Other urls found in this thread:

getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=10884.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

iTunes

foobar2000 of course.

youtube

audirvana plus

mpd + ncmpcpp

Super comfy because when I plug in my laptop into the living room sound system I can control it from my phone.

Spotify Premium Student

What's with these overly pretentious music players? I mean what's the appeal? Do people constantly look at their music players?

Non english os is a sign of retardation

>wanting your software to at least not look like shit is pretentious
I don´t think you understand the meaning of that word

Cmus

Shuttle+

I keep my OS in my native language, but install all programs in english. Works for me.

Software has to be function, a music player doesn't have to show me 3 differnt kinds of playlist swhere one shows the album covers, the other the albums I have and the third one which songs are in the currently selected playlist. This is just retarded and serves no function.

>he needs 2 apps to play music

"Linux is superior" they said

Left row is for filtering by artist, that is a function.
Middle row shows all my music as coverarts which let´s me find what I want to listen to faster than if I had to scroll through an endless list, that is a function.
Right row shows my current playlist, let´s me rearrange / remove / rate / edit items, that are multiple functions.

>>he needs 2 apps to play music
>"Linux is superior" they said

mpd is a music player daemon. A daemon is a service that runs in the background, like an httpd, or an ftpd. Both require an application to access, a web browser or an FTP client respectively.

Now the benefit of playing music through a daemon is that I can control it from the computer on which it runs, a smartphone, or a web interface. I don't have to be at the computer to play my music, like you do with conventional music players. For example it is great for party situations. My soundsystem is loud enough to be heard throughout the house, so I can walk around and control the music. Or have people at the party queue up songs so everyone gets a chance to choose a song.

shut up nerd

foob

what the fuck is your problem man, are you relaying what the school bully told you?

get´s a perfectly reasonable explanation why someone is doing things the way they are.
>Sh-shut up nerd

liar is pretty good senpai

You oughtta learn to identify bait and stop replying to it.

Exhibit A

iTunes master race (honestly I only use it because I like that transparency)

>Musicbee
Mein Neger.

oh, forgot about my phone music player.
I really like phonograph

I used to use banshee, but lately I am using play music almost exclusively

Foobar2000

erwwww a tripfagggg erwwwww grossssss

I hope this is bait, otherwise you dumb.

This is the only option. Mocp is an OK alternative.

that looks really really nice.
I use musicbee, can you share your settings or theme?

Cantata.

Cmus

It´s the latest musicbee version with this skin: getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=10884.0
the option to have rounded artist images can be found in the Layout(1) options

No one still uses Winamp?
I also use Firetube on my phone to listen to YouTube at work. It can run in the background, unlike YouTube.

too bad it was never finished and is quite buggy some times (it used to lose my view settings sometimes when I still used it)

yeah the scrollbar is really trash as well but it's normie enough that I don't look like an autist in public while being functional enough

thanks family

>play music
Heavy as hell.

iTunes obviously

iTunes is locked down to hell and back, no flac
MusicBee is bloaty
Foobar2k has many broken skins
Winyl is extremely simplistic
Winamp is old and featureless
Groove Music-- does anyone even use that shit
Spotify is for low quality music
Clementine is like an ugly romanian cousin

This but I'm too stupid to configure it to use global keybinds on my laptop.
>tried "mpc toggle" "mpd toggle" even "ncmpcpp toggle"
>shit won't work, terminal just blinks
>gave up
Fuck it I just alt tab or use Clementine.

>Not having the background player module from xposed

if i didn't need itunes for my ipod id use Clementine.

>Winamp is old and featureless
What features is it missing?

You need a specific software for your mp3 player? What the fuck?

Google Play Music with the chrome extension so I can use my keyboard media keys. Works fucking great. I put music on and never look at my player again, who the fuck cares what it looks like?

spotify web

winamp and spotify

>leon vynehall
nice taste my Sup Forums

i can sync but it will put my podcasts in the music part of my ipod instead of the podcast part. it wont work well.
itunes is cancer.

mpd + ncmpcpp

>never look at my player again, who the fuck cares what it looks like?
only true answer -- still we need something to argue about
also streaming your music on your home computer seems stupid

>also streaming your music on your home computer seems stupid

yeah i agree with you there but i am just too fucking lazy to download my music now and store it offline when my computer has a 300Mb/s internet connection 24/7. i can find and play something from gmusic in the same time as finding a song locally and playing.

I suppose those methods stream only audio instead of playing the video to the background. Otherwise they are both retarded and you should be using NewPipe or PVStar+ (closed and outdated; still works though) instead.

Did you know that before you bought the ipod?

Sell me on these, because otherwise I'm really pleased with Firetube.

Fuck iTunes, but I approves your glorious music choice

And that is why I stayed with aimp

>iTunes; no FLAC
Apparently Apple wants to promote their own lossless codec ALAC (fortunately open and royalty-free for some time now).
>Foobar2k; broken skins
Don't use skins. This isn't a problem of the developers or something they can fix.
>Winamp; old and featurless
Old maybe but far from featureless.
>Spotify; low quality
Spotify native program supports playing your own music including FLACs. Now why to use a mainly streaming program to play local music is another issue.
>Clementine; ugly
Indeed. Clementine is a nice player but it is ugly. Then again .

DeaDBeeF

>not using steam to play just mp3 files
how do you guys even breathe

They can stream only audio. Except if you don't have such thing as data cap, then this doesn't apply. PVStar+ though is a YT music player allowing you make playlists and stuff.

Weird

Are you using OSX or Loonix?

OSX. I wrote a tiling WM in Hammerspoon and am a minimalist despite being a OSX user.

Audacious is great

Isnt pvstar dead though?

>despite

That's all you get with OSX, minimalist usability.

gmusicbrowser

it werks

Yes, but it still works and, as far as I know, there haven't been any better alternatives.

I meant compared to the average number/size/bloat of most apps you'll find on most OSX users' systems even "power users". I use really small alternatives and such like I've always done on Windows and Linux. I'm only on about my 11th month as an Applefag at almost 30 years old.

Firetube does all this.

Foobar or go home

Too much duplicated information. Lock your toolbar.

Yeah, I looked it up. I confused FireTube with another app. It seems it has a bit more polished interface too.

>Audacious is great

This

hi nicholas

Spot all 8 appearances of the album's name.

How do i get that MusicBee / iTunes cover flow look on foobar?

Yup.

>minimalist usability.

This is how kids call featureless unconfigurable bloat these days?

AIMP is god-tier. Based commies.

Yeah it's sexy. I switched to it after trying out Qus, which is absolutely useless.

iTunes ~_^

Deadbeef

mpd + ncmpcpp.

I have two options:

-Gather my current music, organize and tag it properly so I have a cute looking player with album art everywhere and this and that
-Fuck it just folder view on a simple list

Which would you choose?

I know I want to listen to music more than look at a fancy player, but sometimes it's nicer to have something neat and organized. I know that when I look at things like OP, that's just neat.

Anything that is not iTunes, but also downloads podcasts from iTunes?

>-Gather my current music, organize and tag it properly so I have a cute looking player with album art everywhere and this and that
This because organization is great.

>downloads podcasts
rss feed aggregator
there's a few good ones,

Well, to be honest I just play them. I just like how iTunes handles it but not the rest.

foobar on pc
phonograph on android

you can open your podcasts through a rss reader with your favorite media player.

Foobar2k on pc since upnp works with it
Can't find any decent upnp music players on android though