Speccy thread?

Post your specs

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/bench/product/1714?vs=1718
pcpartpicker.com/p/9yGybv
pcpartpicker.com/p/tp2hD3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

waiting on 2 tb ssds to come in. then its the waiting game for 1080ti/titan whatever letter

I can't believe that they haven't updated Speccy since fucking December and it still shows DDR4 as "UNKNOWN"

Fucking lazy ass Piriform.

Motherboard needs to be RMA'd on my main rig. Using a T420 for the short term while I wait.

Forgot pic

Watching 720p60 FPS youtube on the 1440p monitor which is why the temps are so high. It idles around 40-45c.

pls no h8

how dank is that snsv monitor?

You should get a new monitor because your specs are overkill for that shit.

pretty good for a cheap 1440p IPS.

You sir should get some new ram.

Yeah, its my monitor for the mean time, getting a 1080p monitor? Is the overkill that bad anyways? lol

dont worry, im planning on it. 16gb meme here i come

I moved the laptop over a bit so it has a fan blowing some cold air across the fan intake.

Seemed to help temps a bit. Still watching 720p60 youtube and it's going fine, no sutterting or anything.

I'm thinking about getting a new computer case, I've had the Fractal R4 for half a year and I don't like it that much.

What dont you like about the R4?

The HDD bays vibrate more than it should when my harddrives are working.
The top fan mounts stop being flat after I mounted fans on it and rattles sometimes, I just have to poke it a few times and it stops.

postan from HTPC

main rig waiting on Noctua D15 for ceepeeyu

Get an R5, they fixed all of that shit.

Or better yet, Corsair 450D.

i got a brand new mobo after rma . everything feels new .

best warranty ever outside evga lifetime

cool

I have more RAM on the way for it as well, as I am replacing the 6 of the 8GB RDIMMS with 16GB RDIMMs, because who does not want more RAM. I also currently have 2x4TB HDDs and 2x500GB SSDs waiting to go in as I copy some stuff over to the ~3.5TB Parity volume on storage spaces. The 500gb hdds are transfering some old data and are destined for resale. the parity volume will be replaced by the 4tb mirrored pair, and then the 2x500gb SSDs will be my caching drive(not using tiered storage though, that shit sucks over 10gbe). That leaves 2 spaces open on the front of the server, so one i will probably drop a pair of 2tb in there for extra storage space.

ayy

thats just my RDP/DC/PFsenseVM/Storage server. My plex server/media server is an R210ii with an E3-1270, 16gb of RAM, and 1x4tb HDD.

inxi > speccy

System: Host: localhost.localdomain Kernel: 4.4.9-300.fc23.x86_64 x86_64 (64 bit)
Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.6.3 Distro: Fedora release 23 (Twenty Three)
Machine: System: LENOVO (portable) product: 4243W54 v: ThinkPad T520
Mobo: LENOVO model: 4243W54 Bios: LENOVO v: 8AET55WW (1.35 ) date: 11/24/2011
Battery BAT0: charge: 70.7 Wh 99.9% condition: 70.7/93.2 Wh (76%)
CPU: Dual core Intel Core i5-2430M (-HT-MCP-) cache: 3072 KB
clock speeds: max: 3000 MHz 1: 891 MHz 2: 821 MHz 3: 818 MHz 4: 829 MHz
Graphics: Card: Intel 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller
Display Server: Fedora X.org 118.3 driver: intel
Resolution: [email protected], [email protected]
GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel Sandybridge Mobile
GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 11.1.0 (git-525f3c2)
Audio: Card Intel 6 Series/C200 Series Family High Definition Audio Controller
driver: snd_hda_intel
Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture v: k4.4.9-300.fc23.x86_64
Network: Card-1: Intel 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection driver: e1000e
IF: enp0s25 state: up speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full mac: f0:de:f1:c4:5c:b5
Card-2: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 [Taylor Peak] driver: iwlwifi
IF: wlp3s0 state: down mac: 10:0b:a9:4a:31:58
Drives: HDD Total Size: 500.1GB (6.6% used)
ID-1: /dev/sda model: HGST_HTS725050A7 size: 500.1GB
Partition: ID-1: / size: 94G used: 4.4G (5%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda5
ID-2: /home size: 359G used: 22G (7%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda6
ID-3: swap-1 size: 6.14GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap dev: /dev/sda1
RAID: No RAID devices: /proc/mdstat, md_mod kernel module present
Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 45.0C mobo: N/A
Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: 1781
Info: Processes: 226 Uptime: 22:42 Memory: 2031.4/5850.9MB
Client: Shell (fish) inxi: 2.3.0

ccc

does it let you check RAM timings ?

