It's that time again

It's that time again.

Vim or emacs?

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/software/emacs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

if you want a bloated editor that won't actually make you significantly more productive when actually programming, and may actually hinder you until you have it fully configured, you should use vim.

but if you want a bloated editor that won't actually make you
significantly more productive when actually programming, and may actually hinder you until you have it fully configured, you should use emacs.

gnu.org/software/emacs/

Also

with vim installed: linux
with emacs installed: the GNU operating system, with linux

suicide

>not both at the same time
small time, kouhai desu

Why not both? Are you a slow learner? If so, you should probably give up programming entirely.

GNU nano

medit

Whatever. Both are good.

Is there really a difference though between them? They both need tinkering for hours for your own need and both have difficult learning curve, I'm using Linux for almost a year now and I still don't remember all the commands in vim or emacs, I have not yet to find a way to remove newline and at this point I use a "shitty" nano or sublime text solutions.

What's vim and emacs? I usually just use Word for text stuff

Spacemacs

Why choose when I can have both?

Get the fuck out rich text fag.

legit vi.

Depends. Am I on a 2016 computer? With 2016 hardware and software?
If so, neither.

Emacs.

>proportional font inside an editor

NEETmacs tries to be everything it isn't

vim or vi, because its going to be on any box I get on in the future by default.

does anyone have a download link for Vim

>using vim
>using emacs
>not using superior nano

Both will make you noticeably more productive.

nano and sublime

While we are at it, I remember being on the website of some new hip editor that had multiple selections like sublime but was CLI based. I can't find it anymore though. Anybody know it?