twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Obongo bongo bongo~~

Its not and nice Man ass there.

That's like asking why dragon dildos are best dildos

It isnt

how so?

>It lead the development for driver support
>It created a environment that could be used by non linux users
>It has the most advancements in gaming developments.
>Ubuntu has invested heavily IoT and that means new driver support is to come
>It has advanced any UI/DE that is has a version of.

XFCE has had 11 advancements since xubuntu has used it. This means that 89 bugs has been patched since xubuntu was created.

You're retarded to think that without ubuntu that linux was even have a Sup Forums community for linux users. No one wants to use linux if it means that a massive learning curve is required just to surf the web.

>inb4 spelling.

Been working 30 hours...

Linux is a kernel

Fedora > ubuntu

*tips*
Enjoy going blind from terrible font rendering.

yea but care to explain why?
oh you can't?
ofc you can't you fucking sperg , Ubuntu is the best on every aspect.

Not everyone is a beta tester cuck for curryhat

Buggiest piece of shit I have ever used. I thought OpenSUSE LEAP was bad. But fedora is atrocious

I like Gentoo because it's more flexible.

No shit. You think ubuntu has not provided any drivers or produced any results for the kernel team?

You can follow what I said. When it comes to ubuntu, they are the best because they provide more to the linux community then just applications and packages. I used Ubuntu and kernel were appropriate.

Debian has provided some drivers to linux but ubuntu has the most provided to driver support in the kernel.

Yes, I am implying that ubuntu and the people involved created drivers to support more.

>OMG mate
>A distro community provides to the linux kernel and not just their distro???

Yes that is correct. As I refereed to ubuntu and linux as two projects that work together to support more. Thus linux and ubuntu are as strong as Red Hat and linux.

>Ubuntu has identified two vulnerabilities in the 4.x.x kernel.

>You're retarded to think that without ubuntu that linux was even have a Sup Forums community for linux users
No you are retarded to think the contrary. I get that this is bait and all but really. There are a lot of groups pushing linux. I don't think unbuntu is just out there killing it.

>A lot of groups pushing linux

Yeah it is ether *ubutnu* or debian/fedora.

Debian would never had grown linux the way it has been. Ubuntu drive the biggest IoT produce since 2008 when IoT was just a concept.

Fedora has less then 30% of ubuntu user database. Ubuntu has grown linux by 43% in the desktop area. Apart from what linux was built for, desktop would never had taken off without ubuntu.

Sup Forums people would only be exposed to linux if they knew about it. If all there is are server systems, do you think anime fucktards and gentoo retards would even know what linux is good for in the desktop would.

>Fedora has less then 30% of ubuntu user database. Ubuntu has grown linux by 43% in the desktop area. Apart from what linux was built for, desktop would never had taken off without ubuntu.
Where do you get this stats?

From the linux foundation for statistics of linux growth in relation to distro growth.

Everything generated is from feedback.
>Not everyone allows feedback on their linux systems and so it is only from people who allow feedback.

Who actually enables feedback in this world? Holy shit

Because it has unfinished potential. The Linux community will never band together to pool in their resources and skills to perfect the OS. Open source is like living off the grid: away from the modern and conveniences that make life easier and you rough it out and improvise. But Apple has pull a lot of features from Linux and BSD so it makes it harder for the everyday computer illiterate to make the leap and use it.

Because it's userfriendly and you can get shit done easily.

Easy to use, user friendly, large choice of programs and applications, different but nice ui, literally just works out the box even with proprietary drivers (Fuck you Fedora).

Mint > Ubuntu

FTFY

>would motorboat

u-butt-u
u.u
thengz for the shitpost señor senpai

Kek

Who wouldn't?

>mint: nothing more than ubuntu turned into a gnu version of windows
nice meme windowscuck

Right now I prefer windows 7 but yeha. Xubuntu is good

Any chance of turning this into an OS panties thread?

>buntu*
>best distro

top lel

Please do

So graphics performance is all there is to an OS? Got it!

