How the fuck is Sup Forums even breaking even?

how the fuck is Sup Forums even breaking even?

Other urls found in this thread:

encyclopediadramatica.se/AnonTalk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sup Forums runs on dreams.

Ads, passes, sweatshop baby tears

It doesn't

Sup Forums users who don't use Adblock.

google pays them to keep the captcha.

is this true or just a meme?

Sup Forumsabies that don't use adblock, janitors that get paid in hot pockets and autists,tor users and chinamen who use the Sup Forums pass

It's just a meme. Google's captcha is the only strong one left.

>not disabling adblock while browsing Sup Forums
Pleb

Go away hiroshima

Does the pass really allow proxies,vpns etc.?

yes

The only people that bitch about captcha are newfags who never had to endure the dark age of spamming.

I have never felt at ease on this site because I always felt it would disappear, instead it just gets worse every day.

I just forget to turn it off TB. Might do it now

i disable adblock on Sup Forums

was it that bad?

ads, pass, datamining

this. i use this site the most and the ads aren't noticeable at all.

cucks detected

It was fucking annoying
encyclopediadramatica.se/AnonTalk

how witty and funny xD

Is it true that Sup Forums is the most captcha used site?

>accelspammer
Sup Forums was pretty much unusable

Mods and Janitors work 'for free'

Google captchas and selling user information. Also deals with various entities. For example, any negative opinion of d44m on Sup Forums results in a site-wide 3 days ban, similarly to any negative opinion of world trigger on Sup Forums. Moreover, a fair-use-compatible pic of a frame of a public broadcast featuring d44m which showed it had become a cod clone was instantly deleted anytime someone tried to post it, and the hash of the original was added to a blacklist.

Sup Forums has the best ad system out of any website I've been on
>static images or gif's with low framerates
>small, takes up only a small amount of space on the page
>no sound or anything retarded like that

No, but the admin team really wants you to believe it is. They also absolutely don't want you to check out any other chan because they don't use google captchas, or even any captcha at all, don't use invasive schemes, yet have significantly higher usercount than Sup Forums at the time moot implemented that shit (8ch, kraut, lain) and still barely get any spam.

You forgot
>nsfw ads on sfw boards

Like every other high traffic site: Ransomware in the ads.

>Google's captcha is the only strong one left.

Bullshit.

You can make way stronger CAPTCHA's if you drop the requirement of doing useful work.

>was it that bad?

Only on Sup Forums

The؜re ar؜e ma؜ny of th؜ose quo؜tes that ke؜eps the sur؜geon ins؜pired about hi؜s job, th؜ey also h؜elp him jump these l؜arge obs؜tacles in life. For؜tunately, the ؜quotes have been rel؜eased to the public to help ins؜pire fellow surg؜eons.

At 1؜0, I was int؜rigued by surgery, I want؜ed to be sur؜geon for a lo؜ng time. I love doct؜or shows and surg؜ery shows. Blo؜od is not an is؜sue for me. I eve؜n took pi؜ctures once of me gett؜ing my blood tak؜en.

Dr Ba؜ban؜ga, my lo؜cal doctor, reco؜mmended that I sho؜uld perhaps try super؜flex before and after breakf؜ast.

Humani؜ty abhors, above all things, a vac؜uum in itself, and your class will be cut off from hum؜anity as th؜e؜ surge؜on slowly cuts the ca؜ncer and alien gro؜wth from the b؜ody.

Fantastic, th؜e s؜urgeon i؜s ؜inspired
Fantastic, the surgeo؜n is inspi؜red
Fantastic, the su؜rge؜on is in؜spi؜red
Fantastic, the surg؜eon is in؜spired

Google's captchas are actually easier for machines than for humans right now.

The "spam" was mostly people uploading full imagesets in seconds, and it was great

I'm thinking about writing an AI that can recognize traffic signs, to aid people in CAPTCHA's.

Name one stronger captcha. I'll tell you why it's weaker.

No it isn't. You're just a subhuman.

Good luck bro. See you in 100 years.

There's like a billion of those going around and they literally work better than humans on the task.

- show a picture, for example of a USB cable.
- user has to type in the corresponding phrase ("I'll show you later")

More importantly, how the fuck hasn't J-List given up on advertising here yet?

The bot will automatically use X from "type in phrase X."

The only people who bitch about captcha are people that want a good open source captcha that lets me quickly input it via keyboard and not google botnet owned click the pictures meme captcha.

How would it know the meme?

Enable legacy captchas, type the numbers slightly wrong

I remember the constant spam by kimmo for pedotalk, but this current captcha system is also shit

By selling user data.

I disable ads on Sup Forums. I once went to look at the archive of a thread and it had a giant fuckingad across the top that would get clicked when you try to scroll (mobile) .

