6 Am

>6 Am
>Been trying to install Arch for 5 hours(first linux os)
>broke partition table(lol), went and formatted hdd to start fresh
>still trying
>dont want arch anymore
jesus i know im not all that smart but this is ridiculous!

Seriously though, should I give up? I really wanna use Arch but this is just so fucking tedious.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/sNCaWBiM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Off yourself.

What part of the tutorial is giving you the most trouble?

Fuck arch. You'll gain nothing from it, especially if it's your first distro.

Try *buntu, fedora or debian.

This is the trap of arch.

It looks interesting doing everything yourself the first time, but after a while there really is no reason to bother. There are some philosophy issues surrounding arch after all, which specifically states this tedium is intended completely in the name of customisation.

Why do you suck so bad, go get a nice nights sleep and try and figure it out tomorrow

I honestly have no fucking idea.

I have my entire hdd space unallocated, so I make my boot partition, set its flags, my root partition, swap, and home, and then I try to follow along and fuck up somewhere along the line.

Doin this all on my own like this is alot harder than doing debian. All debian was was just popping it in and doing it.

I am real tempted to go use debian instead full time but now I am committed; I wanna fucking follow through and finish what I started.

Plus doesnt Debian have older stuff anyway and is updated infrequently? Arch just sounds like everything Id like, but I am not goos enough to fucking get it.

Just get Manjaro GNU/Linux...

The arch install is like a hurdle. It's not a very high hurdle but just high enough to keep the most plebby plebs out.

Arch is better without you and you are probably better without Arch. May you join the many failed arch users who shitpost about Arch being for autists when really you are just a bitter failure.

>Arch fag trying to make the rootshell install sound tough

it's like arch without autism

Don't say GNU/Linux, it gives that fat fuck Stallman unwarranted praise. He should be glad Linus used some of his work, otherwise he have faded into obscurity by now. Faggot even calls himself a Dr without having a PhD.

Just use fdisk /dev/sda
Make the boot partition 512M
Flag it with a
Make a swap partition, doesn't really matter how big. Flag it for swap. Hex code is 82.
Use the rest for your rootfs

Then follow the installation. It's like ten commands.

user , keep trying, learning gnu/Linux is a great skill set to posses.
I'm pretty sure most peoples first arch install takes multiple , multiple attempts.

Seriously though should I just use Debian? Do you have to configure literally EVERYTHING on Arch? I feel like my productivity would fuckin go through the ground if that is the case.

So you came here to admit that your reading comprehension skills are below those of a 4th grader and that you are not capable of following a simple step-by-step guide that's thoroughly described on their Wiki?

At first your productivity will be shit tier, after a while though it will increase to a point likely above windows ,learn lua, vim/emacs and bash scripting.

>GNU/Linux

Stallmanite faggot, dress yourself in borrowed robes just like your faggot leader.

Debian generally has older, better tested, stable packages.
Unless you use on of the testing versions. You could always do that.

I bet you call the floor the ceiling too....

>Seriously though, should I give up?
No.

You need to be over 18 to post here
Seriously, I installed arch when I was 14, you must be unable to read or something.

>image.jpg
>posting from iPhoneâ„¢
>unable to read basic documentation
Not surprising

>Seriously, I installed arch when I was 14
You need to be over 18 to post here.

Install Debian

Use Architect, you can't fail to install Arch with Architect. Good luck.

Try harder. In the ned it will work and you will have learnt a lot. (Never installed Arch personnally but learned a lot installing Gentoo for the first time)

fucking redhat used to be more complicated to get running, and you complain

lol ok

>arch came out in 2002
>not knowing that "was" means past tense

i believe in you. don't give up.

it's not difficult, either. just type five or so commands and that's all.

>>>/Auschwitz/

No, you don't, the default config sets are normally completely fine.

You really want to use arch... Because some internet losers formed a club around it? And you fell for the meme. Someone post the comics and then go for Ubuntu OP.

if you really want to learn gnu, i recommend
>ubuntu > debian > arch > gentoo
you will get a nice notion from ubuntu, debian is a where ubuntu come from but it holds less your hands

but then again, as the guy saif, after getting used to arch/gentoo, it doesnt make much sense using it.
i like ubuntu better, works just out of the box for everything i need, its customizable and not hard to do it

>using GNU without understanding implications>regurgitating stale memes

OP
S1: get *buntu
S2: experiment with it
S3: get used to playing with the terminal
S4: consider arch

oi you fokin wanker, by sayin using gnu it is implicit "play around with terminal", its the only way to learn it

pastebin.com/sNCaWBiM
it's litterally just a few commands to get it installed... took me like 10 minutes.

go back to your baby distro.

Who the fuck starts linux on arch?

I did

Would there be a way to do that kind of wiping wthout getting your hands covered in shit?