism, but fuck, the opposite looks lazy and too simplistic (aka win10 or osx lately)

In that matter, I guess material icons are a good middle approach

Looks like one of those "goofy camera effects" apps.

OS X is alright but Windows 10 if they continue with their metro/modern UI I don't know anymore. Look at the monstrosity the new settings are, worse menu you can make, even fucking freetard couldn't make something this shit.

OSX lately still has a lot of skeumorphism going on. I have to admit it's a lot less glossy and more flat-esque but still not lazily.

Instagram. That camera shape is pretty iconic.

Facebook ruins everything

This style strikes the perfect balance IMO.

They're neither over the top skeumorphic with all the 3D, lens glare, shadows etc. nor are they too monomchrome and flat to tell them apart.

>camera shape
That's a washing machine son.

Looks like a chinese ripoff

I don't give a fuck about the icon because you can override that in two seconds with any iconpack you are using but I'm annoyed that the instagram app is even a bit more battery running on the background that my messaging app that I regularly use.

>no drawer tray to put detergent in
pls, do you even cleaning?

They designed it to blend in with iOS.

Didn't recognize the application until i read the file name.

Why would anyone use an application owned by facebook? Just place an image in an email and email your friends.

>we want the new Uber audience

That's not what it is? News to me.

>Current Year
> on Sup Forums
being too stupid to recognize modern icon trends

>he doesn't have one of those automatic dosage washing machines

They could've at least kept the color scheme

I personally don't care as I don't use that shit app.

It was so simple, Instagram. Just make it black and white. Or just a simpler version of the old logo. Fuck.

front loaders are shit

>Current Year
> on Sup Forums
being brainwashed by corporate cucks into thinking ms paint drawings look good

Looks much better than the old skeuomorphic one to me.

This is seriously just so bad

God damn

>He doesn't use pods
You savage beast

we found the iphone cucks and dick heads with no clue on how to install an icon pack

They did that sunset gradient logo in-house.

>I doubt anyone will be making cakes and cookies in the shape of the new Instagram logo and that’s the biggest problem the new logo faces: it’s not the old logo. The ensuing shitstorm on the internet today will be epic. About 75% of the negative reaction will be simply to the fact that it has changed and the other 25% will be to the not-quite-fact that there is a generic aesthetic to the new icon where it could be a “camera” icon for the upcoming smart microwave from Apple or whatever other user interface you would imagine. This is not to say it’s a bad-looking icon, no… as far as camera icons go, this is quite lovely and has the minimal amount of elements necessary to be recognized as a camera BUT not the minimal amount of elements necessary to be recognized as Instagram.
— Armin Vit of UnderConsideration

>caring about a fucking icon of a program designed to watch commercials and commercial memes
>falling for a "shitstorm" amplified by IG marketing staff

WH...WHAT

>A FUCKING ICON
How is this technology? Go shit up /gd/ instead

Obligatory

kek

Lately there's been quite a sprouting of minimalistic games/apps, guess they're going with the flow.

Peep an amazing modern minimalistic icon
>mario cap
>cloud
one fucking line

the UI is a iOS abortion too

Other one was too detailed for a small icon

>OS X is alright
They fucked OS X all the way up. There was nothing wrong with Mavericks.