Is this the approved monitor of Sup Forums?

Is this the approved monitor of Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=79r5rxS276Y
bestbuy.com/site/samsung-ud590-series-28-led-4k-uhd-monitor-black/5484022.p?id=1219133600805
bestbuy.com/site/dell-27-ips-led-4k-uhd-monitor-black/2438098.p?id=1219630512068&skuId=2438098
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm using a u2414h and like it. Only things I hate about it are the horrendous touch screen buttons and I've also noticed that the screen won't detect my PC unless I unplug and plug the monitor back in.

No adaptive sync... But otherwise Yeah

>60 (sixty) hertz

Try again. XL2411Z is the best monitor if you actually want to experience those high framerates you bought your GPU for.

>gay men
Back to you go

Anything TN is shit.

< im not suporier gamer race im fag not like game

34 curved ultra wide 1440 or nothing you plebs

>16:9
No.

>fast hz, GTG and response is bad
Hang yourself immediatly.

>giving a shit about IPS panels
Nothing wrong with quality TN panels.

Meh, I almost got a curved 34" 1440. but it cost more than double 2x25" 1440p

and 5120x1440 is bigger than 3440x1440. I have learned to deal with the small bezel.

>quality TN panels

>he fell for the IPS meme
hehehe yes goyim better colours and viewing angles trust me

You faggots can't have a discussion without immediately resorting to meme pictures? What are you, retarded?

>trust me
Doesn't take trust just takes a side by side comparison.

IPS with Freesync... Maybe once I move out of my tiny bedroom in mummy's house.

>1440
>not 1600
>considers himself not a pleb

Every gayming ips monitor has terrible backlight bleed and quality control issues. High end tn panels have acceptable vewing angles and are more color accurate then half the ips monitors on the market. Enjoy buying 5 monitors to get a good one.

>Every gayming ips monitor has terrible backlight bleed and quality control issues.
So don't buy a gaming monitor?

Yea exactly. And the difference is about 84hz, no ghosting, shortest response time. Unless you are some kind of graphic designer there is no reason to get a 60hz IPS panel over a 144hz TN panel.

I enjoy anime far more than I enjoy gay men.

Color accurate lolis take precedence.

Now it all makes sense. You have autism. Thanks for clearing that up user.

Essentially every ips monitor that can run at more than 60hz has these issues.

>he likes things i dont
>autism

oh okay

I have one, but it's 24in and 16:10. It has super nice build quality and an understated design. Its colors are well calibrated and accurate; I've used mine for print work for over a year. They've been out for a while and I think the price has gone down a fair bit. If I could go back, I would try to get a 4k version. It's probably the most pleasant monitor I've owned.

Once you go 144hz you will never go back. 60hz looks like shit.
Youre just too stubborn and scared of Sup Forums calling you a gaymer.

Hey user, I never got to thank you for the rikka picture

enjoy your color shift even on a 24" monitor

No problem fampai.

I actually needed it today and having recently found it again for you I knew exactly where it was.

they might be more accurate, but ips tends to have better contrast non the less

youtube.com/watch?v=79r5rxS276Y

Enjoy your ips glow.

Enjoy bottlenecked fps
Enjoy ghosting
Enjoy bleeding
Enjoy input lag

i have a asus mg279q.

4ms ips 144hz

the bleeding is bearable since i don't look at dark as my soul content all the time

it outweights all the cons until we have oled which truly eliminates the contrast and lightbleed issue

> no freesync
> not 28"
> no 4k

For a monitor that cost $350... it's shit. You can go to newegg and EASILY find better for that price point.

>asus garbage
>not dell masterrace
Kill yourself.

i have the same monitor

im really hoping the 490 will be good so i can actually use freesync

>Sup Forums approved

Anything that bears that certificate is guaranteed to be utter shit.

U2414h or gtfo. Literally the Thinkpad of monitors now.

i expect the be the best polaris card to be just sufficient, if not perfect for 1440p and vr gaming.

or just below or equal to gtx 1070 levels for a lower price point and more efficiency

Why is there no:
- 27"
- 2880p
- 144hz
- 10bit
- MVA
- Freesync and GSync options

Perfect monitor yet?

Are you this guy?

Why aren't there any OLED HDR monitors yet like what the fuck it's the current year.

The guy set monitors with different panels to the same color settings. This is a pointless comparison if he did not calibrate each monitor.

i'd love to know what kind of computer you have that can run modern games in 5K @ 144hz. It's not rhetorical, i'd actaully like to see that rig. I don't think DP even has enough bandwidth to support that.

OLED has real problems with burn-in that limit its usability as a computer display. Dell has a 5K OLED that uses some kind of pixel-shifting to mitigate it but it's still a problem.

There's a guy here that occasionally posts in the speccy threads and has three Titan X's with a 5830k (if I remember correctly, I know it wasn't the gimped 5820k) and two 512GB Samsung m.2 950 Pros in RAID0, among other things.

His computer could probably do it for many games.

>comes to Sup Forums
>expects people not to be retarded

Meant to reply to No fucking clue where that dead post link came from.

There's a 27" Asus with great colours and 1440p resolution for $250, should I?

>asus monitors

eeww

As a graphic designer that's gone through a lot of monitors, my asus ones are the only ones that have needed (almost) no color correction out of the box. I can't imagine what your issue is with them.

this, dell or gtfo

you can't defend your tn piece of trash though, it's too late.

i had crt, tn, ips and va in the past.

current ips with high refresh rate is the killer as of now

these () are asus and use the same panel that is in the Dell U2515H.

