Will Sup Forums be buying a GTX 1080?

Will Sup Forums be buying a GTX 1080?

Other urls found in this thread:

mwave.com.au/product/powercolor-r9-390x-pcs-8gb-gddr5-video-card-ab69368#detailTabs=tabReviews
youtube.com/watch?v=myDYnofz_JE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes, but won't overpay for the reference card. Especially since it just had one 8 pin.

Will see what other acx options evga releases. They should oc better and be much cheaper.

Green lights are overrated anyway.

Last two generations I went with Ti so I will probably wait for 1080Ti again.

780Ti-980Ti-1080Ti

yeah probably
I already have a 980 but I also use 144hz monitor so the more overhead I can get on frames the better.

buying a pair for sli

>700 for the 'reference' edition
>800+ for a decent aftermarket one that isnt a pos with decent cooling
>??? When it actually comes out
>??? When aftermarket partner boards will come out

Its also a house fire and isnt any cooler despite being on 16nm all they did was overclock maxwell and call it a day.

Lazy fucking card

That said it shits over anything AMD has made since 2013 so idk i guess in the end we all lose

No. 800€ card that will be cucked by the Ti that will be released later.

Can I run crysis 3 on a triple full HD (surround gaming) with one GTX 1080 and be able to reach 60fps on very high settings?

I wanna know if I'm able to run the most demanding games on this setup.

Knowing ofcourse that the rest of my setup will not be the bottleneck to the 1080's performance.

i wish i could put up with the ti having 6gb and the 980 having 4gb but i just cant

Think om Going to buy one, have an amd7970

Its AMD fault for sleeping and not making any competition.

Nvidia stormed market with faulty 970 and won the day before AMD woke up and released R9 390 just too late.

Same shit will happend now, market will be stormed by 1070 or even 1080 since its overhyped right now and AMD will suck dicks again for releasing competitor half year-year later.

Fuck no. The price is £620+ in the UK, a 50% increase over the 980. Anybody who supports this kind of price gouging deserves the PC market we'll have in a few years when everything costs twice as much as manufacturers squeeze gaymers harder to make up for falling overall sales.

>blaming AMD

You are literally retarded and have been well brainwashed by Nvidia's marketing department.

If it was max 550€ (like the 980 now) and not 800€. Oh wait, that's what the 1070 will cost.

>You are literally retarded and have been well brainwashed by Nvidia's marketing department.
>What is the 390x
>What is the Fury X
Common man why the fuck would you go from GDDR5 to HMB1 other than bragging rights? 4GB < 8GB

Reference is 100 more than msrp. When evga and others release with their coolers they'll prolly be 620-680.

>
>>blaming AMD
>You are literally retarded and have been well brainwashed by Nvidia's marketing department.

I'm in the uk too, just order from the states dummy

>Implying
I really doubt it.

MAYBE prices will settle to that as supply gets better but i doubt it.

A shame AMD didnt just drop HMB meme from Fury because it really was useless.

should have just gone GDDR5X or 6 and drop HMB2 next year
AMD have no drivers honestly the 390 i tried the beta's where unusable and the last full release was back in march this year

Absolutely unforgivable when so many new games are coming out

No competition - monopoly - bloated prices and no inovation

Purpose of Nvidia (and AMD) is to earn money just like every other company in world and if they can do it at no cost then they will.

Do you honestly, actually, believe that? Do you honestly think that aftermarket 1080s will be under the price of the reference one, despite the recommended price? Because they won't. Those brands won't pass up the chance to make extra cash, because there's no cheaper alternative, and the supply is low and is going to run out anyway.

You're delusional.

After NVIDIA's string of fuck-ups?

No.

Nah man, founders is the most expensive 1080...at least until evga makes a kingpin version or something.

It'll be a week or two until each manufacturer releases the ones with their cooler. Early buyers are forced into overpaying for reference.

Are you two retards for real? Leave your basement and face the reality already instead of blaming one company for everything.

Compared to AMD

>290x housefire
>390x Housefire literally the same as a 290
>Fury HMB1 4GB meme
>Fury X Housefire Watercooled fiasco
>Poolaris Still not out even though its going to be July-Seppt 'Mid Year' my ass its a paper launch
Honestly a shitty fucking year for graphics cards thus far
So realistically if a aftermarket cooler version is available for $700 ill get it

Had the AMD meme they literally have no drivers for new games doom and every other game this year has been a disaster.

Yes, that IS the entire point of rebranding reference as founders. They """""justify""""" price difference by using metals on reference cooler which make it more expensive to produce.