Ubuntu is great for new users to acclimate, and it's great for "cloud"ish server deploys. It isn't a great OS if you enjoy tinkering and can be difficult when doing software development.

It's a major factor

I never understand you linux fags, always saying that its better then windows but I say, how?

so here are some pros and cons for linux and windows:
Linux
Pros
>free
Cons
>not user friendly
>always need to be connected to internet
>don't know where you're downloading any of your software from(might as well be installing spyware)

Windows
Pros
>easy to install
>don't need to be connected to internet to download software, just pop in a disc
>don't need to type in random shit into some console to download shit if you do choose to use internet
>know where you're software is coming from

Cons
>windows 10 is spyware
>microsoft is forcing people to update to 10 if you have ASUS motherboard
>virus ridden (only retards get viruses, so really this is more of a retard con only)
>can't install onto a usb drive to run off like linux(which i do commend them for)

So I don't know I prefer windows, at least I know where I am getting my spyware from rather then not knowing.

Also this is bait, I could've chose to skip this thread but I just want some butthurt :)

terry davis uses it.
there is no argument that can be said against with this fact in play.
literally the end of the gnu+linux argument. contenders can go home. the trophy has been awarded. the crown is on a head.

Ubuntu is actually very use friendly, doesn't need to be connected to the internet, and has a software center.

Fuck your shitty bait.

>be me
>install ubuntu
>try to install software without internet
>nothing working
try again m8

Holy shit, Just checked and Ubuntu can't install anything new without internet.

Good thing I'm on Fedora instead :')

>linux for human beings
this insulting to both stallman and non - fagbunto users

also
>normie pandering with le hot woman

>:')
you need to be 18 to be here

That's not how you spell Gentoo pleb.

Gentoo.

Everything compiled locally. -march=native -flto -s -g0 on everything, no ambiguity in how packages were built.

anything linux is shit, pleb.

I run aix. Get on my level.

i prefer my windows 7

>be me
>starting college
>IT career
>buy a net book so I can take notes and do basic stuff in the classroom
>it has no OS
>one nerd suggest to install Linux on it since it has low ram and processor
>do a Google search
>try mint since it seems to be the most adequate for beginners
>net book frozes on the desktop
>try ubuntu since it's the most popular
>computer is having seizures just trying to move the pointer across the desktop
>pirate windows 7 on it without too much hope after all those disasters
>it just Werks
>everything including drivers
>I even can play warhammer 40k games on it without problem
Those were 3 hours of my life I'll never get back, Linux never again

Linux ≠ GNU/Linux

This just goes to show that you know nothing, faggot.

yep, its shit without proper knowledge of how to install it and with no internet you won't be getting any software, just the software that comes with it, which is what? music software that lets you listen to music that you can't download unless you have internet? notepad, and what else? i don't even remember but not enough things to do without internet. At least with windows you can just pop in a usb stick and install games/software you downloaded from your other computer.

>can't adjust
>not willing to learn
>being held back by games

Either you're too young to be posting here, or you're just a liability anywhere else but as a high school sys admin

Is that for real damn, that a big bullet I dodged, I like to read comics I download when the electricity fails, also i remember Ubuntu was advertised as an OS easy to install, wrong again

who the fuck are you and why are you so retarded

10/10 i'm mad

yep, most people that run linux always have internet which is why they don't ever complain and why most get butthurt when you talk shit on their oh so godly linux OS.

All that was before "Muh botnet" meme so I really don't saw any reason to be a try hard, is not like there was something I could do on Ubuntu that I couldn't do in Windows 7

damn the autism is strong in this one

Wincucks everyone. Can't even make this shit up

He said 'kernel' like half a dozen times, you stupid memer.

Can we get more ass/uw?

oh im so sorry that windows will always beat linux, let me break out my world smallest violin for you.

>hur Dur you are retarded for not wasting your time fixing something that should be already working
Once again there's no real reason for the common denomination of the population to use a Linux distro, for the few applications that exist Im pretty sure you fags don't use it for it

>IT career
>can't into Linux

You'll either be supporting kek tier businesses that aren't technology companies and are too focused on other things to understand how to login to their own PC, or being a sys admin for a school.