The Dell has a DP out and a USB hub, but besides that though they're the same panel.

I like it

how to spot retards

virtually all computer monitors on the market are using panels made by the same company. asus doesn't manufactuer their own panels, neither does dell or benq or acer or any of those dime-a-dozen brands so you might as well get the fuck over yourself, because odds are you're using a monitor with a panel made by the same company that makes them for asus

This thread is long gone, but I have one of these monitors and I fucking hate it.

The anti-glare coating reduces visibility in low light, the colors are ordinary, I also have the issue that has where it doesn't detect DisplayPort properly.

This is a shit meme monitor and I'll never buy another IPS panel again.

I wish I'd got Samsung PLS.

whats the best I can get for 500?

How much did you pay? I got two of these panels for $265 each and for that price I couldn't be happier, for the $300+ they normally go for though I would've preferred better colors.

But for what i paid, fuck it.

>pls better than ips

>literally the same alignment of pixels but other marketing name

nice meme yo

>reduces visibility in low light
What did he mean by this?

Man, I want to get an Asus 1440p monitor. I've been to the local Micro Center to check it out multiple times but the price and the display is too good to be true. I might just get another 23.8" Dell monitor. Really looking towards a larger monitor though.

When i bought my Asus PB258Q my friend had $250 of microcenter store credit from a 28" 1080P he bought there that had broken. I got mine on sale for $265 from newegg and he got microcenter to price match the price i paid. So he traded in a 28" 1080p VA panel for a 25" 2560x1440p IPS and it cost him like $20 out of pocket.

Microcenter also has great CPU/motherboard bundles.

>mfw still using Samsung T260Rose from 2008
Its crap but i just cant afford a $500-1500 for a decent screen

You can't afford to spend $500 for something you stare at for 10 hours a day?

next week i can

I guess I will get it sometime then.

I'm still planning to build this thing as well. I know it had mediocre air flow, but it is my first rig I want to build. Still putting it off. I thought I would have had it altogether by the summer, but nope.

I mean if you're playing a dark game or looking at dark images in anything but complete darkness, the light reflects off the anti-glare coating and makes the dark details in the monitor impossible to see.

Imagine you'd scrubbed a monitor with sandpaper, that's what it's like.

>nzxt shitcase
disgusting

>Why aren't there any OLED HDR monitors yet like what the fuck it's the current year.
Pretty sure the few HDR mastering monitors are OLED
>10k cd/m^2
nice meme

>the light reflects off the anti-glare coating
This is exactly what anti glare prevents senpai

Anything that doesn't begin with U30 is pleb tier.

Enjoy your backlight bleed.

Do you need a USB 3.0 port free on the PC to connect up the hub on the monitor?

bestbuy.com/site/samsung-ud590-series-28-led-4k-uhd-monitor-black/5484022.p?id=1219133600805

>TN panel
Into the trash it goes.

bestbuy.com/site/dell-27-ips-led-4k-uhd-monitor-black/2438098.p?id=1219630512068&skuId=2438098

Fuck, I give up. You people are difficult.

I wouldn't be running modern AAA's in 2880p, I'd do 1440P for now.

Older games are easy for 2880P.
Some games I'd prefer 144hz no matter what the resolution (Stepmania comes to mind)

>4k
>27"
Holy text/ui scaling batman

What's wrong?

>glossy af ugly garbage and unresponsive piece of shit buttons
i wish i could trade in all of my u2515h's and get 3 p2416d's instead

>Anything under 5k.

I hope I don't have to return this.

>weeb
>mac fag
please kill yourself

Is there such a thing as a 16:10, 144Hz, IPS panel monitor?

Are there any good matte 24" IPS screens? They look so much better at first glace to me than anything with gloss on them.

1080p? BenQ does both VA and IPS matte screens.

16:10 is dead for gaymen monitors and those are 144hz.

Anything eizo is godtier, everything else is shit

>crank up the refresh rate
>convince gamers that this makes up for TN
>sell them garbage TN panels by the ton

>viewing angles don't really exist
>contrast doesn't really exit
>who reads text on a monitor anyway
>muh games

I have one- its pretty good considering for the price with yearly sales+ student discounts.
Decent colour and stand imo.

why isn't there a single 144 hz+ monitor that doesn't look like garbage

Because IPS can't get to 144Hz yet, so we're stuck with TN trash until someone figures out how to make other panel types faster.

>want to get a second U2515H
>price still hasn't gone down
Why

i mean aesthetically

Because they're pandering to the gaymen crowd, who appreciate fucked up angles and retarded shapes.

>Nothing wrong with quality TN panels.

Until you put it against any average ips panel, noticed it when I was able to put 2 side by side

>but user, the response times and frequency

Like I said, side by side. 5ms is negligible, I'd even stretch it and say 8ms is still good to go.
144hz is nice to look at, I'll give it that, but for what I do it doesn't outweigh the pros of an ips

I have two.
Coincidence?

A very nice monitor. Would have gotten, but needed a 144hz IPS for gaymen

Had this for couple of weeks and the only good thing about it was the 144hz. Otherwise the picture and backlight bleed was atrocious. Had this and the dell next to each other and just wow. Didnt know a monitor could look like this.

For gaming its great tho when you don't need to worry about colors or such.

I have dell u2414h and I love it, guess u2515h is better.

My U2414H was great until found out about this.
I don't know if i should return it