The strix, acx, etc versions are absolutely going to be cheaper. Price will, as always, depend on how much factory oc you buy.

Nah. There's nothing my two $140 290's can't run at 1440p yet.

>AMD have no drivers honestly the 390 i tried the beta's where unusable and the last full release was back in march this year
And yet, even with no drivers and the overhead problem in DX11, they still compete head to head with Nvidia's alternatives in every tier.

Think about that for a second now.

nvidia's last breath before they go under for a while. at least until they can figure out asynch computing. gunna be sorry owning nvidia with dx12 quickly becoming the standard.

6GB is and will be enough by the time they release 1080Ti

No. I like my 660 still.

i probly get 12 670

I would expect the lowest evga acx card to sell for 619-639 with additional factory oc tiers like sc, ssc and so on increasing price by 10-20 bucks each or so. Ftw prolly around 670-680.

I will buy the card that costs around $300 canadian after taxes. That better be the price for one of the new cards REE

Except supply of 1080 and 1070 chips is going to be low as fuck, due to the process being new and the chips being so big, low yields, etc.

Add to that, the fact that the cheapest one on the market (Reference) is already more expensive than the recommended price, and you have the perfect excuse for manufacturers to release them at more expensive prices. Because guess what, people will pay up. And they will still be sold out.

Welcome to Capitalism 101. You're not going to price your product lower, because you will run out of stock even at higher prices. If supply is low, and interest is high, you increase the price, not lower it. You're a gullible retard for believing otherwise.

No ill get the amd card.

i love the performance of the 290 but its literally a fucking housefire.

my cpu temps jumped from 20-40 idle to fucking 50-60 degrees+ just by having the gpu sit idle next to my noctura

plus they have a habit of dying on me.
Fuck sake their still $600aud+ for a 980 even

Godamnit why are videocards so overpriced and shitty?

I swear we've been stuck at 4gb 6gb and 8gb for fucking 3 years when can we get better cards with actual new shit in them?

>muh 1080
Wow Shit 4k performance shit 1440p performance per $ and slower/the same as a 980ti and titan that cost around about the same where i am
Well ive had all 3 in my PC and their all shit as fuck
Is EVGA the best for nvidia?

"Head to head" sure you can call problems with every new release like that. Thank god that we have Nvidia sabotage and Nvidia gimping memes to do damage control for AMD incompetence

>No ill get the amd card.

No I'll just buy 3 more 970s and run them in SLI

I would expect 3rd party sellers on Amazon and shit to buy a bunch and resell at crazy prices. Directly from manufacturer you will get legit pricing...or directly from Amazon or newegg or whoever.

i can see where he's coming from i made that mistake twice now and with the 390 approaching the 980 price its hard to justify putting up with no drivers and shit temps for $100 less

in the long run it wasnt worth it for me i am going back to nvidia

I just need something to last until Vega and Whatever the 1080ti is and im happy but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO its all overpriced shit

Did you just ignore half my post on purpose, or are you still in denial?

This. Never buy the non-Ti version.

Nice damage control from AMD shills, other companies should learn.

Sup Forums loves getting cucked, so probably yes

you're right, this what i'll do. i'll buy another 970 with an new psu and all will be fine.

Evga has the best warranty and customer service. Considering enthusiasts like to push cards hard, evga is a trusted manufacturer.

They don't make the best cards every generation tho.

they were never memes kiddo. why do you think every gimpworks game runs like garbage?

mwave.com.au/product/powercolor-r9-390x-pcs-8gb-gddr5-video-card-ab69368#detailTabs=tabReviews

Is this good? Cheapest 390x i can get

The card didn't even come out yet. Calm down matey.

I'm ignoring it because it's not based on any facts whatsoever.

Nvidia doesn't raise and drop prices depending on market like amd does. They've literally never had to.

Dat 1 pricing is going to be the actual pricing. It ALWAYS is on nvidia launches. And they always sell out. But like I said, third party sellers will absolutely do it.

Witcher 3? Nope
Project Cars? Nope
Batman? Yep but it was made by company who only did mobile games before
Fallout 4? Yep but its made by company who makes players to repair all of their games.

Name one game that was "gimped" without incompetence of developers.

Are there any concrete rumours on the 1080ti? Or is it likely a long way away?

Maby someone got their hands on a founders (reference) card?

Or maby someone can speculate about it and give me some advice.

you can get a 390 for $319 on newegg. not sure what the difference is from the 390x.
>witcher 3 nope
ok now I know your trolling.