If you can't into linux when you're in IT, you're only limiting yourself. Oh, maybe you can become a consultant for like SAP or something. In which case, lmao at your life.

i think you need to go back to

>try mint since it seems to be the most adequate for beginners
>net book frozes on the desktop
>try ubuntu since it's the most popular
>computer is having seizures just trying to move the pointer across the desktop
>pirate windows 7 on it without too much hope after all those disasters
>it just Werks

this is obviously fake and a M$

>windows will always beat linux
Servers? Nope.png
Microservices? Nope.png
Large scale ERP systems? keknope.png
Embedded devices, IoT memes? Nope.png
Performance sensitive computing? Nope.png
Scientific research purposes? keknope.png unless you're only doing your bachelors and don't know any different.
Gaymen? YES!!! FINALLY.

upvoted your post, sir
linux even can't play games lol

NEETS usually resort to arguments like that so why should you be any different.

Proud of you user.

yes yes give out all your information to shady people that make these free Operating systems. Dumbass lmao.

nothing to argue about, the logic he has bout people in IT using linux is all based on television. When in reality people in IT use windows or even an android operating system.

That is so retarded I don't even know where to begin.

Yeah, in low quality IT industries like the one you're probably in. I bet you're an accounting software "consultant". Hell, that might even be a big bump from where you are now.

i remember summer

how? the people behind linux don't sell any of there shit, whos to say they aren't infecting your computers by always needing your internet connection when you download from their servers? Hell they probably have a set date to upload a virus to everyone that uses linux, they're just waiting for the orders.

Sorry I don't work, but I do know that you're whole bullshit that real it people use linux is bullshit and purely based off of TV shows/hacker movies.

>must be summer cause he doesn't agree with me

you assuming that i even go to school is hilarious

to begin with
>the people behind linux

>Sorry I don't work,
opinion can then safely be discarded. The rest of your post is moot.

Actually reading through it (your post, just in case you didn't understand that reference) confirms my initial thought.

It's not. Always had problems with wifi cards and adapters, on multiple desktops and laptops, on multiple wifi connections. Sometimes it won't connect to the AP, sometimes it does but will just disconnect and then be unable to reconnect. Never had this problem with any other Linux distro besides Mint, which is Ubuntu-based.

Because you're too pretentious to use fedora like a normal person, or too edgy to use anything directly associated with red hat, inc.

>But every distro that isn't gentoo/void is slowly becoming rh/fedora with a different pacakge manager

Begone NEET scum

yea the founder died, or do you not remember?

Sorry but the world isn't as smart as you'd like it to be. Therefore you're assumptions that IT people use linux is hilarious.

nah i think ill stay thanks

>Sorry but the world isn't as smart as you'd like it to be. Therefore you're assumptions that IT people use linux is hilarious.
just stop replying, for your own sake. You are literally embarrassing yourself

>yea the founder died, or do you not remember?
Confirmed troll. Can we please just stop replying to this dumb cunt.

I wish it was fake, my current employer highly recommend me to star learning Hondo use ubuntu, But then again

Can you really call yourself a computer guy if your nor a gamer? to be a gamer you must be on windows 7 or 10.

ok, retard, how bout you actually learn something

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Murdock

zdnet.com/article/debian-linux-founder-ian-murdock-dies-at-42-cause-unknown/

>ok, retard, how bout you actually learn something
BWHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

fucking trolls

Wow you really have no idea bout linux, you shouldn't even be in this thread.

troll

troll

the evidence of his death is everywhere, how am i troll? you're a god damn retard.

please just stop responding to him and let him pretend like he's doing something.

troll

troll

yea you're right, this retard is too stupid to realize theres non stop news stories bout the founder of linux death on december 28th 2015. I swear linux users are the cancer that the world doesn't deserve.

troll

debain with the mate desktop enverment

mate as in, yerba mate?