Have you ever had exploding capacitors or other spooky shit happen with your computer, Sup Forums?

Have you ever had exploding capacitors or other spooky shit happen with your computer, Sup Forums?

The only capacitor I have ``exploded'' happened to be in my Jeep's audio system.

I cum on cpu as thermal paste. Save me $10

>yfw babby pops out of cpu

>yfw it's black

Had a very old ATI radon card catch fire once.

yea 1 time i clicked a screamer

When I was younger I saw sparks fly out of the family computer. It was Cray.

>use computer the previous day
>no problems
>try to turn on the following morning
>won't POST
>go to work
>come back try to turn it on
>everything is fine and haven't had a problem again for the past 5 years
fucking magic

jesus...

Plugged in a cheap $2 USB plasma globe and went downstairs, came back up and my motherboard was toast, no idea what happened

I had smoke alarms go off in my house at 3am because of a PC Power&cooling power supply started smoking on my homeserver. No fire but scary shit. It was when PC P&C was good, too.

I once had a capacitor in my computer's power supply explode once. It caused some components to fly out through the ventilation holes.

Caps popped in a 3.5 year old monitor.

Don't buy LG, family.

Flipped the 120-240 switch on my PSU once

Same thing happened to my LG monitor, easy to fix but now it's fucking up again, LG really are shit

I changed some cables and an old floppy drive started burning itself.

I still remember that awful smell of burned plastic

Lmao you just got a usb killer. It's supposed to send another voltage into the motherboard, basically frying it.

Go to badcaps.net and welcome to my life.
Beware of exploded caps, they are very toxic/carcinogenic.

I put hot glue on a heatsink when I did not have thermal paste once and that motherboard never worked again.

yes

and then you realize it's just aluminum foil coated in gatorade, and that CPUs are just complicated sand, and you stop worrying about what happens.

>2016 >giving a fuck

>circuits 1 class
>some dumbass didn't follow the instructions and put a capacitor with the wrong orientation
>he loses an eye

Serves him right.