I need some help. Just over 2 months ago I built my first ever PC...

I need some help. Just over 2 months ago I built my first ever PC, everything was going fine until maybe 1-2 weeks ago when my graphics card just keeps overheating, it's an r9 390x and I first tried it in games like The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Rust, Arma 3, Rainbow six siege and it had no problems whatsoever. But now it just keeps going as high as a constant 94 degrees when I play non demanding games like Rocket league or Stellaris or anything. I have tried increasing fan speed (currently at 70) and leaving case open. I think it may have something to do with the crimson drivers but it started of in crimson when I built it I think. I turned off that plays.tv thing and still to no avail. I have not got a clue how to downgrade to catalyst drivers and I'm afraid the card might be faulty, but how could it run fine for nearly 2 months and then start overheating? Please if someone here could help that would be great.

PC parts:

Intel core i5 6600k @3.5ghz
16 gb ddr4 ram
Z170 A LGA1151 Mobo
Amd Radeon R9 390X
250gb ssd
2tb hdd

Other urls found in this thread:

sapphiretech.com/productdetial.asp?pid=FF539E23-7718-4BDE-9E02-CF174D2BFCC2&lang=eng
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>amd

the best thing you can do is take a picture of your PC guts and we can see if you've configured it wrong

I cannot believe people are still dumb enough to buy AMD.

Sounds faulty. Uninstall plays.TV and raptr both are shit. Mine never even gets very warm

Listen to this dubs, OP

Ignore this Quads Of Shilling, OP

OP thats normal, it's the new feature which is implemented by AMD, called Housefire Graphics Acceleratorâ„¢.

>AMD
>overheating

Choose one

Not your tech support

Op here sorry for shitty quality

sounds like the fans are fucked or something, rma that and get a brand new one

Close up if that helps

You might have to replace the thermal compound. But I'd RMA the card first before doing anything if it's that new.

>that cable fuckupment

I think the problem might be your case. It has enough ventilation?

Do you have parkinsons or something?

HAHAHAH

i had a gigabyte version of this pos exact same cooler for a little under 5 hours before i sent it straight back

Literally the worst card ive ever seen.

the 290/390's run HOT but this cooler is useless it literally switches off and doesnt turn back on the poor card runs at 55-70 idle and 80-90 while gaming its so shit and loud

Should have sent it back and got a Sapphire like im doing

I know shitty cable management. The case is a fractal design r5, no added fans just the ones that come with it (1 on the front and back)

That looks like my cable management, and I usually don't have problems like that. Then again, I've never had a GPU that's needed more than one PCI-E power connector.

Good idea.

Well here is the thing user he may be an idiot for buying one but you are the bigger for buying one, sending it back and then getting another....jesus man

Rheumatoid arthritis sorry.

I'm just memeing, guys, relax. My cable management is way worse than OP's

Send the card back, get a refund, use the money to buy something with a better cooler.

>current year
>still buying AMD anything

LOL i should post mine

Sup Forums would have a fucking fit

what would you rather i just run intel intergrated till polaris? Because thats my only motherfucking option till July or whenever the fuck they come out
Plus you've got the life of the Card and up to a week or two to return the new 390 if its shit.

Depends where you are but usually your covered for the manufactures warranty (usually 2-3 years) and the store should offer up to a year.

Oh by the way Polaris cards have been confirmed that they are to be mid range cards not top end. They wont better the 390 apart from lower power consumption

FUCK SAKE ITS BEEN 3 FUCKING YEARS WHAT THE FUCK ARE AMD DOING?

I have a sapphire 390x and it works fine.
Always go sapphire. They work hands in hand with amd.

Getting their shit slapped by Intel and Nvidia? I fucking love AMD and I'm sad to see them in this state.

Yeah I am looking to upgrade from my 970 so was looking at both sets of gpu. Looks like Im getting the 1080

Fuck sake i might as well go buy a 390
Which sapphire?

Im gonna get this

sapphiretech.com/productdetial.asp?pid=FF539E23-7718-4BDE-9E02-CF174D2BFCC2&lang=eng
At $699 for the 'reference' card your going to be paying ALOT more for a decent aftermarket one

I have the 390x non nitro. I wish I had the nitro becuase it has a nicer color scheme but I assume the cooler is still the same.

fuck the 390x is like $600aud here

fuck this gay fucking earth

OP here this is the current settings of the card, I have touched anything other than the fan speeds

I want to buy an r9 390. What brand should i get? I heard sapphire is coolest, and msi is best for overclocking. Im not overclocking so should i get sapphire?

Running a Sapphire 290.
No issues here senpai.

The coolers on amd stock cards are shit.

Also clean up your cables for better airflow. Your case can't breathe because there's too much shit cluttered together..

I've got a similar problem OP.
I built a Skymeme and took my 290x out of my old build to use in this one. Not only does Radeon settings crash for no apparent reason but my GPU started idling at 60 degrees and hitting temps over 90 in games.
With my old build I didn't have crashes and my temps were 40 while idle, 70 while gayming. Somewhere between software and hardware shit's getting fucked.

Did you add another monitor? AMD cards don't clock down if you're using more than one monitor.

Single monitor. I hope my issue will fix itself with updates cause I haven't had luck looking into it myself so far.

Where are your intake fans?

That's what you get for living in kangaroo land
Captcha: 404

Think I've solved my Radeonsettings crash problem, uninstalled the MSI bloat (Killer Gaming LAN and Nahimic Sound Enhancer) so far looking strong. Looking at my clocks/temps while playing 4K youtube I'm getting 500MHz and reaching 54 degrees. Back to idling at cozy 40 degrees.

Hopefully she lasts until Polaris.

Hey OP. Sorry about the card but here's what you need to do. Where ever you bought it from contact them ASAP and get it over with. Don't fuck around with the card. MSI usually makes good coolers, but with the 390x I think they fucked up. Read some reviews and see if you can get a Sapphire version. If you can get a return from where ever your bought it call up MSI service and tell them you want a new card because this ones running hot. Call them every fucking day till they send you out a new card. Fucking do it it's your money.

this too

>AMemeD

Stop with that AMD crap. Ncucks should not be talking about house fires. Help him or gtfo