Stupid questions thread

old

Other urls found in this thread:

hastebin.com/about.md
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what benefits are there to using rockbox over stock sansa clip+ firmware?

What are some good dual CPU server motherboards?
Preferably under $400.

Best non graphical calculator?

Trying to get off email botnet with google, what are some Sup Forumsentooman approved email providers?

Is there any reason to learn how to build the front end of a website from scratch(HTML/CSS/JS) or should I just use bootstrap n shit?

What is a good way to learn x86 assembly, any recommended books?

Is the xps 13 worth it?

For me it's the customization and ability to play flac files.

what do you do with it that you cant do with stock firmware?

also stock can play flacs too.

me on the left

niceme.me

How do I into XDCC?
ハードモド:On OSX

Hey anons, I'm looking for a laptop for college but I can't seem to find one that doesn't have windows 10 pre-installed (Microsoft paying everyone off).
What should I do? Should I just swap the hard drive out with a windows 7 one? Can I completely uninstall shitty windows 10 from the laptop I buy?

me on the right without the pantsu

We still have some control over our own computers user

me in the middle with the purple blouse

I know, I just don't know much about laptops.
Desktop parts don't usually come with OS pre installed.

What year do you think this is?

you can boot the win7 installer from USB, format the internal disk. easy.

me taking the selfie ;_;

Thanks user

>this slut photobombing my instachatbook post
bitch please, get your own phone

You say that like I don't take every opportunity I can, to enrich other people's photos.
You're welcome.

me on right in the see-through nightie

ME in the glasses!

me being molested

i have a bunch of files named xthing.file, ything.file, zthing.file, etc
is there a way to rename them all at once to remove the thing so they're just x.file?

/sqt/

Me molesting

Why is context free grammar so hard to understand?

W-w-what is going on here

you have to know a programming language and write a short script. its probably pretty easy but no-one will do it for you.

/sqg/- want to be the little girl edition

already claimed by

ah, i see
i thought there was a command line or something

When will medical technology and surgery allow a ugly neckbeard like me to transform into a cute loli?

What is it like being a pedo?

This, OP.

Someone has to stand up for the rights of those poor cartoons.

pretty good, whats it like being closeminded?

this, so much this.

go to bed, stallman

Look up perl-rename, what you want is easily done with it.

What the fuck is this bullshit and how do I fix it? I'm just trying to install my legally bought and paid for Office, which I need for work, but the Jews at Microsoft won't even let me use the software I paid for apparently.

eat cock, moralfag.

you installing from disk or online .exe or store?

Online .exe

I need some help Sup Forums
So my mother's computer seems to be downloading something at all times and I can't figure out what it is. In the last 24 hours her estimated data usage went up 30GB and its fucking up the internet connection, I'm trying to play games and its adding about 250ms to the ping. Any idea what this is or how I can find out whats happening? Its pissing me off immensely, I've check the running programs and couldn't find anything, could it be some kind of virus or malware using her computer as some form of server for seeding something? Thanks

run malwarebytes.
run deep seeking malware scans.
its probably bitcoin mining.

try installing from a disk (burn .iso to media)
make sure all office stuff is removed from the failed install and "get office" is gone as well

thanks

I am in need of a rig upgrade but I have a problem.

I live out in the middle of the country where the internet is limited to a small number of gigs and shared with the whole family. For the past four/five years I have used a gaming laptop and have downloaded all of my updates and games at the library.

Ideally I would want to upgrade to a desktop but obviously that would be a problem with my current situation. However, I have a solution, and it might seem slightly autistic but bear with me.

My solution is to install my os onto a normal hard drive (not interested in the ssd meme) and throw the hard drive into an external case and take it to the library when I want to upgrade shit.

A few questions about this:

1. Is this solution stupid?
2. Would a laptop have any problems with booting another os from an external hard drive and downloading shit to it? Would it be slow, etc?
3. Would static electricity be a problem when moving the drive from case to external?

If it doesnt work then I guess I will invest in another gaming laptop, although that is not ideal.

(please be kind. I am a poorfag farmer)

where can i buy drugs on the internet

Windows 10? Maybe it's sharing updates with other computers or whatever other malware MS included

windows ties your key to the hardware in your motherboard on install. it might invalidate if you try to boot on different hardware and go online.

>1. Is this solution stupid?
Yes
>2. Would a laptop have any problems with booting another os from an external hard drive and downloading shit to it? Would it be slow, etc?
It wouldnt boot
>3. Would static electricity be a problem when moving the drive from case to external?
No

Move out, would be the best solution

/l/oli when chink moot?

You can get untouched game files for steam from torrent sites, they don't have to be downloaded on the same machine that installs them. But I don't know about updates

Interesting

>Move out, would be the best solution

It will be a while before that happens unfortunately

I want to preface this by apologizing for being retarded and admitting I know next to nothing about networking. My router lists its WAN IP address as 192.168.x.x just like a LAN IP address, while my external IP is a normal address, different than the one my router lists as its WAN IP address. I changed the MAC address of my router and the WAN IP address changed but my external IP address did not. The fuck is going on and how can I change my external IP?

external IP is set by your provider, specifically the modem. depending on the ISP, you can get a new one by hard resetting the modem. you'd have to pay to get an IP you can select.

