Fusée-chaîne edition

Fusée-chaîne edition
This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that is required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtube.com/watch?v=508-rmdY4jQ&feature=youtu.be

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

skywatches.com.sg/reviews/seiko-snk809k2-mens-nylon-5-military-automatic-mens-watch-snk809-best-buying.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=3bbxHVRCQYU
youtu.be/ASgAzs5LM24
aliexpress.com/item/1/1884015732.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>today I held a genuine Rolex for the first time
>inspect it with a loupe for muh micro-engineering and materials engineering and all that haute horlogerie goodness
>tfw it's just another fucking watch
First for the magic is gone, /wt/.

Budget 49€
Must be mechanical
Should look clean (like Orient)

What buy?

Also fuck Rolex, they are ugly and worn by mobs here

But now you are free from the burden of awe and can focus on aesthetics in general without placing anything on a pedestal or looking down on others of lower price.

Too bad what you posted is hideous dogshit.

Rolexes are just very good tool watches masquerading as luxury goods. Now you know the truth.

49€ won't get you very far, vostok/hmt/bagelsport are the only brands that come to mind

Just got my new TAG today

skywatches.com.sg/reviews/seiko-snk809k2-mens-nylon-5-military-automatic-mens-watch-snk809-best-buying.htm

www.skywatches.com.sg/reviews/seiko-5-snk803k2-military-automatic-mens-watch-snk803.htm

Both will look fine on brown leather.

Please tell me you stole that pic from Reddit and you didn't actually pay six million shekels for an Edifice rep.

Most Rolexes are nothing technically amazing, but are extremely well made and will last a lifetime or more if correctly serviced, which is why they appeal to a lot of people in a world where most products are poorly made, cheaply produced garbage.

I bought it today. In house movement, beautifully crafted swiss avant-garde

>beautifully crafted swiss avant-garde
kek, I'm watching that video just now.

Wait a second, is "Swiss avant-garde" really how they describe themselves? KEKKETY FUCKING KEK, I though Archie made that up in the video I just mentioned.

youtube.com/watch?v=3bbxHVRCQYU

What a bunch of cunts TAG and their customers are.

Those are nice

Are sites like this and longislandwatch legit?
They look sketchy

Thanks

I fantasise about torturing Archie. And I don't mean casual torture, I really mean fucking bringing him close to death. I wanna see his skin slowly tear as a knife cuts through it like paper. I wanna see his face slowly disfigured as it's bludgeoned with a claw hammer. I want to rip his fucking teeth and nails out and beat the shit out of his body like a bag full of sand. And once am done beating the fucker till his last breath, I'll fill his mouth with salt and fuck his brains out. Then I'll lynch the bastard, cut open his corpse and let his insides pour out over his luxury goods and burn them all. God I'll do anything to hear that fat bastard scream in pain.

Well.

Post watches and strap resizing tools

Marc, the owner of longislanwatches is bro-tier.

Good service overall, price are okay mostly.

Remember to grind his 18k grail submariner into a pulp right in front of him.

>can't search catalog for "wt" to find thread

You just haven't reached watch nirvana yet, young apprentice.

I love it!

Said no one ever.

If lawyerfag sees this, is it worth getting the engraved balance cock on the Imperial? I'm worried it won't look right since it'll stand out from the silver movement which takes up the majority of the aesthetics.

I'm not him but I have a feeling the 14 ones made tp sell are already sold out.

I got one of those Seiko I linked you from that store, everything cool and it has a 1 year warranty.

Keep in mind that price is for the cheapest shipping method and no watch box, if you're ok with that, go ahead.

Is this a good deal for 70 bucks?

I actually prefer handwinding over automatic because I won't wear it at work.

Will probably replace the strap.

It seems one of these guys saw one of my old pics.

Does anybody know if the Seiko Astron series watches are any good? I kind of like the timezone feature, but not sure if it is worth it. (I also prefer a watch with additional dials, just for appearance reasons.)

Do you think it would fit well on a shark mesh?

AW FUCK MAN I forgot to name the thread

I don't think so.

The chrome or titanium-nitrate plating will look weird with the steel mesh.

Amphibia's have polished steel cases, plus you can handwind them despite them being automatics. Thickness wise they are very close.

>plus you can handwind them despite them being automatics

That's all I needed to hear, thanks.

I originally asked for input on this one for 109$ so I'll probably get it if I cand handwind it.

How easy/hard would it be to put a leather strap on a sk809 seiko5?

can you tie your shoes?

The red and blue looks ugly

Why?

I am very new.
Can I take it off? Does it have a spring or something

I think somebody on last thread said it, but it's a good price for one.

The bezel is 32.50 on it's own. Got one from this seller on the way and if i'm already going for the mesh might as well go for the aftermarket bezel.

Piss easy, but if you're asking this question here you're going to struggle.

Yes and yes.

Changing a strap is foolprof thing.