1070 soon

I dont know if this is right thread to ask, but I couldnt find any better.

I probably picked up worst time to whole PC upgrade, but I kinda want to do one near the end of July.

Currently have i5-750, P55M-UD2 motherboard, GTX 660, 8gb of DDR3 RAM, some okay PSU I forgot the name.

Upper limit is 780 EUR. I guess I could take RAM from previous machine, just like Im intend to take all HDDs (250gb old one housing OS and two 1tb, with two additional 1tb drives serving as backups and connected externally).

I kinda wanted to take i7-6700K as CPU, so I wont have to replace it for next 3-5 years (like Im running on my i5-750 since 5 or more), but Im afraid if I could fit the money range. Also, have no idea what GPU to buy - before Nvidia announced their new line, I wanted to buy 960, as 970 was 1,5 times more expensive.

Thank you for replies, like always.

Waiting for SSD, currently using a 8 year old Seagate

>[spoiler]I bought a premade system[/spoiler]
Because the HP motherboard wasn't already a give away...

[spoiler]Will my motherboard support a GTX 1080. It already supports a 770[/spoiler]

>tfw fell for the 64GiB RAM meme

It hasn't been properly updated for almost 18 months. The single and only reason they updated it late last year is because Microsoft started automatically removing it from Windows 10 installs because it was causing BSODs.

It's pretty much abandonware at this point.

>[spoiler]Will my motherboard support a GTX 1080. It already supports a 770[/spoiler]

Why wouldnt it?

Anandtech has results up already for the GTX 1080 in their bench. They dont have a GTX 770 to compare to but they do have a GTX 780 which is ~10% faster and about 50w more power.

>anandtech.com/bench/product/1714?vs=1718

These show the GTX 780 uses ~60w more than the GTX 1080 in furmark.
So a GTX 1080 and GTX 770 will have nearly identical power draw under load, with the 1080 probably having a slightly higher peak TDP due to more advanced turbo clocks.

>all these w10fags

is the juden trying to trick me or hass Sup Forums fallen?

pls no bully

I love my rig. It gets the job done.

whats it like still using XP these days? are there any programs you cant run? does it try to update to windows 10 automatically like windows 7 / 8.1?

Nothing before 7 gets the botnet updates. XP no longer gets any updates. And yes, there are a lot of programs that won't run on XP any more. Even Chrome dropped support for it recently.

You know that you dont have to install every update?

>XP no longer gets any updates
Wrong

Please respond ;_;

>All those GPUs and monitors
For what purpose

Every day until new computer

What the fug. Why do you have so many monitors?

Started as an experiment to run 3 monitors. Eventually it became a "fuck it, let's keep going" mindset. Came to find having that many displays was very useful for music production, I was recording my own stuff, as well as recording for a couple local bands. There is a tenth monitor, a touchscreen, but it's in need of a few new capacitors before I can use it again.

It also helped that all of those monitors were picked up for free due to silly issues such as bad caps, so all tolled I'm under $15 for all of them.

When is this hypothetical new computer coming along, user?

do you not have a heatsink? Or are you running a stress bench or something?

If I get a job it could be done in 2 or 3 months, but getting a job could take anywhere from 1 week to 2 months

Under full load with stock cooler. And yes the fan is running and yes there is the stock thermal paste.

Is that a 3tb seagate? How old is it? Are you hella scared?

Good luck in the job hunt user, do you live in a nice neighborhood at least? What's your budget?

Tis a brand new 3TB NAS drive, not scared at all to be quite honest. I have a backup that synchronizes daily even if it does fail.

late as usual ;[

>good taste/10

Honest question here, why so many 250GB 850 evos?

You might as well get 1 more and put them in a RAID 5 array.

Neighbourhood is not bad but I'm a lazy mofo when it comes to actually looking for a job. I'm probably buying something like this once I get the money, maybe some Polaris card.

pcpartpicker.com/p/9yGybv

>keep posting in these threads even though nothing about my computer changes
At least it's about 10C cooler from having my AC on

Solid gaymen rig, if I were you I'd save $30 and get the non-modular EVGA PSU. If you have a case with cable management, modular PSUs are pointless.

Also I'd spend $20 more to get a 2TB deskstar just to be safe.

3 SSDs and an HDD isn't too bad for a laptop. I'm pretty pleased with it as my on the go machine.

>Fedora

lmao waddap

Thinking of doing a super clean/enthusiast build with the parts listed.

pcpartpicker.com/p/tp2hD3

On newegg bundled together its $650

I have a 980 to go in until 1080s are out, and PSU/SSD/HDD is all carried over from previous build.

Now I just have to find a case.