Do Android phones still have atrocious battery life...

do Android phones still have atrocious battery life? I'm looking into getting one soon and keep seeing mixed reviews regarding the S7 and LG5 online

smartphones in general have crap life coz they have strong CPUs, big screens and big RAM
If you care about having a reliable phone more than you care about having smart features. Get a feature nokia-mine lasts for 2 weeks at a time and I use it for music too.
Otherwise you will be charging your phone every other day regardless what you buy.

the moment you have Google Play Services installed you can say goodbye to your battery life because that's the worst offender when it comes to screen off battery drain as every couple of seconds it pings information to google whether it's location data or whatever, doze mode helps but it's still there

this is why iphones can stay on for days without having the screen turn on

i just want something that can last at least a full day without needing to be charged again

i had a 925 that could go through heavy use with instagram, texting, snapchat, etc. and not need to be charged for like a day and a half, looking for the android equivalent i guess

so would it better to buy an iphone then?

basically paying for a glorified snapchat and texting machine, the OS really doesn't matter

>instagram and snapchat
buy an iphone
also, reee

Just disable wifi and autoupdating on Google Play, use autobrightness, and don't install that many apps. If you only use your phone for occasional calls and texting, it'll last for days.

Compared to what? My s7 edge has twice the battery of a iPhone 6s

This is BS. And truly wrong.

Pinging a server hardly uses battery. And play services does not constantly do that.

do you always take things like that personally?
android has upsides and downsides, if you didn't know that google play services has that common frustration then you should probably lurk more and recuse yourself from android discussion

>This is BS
>doesn't know what wakelocks are
You don't deserve to use an android phone

slightly related, is the S7 Edge any better than the regular S7?

yes because it has the higher battery life for some stupid reason

Latest android version came with Dozer and saves a lot of battery

I'm about to get a S7 Edge but I honestly think I've spent more time finding a decent screen protector/case combo. Any recommendations?

>touchwizz
they both suck

I like my iPhone, but it's not a parton saint of good battery life. Your high end Android smartphones and iPhones will get roughly the same battery life. I'm not a big phone user. On average I spend like 15 minutes a day dicking around on Facebook, reading emails, and sending the occasional text and my iPhone will last 2-3 days on a charge. Your typical flagship Android phone should be able to do this as well.

Shalom

Dozr*

Get a hiking phone, worse screen and processor but I can play music at max volume while reading PDFs for 6 hours

I cannot believe you stupid cucks don't just buy better batteries.

Do you honestly think I give a fuck about how much charge my phone has? No, it'll make it to the end of any day I can possibly throw at it.

Phone specs have nothing to do with battery life.

>battery life is an issue
You're looking at the wrong phones.