College Thread

Let's have a college/university/secondary education thread for all of us Sup Forums students.
Post your college, shitpost about it/others, give advice, etc.

I'm expecting Sup Forums to make fun of me for going to U of H for Electrical Engineering, but whatever.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rtPSNVR0Prw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

its alright

The world needs more electrical engineering people. Too many pajeet tier people being churned out by "comp sci". I my self almost fell for the comp sci meme. Thank god.

It's a fun major man.
Actually being able to see your work physically and practically apply it to the real world? Priceless.

neuroscience major reporting in, am I fucking up?

>neuroscience
>fucking up
You're pretty damn secure yo.
I'd just get your bachelor's degree at Ohio and aim higher for graduate school, but that's just me. You do you.

Not as gud as I hoped. CS.

EE, Uni of Montenegro

The only advice I can give you, study often and long, or you'll end up like me. I passed about 1.5-2 years worth of courses in the last 4 years, I'm 23 and got a nice deeeeep depression going on for me. Procrastination could very well be the only true deadly sin.

feels good fâm

Not a bad school it's just a shame your football team is shit.

im studying EE btw.

this. love that kinda shit

Future comp sci single honors reporting in. Hoping to go into academia, any tips?

I've got something like 20 friends that go there. At the very best I have heard neutral things about it. Most people have pretty horrible things to say about the professors and the school in general. Only content ones are the ones who already have jobs basically lined up and just need the degree for the sake of it.

unless you're going to a top tier uni (ivy league) prepare to be unstimulated, intellectually. CS courses are dumbed down quite a bit, as it's a cash cow for the education business, and can't be a cash cow if most students fail the first semester.

it might pick up in your junior and senior years, but the biggest problem you'll have to face is being evaluated against normies with no programming experience

100% accurate at lower levels.

If you can make it past year 2 things get a bit better, but it's good enough for me and lets me live at home so I'm good.

I'm not american, Im going to a decent tier uni (top 30) in the UK. Going since its close, it apparently doesnt matter for undergrad, and I wasnt all that keen on the arrogance of the russel group students.

I'll be receiving a major of their choice soon.

I put code monkey degree as the last choice.

i'm australian m8

glad to hear it's better in the motherland tho

Well, I mean there are shit unis here where you will get nowhere, but apparently the one Im aiming to go to is not one of them. It has a 100% graduate level job employment for my specific course. $33k USD average first salary.

UH sucks so bad in comp sci, the only good prof there is based scala man Phil Johnson

Are you a Haole?
Shit gets hard here being one man.

What's that chart about?

born&raised, in my mom's basement spending most of my days (outside of going to class)

i feel bad incredibly for any kid that goes here from out of state

Who else here /NYC/?

UH senate talking about tom apple being a retard with budget

I mean it's not too bad.
I don't get too ostracized or anything, it's just obvious that they think I'm different and all.
Luckily I'm native american so once I explain that, locals and I are usually a bit more chill when we level about people stealing our land and shit.

Anyone else /Electronic Engineering/ here? 1st year here.

i was talking about the housing, just don't try to be a wannabe local and you should be fine. most of the racism to white kids stays in high school.

youtube.com/watch?v=rtPSNVR0Prw

About to fail a class. :^)

Nah man, this place isn't mine, I'd never try to pretend like it is.

Oh yeah, housing is nuts. Cost of living here is ridiculous. Price you pay I guess.

>i'm native american
>i'll never pretend this place is mine

so, you're a faggot who blames your social awkwardness and immaturity on a fact that isn't even true (that you are native american)?

>hawaii
are you even reading

Lol. I'm Cherokee man, I have no right to call Hawaii my place. I already have one, I'm just lucky to live here.

Their comp sci program is actually pretty good.
>source: am brainwashed A&M CS major

I would have been /NYC/ if Columbia didn't reject me. Decided to go to Stony Brook instead.

bamp

Are you from upstate NY?

Finishing 1st year of university.
Time to stop fucking around and leave, I'm just gonna flip burgers where no one can see me.
How viable is that job or am I going to get replaced by a robot soon?

Is it? I'm at UT and two of my friends transferred from A&M CS because they said it wasn't.

Then again, I heard a recruiter saying he would prefer A&M CS graduates over UTCS, so I'm not sure what to believe between both schools.