Just be sure to get a 18 mm one.

G O O G L E

people still wear watches?

yes but you'll need a springbar tool. Some watches, it's easy to remove the springbar without a tool, but not the Seiko 5 (in my experience)

I have one of these, Grade 1 (highest) Chinese Standard Movement watch from the 70's. What strap should I put on it? I have the factory metal bracelet but that's worse than an Amphibias. I wore it on an admiralty-gray nato today, but I think it deserves a leather. I'm thinking black, either glossy lizard, or satin croc. I don't think brown works with this dial at all.

Also how do I re-chrome at home? Mine is a bit more beat than pic.

No idea what watch it is, but it's old Russian one. And no elektroniczne at all, just mechanic, and that pure sound... Ahhh, masterpiece

Fcking Google keyboard, I meant electronic parts... And it's from 70s-80s

Does /with/ like my Festina

wew

I haven't seen on of these in a while. How's it running?

Also dark brown leather, either buffalo grained or smooth.

Doesn't look like slav design, dial tint suggests 60's and abused.

Put a proper picture of the dial.

>How's it running?
Interestingly while the exterior is kinda beat, the movement is clean and running great.

>With
Wtg*
Fucking autocorrect

just wt

ITT: Chinese and Russian crap

every. single. time.

don't forget Seiko!

I do.

Festina Chronograph is 7/8ths of my collection

You should check out their tour de france stuff (chrono bike) if you like that.

youtu.be/ASgAzs5LM24

That was a very comprehensive review, thanks!

Looks that you have some pitting on the case, so i wouldn't recommend re-plating that.

>Chinkshit
>Like 95% of the products posted on Sup Forums
:^)

aliexpress.com/item/1/1884015732.html

What could possibly go wrong?

So what should be done with it? Can the pits somehow be touched up with chrome to not be so obvious?

> ugly commie shit

why is this popular?

it's not, it's just a Sup Forums meme

Stop samefagging.

Ideally when fixing pitting in brass, you would need to buff the brass up to the same depth of the pitting, polish, smooth it out and replate it.

You wish.

Not an option, it would ruin the case. Any way to just chrome the pits, like with those plating pens?

u wish faggot.

Can't decide between the Amphibia 090 and 710 case style. What is the general accepted meme style?

Shit on me.

I've heard of people soldering some kind of filler, like hard silver and then plating it. I've soldered hard silver once in the past and it was a bit annoying to work with. (Much more used to soldering tin or Gold)

But at this point you're almost better off sending it to a company/watchmaker that does it.

710 is neat, but 090 if you really want to trigger the autists.

I know you don't wear that Soki in public.

Otherwise melt that Invicta and you're not doing too bad.

if you saved up your money you might just have just had enough money to buy a decent watch.

>ten shits on a table

I'm a watchmaker, how the fuck do I do it?

Got this in the mail today, love the slightly purple sheen the dial has.

>chink shit

>I'm a watchmaker,

First for ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

I've been wearing the Soki for the last few days.

What are you even trying to say?

Well i ain't.

I've soldered electronics and welded lots of copper pipes in the past, so i'm not an expert in filling and plating.

Either way if you're going for a semi-homemade solution you'd have to smooth it down and likely go for something like nickel plating. Since the chrome plating process is toxic.

>I shitpost without thinking

Camera angle makes it look like it's 2big4u

Take a picture down your wrist.

>haute horlogerie
>Rolex
I don't know what you expected.

No, it's not a good deal.
Also, the automatic Vostoks have handwinding too. Those aren't mutually exclusive.

It would be pretty good without the subdial.

That Invicta doesn't have a GMT hand, does it?

Are you Canadian?

That rubber strap looks great. I probably like it better than the bracelet.

It's mostly camera angle, yeah, juggling a Nexus 6 one-handed and battling the shitty auto-focus is a bitch.

Too dark to take a photo now, but I feel its borderline. I think it photographers a bit larger than life.

Camera distortion makes it look a little bit bigger, but that seems way too big.

Yeah, the metal bracelet doesn't work with those lugs.

Perhaps a tad? I really do hate my skinny wrists.

2big4u

Oh well, I feel comfortable wearing it though so don't mind.

kek

Easy to do - if you're doing it just the one time don't bother buying a spring bar tool. I used a knife the first time and just my fingernails another time.

i bought my first automatic watch (an orient) on longislandwatch like 8 or 10 years ago, they've been around a while.

Bordrline.

stay mad

tips fedora are you challenged or something?

imagine walking around with this 10lb piece of shit strapped to your arm

trash

I know what it means you autistic clown, I'm asking why the fuck would you even post that to a simple sentence like "I'm a watchmaker"?

>Looking for rational on Sup Forums in a "Watches are still kewal" thread.

Still better than all the other "tiling WM-s/mech keyboards/Unix are still kewl" garbage on Sup Forums.

This is my other TAG