Open365

Hey Sup Forums
any thoughts on Open365?
is it worth a try? did someone already manage to install it on his own server?
open365.io/

Other urls found in this thread:

developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/gtk-broadway.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Idea is awesome.
How the fuck did they manage to port all that GTK shit to javascript/HTML5?

Any idea how they intend to get revenue?
Are there some premium accounts or will they just sell my data?

I'm still testing. Sync clients on linux and android are really nice and libreoffice works fine.

>How the fuck did they manage to port all that GTK shit to javascript/HTML5?
No need to port GTK3 have a HTML5 backend
developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/gtk-broadway.html

i suggest the premium thing when out of beta phase.
The seafile integration works so good, i'm about to kick my ownloud installation if i get this to work on my machine. Also tried open365 sync client on android in combination with libreoffice-viewer and activated experimental editor mode. It works.

I use it and I am happy with it

on your own machine?

This is a cross platform thin client. So yeah

i meant, did you install your own server?

No, on my desktop

Can someone who uses it give us an in depth description? I can't research it too much while gold bricking.

i will try to install the serverside of it. But today i'm tired and tomorrow i have to drink till sunset... so maybe sunday...

basically it's a free alternative to office365.
It integrates cloud storage via seafile, webbased libreoffice and kontact for mail and contacts.
With registration you get 20GB free storage and it's open source, so you can install your own server. for what i have seen so far, it's available as a container for docker.
Sync clients are available for win, mac, linux, ios and android. I tested linux and android, they are working fine. The android client has also automatic photo upload, what i missed in the seafile client.

>basically it's a free alternative to office365.
>It integrates cloud storage via seafile, webbased libreoffice and kontact for mail and contacts.

Do you get an exchange like experience, like Zentyal provides with rich contacts and calendar?

Who the hell want a Exchange like experience? I thank God i don't need to work with this shit anymore.
But yes, rich contacts and calendar are implemented.

>Who the hell want a Exchange like experience?

This. Exchange is the bane of my existence.

Have you ever worked with lotus notes?

I unironically love it.

9 is pretty comfy. domino is the fucked up shit as exchange but way more flexible.
Besides this, domino and notes run nice on linux.

I feel with you.

>Who the hell want a Exchange like experience?
Every user, everywhere, for all time, ever.

I don't want to admin exchange, which is why I'm asking about this tools user experience.

There is nothing special on Outlook. It's a fuckin' PIM with mail integrated.

I administer Exchange at work and it's a miserable piece of shit. I have 0 faith in it without having DAGs configured, and even then, I'm paranoid about doing so much as a reboot.

Sorry, but the corporate world in its current world wants Outlook.

>iknowthatfeelbro.jpg