Cooks are not going to be replaced any time soon because running a kitchen can be a nightmare. Good cooks are always in demand and have a world wide mobility as journeymen and engineers.

That's probably because he went to A&M.

Grad student in atmospheric science. Used to live in Illinois and now I'm in upstate NY. Quite the change.

Who /fortran/ here?

>tfw I'm originally from upstate but I've never been to Albany
How is it there?

Ay Sup Forums,

I just checked my grades and I got a C in Matrix Algebra. How fucked am I in the future?

Also what should I do to prepare for Advanced Object Oriented Programming in the Fall?

>Also what should I do to prepare for Advanced Object Oriented Programming in the Fall?
Program.

Why would you really even be fucked?
Employers don't give a rat's ass about your college grades.

Learn Hindi so you can cheat off the Indians.

honestly, don't drop out. i dropped out, and my life sucked for 7 years until i had enough money and realised i need to get by ass back into school and complete my degree.

it's harder out there than you know. also stop doing drugs while you're enrolled in college.

UT's CS school is a lot better than A&M. It's like 8th in the country or something.

well, it means you're an average student. not special or advanced, just average.

as an average student, it will be all the more impressive if your future self invents something game changing.

Technical University of Denmark here.

Boy do I love the smell of despair during exams. I'm about to fail an EE exam tomorrow myself. Wish me luck.

Good luck

T-thanks.

It's just that I never worked hard in all my academic life. I'm not used to studying so I'm having a hard time now in university.
I have this project in C and have no will whatsoever to do it.
I like computers but I'm slowly learning that maybe not the programming part, it's boring as fuck.

UGA? Where are you at?

Why am I majoring in pure math?

Lykke til til deg, dansker.

How hard is it to transfer into? I am at the Galveston campus right now.

University of Alabama in Huntsville. (UAH)

Pretty good. Way better if you're an aerospace engineering major. The CS majors like myself take a backseat to it all, but whatever.

Maybe a bit off-topic OP, but have you ever visited any of the observatories there? I know an engineering student who was telling me how awesome it is to look at stars from mountain tops in Hawaii.

because it's fun

excuses are like arseholes

How so?

everyone has one

Any other ND fags on here?

Enrolled at Michigan Technological University as an electrical engineer. Starting this fall. How'd I do?

Not everyone

Anyone here from the University of Washington?

*raises paw*

i-i am

Not being educated. Though I am thinning of going back for a PhD in computer engineering. UCSD.

Yup

I know there was someone from UCF last time we did this thread
where you at senpai

m8 what year

Yeah, it's true. Gorgeous view.

Oh shit boi, what are you studying?

One really cool thing that came out of the university of Hawaii is the Aloha protocol. It allowed development of Ethernet and other variations really improved wireless access methods. I would say it is still widely used today although it may not be credit as such. Never be ashamed of your place of education. The important thing is what YOU do with it.

Liberal arts, specifically women's history

Any Cal Poly cucks here?

Holy b8

What I was trying to say is that I was always lazy and hated studying unless the topic really interests me.

I'm father jenkins.

desu I'm just surprised another ND bro is on here considering everyone would shit on Sup Forums constantly in senior computing ethics

Pretty good

My mom went there, then Cornell for grad school.

Just got my B.S. in management information systems and starting masters in business analytics and information system management. How am I doing Sup Forums?

Honestly surprised anyone at ND even knows what Sup Forums is. Probably from vague references on plebbit...

>ethical and professional issues
>93 enrolled

Holy shit that's a huge class... CS is overflowing

Also
>no data structures and algorithms til junior year
Hahaha CS fucked you

what grade did you get in Pointy Hairstyle Studies?

CS really did fuck us, somehow most of us got good jobs though

the amount of reddit references is insufferable

I think I could get the same job/pay with or without an university degree

should I drop out Sup Forums?

get the job, then drop out.

Tune in, Turn on, then drop out.

That's good to hear, I think Ramzi is finally turning the department around... way too late IMO

Our class shat all over the department in our exit interviews

can't wait to leave these miserable fucks behind for the summer

My coworker went there, she loved that everyone actually knew math, no liberal arts majors.

I like the school a lot and I like my friends here but the autism is real.

Good. Deserved it.
Did anyone from your class go to the big 5? I noticed they've been recruiting here more.

Cut my life into pieces

my alma mater

I know that feel bro.

Thanks for salting my wound senpai.