No. It's shit and overpriced.

Oops didn't mean to quote

did you miss the part where i am in aus and use aud?

i ran it through currancy conversion thats like $360usd for my 390x

Already ordered it

Just gotta wait for the refund on my broken 390

Probably comes with HBM2 so release date can be expected somewhere in late 2017.

Nvidia can't storm the market because they don't actually have any GPUs to sell. It'll take months before the 1070 and 1080 become widely available.

By then everybody will have a Polaris card and Nvidia will become bankrupt and commit sudoku.

ya probably because you didnt mention you were in aus.

This.

same thing happened when i got their flagship gpu's

especially if you live outside of the USA stock will take MONTHS to get to you.

Stupid really but thats how it works.
This .com.au didnt give it away?

Please tell me how Witcher 3 had gimped performance.

We know shit about polaris yet you claim that AMD will be ready faster or at same time as Nvidia, how the hell is this not blind fanboyism

>Please tell me how Witcher 3 had gimped performance.
not him but pretty sure it got gimped by a driver update, it was fixed after.

that said in the 2 years i had my 770 its performance got better if anything.

I'd say around 45-50+ fps.

At least until or even if they update their game for the new line of cards.

it runs like shit even with hairworks turned off. Nvidia always overdoes the tessellation. Amd's optimized tessellation settings can only do so much. nvidia partnered releases always run like shit for both cards but it hits amd by not letting them look at the code so they can optimize properly. they also keep getting caught red handed purposely gimping performance through ludicrous amounts of tessellation to the point of people accusing them of doing it on purpose because there definitely isnt another logical reason for it.

No because I'm already pushing 60fps at 1080p on the games I play. I don't think I'm due for a upgrade until 2017. The 1080 is not a leap in technology. It's just overclocked.

random pic

we know polaris will use asynch and if you think thats nothing you would be wrong.

>sakura puffs up with DICKS

Waiting on the 1070, probably msi.

I'll probably get the 1070. I'm in dire need of an upgrade, literally anything, the "just wait" meme has gone on far too long for me. I've been using a fucking 6850 for the past 5 years, and I'm so desperate for something better, I'm using a 7870 that has melted plastic and has lit on fire once.

nvidiot fanboy.

What? You might want to read that over one more time. I've been using AMD cards for the past 5 years.

youtube.com/watch?v=myDYnofz_JE
>2% better than an overclocked 980ti
>thermal throttles
>doesn't overclock for shit even with an AIO cooler
Worst card of the decade.

Good goy

Will make my girlfriend get a 1070.

this man and his accent should just fucking die

Are you going to get your girlfriend's son one too?

You should ask the amdcuck next door.

No, it is a garbage card that's only 5% better than OC'd 980ti and doesn't have hardware async

No.

Sure! I mean, look at the benchmark, whats not to like?

I haven't researched nor bought anything GPU related since the Radeon R9 start.

So, I'm wondering, what's a good triple monitor set up? 1920x1080 x3, nothing fancy.

No, my 390x is doing everything I need it to so I have no reason to upgrade.

Even if I was going to I'd wait until aftermarket cards were out since reference coolers always suck in comparison.

So fucking stupid

>I have no argument against this

>what's a good triple monitor set up?
Do people still do this in 2016? Always thought these looked like shit. Bezels out the ass.

A nice, large 1440p 144/120 Hz and a nice vertical 1080 144/120 Hz panel would be the ideal setup in my mind. Much more useful.

I have vertical 1080 and it sucks. Vertical 1200 is needed

nice bait

It's for sim racing, I don't care much about res, I just want a good displayed wide area so that it can show more.
That said, I might go with a "VR thingy" instead (although triple screens would be nice for productivity outside of gaming).

I can't watch this guy's videos cuz of that accent, but the Founders Edition is definitely a meme card. With all the headroom the 1080 (supposedly has), why would you get a card that only has one little 8 pin?

I'm waiting for the aftermarket cards that will be the real OCers.

Excuse me?

nice bait, dumb nigger.

>at said, I might go with a "VR thingy" instead (although triple screens would be nice for productivity outside of gaming).
>VR program that displays triple screen monitors, can use all your programs as if they were actual screens
Soon

Are you okay?

How much in Candian monopoly money?

$2000

Just bought a 6600k, along with a mobo etc. Won't assemble until a 1080 is released. Not a founders one either.

>I'm hoping no one notices the SLI ($1100 cost) part XD
>saving 15+ images just to bait
kill yourself