GOOGLE'S NEW EMOJI LINEUP

>Google comes up with new emoji to better represent working women
archive.is/xJH7L

>Highlights
The Unicode Consortium added a broader spectrum of skin tones last year, but the team from Google is now pushing for equal representation of men and women:

"We suggest decoupling the gender-neutral representation of emoji from this proposal. We would encourage other members of Unicode to join us in creating a system of emoji design that can accommodate a broader gender spectrum.

"... Our proposal is to create a new set of emoji that represents a wide range of professions for women and men with a goal of highlighting the diversity of women's careers and empowering girls everywhere.

"... we chose a representation of industry and manufacturing, and for the tertiary sector, we have included healthcare, technology, business representation (lawyer, financial worker, etc), education, food service, and of course, an aspirational rockstar."

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8477683
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I miss text smileys :(

I don't see a sex worker. This is very problematic and disruptive.

inb4 buttblasted gamergators

>all of them are yellow

That's really racist against other races.

>long hair = woman

MUH SEXIST STEREOTYPES SHITLORD

nu-male cuck spotted

:)

The fuck. What happened to emoji being gender neutral? This is a step back.

>women chef
At least they got something right :^)

underage misogynist reactionary spotted

Welcome to the regressive left

>actually complaining about this
woah lad
kys

men are superior cooks THO

There is something wrong with the world when they're trying to cram this much implied meaning into a fucking *Unicode character*.

Seriously, WTF? Clearly this whole "emoji" thing has gone full-tilt into wildly abusing the whole idea of a character. Why did Unicode ever adopt any of this?

As far as I'm concerned, this should all be done the way Line does it: proprietary "sticker" packs. I don't care about interoperability when we're talking about fucking cutesy graphics. If that's the goal, then just tack PNGs onto your "text" message.

Since this is emoji related, the new windows 10 poo emoji is smiling, I wonder why.

>They want gender neutral public bathrooms because
>They want gender biased emojis because

Retarded, but doesn't affect 90% of the world. Noone uses those anyways

Sup Forums emoji support when?

This whole "equality" thing is just a meme. Women and men are equal, and only immature 12y/o faggits or simply retarded people ever try to deny that.

>>>/reddit/

emojis are just unicode code points senpai. You can already use them.

For example:

thanks mate

Read the post before replying next time. They don't want gender-neutral emojis, they want a wider range of genders represented.

I'm going to leave this post up just so Sup Forums knows how stupid I am.

simpsons

Maybe you should read
>gender biased
vs
>gender neutral

Who are "they" and why the fuck everybody should accept their bullshit?

Dope

:^)

>using the smiley with a text nose

>, I wonder why.

Because Americans love to poo on themselves

Ah yeah, wouldn't want all those female welders, chefs, farmers and construction workers to feel left out.

Fucking delusional americlaps.

Line stickers are fucking goat, no emoji or other system I've seen in fb messenger or WhatsApp or whatever comes even close to being able to send smug Anime girls to my friends

Google shows its stupid SJW face yet again,.

I'm all for giving women the choice to do whatever they want, but I feel modern feminism diminishes those women who choose to be full-time mothers. They fail to realize that while equal, men and women are physically and mentally different. Each are suited to certain roles. While these roles are not mutually exclusive, there are jobs that each can do, but perhaps should not. Take female firefighters for example. It used to be a requirement in thr New York fire department for new recruits to be able to dead-lift 225lbs and carry it (to simulate carrying a person out of a building). Most females cannot do this. Many men can't do this. It seems like they lowered their standards and potentially put lives at risk just for equal employment and that doesn't feel right.

>modern feminism diminishes those women who choose to be full-time mothers
How?
>It seems like they lowered their standards and potentially put lives at risk just for equal employment and that doesn't feel right.
Do firefighters need to be able to deadlift 225lbs? Seems pretty arbitrary -- I'd be interested in a study seeing if the new (lesser) restriction actually "puts lives at risk."

I miss the days when emojis just represented emotions.

Why not just make all of the emojis gender neutral
Why put in the effort for all of this

i can't move away from LINE precisely because of the stickers

Equality means propping up people below you so they have an advantage over you - t. Marxist liberal professors and SJWs

>How?

It would seem that the media is always trying to portray the strong independent woman archetype where a woman is 'bad ass' and gets out into the world. I feel like this could make some housewives a bit insecure in their choice to maintain a home and shape a life despite it being an equally valid if not more important societal role.

And yes, it is rather important for firefighters to be able to lift a fair bit of weight. I believe the standard is fair at 225lbs. The equipment is heavy, and people are also heavy. I feel if a female wants to be a firefighter, they should meet the same standard as the men. This will require some more time in the gym, but in the scope of public safety it seems reasonable. It is the same deal with navy divers and is still true of coast guard rescue swimmers. I have also seen women fail SCBA training because they just can't physically handle the weight and heat of the apparatus / suit. It doesn't mean they are not equal. It just means many aren't suited to the role.

GET FUCKED BLOBFAGS

>do firefighters really need to be able to carry an adult person out of a burning house?

Yeah they do you dumb fucking beta faggot.

>oh, I see
>cook, doctors, farmer, welder--
>mfw they're all women

He can freely run on an Indian street

Wait, you're saying that to lift an average adult, you must be able to deadlift 225? Do you have evidence of that?

>emojis are a thing
Fuck DoCoMo.

I sexually Identify as a ghost pirate. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of sailing the undead seas searching for the afterlife of dave jones’ locker . People say to me that a person being a ectoplasmic-sea captain is Impossible and I’m fucking retarded but I don’t care, I’m sp00ky. I’m having an ethereal cutlass created, a 17th century french sloop and a ghostly crew of shanty singers bought. From now on I want you guys to call me “deadbeard” and respect my right to kill rival poltergeist and photonically phase my being into the next realm . If you can’t accept me you’re a phantom-buccaneerphobe and need to check your undead-aquatic privilege. Thank you for being so understanding matey

>all brunets
Perpetuating the dumb blonde stereotype.

winrar

>do you have evidence that the average woman cannot pick up an average male?

These feminists suddenly need peer reviewed studies for the most basic of facts.

>These feminists suddenly need peer reviewed studies for my assertions, waah
ftfy

They all could be.

🤗🤒
emojis are fucking cancer holy shit

it seems that out of the 20 or so emojis I posted only 2 got through
and they only display correctly on my android (no surprise)

Yeah, I originally had a pile of poo in and it didn't show up.

>not going to bother finding me a study that says the earth is round? well looks like iit's flat then haha

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8477683

>women were approximately 52% and 66% as strong as the men in the upper and lower body respectively.

Stay on reddit you delusional cunt.

Emoticons aren't supposed to have genders or races

Fuck this planet

You must be pretty disappointed, then, because emojis are obviously white men

I miss having a handful of emoticons for just basic emotions

The US military argues that quotas (women having easier requirements) endangers soldiers.

Why is any of this necessary?
Why is this shit being shoved into the Unicode standard?
I'm gonna get stuck implementing this shit in the future.

>being a newfag

>not getting the meme

Quit typing like a retarded teenaged memelord.

>a wide range of genders

>with a goal of highlighting the diversity of women's careers and empowering girls everywhere

SJWs ruining something for everyone again