Where do I get the .iso though?

have an ssd for your OS and main programs and some game son your desktop.

have a HDD that you can easily remove and put in your old laptop to download things to at the library.

the only problem is whether you can get an hdd that will fit in your laptop.

yo ucna have an OS on your hdd that you dont boot from on your desktop. just select the SSD as first boot priority in the bios.

you can have a free os like linux or pirated windows on that hdd.

Well fuck me. Thanks.

me with the cameltoe

now user-kun~

i want to impregnate kuro in the missionary position while holding hands and kissing

Battery life, and customization

can't seem to find it, I work with bulk keys so I'm a bit of an exception
try the Office 2016 Offline Installer
I assume you're buying 2016 and not 365?

Interesting, I appreciate the advice.

Can I upgrade to Win10 from Win7 and get the license and then go back to Win7 without loosing the license of Win10?

Also, how do I test a hard drive? I'd been getting redundancy check errors, or something like that, when I try to copy some files to it.

Yeah, 2016. I'll try the offline installer. Thanks for the help, take this rare Trump as thanks

whats so special about emacs?

License for Win10 is based off your hardware, so next time you install windows 10, it should detect it and be good to go.

I'm about to graduate in two days, and i applied for two internships so far, as i have only basic experience with most of the languages I learned in my computer programming course.

however on the side I want to learn about ethical hacking, what are some languages i should study up on? I know html is a definite one, and php is important too.

also what tools would i need to do this safely?

Is there an open source version of pastebin?

Is there a Firefox extension that will open youtube links in VLC instead of in browser?

Please don't ask why

what benefits are there to using rockbox over stock sansa clip+ firmware?

you learn about hacking, then learn ethics based on what you feel is right. that's kind of how ethics work.

hastebin.com/about.md

okay, any good websites, or youtube channels to watch?

How do I install gedit?

Hey Sup Forums, I'm having a lot of trouble trying to overclock my 965BE. Let me preface all of this by saying that I'm very inexperienced when it comes to overclocking. At any rate, I tried to overclock to 4GHz with an NB speed of 2400MHz, and I could not get it stable for the fucking life of me (even though, as I understand it, those speeds are quite achievable on the 965). I had got my vcore up to around ~1.48, and my CPU-NB voltage at ~1.25. Even so, I still couldn't seem to get through 5 minutes of prime95 without an error or crash (I was running blend).

Most of my problems seemed to be with the higher FFTs. Given that my NB settings seem pretty moderate, I'm guessing it was a memory issue. Long ago, when I was a dumb babby, I bought mismatched RAM. Both modules are the same in every regard, although one is 1.7v vs 1.5v (although, my motherboard seems to automatically downvolt the 1.7v to 1.5v), and the command rate (2T vs. 2N). Could that be what's causing my instability? Or is there something else I'm missing here?

is it not just "tar -xzvf gedit-3.20.2.tar.xz"

Why are you doing ${} ?

I know you can import a firefox profile to pale meme, but what about importing a pale meme profile to firefox

Whats the best way to free spotify?

>One of those "hacked" clients that you can run on your desktop.

>Spotify in browser with adblock.

>Spotify client and another program that simply mutes the ads.

Realistically I would want full functionality but that's impossible.

also sorry for using meme arrows as bullet points

Just pay the $10 a month you fucking NEET

Because I'm stupid, and that website used the ${}.
Now it says, "not in gzip format"

I have a job but im not paying $10 a month for fucking background music.

That's the only thing I want it for, for when im working on something and I need some background music without having to shuffle through songs.

I have my own actual music downloaded broski.

sudo apt-get install gedit

I feel like the biggest retard.
Where is gedit?

I have two location blocks in my nginx config. First one is a basic location that will first try to serve a static file and if it doesn't find one it will forward the request to a proxy. Finally it should serve a 503 if the proxy isn't available.
I have the following config:
location / {
try_files $uri @proxy =503;
}
location @proxy {
[proxy settings]
}

However nginx will always either serve a static file or a 503, but will never serve a page from the proxy. However if I delete the 503 from try_files nginx starts serving from the proxy.
Do I misunderstand how try_files works with codes?

Why do you ask this? Is there something wrong with the adblocked in browser version? I've never had trouble with it at all.

>boy
o shit waddap

Hmm, I see. Text Editor is gedit. Now, I need to figure out how to make it check my syntax for different languages...

Text Editor is an alias for it.

What software can I use to convert many (from 40 to 70, in average) .png scans into .pdf?

I downloaded a program called Image Magick, but it's extremely complicated to use for a pleb like me.

Any ideas?

>reddit forcememes

What are you asking, it's right there...