Not surprisingly the ad was malware and tried to convince me I had viruses on my phone and needed to download their software.

Never again do just browse Sup Forums with ads on mobile

The botmaker will ask someone on reddit.

Cause they actually make money not only for selling dakimakuras to pedos, they also do XSS attacks with their ads to harvest user information here and on nyaa and sell that info to third parties.

I bet you could just feed the individual capctha images to google's own image search and have it describe it

Captcha don't stop spam. They stop idiots. You can buy services to do your captcha for you for cents and within seconds.

Yet in all those years I've wasted my time on Sup Forums since I started coming here in 2011, I can count the amount of advertising spam I've seen on one hand.

Honeypot. Think about how much evidence you can collect from

Funny, I've been there since 2006, but I couldn't count the amount of commercial spam there's been just this year on both my hands plus the toes of my feet.

It's owned by a Chinese named Hiroshima I think
Running servers in China is dirt cheap

I've been here since summer and I've noticed there are way more hand typed shill posts than automatic spam.

Yeah, there's some amount of automatic spam from time to time but it's relatively rare. It's also true that it was much more prevalent before captchas, but it mostly wasn't advertising spam and more like Sup Forums-type spam. Manually-typed ad spam is fucking everywhere nowadays, though, something that just didn't happen before. I don't think Sup Forums's rise in popularity is the only reason for this.

Recaptcha uses images that couldn't be automatically identified by Google.

Not exactly. It uses images that could be automatically identified as controls, and images that couldn't be automatically identified, which are then used to improve google's dataset. That's why you often end up with "select all the salads" and all you see are pizzas. In this case, selecting whichever items have a higher density of green tends to yield best results.

>Recaptcha uses images that were automatically identified by Google.

ftfy

They also add images they couldn't recognize, but those have no effect on the captcha process.

The "ads" on Sup Forums are cool! I love the little gifs. The actual ads don't even get in the way they are always anime related and look quite nice in the site : )

>they are always anime related

If that's true, I'm so glad I use an ad blocker.

This. Ads on here are perfectly acceptable on this site so I disable adblock

it runs on memes
meme powered

sure, since you're identifying yourself with the pass

Why would you ad block Sup Forums? Least intrusive advertising I've seen

Ads here are literally just pictures and are never inline, so I disable adblock. It's better to have sites that do ads well serve as examples for others than to block everything in order to make a point about "Everything on the internet should be free!"

Why deal with ads when you can pay for a Sup Forums Pass?

With the power of love everything is possible.

Hiro let malware ads through once. I'm not taking the chance. Plus, I bought a pass.

it's a viral marketing platform.

I mean what even?

selling information?

i remember. everyone on Sup Forums called me a fag for not using adblocker and said i have a virus lol.

Buying a pass is the way to go it seems.

Good goy. Enjoy being banned and losing your pass because you didn't have the Right Opinion on FUCKING Sup Forums OF ALL FUCKING PLACES.

>no sound
> too newfag to remember when moot (literally what?) spammed lolsorandumb meme music on most boards

This is why I have adblock and flash disabled by default.

Kek, stop having such shit opinions then :^)
I've had a pass since moot introduced it, and the only bans I've gotten were for actually breaking the rules, like posting NSFW stuff on blue boards. The only people that get banned with a pass are people actually break the rules and deserve it. Give me one good reason why Hiro would want to ban someone that probably will buy a new pass every year?

Because with every ban there's a new purchase. But are you saying it's alright for hiroshima to ban people who offend card-holders then?

If someone buys a new pass after getting banned because of their opinion, they have to be retarded.

What I'm saying is that someone claiming they got banned because of their opinion alone, is probably lying just like the trash in our prisons saying they didn't do anything.

If anything, they should tolerate people with passes more than people without because they have invested more money into the site, and might be ready to invest more.

>similarly to any negative opinion of world trigger on Sup Forums
You're so full of shit. I don't know anything about Sup Forums but no one has ever once been banned for disliking an anime on Sup Forums.

I would probably buy a pass if this board didn't get shat all over every day two times a day.

>/r9k/

I personally have literally been. A single post a single time calling world trigger shit. Banned for "instigating a flamewar".

this. Pass masterrace

You sound like a shitter who deserves to be b&

this is a great place!

>4 infinity capchas

nabs that use adblock
howdoihostsfile.jpg

Quads speak the truth.

>haha le jews meme xD
Go back to there's no jewish conspiracy to keep you a virgin and make everyone hate your opinions, hun, you are just a detestable person.

I don't believe you. I've been on Sup Forums since 2007 and have never once been banned for shitting on a show.

I miss gay purple man

I don't even know if people are trolling or not with all these "i have Sup Forums pass and its great" posts.

I spend enough time here where $20 is worth not clicking through captcha shit