How important is a PSU in a PC build¿?¿

How important is a PSU in a PC build¿?¿

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

20-30%

yes

My power supplies internal fan was dead on arrival, thing still works like a charm.

It's literally just for distributing power, fancy ones are just a meme. Modular power supplies are just good for cable management, granted because there is a split in the cable it has power loss but they probably account for that already.

quality is more important than wattage.

Jonnyguru is probably the best place around for PSU reviews, very thorough and well-done testing.

>granted because there is a split in the cable it has power loss but they probably account for that already.
w-w-what

It's pretty important, don't spend a TON of money, but don't get the cheapest thing you can find. A bad PSU can die and take your PC with it

Make sure to leave some space in the power budget too, for example, if you PC needs 550watts, you should aim for 700 or so. That'll help ensure it lasts longer.

Have a cut, fray, or split connection causes a loss of amperage. The sea of electrons doesn't just jump without any effort from one solid to another....

Going overkill on wattage is bad for efficiency. Remember, majority of the time you're at your computer your GPU and CPU will be near idle. Pulling ~100w depending on your system. Many power supplies are terrible efficiency at under 10% load levels (worse than 70% efficient in some cases)

You want something with a bit of headroom for spikes in power draw, but you don't want 300w+ headroom unless you think you're getting a 2nd or 3rd GPU at some point. (and in those cases you're usually better of getting a new PSU when you need it)

Cheapest..

It's important that you buy one that can power all of your components, has a good reputation, and has any extra features that would like, such as modular cables, or the ability to run with the fan off during certain uses.

Beyond that, it's not as if your computer is going to perform better because you decided to buy a $200 power supply instead of a $100 model that was perfectly capable.

Get a whatever SeaSonic has the wattage you need.

Cute little PC I have

400w all I need

Thank you

Also I like cats

why

>Also I like cats
Me too, though I prefer catgirls

I also have a cute PC, but it's a bit on the large side, I could get by with ~400-450w. But I have a 600w 80+ titanium unit because I wanted to try out the smallest titanium rated unit on the market.

Very. Jonnyguru is pretty much the most reputable PSU reviewer.

Also stop buying cheap Corsair PSUs. I've seen like 5+ threads on here in the past year of people who nearly burned their houses down because of those shitty PSUs.

Modular is utterly completely useless, unless you only plug in the mobo, GPU and CPU

Hybrid turns the fan off(for most usage) so the symbol is a 0. I know, it's retarded.

Never cheap out on a PSU, that's the one thing that could destroy all your other components

>5820k
>triple channel RAM
meme-tier faggot

This.
You don't want to get burned by cheap ass capacitors and other components that start failing within months.
And the cheaper ones never put out anything close to their claimed power capabilities and they age like milk.

did you even bother to read the fact its normally quad channel?

This doesn't matter at all at 12v which is what basically all the power cables are.

Hey it's me the I like cats guy
Nice PC it's cool sounds like a good PSU

I have a 450w I have 750Ti

Sorry for English

How important is tha amperage of a single rail? Ive heard that low amperage rails arent sufficient for certain hardware.

Zero, don't buy meme parts.

Is "hybrid" the new cool tech buzzword/meme?

Hybrid/eco just mean the fans turn off when below a certain temperature. It's actually a nice trend for once since if you're just browsing the web off of your SSD everything else is completely silent.

>I have a 450w I have 750Ti
I feel sorry for you being stuck with a 750ti.
But the 750ti is the little card that could, so you're ok.

Could be worse. They could have bought diablotek.

>diablotek
>diablo
>literally the devil

You literally cannot run anything without it installed so it must be 100% important

tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

This is a pretty neat list. Bought myself a tier three PSU, haven’t used it enough to die in a housefire... yet.

The story writes itself from there if any faggot ends up buying one.

As long as it is buy a somewhat acceptable company. A dell-teir psu can cause damage to your whole system. But if you are building from new, you have until your warranty ends on your mobo/cpu/gpu/ram to get a new psu. They don't care if you psu is what caused it to burn out.

Besides that small sample, any source on why Corsair makes bad PSU's?

corsair used to cheap out on their lower end models by using housefire designs.

Not sure if they still do. But most of their mid-high end units are designs from Seasonic, Super flower, etc. And are fantastic PSUs.

More anecdotal evidence is not a source.

Corsair is pretty much omnipresent, but are there any components they make that aredn’t mediocre?

I'm not hunting through years worth of reviews to show you an example of a corsair housefire, I wasn't even the original dude you were talking to.

Its a fact however, corsair has used some really shit PSU designs before. Like I said, IDK if they still do, but they have in the past.

Antec, Seasonic, some EVGAs, corsair HX line(only over 600W) or corsair AX (whole line is good)

EVGA G2 are superflower, aren't they.

>...the Supernova 850 G2 is based on the very popular Superflower Leadex platform...

Looks like

I believe so, at least the 1300W model is. Also i was wrong about my post w the HX above 600W. The only good HX units are the 450W - 650W